The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128967 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #870 on: July 03, 2010, 06:36:51 PM »
As everyone was eating, Hajime stood up at the end of the table alongside with the new faces. "As you all may have already guessed, these people around the table with you are going to be training you all. This stout young iguana to my direct right is Lo, she will be training the young ranger over there. Lo has worked alongside with rangers his whole life and was one of the families that served the Szardas prior to the war. He will teach you everything you know. The fox next to her Bo, he will be training Kiana. Bo's knowledge of Majicka and the best ways to increase your capacity and power is second to none among all ninjas. This vain one on my left *gestures a young-looking wolf with a pompadour half the size of Valia* is Mo, he will be training Korius and Chrono on anger management. I highly recommend Miss Elistra joining in their sessions. And finally, the elderly lady over there is our head medic, Vo, she and I will be working on re-channeling Korius' Ki everyday. I have already assigned Ferdande to train Drevo, and your friend White has long since left to assist our medical team at the training facilities, he will be coming to everyone's aid, but he has requested to stay in our town to study more on white magic. When you are all done with your meal, please follow your trainer to the facility below the ranch. Korius, you will be with Vo and I this morning. You can join Chrono and Lady Elistra in the afternoon."

Felodran awoke at the edge of the village, dazed and confused. He spotted a couple of the ninjas from the day before. "Hey! Why am I-?" One of the figures had turned threw a kunai at him, knocking off his helmet. "Theft is punishable by death out here, particularly if it's our signature sake. You can wait out here until your friends are done training."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #871 on: July 03, 2010, 08:02:36 PM »
Kiana listened to Hajime as she ate her food silently. When the fox was introduced as the one who would train her, she glanced up to see just who that was. She caught Bo's eye for a second then looked back down at her plate. "Oh great, a guy...this going to be fun..." She thought sarcastically. She finished the rest of her meal in silence. As she stood up to leave the table, Bo stood up as well and she followed him out of the Inn.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #872 on: July 04, 2010, 03:30:32 AM »
Talin didn't hear the announcement, since he went to sleep on the table after eating another helping of food. Elistra hefted him up on her right shoulder and walked over to Mo. "Just know I'm not stopping him if you want to make him go berserk... He might actually get the incantation right" she half-mumbled while giving Mo a side-glance. Although she was a bit peeved that he was only getting anger management while everyone else gets training that she sees as actual improvement. Tame at least fifteen years of rage in four days, right!!
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #873 on: July 04, 2010, 04:32:49 AM »
Drevo finished his food and went downstairs, noticing the others down there as well. He was eager to find where Ferdande went off to so he could push him to teach him "The knife trick". As he walked to the door he waved to the others. "Morning." He went outside and took a look around, seeing if he could spot Ferdande. "Hmm...Find a ninja win a prize...Where could he be?" He started walking down the road still looking around, in "The places a ninja would hide". "Hmm...If I were a ninja where would I hide? Haystack...Nope. Windows...Eh....Nope. Roof? don't see anything. Barrel? No room in here...Maybe he's invisible. Wait...A ninja...I'm trying to find a ninja." "Drevo." Drevo practically jumped out of his skin and turned around to see Ferdande leaning against a wall. "Where were you?" "Around..." "You should teach me how to be sneaky like that." "Come on...Let's get going." "Wait, I don't have my weapon." As they were walking Ferdande turned to him. "No need, I've prepared your weapons. I told you, I've been expecting you." "Why's that?" "Korius, we fought once before. His Ki was unstable, pouring out at an unhealthy rate. It's amazing he's still alive. I made him take that room because we have seals on it to suppress his powers. But he still managed to over power even the seals, though barely. Your friend is complicated..." "So what kind of weapons do I get?! Are you going to teach me the knife trick?!" "No...I've designed a few for you to use." "Sweet! What are they?!" "You'll see when we get there..."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #874 on: July 04, 2010, 07:36:59 AM »
Kitt stood after having finished, and so did Lo opposite... She walked over and gave him a hearty clap on the shoulder...
"One of the last of the Szardas? It's an honour to meet another of your clan... I feared, that they had all gone..."
Kitt shrugged, swinging his crossbow onto one shoulder. Lo had a strange lisp on all her 'S's that at first made it hard to understand. She nodded approvingly, and then lead him out of the Inn...

"So... How far are you with your Ranger's training? Who was it who has been teaching you until now?... No offence meant, but the others in your group couldnt exactly have trained you well if it was them...."
Kitt stayed silent, walking alongside the iguana along the streets... She looked at him sidelong, cocking her head curiously... "Is there somthing wrong Szarda? I must know how far you have been trained so that i can help..."

