The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128893 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2010, 09:26:35 PM »
"Heh, I've got a bottle of Sake in the bag behind you," Drevo chuckled as he reached a fork in the road. He took the right, which led to Marcelus.
"We should be there within an hour or so,"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2010, 11:41:44 AM »
Kitt listened to Kiana eagerly, amber eyes wide and curious. His father laughed quietly, watching his son, though he too was interested in Kiana's explanation... None of his family had magika, or none that he knew of, and magic was somthing he knew only vaguely about from fighting it.
"so... no matter how hard i tried... i couldnt ever, ever, ever do magic?"
The young feline looked slightly crestfallen, as if a great treat or prize had been snatched from his grip... His father frowned slightly, ruffling Kitt's hair..
"theres no need to be like that.... if you can do magic, or if you cant your still my son... and that makes you special... no one else in the WHOLE WORLD is the same as you..." Kitt hugged his father side, still watching Kiana with interest, especially her staff... he seemed to be trying to picture a seven year old Kiana with the staff, grinning he turned to see Korius.

Kitt's father Smirked, pulling his hood down... "your trust is not needed, only your help... though if it does come down to trust, be sure i will be the first to stab you in the back..." he laughed, stowing his repeater crossbow over his shoulder and pulling Kitt closer to him before walking into the blacksmiths after Korius...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 07:43:19 PM by Kitt (Santa Claws) »
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2010, 01:11:20 AM »
Elistra dragged Talin, her strength too little to no longer carry him, over to a wall on the inside and proped him up, then sat in front of him. Her eyes were unblinking as she waited for him to wake up.

Luckily for time-sake, he only stayed asleep for a few moments and then woke up with Elistra's hands around his neck. "Come on, can't ev-" She tightened her grip and then pushed him up the wall, , letting his feet dangle as she repeatedly slammed him into the wall. "Never, do, that, again!!!!" she then dropped him. There was a dent in the wall from where she slammed him, along with cracks in the masonry. He breathed heavily as he tried to stay consious enough to mouth a 'sorry', then just waited as he let his limbs regain connection from that almost traumatic experience.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 02:39:15 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Tehfoxboy

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • i am the fox man i am the walrus coo coo ca choo
    • Awards
  • Species: common red Fox (vulpes vulpes) kyuubi hybrid
  • Coloring: reddish orange and white
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: avarge, toned
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2010, 01:34:47 AM »
*a heavily cloaked figure walked in from the cold looking around the room surveying the other patrons his face shrouded in a hood only the tip of his muzzle was visible he sniffed the air once.*
24 straight single male furry :3

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2010, 02:52:18 AM »
Kiana chuckled at the father and son. "Yes, Kitt, I wouldn't recommend you EVER trying to do magic. It's not worth killing yourself over." She said, smirking. She followed after Korius with them. "That's correct. He will be joining us later. He's quite the stubborn one so he wouldn't let us stay and help him, just yelled at us to leave and come here." She rolled her eyes. If it had been possible to grip the sigil tighter, she would have when Korius was talking about it. "I obviously made it quite clear when I first met him that I would protect something like this just as much as he does." She had a certain tone in her voice, something like bitterness but not exactly that. Moving the sigil away from her stomach, she looked down at it, taking more time to examine it than she was able to when it was thrown to her.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2010, 03:24:08 AM »
Valius grabbed the bottle and started sipping it slowly. "Thanks for the drink. Sorry about the carriage." He drank away as they continued down the way.

Korius didn't pay mind to the patrons, he merely went around the furnace and moved the progression rack against the wall. He reached around and found an iron ring. Korius tugged on it, which opened a hidden door. He jumped down and disappeared for about a minute. He climbed back out and closed the door behind him. He carried two large quivers, each one glowing with a different color. Korius handed the first one to Kitt, half the bolts in it seemed normal, but the other half glowed a bright yellow. "You appear to have a good eye, however, you are still behind in abilities. Therefore, the glowing bolts, use sparingly. They are embued with thunder magic. After they're fired, you pretty much shoot a lightning bolt." Korius handed the other to Kitt's father, its contents the same, but glowed blue. "You have skills as sharp as those eyes. I'll entrust you with the water bolts. As with your son, use them sparingly, this is all you get. It took a lot of money and pulling of strings to get embued items." Korius walked over and looked Talin up and down, surveying his injuries. He merely nodded and took Talin's weapon to the furnace.

