The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128959 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #420 on: March 23, 2010, 10:22:37 PM »
After the dirty business of killing the bounty hunters had been done, Felodran sat up against a tree and tried to sleep, however the stench of the other dead hunters kept him awake. Eventually, he finally got used to the smell, and was about to doze off.

Unfortunately for him, Kiana noticed a carriage in earshot, and his eyes bolted open, exhaustion settling over him. Painfully, he used his broadsword to pick himself up, and to remain steady, and he hobbled over to a nearby bush, and peeked his face close enough to see through the gaps of the leaves, but not so much to be visible.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #421 on: March 23, 2010, 11:28:15 PM »
Entaru, still rubbing his aching eyes, clambored into the bushes.  Whether they were to fight or flee was up to Korius, but hiding always proved useful in either scenario.  Sometimes being a coward had its up sides.  You always know where the enemy is going to look, so you find somewhere they wont.  For ambushes or for escape, hiding is always good.   Entaru reached into his cloak and pulled out one of the glass orbs again.  As he tried to put magicka in it he realized that he still had none.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me..."  Another downside to his disease.  His magicka regeneration had become tempermental with the progression of the illness.  That's why he tried to find ways to minimize magicka costs, like using the MagnifryerTM.  It cost practically no magicka but did serious damage.  Unfortunately he had used all of his magicka yesterday on his Pain TreeTMspell, fighting the hunters. 

He would be useless if Korius decided to fight.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #422 on: March 24, 2010, 02:41:04 AM »
As Ferdande drove along he looked about the treeline suspiciously. A pair of legs protruding from a bush put him on edge. "Alexia, stay on your guard, I don't have a good feeling about this area..." he said halfway looking back. Alexia was nodding off when she heard Ferdande; she covered Drevo up to his head with his blanket which was drooping over the side of him. She then grabbed a bottle of water, keeping it close as it would be her only means to fight. Ferdande kept driving remaining alert, constantly scanning the treeline for anything he deemed an incoming threat.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #423 on: March 24, 2010, 11:32:43 AM »
Korius listened intently, "Make it for the thicket and duck out of sight, this is not the time we want a skirmish. For all we know, they might just be merchants, but I'm not taking that chance. We need to make it to the Castle on time." Korius went back into the little thicket and hit behind the trees and bushes. He signaled the others to follow. This better not be a patrol. If we were to be in another skirmish now... there's no way I can control IT.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #424 on: March 24, 2010, 03:15:19 PM »
Kiana nodded and moved into the thicket. She sat down on the ground and waited until they would be able to move on. "Guess I should have kept my mouth shut. I hate waiting." She thought to herself. Using the bottom of her staff, she drew designs in the dirt to occupy herself while they waited for the carriage to move out of the area.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #425 on: March 24, 2010, 04:21:13 PM »
*White stopped talking seeing that Korius and Kiana did not want to give away their location* "Alrighty then, don't want to be the guy to give us up. The talking ends and the thinking begins... hmm I wonder how much longer till I can decipher this scroll completely?" *He seemed quizzical of himself and began watching Kiana draw on the ground, he bid his time in fascination wondering what the designs meant or pondered perhaps they were simple doodles*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #426 on: March 24, 2010, 05:08:25 PM »
Both Szardas followed Korius into the thicket, Kitt kept his repeater crossbow loaded, and his father kept both blades drawn as they waited... Kitt sat down opposite Kiana, he lay his crossbow across his lap and watched her draw in the earth curiously. His father watched his son with mild amusement, smiling to himself...
"Dad... what do...?"
Kitt looked up to Vladamir and started to ask a question, before his father put one finger to his lips, hushing him... Kitt looked down, embarassed at having forgoteen to keep quiet already. His father shook his head in bemusement, looking back up with both blades drawn and ready...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #427 on: March 24, 2010, 07:54:53 PM »
Felodran slunk back from the bushes, and into the thicket. Glancing around, he inspected the corpses of the previous hunters.
"If these guys are Kin, then we're fine.. but if they are human... they could smell the bodies..." He thought to himself. Then it hit him.

The man he let live could've came back with help. Felodran facepalmed and just sat against a tree. His merciful decision could create an unnecessary battle for the party. Felodran used the down time of waiting, and propped himself against a tree.
"Good night....." He said before dozing off, being awake all night had drained him fully, and now was sleepy time.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:31:39 AM by Gabag »

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #428 on: March 25, 2010, 12:54:09 AM »
Ferdande heard a small amount of rustling in the surrounding bushes, he quickly zipped his mask closed and put his hands togather. Even though he could not see, he was now able to sense energy signatures. He began to look around, he noticed a few figures in the treeline. Two of them stood out the most, one was glowing a dark green color while the other a bright white. There was three more figures, but they were barely glowing at all, though one was still brighter than the other three. Ferdande kept an eye on them as the carriage kept following the road. When he looked infront of him he noticed several dim glowing figures in the distance. He unzipped his mask and his vision returned to normal, noticing a group of people standing in the road ahead. "Alexia, get ready, we might have a fight on our hands, I think we're about to be ambushed so you need to protect Drevo if anyone gets passed me." said Ferdande loudly to let Alexia know. "No ones going to get him while I'm here!" said Alexia from inside. They continued to ride along and reached the the group of people on the road.

