The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128958 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #930 on: July 18, 2010, 07:49:09 PM »
Drevo heard the commotion in the hot spring, not really knowing what it was or caring to find out. He got out, dressed and headed back to the Inn. Too tired to even notice Korius and his predicament. He just went straight to his room. Once in his room Drevo dove into his bed and adjusted himself to go to sleep. "Wonder what he's going to teach me...Wonder if Korius even said yes. I doubt it, the scrooge. Oh well, I'm sure Ferdande whooped him into saying yes." Drevo relaxed and eventually fell asleep.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #931 on: July 18, 2010, 08:50:09 PM »
Kitt lay back in the springs, mulling it over... He looked down at his bare chest, running a paw over it... That was where they would.... would.... well, he didnt dare think about it... "If i do it... theres a chance of me dying... or being crippled... but if it was succesfull..."
he sighed, pulling himself out of the spring, and getting dressed...

Reaching the Inn, Kitt found Lo still sitting on his vacated seat, staring into the middle distance... She looked up as he walked in, a worried look on her reptilian face... "Kitt... I will not force you to do this, it is dangerous..." Kitt shook his head, sighing.. "No... I want to go through with it... For Korius, the others... And my father... i want to bare the title Ranger..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #932 on: July 19, 2010, 01:36:52 PM »
Korius began to protest when his head was snapped back down onto the ground by the restraining circle's activating. "Now it's time to commence. Back-up guards, stand by." The operation started without sound, but was quickly disturbed within seconds. Korius roared and howled in excruciating pain. Within minutes, his voice rang far past the medical center and throughout the village. Korius' eyes glowed bright, and he was going stark mad, fighting the restraining circle to kill everyone around. Hours later, in the middle of the night, the medical team had switched out and continued to work on Korius' Ki. Many ninjas had congregated outside of the operation room to see what the noise was. Hajime became irritated, but an idea struck her head, "Those of you who are awake enough, come in here and help with a full reinforcement of the restraining circle! We might have enough to double the re-channeling!" Able ninjas up for the challenge ran into the room and joined the others around. Seven additional seals appeared within the circle and glowed with high intensity along with the operation circle. Korius nearly jumped off the ground from the doubled re-channeling speed incurred even more intense pain onto him, but remained restrained as the high increase of the guards' numbers kept a strong hold on him. Later, by the wee hours of morning twilight, the operation ended and Korius was dragged out of the operation room. He was then laid onto a cot next to a sleeping White, who was slouched over a large, hefty and old book, back against the wall. Vo walked over and shook White awake, "Wake up. Now is the time to put your training to the test. Korius has broken his right arm in three place and his left arm in four." Korius gave a glare at Vo as if to say, "You have got to be *****ing me." Vo placed a reassuring hand on Korius' shoulder. "The child has been through a LOT of training in the last day you guys have been here. His Majicka count hasn't gone up too much, but he's been able to do more per procedure, and at the same time. Skill-wise, he's gotten much farther than Lady Kiana." Vo kicked White's foot, since shaking him didn't seem to work. The old ninja turned back towards Korius, "He's been working the hardest out of everyone, though I think it's just his child-like interest in medical magic."