As Talin began to protest, Valius leaned hard against the side of the door. "It's okay, Talin. He may not look it, but his eyes are sharper than the old ranger's and he's the best damn smith in Gaia. You'll find your weapon will cut finer than before." Korius snarled a little as he began heating Talin's weapon, "You bring quite the carnival with you, Captain. After being under you for so many years, I thought you'd be with a better crowd." Korius reached for his hammer as Talin's weapon continued to heat up. Instead of taking down the hammer, he pulled on it, revealing a small compartment connected to the hook. Various colors glowed from it as he reached in and closed it, holding something green in his hand. He walked up to Kiana, "This is the only pure emerald left. This bangle was created and worn by the High Mage Nimali Anil from over 900 years ago. But be warned, the power that runs in a pure element is far more dangerous than you running out of majicka. If you're unable to control its power, you WILL die."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2010, 09:50:21 AM »
Drevo hopped off the carriage and leaned against the wall near Valius; his bowstaff leaning against him.
"I take it you know these people, cat," said Drevo as he eyed the people in the room. First the two Szardas, the smaller then the bigger. He then looked over to the wolf and dragon woman. Then he eyed the cheetah curiously; not looking at anyone else for several moments.
"So what are you all doing...I'm sure you aren't just going on a camping trip..." Drevo asked, scratching behind his ear.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2010, 10:12:59 AM »
Kitt held the quiver, pulling out a bolt and eyeing it curiously. His father did the same, squinting with one eye closed and his tongue sticking out of the corner of his mouth as he concentrated on the runes marked along the shaft of the bolt...

"these are of great quality. I have not seen such well embued bolts for a long time... i reckon i am in your debt for such generosity.." He held up a paw before Korius could say a word... "i would feel insulted for someone not to accept my debt, i do not hand out such loyalties easily... not anymore that is..."

The two Szardas looked up momentarily at the newcommer, along with Valius, before looking back down and stowing what bolts they had left into the new quivers... "I'm glad to see you pulled through Valius... and you seemed to have found someone new.... it seems random travelers, adventurers and assassins are drawn to you like the a magnet..." He laughed, rubbing his chin with one paw in contemplation...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 02:39:42 PM by Kitt (Santa Claws) »

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2010, 11:32:25 PM »
Talin finally got up and stumbled his way over to a pool of water used for cooling off finished blades, and dunked his head in. He then pulled it out and gulped in air. "I... needed that..." he said before walking back to Elistra, then a pair of gloved hands covered his eyes and he shook his head about. Guess who, little one? Talin pushed him away and growled at Chronin. However, since Chronin is only visible in Talin's eyes, all that is really seen is Talin suddenly flailing his arms about, and then growling at the wall. I just want to see if your injuries need healing... or are you already dead? Talin lunged at Chronin, smashing into a wall and throwing his fists at him.

Elistra tried to ignore as her partner continuously swung at the floor, hoping he doesn't get her involved.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2010, 12:18:58 AM »
Kiana looked up from the sigil and leaned her staff against the wall behind her, turning and taking the emerald with a straight face and nodding. "Such a chipper fellow." She thought to herself in a sarcastic way. She could see the wolf who had come in after Valius looking around at everyone from the corner of her eye and noticed he looked at her longer. "What's with all the interest in me?" She thought, shaking her head a little. No one had ever been intrigued by or curious about her before, that she had noticed anyway. It was odd for her.
She turned her head towards Valius. "Welcome back. Upon completing the task you gave us, I found someone who is more unpleasant than you are." She inclined her head towards Korius and chuckled. "I would assume that he's an old buddy of yours..." She looked down at the sigil in her left hand then held it out to Valius. "I would also assume that you want this back considering how protective you are of it according to Korius."

