The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128962 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #915 on: July 14, 2010, 10:39:08 PM »
Kiana stood up for a minute, turning so she was facing where Talin and Elistra were being trained. She removed her cloak for the first time in a while since she was hot with it on after all their training and set in on the floor as she sat down. Her knees were bent up and she wrapped her arms around her legs. She had almost forgotten what her tunic-dress looked like along with her tights. She watched Talin and Elistra being trained and was thankful that she didn't have to do through anger management training.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #916 on: July 14, 2010, 11:48:07 PM »
Elistra never really had any pride, her brother Elistro had usually taken the bulk of her parents' attention for most of her life. However, she had plenty of shame in not being able to stop Mo from beating her. The only times she relied on Talin was when in moments like this, but at least she felt safe when he put himself in danger for her. However, this was different as Talin was too far and apparently Mo was getting past Talin's attempt at 'pushing' him away.

The only thing that kept her from breaking down was also because Talin would probably try harder to protect her, and might end up trying to break himself out of the needles before doing his best to end Mo's life...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #917 on: July 15, 2010, 12:49:33 AM »
Drevo grinned ready to fight even though he was getting tired. When he said he would go over it with Korius his hopes were dashed. He knew would be like "*Laughs* No." Like and evil father or something...But he just went at the clones. But he was tired and didn't notice one sneaking up behind him, by the time he turned he was hit right in the face and knocked him out. He let out an "Ouch." just before thudding on the ground.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #918 on: July 15, 2010, 08:50:34 AM »
With a sigh, Lo pushed Kitt's crossbow down from the raised position... "Good... that shall do for today... We should head back to the tavern, it will be getting dark soon... and I have a special form of training for you after dark.." kitt gave an internal moan... training at night, could only mean that he wouldnt be getting any sleep...

Lo gave a disapproving click of her tongue "Do not be like that young ranger.... For if you really wish to call yourself that i need to train you in every art of ranger tactics... one of which happens to be night-fighting... Many of your kind are... where... felines, and so I am going to test your night vision capabilities... to their utmost.." She gave a reptilian smirk, as they started to head back to the tavern...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #919 on: July 15, 2010, 11:53:02 PM »
Mo sighed as time ran out, "Well, that wasn't too bad. I'm surprised, Lady Elistra. You've been able to fight your anger from shame. However, Talin, YOU on the other hand, need some severe help with controlling yourself. Tomorrow, I'll have something special for the two of you. Tonight, though, you'll eat and sleep and get plenty of rest." Mo waited for the two of them to cool off before he removed the needles and led them back upstairs.

Bo sighed as Mo led the others up, "Aw, I was hoping to see Talin break another 3 times. He looked so funny every time he became paralyzed when he attempted to lash out at Mo. Despite his demure, Mo is one of the strongest in the whole village. That pompadour of his isn't just for looks, it's an actual weapon as well as a weapons cache. Now let's get your roun- er, let's get you upstairs for some food. You're done for today. The hot springs will do your joints good. I'm pretty sure your body's sore from exerting so much in one day."

Ferdande's clones vanished as time ran out. He walked up to Drevo and helped him up. "That's enough for today, friend. Let's eat, be merry, and get some rest tonight. I'll be keeping watch of the village with Mo tonight."

Korius was snoring away from fatigue as everyone began walking in. Hajime giggled from behind him, walking around to prepare the large table for the night's banquet.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #920 on: July 16, 2010, 01:26:58 AM »
Kiana stood up and picked up her cloak, draping it over her left arm and keeping her staff in her right hand. She examined Mo when Bo talked about him. His pompadour did look completely ridiculous but even with it he didn't look like someone she cared to mess with. She followed him up to the tavern, thinking about the hot springs and whether or not she wanted to use them tonight. She sat down at the table and stifled a chuckle when she saw Korius asleep and snoring. "Somebody's worn out..." She said softly, not really surprised that the day had exhausted but surprised at seeing him sleeping since she had always been asleep before he had even looked like he was going to fall asleep. She sat there patiently while the people got everything ready for their meal, really looking around at the tavern for the first time.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #921 on: July 16, 2010, 02:09:06 AM »
The darkness that was pouring out of Talin had faded away when the needles were removed and Elistra lifted him up. "Don't beat yourself up over what Mo sa-" "You were going to cry right in front of Mo, did it really seem that familiar to your treatment by your father?!" Elistra nodded and was about to cry while carrying him, he just covered his eyes and quietly shushed her. "Don't show that guy tears, he probably gets off on seeing girls cry." Elistra's frown changed to a smile as she began to chuckle, brushing off his hand as she carried his tired body to the tavern for another over-kill of food...