Ferdande retired from his watch shift and groaned as he stretched. "Well, Mo, at least I didn't have the chance to fall asleep with all that screaming." Mo sighed, wishing Ferdande had fallen asleep during the night watch because he couldn't stop rambling about how he was going to teach Drevo the basic form of the technique and how excited he was.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #933 on: July 19, 2010, 02:45:34 PM »
Kiana groaned as the screaming from the medical center woke her out of a sound sleep. She grabbed the pillow out from underneath her face and pressed it against her ears and the back of her head. "You have got to be kidding me..." She groaned. "I need sleep!" After a few minutes, she had zoned out so much that she didn't even know if she was awake or asleep, or if the screaming was in a dream or still Korius' screaming. After a while in her zoned out state, she finally "woke up" and got out of bed. She adjusted her clothes on herself then grabbed her staff and left her room, closing the door behind her. It was still pretty early and she figured that training wouldn't start for another hour or two, but she wasn't sure. She headed over to the tavern and sat in a corner by herself, ordering a drink.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #934 on: July 20, 2010, 01:55:22 AM »
*White slowly opened his eyes for what felt like a long time since he had last opened them with an aware mind, realizing Vo was trying to awake him and speaking somewhat critically about his character he jumped up from the kick* "Hey I'm not a kid! And uhh that was quite some study yesterday..." *the wolf yawns and looks at his badly injured leader* "...I didn't even know there was such things as underground medical centers especially in any village for that matter...You really messed yourself up this time! Korius's arms need to be treated post-haste!" *The wolf heaved himself off of the book he leaned on and walked around the cot past Vo to examine Korius* "Alright I'll put my training to the test!" *He focuses rather quicker than average upon the left arm first, since it was in the worst condition and easiest for space* "Alright you gotta hold still as best as you can, this will hurt for a couple of minutes." *The wolf spread upon his white aura onto the injury and began the process of healing*

"Fortunately for me, Korius is tougher than most so he won't resist too much and then the patching up part of the process should be fairly painless for him, but to make it sound better I'll cross that bridge when we get there..."
*He occasionally eyed Vo next to him as she made him nervous, but made him think of other things* "I wonder what the others are up to right now? And for that matter, what time is it?" *Tactfully he removed his nervous quality with practice to not think of his surroundings and just think of the work and personal thoughts, less error was to be made as the wolf looked down at Korius in wonderment as he looked upon his face* "It really must be painful to be him some days, who knows what thoughts travel those eyes."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #935 on: July 20, 2010, 02:06:04 AM »
Talin woke up with a start as he heard the scream, and was about to say something before Elistra tugged both of his new horns down to the bed. "If you're going to do anything with that mouth at this unnatural hour, this should be your first..." She held his neck tightly enough to where the moment she released, he took in a heavy breath or two. He looked back at her in shock, which was subdued the moment their lips met and parted a moment later. "That, is the second thing you should do... now go back to sleep before I have to knock you out." Talin grinned rather dumbly as he went back to sleep with his arm around her waist.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #936 on: July 20, 2010, 11:15:33 AM »
Kitt rolled over in his bed, trying to ignore the screaming... He sighed, rubbing his eyes and standing up ungainly. It seemed tonight he wasnt going to get much sleep.... Pulling his cloak back on, he walked quietly downstairs. There he found Lo, sitting at one of the long trestle tables and reading a thick book... She looked up as he walked in, frowning...
"What are you doing up?... You need rest for the ritual..."

He sat down at the table, shrugging "Couldnt sleep... What you reading?" Lo stopped frowning, half-closing the book so he could see the cover... The heavy leather was imprinted with the symbol of a sun and moon, conjoined together, both imprinted with a crossbow... The sigil of the Rangers...

"I needed to read up on the Ritual... It is dangerous to me, as well as you.... so i need as much information as possible..." She opened the book up again, and carried on reading... Kitt sat beside her, attempting, and failing to follow the scrawled lines of text...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #937 on: July 20, 2010, 01:50:04 PM »
Korius could see the worried look in White's eyes and he could guess how the wolf must feel. "You get used to the pain over the years. Even though you can't toughen your internals, you learn to resist the pain. That's what makes a warrior. It was also my fault. I used my arms in battle prior to the operation, which made my arms weaker, making them break when I lost it in the operation room. It's something I hope you don't have to go through, but I think that it be best that you learn at least minor pain resistance aside from hits that get past your barrier. I know that you don't want to stay with us, but I'd like to know what you plan to do after our training here." Korius laid still and let White talk and heal him.

Later, at sunrise, Hajime came back down to the medical center to pick Korius up and helped him up the stairs and to the tavern. Both Hajime and Korius were surprised to see Kiana there drinking. "Isn't it a little early in the day to be spooging, Lady Kiana? Very unbecoming of a noble's daughter." She giggled as she lowered Korius on the seat next to Kiana. Hajime winked at Kiana before he/she walked off towards the kitchen, "I'll give you two lovebirds something special this morning." Korius was too far zoned out to even notice anything around him, still too drained from the operation from the night before and from his conversation time with White.