Kitt shook his head, clearing away thoughts of his father... "Well i'm thirteen.... And still a Ranger in training.... My father trained me.. he passed away recently...."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #875 on: July 04, 2010, 12:28:25 PM »
Korius followed Hajime and Vo out of the building before anyone else. However, he was led in the opposite direction of the ranch. "Before you ask, our medical center is on the other side. You'll meet your friend, White there." Korius was led into a small hut and then under one of the floorboards. Stairs led down to an underground center that was exceptionally larger than any clinic that Korius has ever seen. White ran over to him, eyes glowing like a child to a brand new toy, "Hey! I guess sticking with you all until your training was a good idea after all! The medical texts here are amazing! And-" Vo pushed the excited little mage aside, "Okay, sonny, move along now. We have a long morning ahead of us. Please, Sir Lambent, this way." Vo led Korius to a separate room that seemed to glow a brilliant color. Once inside, he found a large circle that seemed to be used for big spells. Hajime and almost 20 other ninjas were seated around the circle. "This is our medical circle. We channel our chakra through this to perform high-level medical operations. However, to rechannel your Ki, we found it necessary to use this as well. I'm not going to lie, it's going to hurt more than when it was sealed away."

Post Merge: July 05, 2010, 12:11:07 AM
Bo led Kiana towards the tavern across the way from the Inn. The barkeep stepped aside from behind the bar and pressed an unseen button, and the sound of string-drawn pullies could be heard and a trap door emerged from underneath where the barkeep had been standing. "This way, Lady Kiana." He led her into the large underground that seemed like an underground Colosseum. Bo brought Kiana over to the far corner where there were lots of straw bales that hung from the high ceiling above. "Today, you will be showing me every spell you know and you are going to be casting them in quick succession. I can read Majicka levels, so I'll be sure to stop you just short of complete depletion and death. I'll stand.... behind you...."
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:11:07 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #876 on: July 05, 2010, 12:53:54 AM »
Kiana followed Bo in silence. When he said he'd be standing behind her she just rolled her eyes. "I don't stand still." She thought to herself as spun her staff in her fingers then held it beside her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. When she exhaled, she opened her eyes quickly and started casting all of the spells that she knew at the "enemies". A few of the moves being jutting rocks, creating walls and moving them together to crush her foes, and covering herself with rock, among others.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #877 on: July 05, 2010, 01:05:36 AM »
Elistra didn't feel Talin moving beyond his natural breathing, and turned towards Mo, still holding the sated wolf over her shoulder. "I'll wake him up once we get there... if you would kindly lead the way" She said with a hand gesture away from where they were currently standing. It was hard for her to deal with anyone but Talin, since he was the only furred creature she tried to talk casually with. Kiana was also an issue, but she had the impression that she would only turn violent if she was pushed at all, of which Talin was the perfect example of.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #878 on: July 05, 2010, 02:38:55 AM »
Ferdande led Drevo through a hidden door in some building, in which Drevo geeked out about. He then took him down a long corridor and finally into a room. The room seemed bare, there was merely a large mat in the center and off to the side a barrel full of what looked like staffs. "Is this it? It doesn't seem very special." Ferdande went over to the barrel and took out one of the weapons, they were all just ordinary looking bow staffs. He tossed it to Drevo who was walking over and took one for himself. Ferdande motioned for him to follow him onto the mat. "Come on...Let me show you one of you new weapons." Drevo examined his weapon as he walked onto the mat. "What's so new about it?" "Apply pressure to the center of it." Drevo did so and the bow staff separated into three pieces linked together by chain. "Woah! Awesome!" "That one will take getting used to, now, do your best to hit me." "Are you sure?" "I can handle it, Drevo." Drevo nodded and returned his bow staff to a single part. After that he darted at Ferdande, who blocked it. "Your slow." "Shut up!" Drevo spun around to try and catch Ferdande off guard, but he blocked it again. Drevo jumped back and came at him again, but was blocked. "Drevo, that weapon is special, use it to your advantage." Ferdande kicked Drevo in the gut knocking him back. Drevo readied himself again, this time he separated the bow staff, taking it by one end and spinning to wrap it around Ferdande's guard. Ferdande ducked and let the weapon wrap around his, which made it smack Drevo in the face with his own weapon. "Good, but not good enough." "That was cheap." "All is fair in love and war."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #879 on: July 05, 2010, 08:51:29 AM »
Lo and Kitt walked, and kept walking.... It seemed they had been walking for around half an hour before she finally stopped him, under the shade of a wide oak tree...
"This area is a small coppice, it is used for archery and hunting training, due to its more natural surroundings..."
Kitt looked around, and sure enough, the coppice spread out into a small woodland... full of tall beeches, spindling birch and weeping willow... Lo gave him a sharp slap to the back of the head... "Pay attention child.... Rangers are the master of the woods... or supposedly so.... so this is where we will train, get out your bow..."

Training with Lo was harsh, a routine of simulated fights, interspersed with advice and scornful disappointments... Kitt crouched behind the dappled form of a willow, bringing the target into his sights. A bolt spat across the coppice, and then another, and another... each striking one of the wooden targets, each of which was punched through with a splintered hole....

