The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 126839 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2010, 03:08:15 AM »
Valius chuckled and walked up to the front of the group with Korius, who just walked towards their destination, regardless of what they did. Valius sighed and looked back, checking up on everyone and making sure they were all coming. He couldn't help but chuckle to himself as Drevo kept acting all paranoid and complaining to himself about the carriage. He then turned his attention to the rangers and then to Kiana. Korius spoke softly so that only Valius could hear, "We might need to destroy the Dark Staff. It might be the source what's allowing Chronin to not be suppressed by Koara's sigil. And we won't be able to use the remaining sigils either. They're all tainted." Valius nodded, and kept a watchful eye on Talin.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2010, 04:59:13 AM »
Drevo walked slowly behind the rest of them, his bowstaff rested behind his neck and his arms hung over the bowstaff keeping it in place.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2010, 04:01:49 PM »
Kitt and his father walked side by side, sticking nearest to Kiana without realising... hoods up they looked creepily similar, with only the greying of his fur at the muzzle showing Kitts father as older. One paw resting on the hilt of his shortsword, green eyes watching constantly he followed the group. Quite the opposite Kitt watched Kiana, Valius, passing villagers, the cloud scudding across the sky, his bright amber eyes curious and excited.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2010, 11:46:24 PM »
Talin has been trying to block out the voice, but it just keeps forcing its way in through cracks of his already rattled mind. Wh- i- sh- -ies wh- -en? "shut up!!" Talin yelled, startling Elistra, and anyone who happened to walk by. Talin then lowered his ears and kept on walking, trying to avoid eye contact. Elistra stopped some of the outbursts by jabbing his gut with her elbow, but it didn't stop Chronin from giving Talin one heck of a headache.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:28:16 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2010, 02:23:47 AM »
Kiana was glad that her response to Valius' teasing gave him enough of a chuckle to get him to walk away. She glanced over at Talin when he shouted but then looked ahead again. She was starting to get used to Talin's random outbursts and actions. She glanced back at Drevo, a glaring look developing on her face before she looked forward again. She still wasn't happy about having been stared at and not getting an answer as to why.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2010, 02:48:36 AM »
Korius led the group far, down winding roads and small villages along the way. They never stayed in a village or town. They traveled a good 3 days, not really speaking much to each other, except when Talin would have his little outbursts. Finally, they made it to their first destination. Septim's castle was in view, about 1 KM away from the edge of the little woods. Korius sat the others beside him out of sight and drew into the dirt as they watched him. "Ok, I've been studying the castle for a number of months, now. They completely cleared the area around the castle so no one can sneak in. There are always 50 or more guards at a time. When inside, the audience chamber will be straight ahead, his own sleeping chambers to the right. It won't be easy. There are over 200 soldiers that live in the castle with him. There's no telling exactly how many there will be to meet us. Valius and I will be leading the attack. I want the rangers to bring up the rear, along with Kiana, her magic will make a good backup. Drevo, you're taking the right flank, and Talin will take the left with Elistra. Keep it relatively tight and beware of his personal guard. They will be dressed in golden armour, different from the others. From what I've gathered, they are all blade-masters. Protect Kiana, she will have the greatest disadvantage against them."

Valius drew Valia and kissed it before looking Korius in the eyes. "Very well, let's do it."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2010, 05:26:47 AM »
Drevo nodded before looking at Kiana for a moment, then at Kitt and his father. He then looked in the direction of the castle.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2010, 11:06:53 AM »
The two rangers watched Korius from under drawn hoods, neither enjoyed traveling with the group, rangers clans worked best alone, with rangers... but, nothing was perfect... KItts father nodded, looking from Korius and the others to the castle...
"so... all we have to do... is storm an impenatrable castle, with.... seven, no, eight people?"
He laughed quietly under his breath...
"i knew you was crazy from the moment i met ya's.... but it seems i have no choice..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2010, 05:50:15 PM »
Talin started to grin as he felt adrenaline rush through his body at the prospect of fighting again. Maybe it came from his family heritage of always being on the frontlines, or maybe hes losing it. Either way, he feels as though his bloodlust is no longer sated with just one or two dead...

The material holding the two volge blades together is now giving off a purple glow, reacting to Talin's eagerness. Elistra noticed it was happening again, a red glimmer appearing in Talin's eyes as he looked at Valius. "Just tell me when we're going to attack..."