After they ate, Talin carried himself up the stairs, and Elistra opened the door for him, but he walked past the door and went over to the window, looking outside with concern. "I couldn't hold him back..." she growled and pulled him away before shoving him at the wall. "So thats it, one failure and you droop like an idiot!" She held him up by the bottom of his jaw, and Talin started getting his own spark of hostility at being held up like this by someone who was crying a meal ago. "How do I know I wo-" he was cut off as Elistra banged him into the wall again, making a rather nice dent. "Master the incantation, and his po-"

Talin kicked her in the gut, making her double over as he couldn't get past how frustrating it was for her to make it seem simple. "You don't have a High Mage living in your body, how will a dragon body help?!" Elistra recovered enough to pop Talin in the jaw, then bang his head in the door to their room. "I'm doing the best I can to help, now shut up and get in the room before I snap your tail in two!" The rare moments Elistra showed authority was where regardless of how the situation played out, Talin 'knew' that he could not dominate until she calmed down. He just rubbed his head as his Ancestor accelerated his healing, fixing fractures and a concussion as he walked into the room to begin their own training session...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 03:42:12 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #922 on: July 16, 2010, 02:38:47 AM »
Ferdande plopped Drevo down in a seat for the table. Shortly he smacked him in the back of the head to wake him up. He sat up quickly and shook his head. "Huh? Wha? Oh...Dinner!" Drevo quickly went to work on a plate that was in front of him. He looked around the table noticing lots of food, and a snoring Korius at the end. Drevo snickered to himself "Heh, I guess I outlasted him. even only for awhile." Drevo watched as the others came in, not really paying them any mind. Though tired, after eating Drevo stood up and headed to the door. "Hot spring time!" He laughed as if he were drunk as he went out the door and over to said hot spring. He went inside, greeted by someone who directed him to a changing room. Drevo stripped down to a towel and headed into the spring to relax.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #923 on: July 16, 2010, 10:19:58 AM »
Kitt walked into the tavern with Lo, overly pleased to see food and a chance for rest... However, even as he moved to sit down, Lo slapped him sharply across the back of the head... "Practice! I wasnt joking when i said you wouldnt eat until you could show me the correct stance..."

Groaning, Kitt pulled out his crossbow... It felt so heavy in his weary arms, and no matter how hard he tried to perform the standard firing position, the bow kept wavering and drooping downwards... Lo sighed, taking the crossbow carefully, and directing Kitt to a chair... "Okay... tonight is an exception... You did well...."