He smirked, only to replace the smile with a grimace of surprise, and Lo jumped out beside him "A Ranger must be fast, adaptable! Kitt drew his sword, catching Lo's own thrust with a sparking parry...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #880 on: July 06, 2010, 12:18:05 AM »
Korius' screams could be heard outside the hut entrance and all throughout the underground medical center. Vo, Hajime and the 18 others around the circle were sweating hard as they concentrated on re-channeling Korius' Ki. 10 other ninjas stood around the group, generating a larger circle around them all, which kept Korius from being able to get up. Korius' eyes both glowed a very bright red and was foaming at the mouth. His screaming continued as his anger had long since taken over, trying to break free and massacre those around him. More ninjas came inside, adding more to the effort of keeping Korius from escaping. After 4 long hours, they finally stopped, and remained in the room for another 30 minutes before Korius was able to calm down. Hajime hoisted the exhausted black wolf onto her shoulders and carried him out. "This is only the beginning, young one. We've only managed to restore the correct Ki channels by 5% this morning. Your afternoon sessions with Mo will be cut short for you so that we can make progress."

Mo led the way for Elistra (Talin in tow) towards the tavern across the street and entered the same door as Kiana had. Inside the large Colosseum training area, Mo brought Elistra and Talin over to the far end, but on the opposite corner from where Kiana was training. Mo gestured for Elistra to set Talin down. From there, Mo took out a small set of needles from inside his pompadour and inserted them into set points into Talin's body, making sure to inflict as much pain as he could, "Now your anger management begins. Lady Elistra will be hitting you at key points at a constant rate, and you must keep yourself composed. Should you even make any sudden movements to retaliate against here, those needles in your body will send even more seering pain throughout all of your pressure points, causing a temporary, and quite painful I might add, paralysis. Now, if you please, *gestures towards Elistra* slap him across the face as hard as you can."

Bo's eyes dodged and weaved along with Kiana, but concentrated more on her behind. MMMmmm..mmmmmm... Even for a cheetah, these royal girls really are foxy. He became so distracted that he almost missed out on watching her Majicka. Kiana was nearing depletion and he had to stop her. Bo jumped from his spot and restrained Kiana. "That's enough for now. Take a bit of a... nap... and we'll get together with the others for midday supper."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:22:46 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #881 on: July 06, 2010, 01:30:42 AM »
Kiana could feel her body wearing down as she cast her spells in quick succession. When Bo finally stopped her by restraining her, she weakly tugged against his hold. She didn't like him touching her. She didn't even know the guy and he was holding her when it was the hardest for her to fight it. "Get...your hands...off...of me..." She growled. By that time though, she was feeling very tired and even though she wanted to be sure that he wasn't touching her before she fell asleep, she ended up slowly drifting off and sinking to the ground.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #882 on: July 06, 2010, 01:47:02 AM »
Elistra closed her eyes, not wanting to look at Talin's 'torture' while she slapped him. This only seemed to annoy him underneath the excessive pain;"After all I put you through, you still havn't got the will to sla-" he was cut off as she did just what she was told to, although it did leave injury since her draconian heritage designed her nails to tear through rock and flesh with equal ease. Chronin's 'voice' started to creep into his head since his mind was too pre-occupied with dulling the pain. You're just going to sit there and let that 'Mo' boss your mate into slapping you?! it 'yelled' as he just ignored the storm of pain in his mind. "If you need me to hit him again, can I choose some other method beyond a slap?" she asked, almost in a pleading voice as she didn't want to scar his face just for him to control anger.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:50:17 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #883 on: July 06, 2010, 02:16:39 AM »
Drevo was flung back from an attack by Ferdande, getting to his feet he took his fighting stance. "Your weak, Drevo." "What?" "Your family died because you were so weak." "What did you say?!" "How can you expect to keep protecting your friend if your so weak?" "Shut up!" Drevo rushed at Ferdande, in the blink of an eye. Ferdande almost couldn't block it, Drevo's speed was startling to him and kept him on edge. "Your weak." "Shut up! SHUT UP!" "You can't save anyone." "Yes I can!" Drevo kept at him, still getting blocked until he was kicked hard into the wall. He quickly came back at Ferdande who grabbed him and slammed him into the floor and restrained him as he wriggled trying to get free. "Gah! I'll kick your-!" "Drevo! Calm yourself, you can't lose control!" Drevo slowly calmed down, Ferdande still restraining him.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #884 on: July 06, 2010, 08:34:23 AM »
Kitt lay on the coppice floor, panting and completely out of breath... Lo stood over him, with her sword at his throat, her frown relaxed into a half-smile... "You fight well for someone your age, and with so little actual training.... that is enough, for today..."

She sheathed her sword, reaching down to help pull Kitt to his feet. He was still panting heavily, barely able to lift his sword arm... "But it would seem we need to work on your endurance... although you are young, so that will come with time...." She knelt down to Kitt's height, putting a hand on each shoulder... "I know about Vladimir Kitt... we where... close before the war..."

Kitt tried to pull away, but Lo held him tight, her claws digging in through his cloak... "Kitt... your father would be proud... now then, enough training for today..."