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2010, 12:45:12 AM »
Valius held out a hand and took the sigil as he swung a rearing fist and punched Drevos in the gut for his smug comment.

At the same time, Korius had dashed in, punching Drevo in the chest. The force of both their hits knocked him 3 feet back, onto his rear. The two of them spoke at the same time, "He is (I am) not a cat!" Valius looked over at Kiana, "Yes. Despite his young age, he was actually my predecessor as Captain of the Knights of Gaia. He left the Knights after 1 year to serve as both Koara Uzima's personal guard, and her assassin. During and prior to the Defining War, she had taken up the reigns as the proprietor of the Knights. After the war, she greatly aged because the Dark One had destroyed her sigil. When the remaining Guardians betrayed the people, they targeted her. And you know the rest of the story."

Korius unhooked Valia from Valius's armour and examined it. "You've really let go with the buster, haven't you? I know you miss her, Valius. The Mistress gave us the mission and we had to do it no matter what. Valia understood that, that's why she helped us get out. Your favourite brand's right next to the claymore shelf over there."

Valius sighed as he walked in, limping as he went along, and sat down on the edge of the display table, which was littered with blades of all types. He reached up on the shelf next to the table and grabbed a bottle of bourbon. "It's fine and you know it. I bet you think they're quite the lot, don't you?" Korius nodded, "I was pretty sure I knew you better than that, but seeing as they're the Mistress's predicted chosen, I guess there's no way around it." He lowered his voice and beamed at Talin, who was still swinging at nothing. "Who would've thought that the Dark One's descendant would be one of the Chosen. Life truly is ironic."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2010, 05:24:12 AM »
Drevo got up from the floor, supporting himself on his bowstaff.
"Seems I struck a nerve...Heh..." he scoffed.
"My bad..."
Drevo looked at Talin oddly before glancing at Kitt and his father examining their bolts then looking back and forth at the two women in the room.
"The dragon lady seems to be quite the fireball" he thought to himself, before looking at Kiana again. "But her..."
Drevo scratched his ear again, finally recovering from the blow and returning to leaning on the wall.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2010, 04:09:38 PM »
THe two Szardas stood silently, Kitt's father had his dark green hood drawn up, watching the group... Kitt however had his hood pulled down, and was watching everything that was going on with glee... after months of staying in hiding and alone, this was a great adventure to him...
"so Kitt.... enchanted bolts eh?... you must feel like a real ranger..."
Kitt looked up and blushed slightly, mumbling somthing indescernable...

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2010, 01:27:44 AM »
Talin kept punching at Chronin, who seemed to either evade his punches, or deflect them with the palm of his hand. Two minutes afterwards he tosses Chronin at the wall. For a brief moment, wether they see it or not, Chronin is completely visible to everyone and then just vanishes again. Talin follows up the toss with more punches, being a bit more successful this time.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2010, 02:15:50 AM »
Kiana had to fight the muscles in her face so that she wouldn't smile at what happened to Drevo. This wouldn't be noticeable to anyone else though, to them her face was completely straight with no sign of her fighting a smile. She listened intently to Valius' story as he explained how he knew Korius and their time with Koara and was obviously very interested in it especially because of how Valius had talked in the tavern. When it got to the point where Korius was talking about Valius' wife, she felt like she was intruding on a private conversation. Her body urged her to leave the blacksmith shop, to just quietly back out of the door, but she stayed since the conversation didn't last long.
She didn't really pay attention to Talin struggling with nothing over by the other wall, but she did know that he was, in fact, doing it. What did catch her attention was Drevo looking at her again and she turned her head towards him, her eyebrows pulled together and her lips in a tight line showing that she was unhappy. "Can I help you with something?" She said, sounding slightly agitated. This was the first time she had really shown an unpleasant emotion on her face and in her voice.