As Kitt started to eat, Lo walked up to Ferdande, clicking her tongue expectantly against the reptillian roof of her mouth... Making sure that Kitt couldnt hear, she shook her hands in mild desperation...  "Ferdande... he is too young!.... The training you are trying to make me teach him, should be learnt through the duration of years... not a matter of days!...." She turned back to look at Kitt, he looked just about ready to fall asleep right there... "I dont know how much i can push the child..... but, there is one other possibility... a ritual of the rangers, it may help.... I would need yours or Korius' approval first however..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #924 on: July 16, 2010, 12:46:58 PM »
Hajime giggled as Kiana and Drevo made their comments. "Re-channeling his Ki isn't easy, and plenty dangerous. Korius broke out of the restraining barrier twice when we tried to hasten the operation. Plus, he doesn't get to sleep tonight, unlike the rest of you. As the elite of the ninja clan, the medical staff and I can go days without sleep. However, it is still rude to sleep at the table." Hajime gave Korius a good slap in the back of the head to wake him up. Korius snorted and slowly got up. Hajime giggled even more, "You know, you've survived every assassination attempt known to be possible, but after only 1 day of re-channeling your Ki, and you can't even guard against a slap?" Korius growled at Hajime, "Silence yourself." He ate in silence, still a bit angered about the slap. After dinner, Korius left to go to the medical center, but Lo and Ferdande pulled him aside. "Korius. Ferdande and I have something we both need to discuss with you. I'll start first. Since the responsibility of Kitt was left to you by Vladimir, you're the only one who can approve of anything with the child. I don't want to, but if the child is to survive any longer on this quest, he'll need to learn the Ritual of the Rangers. However, it's still extremely dangerous, and i would rather you leave the child here to train longer." Korius shook his head, "No, teach it to him. We'll stay the extra day if need be. Vladimir would want the same if this were his choice right now. Just make sure the child knows the risks." Lo bowed and vanished into the tavern to stay with Kitt till he finished his meal. Ferdande then stepped up, "I've been training Drevo in the many different types of staffs, but he's still lacking in skills and dexterity. I want him to learn the Dragon's Breath, but I know that that technique is yours for training the Knights that you approved of, and for masters who use the staff and katana. I learned it from my master, and am the only one who has learned it in the village and I want Drevo to learn it. It'll help him sharpen his skills and overall ability. Plus, he's my childhood friend. I want to help him any way I can." Korius shot Ferdande a very serious look, "You realize what you're asking me, right?" Ferdande nodded, "Yes. And I... realize that it might kill him. But I still want him to learn it!" Korius shook his head, "No. He's too immature and lacks any kind of discipline. With one misstep, anyone can kill themselves learning it." Korius brushed past the upset Ferdande. Before he got more than 2 steps in, Ferdande grabbed him by the shoulder. Korius reacted and turned to that shoulder's side and threw a punch that Ferdande blocked with a shaking hand. With a determined look on his face, "Drevo must learn it. There's no other way." Korius' eyes both glowed brightly as he returned the glare, "Then you'll have to vouch for him." Korius kicked Ferdande hard in the stomach, sending him back 3 feet, and cracked his knuckles. Ferdande clenched his hands together and many copies of himself surrounded Korius.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #925 on: July 16, 2010, 03:28:30 PM »
Kiana wanted to snap at Drevo's comment about outlasting Korius but Hajime spoke before she could. "He has harder things to deal with than your freakin' training with a ninja! Of course you outlasted him when you don't have to go through extreme pain!" She thought in an angered tone, but her expression stayed blank as she ate her food. "Ugh...he's going to the hot spring...now I don't know if I even want to go..." She thought but couldn't resist it so when she was done eating, she headed out of the tavern and towards the hot spring, which was at the inn. There was no way she was going in naked though, so she changed into her spare undergarments in the changing room and wrapped a towel around herself, then went to the hot spring and sat on the edge. She let he lower legs hang in the water, letting herself get used to the temperature before removing the towel and slowly slipping into the water.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #926 on: July 16, 2010, 04:02:35 PM »
Talin held out his double volge as he began the incantation under Elistra's watch. His tail returned to it wolfen state as the change started from his legs, slowly rising up. However, as soon as the change reached the groin, he had to experience some pain as he had to have his entire physiology changed from wolf to dragon. It only got harder from there as the change penetrated past the skin and started affecting the muscle and bone. His change had shown progress as the locations of change began gave off a black and white flame to show how far his change had gone underneath his clothes. He could only reach as far as the solar plexus before the flames simply went out and the changes 'relaxed' back to their original state. "I can tell you're not used to the pain, so its slowing the change. Understand that what you have done so far is astounding considering you've been pulling not only from your energy, but from both of Chronin's energies. However, this does not excuse the pace and lack of practicality of the incantation. The 'Dragon Incantation' becomes combat-ready when you can change quickly while moving, and you still can't do it while in a solid stance; again."

She kept making him do it again and again until he ended up with only a pair of horns, and he fell to the ground, too exhausted to continue. Elistra lightly kicked him in the gut before huffing. "You're really having problems with this... I guess either a different approach or more food is needed." Talin didn't move beyond heavy breathing as Elistra carried him onto the bed, then they both went to sleep.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:06:37 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #927 on: July 16, 2010, 06:50:39 PM »
Lo sat opposite Kitt, watching him as he finished eating... She clicked her reptilian tongue anxiously, drumming her claws on the tabletop... Once Kitt had finished, she stood up... "Kitt.... I have somthing i need to ask you..."

She pulled him up of the seat, for it looked as though he where about to fall asleep, and looked him in the eyes... She sighed, a half-smile forming as she put a claed hand on one of his shoulders... "You look a lot like Vladimir did when he was younger.... Yes, I knew him. Knew him well too... There is somthing we could do, to help you in your training... Korius has said it is fine with him, but i am still concerned... What do you know of the Ranger Ritual?"