Chronin is off in the distance, watching the battle that will soon unfold, his focus on Talin. Hm... the gem seems to have a stronger presence in him than his father. a small voice made itself known in the Dark One's mind, a small light in the void. Why, Talin already has it, why must you corrupt him?! Silence High Mage, the Mages guild paid for their simple-minded lack of precautions, and I will not be satisfied with dying alone!!
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2010, 08:46:49 PM »
Kiana scoffed in her mind at the term "backup" and the idea of having to be protected, but otherwise thought the plan sounded good. She nodded to show that she had heard the plan and agreed with it. She smiled a little when she saw Valius kiss Valia. She touched the emerald that was hanging from her neck and then looked at her staff. "I can and will control it. I won't let it kill me." She thought to herself. A determined look washed over her face.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2010, 09:09:58 PM »
They walked towards the castle in their planned formation. It wasn't long before the shouts of soldiers could be heard, having spotted them before they were half-way there. Valius readied Valia and Korius drew the twin sai. "Let's go." Valius and Korius ran at full speed towards the castle. Valius took the lead, wound up, and swung Valia hard, taking down the incoming arrows, the harmless ones just whistling by the group. After the swing, Korius jumped onto Valius's back and jumped off, and began deflecting the second wave with the twin sai and precision kicks. They continued running, now too close for archers to shoot.

A crowd of solkiers came to meet them, and Valius wound up again, this time swinging horizontally. Six soldiers found themselves half the men they were, while Korius ducked under and past the swing, drawing the katana and cutting a small path just enough for the group to advance.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2010, 12:45:13 AM »
Drevo still walked towards the group as they charged into battle with his bowstaff still rested behind his neck.  A few guards managed to slip passed the others and cut him off from the group. "Hey, if you guys run away now I won't hurt you, deal?" asked Drevo non-chalantly. One of the three that were there thrust a spear at him. He dodged by only moving his waist out of the way. He released his left hand from his bowstaff and it whipped around from the right and cracked the gaurd in the head; knocking his helmet off and sending him to the ground. His bowstaff was infront  when a second one came at him. Drevo grabbed his bowstaff with his left hand and as the man got close Drevo spun and hit the man in the back of his head with the right side of his bowstaff. He then quickly spun the rest of the way around and jabbed the last one in the chest several times in the blink of an eye. "I warned you guys," he said tilting his head back a bit holding onto his hat watching the guards writing in pain.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 09:51:44 PM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2010, 09:01:22 AM »
Kitt and his father loaded up stacks of regular bolts, pulling back on the loading mechanism they picked their targets calmly...
"Fire!"
Streaks of silover steel flashed across the distance from the rangers to the soldiers, mean fell as they where caught in the throat, the chest, the head. The bolts tore through the soldiers light chainmail like paper, only stopping when they finally met bone or a raised shield. The two rangers proceeded to fire on any soldier that tried to make it past, including one plucky soldier who had tried to get behind Valius to strike from behind; the soldier keeled over with a scream, a thick set bolt protuding from his back...

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2010, 07:48:58 PM »
Kiana stuck her staff in the ground then made a motion with her hands, raising them up in front of her to her height. This caused a layer of rock to move up from the ground and cover her body. She grabbed the staff from the ground and stayed in the formation with the others. She raised a wall of earth and slid it along, pushing aside a group of the soldiers before letting the wall drop on them and crush them. She then waited for another point in the fight where she'd be needed, not wanting to use up all her majicka that quickly.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2010, 08:58:46 PM »
Valius  and Korius continued to cut a path for the group, entrusting their backs and sides to the party. While Valius wound up again, Korius jumped forward and landed his feet on two soldiers, kicking them against the door. He did a black flip and landed in a split, keeping his upper body low and just off the floor, and Valius swung Valia hard, decapitating those two soldiers and cutting down the door. With that, Valius ran forward, jumping over Korius into the castle, Korius getting up and following quickly. They stopped not even half-way through the corridor, the remaining soldiers outside stopping, and all the soldiers inside the castle holding fast. There, standing at the door to the Audience Chamber, were three men in golden armour, all of them holding a wide variety of bladed weapons in each hand and all over their armours. Breathing heavily, Korius assessed them and the rest of the room. "Kiana, take the rangers and take down the rest of those soldiers. Valius, you take the dragon on the left, even blade-masters have preferences and his are buster-class weapons. Talin, Elistra, you two take the four-armed horse on the right, he tends to favor medium-ranged blades, beware of his katana-wakizashi chain. I'll take their captain in the middle, we have a little history together. Now, go!"

The captain stayed as his men charged, same as Korius. Valius started with a swing of Valia, meeting the soldier's golden buster tanto blade.