Ferdande dropped from the rafters over Drevo's bed and landed just beside it. "Wake up. Alexia's bringing you breakfast again. Meet me down in the training area this time. What I'm going to teach you today will require adequate surroundings and away from outside eyes."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #938 on: July 20, 2010, 07:49:20 PM »
"It's becoming of a woman who never wanted to be a noble..." She mumbled and drank the last of her drink. She had only had one bottle anyway and it wasn't like it would affect her in her training, that she knew of anyway. She shifted uncomfortably when Hajime set Korius on the seat next to her as the memory of the incident in the hot spring the night before. "And we're not lovebirds!" She said in a sort of agitated and defensive tone.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #939 on: July 21, 2010, 01:13:44 AM »
"Actually I had only said that because I didn't see if any potential gain was coming and a combination of fear from jumping into a mess that I could not turn away from unless it is completed because surely someone will try to kill me just for being associated with your group. So it wouldn't make much sense to leave now since there is impending doom, I'll have better chances with a group of fighters. So after the training, I would like to see the mission through." *He finished up the arms in a few minutes later and walked away from Korius quietly not expecting a reply and not as tired as he would have been prior to the training, thinking about his thoughts again*

"It is the right thing to do whether I want to do it or not. I should have known this journey wasn't about the money, nobody can do a job just for money in the long-term. I made a presumption too quickly about the lifespan of the group and yet they are still alive, so I should not leave." *White then laid against a pillar in the underground area for awhile until sleep found him, up through morning*
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 07:18:26 PM by White Wolf Guardian »
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #940 on: July 21, 2010, 01:41:41 AM »
Talin woke up rather instantly and could easily see that he was still in bed with Elistra, not really changing position during their sleep. However, he was shaken from his rather blissful rise from sleep as he felt a bulge where Elistra's gut would be. He immedeatly threw back the covers and his jaw hung loose as he saw the bulge showing on her belly. He immedeatly shook her awake, and got a swat in the face before she looked down in shock as well. "What...happened?" "I should ask you the same, I thought we were incompatible!!" "So you took advantage of me in my sleep?!" "I don't even remember what happened after the kiss you gave me, besides, we did it before and you didn't end up like this!!"  "I was in my feral form, only a pure-blood dragon can cause this while I'm in that state, this form is too compatible for such careless coupling!" the room was filled with draconic tongue and assorted roars for the next hour, then they both went downstairs, doing rather well at acting like everything is fine.

Talin however, was going to be more protective during the training due to the idea that his mate and child could be in danger if Mo goes too far...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #941 on: July 21, 2010, 02:28:40 AM »
When Drevo woke up he looked at Ferdande. "Alright, your going to teach me after all." No sooner did Ferdande leave Alexia entered. "Morning, Drevo. Working hard?" Drevo yawned and stretched. "Yep. Ferdande told me you were going to stop by again. Thanks." "He told you?! It was supposed to be a surprise!" "I- uhm...It's the thought that counts?" Alexia fumed as she walked over to the side of Drevo's bed and set his food down. "I'm gonna kill him!" Drevo got out of bed as Alexia headed to the door, he grabbed her from behind. "Hey hey hey, we don't need any of that. I'm sure he's sorry. Besides, why don't you stay with me for awhile? It's been awhile." Alexia blushed as he grabbed her from behind, he did calm her down. She turned to him and replied "Alright." with a smile. Drevo walked back over to his bed, sat down and started eating. The two talked for a good hour before they both left the Inn. They went their separate ways, Drevo went to the underground facility and met up with Ferdande. "What took you?" "Me and Alexia just got caught up in talking. So what's this big technique your going to teach me?"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #942 on: July 21, 2010, 10:01:28 AM »
Lo still sat at one of the long tables, and looked up when Talin and Elistra walked in... She immediately looked back down to the thick book and continued to read. Kitt sat beside her, snoring with his head on the table, and covered by his hood... Lo gave a half-smile, standing up... "C'mon Kitt... wake up kid..." Kitt gave a particularly loud snore, and rolled over slightly away from her... Lo rolled her eyes, and grabbed him by the scruff of the neck.. "Wake up!"