Kitt frowned, yawning... "All i know is you have to be eighteen to perform it... its dangerous and painful... And is how a trainee ranger can dedicate his life to the path of Ranger, forever... It binds you for life, and even when you die it does not release..." Lo grimaced, putting a hand on his other shoulder as well... "Yes you... You got the basics of it.... Except for one thing. You do not have to be eighteen to perform it, not strictly speaking anyway.... Some rangers performed the ritual as young as ten.... They where the founders of the clans, and well... I ask of you whether or not you could perform the ritual... tomorrow..."

Kitt looked back at her, wide eyed... He pulled out of her carefull grip and sighed.... "I would like to think it through... In the hot springs if that is okay... I feel i could do with a relax, and this is not somthing i want to rush with a simple yes or no..." With that he walked away from her, leaving Lo to watch as he walked towards the springs... She clicked her tongue agitatedly, sitting down on his vacated seat...

-----

Kitt pulled up his hood as he stepped out of the tavern. He skirted around the fight between Korius and Ferdande, not in the modd to explain himself, or get caught up in their arguement...

Reaching the hot springs, Kitt Stripped except to his breeches and belt, in which where the twin daggers... they would not rust in water, neither loose their sharp edge... And for some reason he felt safer with them there... Walking in he ignored everyone else who was already in there and lowered himself down into the hot water with a sigh.... It was a hard decision...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 09:46:59 AM by Kitt (Santa Claws) »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #928 on: July 17, 2010, 09:10:30 PM »
Korius scoffed at Ferdande's clones and charged straight in. The numerous clones swarmed Korius fast. There came a flash and it broke into shards. The many clones turned to smoke as they were all severed in half or more. Korius appeared in Ferdande's face, claws out with light trailing them. He closed his fingers and drove his claws through Ferdande's heart. Ferdande was surprised at Korius' movements and had barely created a doppelganger to evade the thrust. With some quick hand movements, a small circle glowed from underneath Korius and exploded, sending him into the air. Ferdande jumped up while spinning. When he was level with Korius, he kicked with all his might. Korius was sent flying in a straight line right through the top of the Inn. Korius landed hard into hot water, the impact splashing it all away, and growled as he caught his bearings and reached for anything to raise himself up. "Bloody ninja." He stood up and watched Ferdande dropped back down to the ground near the tavern. Korius was about to leave for a rematch when he noticed that he was still holding on to what he pulled himself up with and noticed that it was two pieces of torn cloth. He looked over and froze as he noticed a naked Kiana standing before him. Korius' jaw dropped and his face went a red far brighter than his eyes glowed, which were now fading as he fainted. He awoke minutes later, being dragged down the stairs to the medical center by Ferdande. Ferdande laughed as he noticed the wolf awaken, "The strongest of men to ever live without having become a Guardian. Falls prey to the sight of a woman's bare body. Let me teach Drevo the Dragon's Breath and I'll keep this situation a secret." Korius gave a low growl, "Fine, but only the basic form. It took me 4 years to perfect that technique, and if he tries to do it in full too soon, he'll kill himself and end up a bigger burden than he already is." Ferdande cheered in his head and looked forward to teaching the move to Drevo the next day. He quickened his pace in happiness and let go of Korius after placing him in the middle of the operation circle, and left back to his guard duties with Mo. Hajime and Vo circled around Korius, "Let us begin. We have some people that have been over-burdened these last few days prior to this party entering the village, so we'll stagger those who have been doing overtime so we don't lose pace. By the way, Korius, I hear that there is a particular new love in your life."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #929 on: July 17, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »
Kiana was fully relaxed in the hot spring with her eyes closed and her head rested back on the edge of the spring. Out of nowhere, something caused a loud crash above her and then water splashed in her face. She quickly stood up, wiping her eyes so no water would get into them when she opened them, and when she did she felt her clothes being torn and pulled off. Her eyes shot open to find Korius looking at her with a shocked look on his face and her face turned bright red. "Not again!" She groaned in embarrassment as she quickly grabbed her towel and wrapped it around her as she scurried out of the hot spring towards the changing room, but Korius had already fainted by the time she had covered herself anyway. She dried herself off in the changing room then changed back into her regular clothes and grabbed her staff. Heading to her room, she was still completely absorbed in her embarrassment. She shut the door behind her and leaned her staff against the nightstand, flopping onto the bed on her stomach.