Ten minutes later and Kitt was at least awake, and eating a hearty breakfast... Lo had urged him to eat as much as he could, for the ritual would be a gruelling challenge, not made any easier by an empty stomach... "I would go tell Korius that you are read..." Lo looked over to where Korius sat, completely zoned out... "But i have a feeling he wouldnt quite understand at the moment... I'l give him time to wake up... and then... and then we can get underway with the ritual..."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #943 on: July 21, 2010, 12:45:45 PM »
Hajime came back from the kitchen with the other workers, holding lots of food. He/she carried the food over towards Kiana and whispered into her ear. "This is how you get a man's attention without getting naked.~" Hajime winked and set the food right under Korius' muzzle. The aroma of gourmet breakfast food snapped Korius out of his daze, "Huh? Food already? That was quick." He began to dine on the food and called for ale as if everything was normal. Hajime patted Kiana on the back, "And don't be so modest, dear. In this village, we have no boundaries for love. *Louder* Speaking of which here come the new proud parents of a baby wolf-dragon!" Korius spit all his food back out that he didn't already start choking on, "WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Ferdande led Drevo towards the training grounds entrance in the tavern and walked in just behind Talin and Elistra. Ferdande was not surprised by Hajime's announcement of Talin and Elistra's expected. He leaned forward and patted the two on the shoulder. "Congratulations, you two. Good to see more people who don't choose to hide their love. This is spectacular, indeed. However, if you'll excuse me, I have someone to train. Enjoy your meal. I'm sure Hajime already prepared a particularly big banquet for you both. Mo gave us the news yesterday, but he said to wait until you two realized before we said anything." Ferdande went around the couple and opened the trap door behind the bar, leading Drevo downstairs to the training area. As they approached the bottom of the stairs, they just turned right to the nearest corner. Ferdande grabbed a bowstaff from the weapons rack along the wall and walked back into the more open area. With a clamping of his hands, about 100 clones appeared. "I'm about to show you the true form of this technique. You only get to see it once. I'm only going to be teaching you the basic form, and that will be it. If we tried any further, you'll kill yourself. Master the basic form, and Korius will teach you the rest. I wanted to teach you this technique because of the weapon you already carry with you. *Reveals the blade within the staff and closes it back up* This technique was developed by Korius to teach to the Voronese Knights when they were still allies, as a gift and symbol of their brotherhood. This is also Elistro's ultimate attack. I'll show you why." Ferdande cradled the staff in his left arm and pointed it forward while bending his left knee and stretching out his right foot back, folding his right arm so that his wrist was touching his shoulder, elbow out. The 100 clones all attacked at once, varying attacks from a wide variety of weapons to chakra attacks. Ferdande's body moved in a flash and seemed to split into 20 shadow-like bodies and moved faster than the eye could see. To anyone, it looked like just 20 shadows flying out of him. There were several clusters of light appearing at random places. In 3 seconds, he was back to his original spot and position, weapons were diced up into pieces, and all the clones were gone. The imprints in the dry dirt on the ground around him formed a large yingyang. Ferdande then collapsed to his knees, using the staff to hold himself up. He breathed heavily, "And that... hah... is what... hah... happens... hah... when you don't keep up practicing it."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #944 on: July 21, 2010, 11:58:30 PM »
Kiana rolled her eyes at Hajime's comment but then chuckled at how easily the food brought Korius out of his daze. She just kept her mouth shut when Hajime patted her on the back and mentioned that they had no boundaries for love. "And apparently no boundary that keeps their noses out of things and stops them from bugging people about something they know nothing about! I don't love him..." She thought, glancing at Korius at the end of it. The thought passed through her head rather quickly as she happened to catch the end of Hajime's announcement. Her mouth opened then, but just for her jaw to drop as she looked over at Talin and Elistra. She quickly closed her mouth and looked down at her food, starting to eat and wanting to get at least her attention off of the couple since she was sure they didn't want any attention at all.