Ferdande stopped and the group of people surrounded the carriage. "You there, give us your belongings or we'll kill ya!" shouted one of them pointing a knife at Ferdande. Ferdande looked around, ignoring the man's demand. He counted twelve in total, four crossbowmen, two spear users and the rest either had shields and short swords or knives. Ferdande was clearly outnumbered and knew more powerful enemies were hiding nearby waiting for the perfect time to strike. "You deaf or just have a death wish?" said the man again waving the knife impatiently. Ferdande jumped out of his seat and ontop of the carriage. All the men around him were startled at his sudden movement. The crossbowmen aimed their weapons at him. He quickly extended his arms and shot two bolts into the chests of two of the crossbowmen killing them. As he did that they remaining ones opened fire on him. He leaped into the air doing a corkscrew and drawing his bow. He shot a few arrows which found two targets, a man with a sword and shield and another with a knife as he landed on the shoulders of the man that pointed the knife at him. He jabbed the bladed edge of his bow into the man's chest before jumping off of him. The fight had now begun...

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #429 on: March 25, 2010, 01:13:33 AM »
Korius came out as the carriage left past them, down the road. He felt it, a person who uses chakra was on that carriage, but they left without a hitch, so he felt safe. "Alright, you lot, let us get moving. Lucky for us, that carriage is staying on the main road, heading north to town. Let's continue west towards the Castle. If you wish, we can stop by a village on the way. There is a small settlement of once-refugees about a day from here. If we hustle, we can make it by morning tomorrow, now move." Korius didn't want to mention the potential danger that had just passed by them. Ninjas are dangerous. He knows, because he served under one. Koara had proved that, even in early or old age, ninjas were not to be trifled with. They were rare, but strong, like Ki martial artists and Mages. All rare, but powerful. Ki-martial artists can only sense Chakra users, and magic-users can only sense each other. But Chakra users can sense either party. Thankfully, there are only a handful left in all of Gaia.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #430 on: March 25, 2010, 01:26:14 AM »
Kiana stood and ran her right foot through the dirt, wiping out her designs. She moved out of the thicket to stand next to Korius. Glancing down the road, she saw that the carriage was now out of sight. "'Thank you for possibly saving our hides, Kiana.' Oh, no problem. It's the least I could do." She said dramatically, her voice dripping with sarcasm as she played out actually getting thanked. "Well, everybody, someone's being awfully pushy so we best not test his patience." She commented as she started to move West like they were supposed to.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #431 on: March 25, 2010, 01:54:01 AM »
*White didn't really think much of the current issue between Korius and Kiana as he was very focused on his private objective of discerning the possible deciphers of the scroll* "Just a bit more time, every minute I get into this parchment, the closer I am to helping my party. I cannot fail Korius as if I did I would not prove any use on this journey and thus not receive any sort of benefit from this venture, maybe even the only loss being my own death." *He stopped standing there like a zombie and kept moving, following behind Korius and Kiana, he took one last look behind him just to make sure the coast was clear and continued onward*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #432 on: March 25, 2010, 02:24:30 AM »
Felodran kicked his leg a little yawning.
Apparently he was having a bad dream.

"No dad leave me alone! MOTHER NEVER STOLE THE GUILDERS DAD!!! He yelled before falling from his sitting position a little.
"What're you doing?... the Constable!?!? I WON'T LET YOU!!!"
In his dream he was yelling at his step-father, who was taking his mother on suspicion for stealing his drinking money on things a typical family needs to survive, none of which included booze. He wasn't really even a step-father.. just an old friend of his mother's now turned crazy drunk
Dream Felodran was just eight years old back then, and his hair was a lot shorter. While his step-father just laughed in his face, his breath reeked of mead.
"What're you gonna do about it Sonny!!! Your just a kid... and I'm a grown man.... ahahhaha!" He laughed, almost losing his balance. Felodran red raged, grabbed the sword off his step-father's belt and stabbed him with it.
As the man started gurgling and falling to the ground, Felodran fell to his knees, tears streaming from his eyes.

Back in the real world, Felodran was crying, the screams of his terrified mother as she tried to speak to her dying friend. The guilt, the pain he caused her, to protect her? That one question kept nagging Felodran throughout his years, and it still does occasionally.

His nightmare interrupted his brief sleep, and he rubbed the tears and exhaustion from his eyes. Standing up and yawning, he headed off to where he assumed the group was... he couldn't be more wrong. All he saw was a carriage surrounded by bandits.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 02:32:20 AM by Gabag »

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #433 on: March 25, 2010, 02:58:46 AM »
Entaru kept in step with the others.  He had no intention of being left behind.  He walked up besides White and looked at the scroll over his shoulder.  It was completely blank to him but that didn't mean the kid couldn't read it eventually.  "You know kid, maybe you're reading it upside-down.  I remember spending nearly a year on a single scroll, only to find that I had been holding it wrong the whole time."  He laughed to himself and looked ahead of them.  "Whoop!  Pothole!"  He jumped over a large hole in the ground and realized that White was heading straight for it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 03:38:18 AM by Entaru »

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #434 on: March 25, 2010, 03:55:28 AM »
Ferdande landed on the ground and strung up two more arrows and shot them into the chest of a charging man. The man dropped revealing a bolt soaring right at him. Ferdande was caught right in the chest by the bolt. Ferdande's body exploded into a cloud of smoke; surprising everyone around him. "Where'd he go?!" shouted the one who shot him. Suddenly Ferdande darted out of a bush and slit the crossbowman's throat as he darted by. He was heading for the next crossbowman when the two spearmen came from around the carriage and cut him off. Ferdande quickly leaped over them into a corkscrew as he let loose his cable which lassoed the spears as he landed behind them. He yanked on the cable and the spears came with them. He grabbed the two spears, one in each hand as he ran at the crossbowman who was aiming at him. The man shot and Ferdande used one of the spears in combination with running up the carriage to vault through the air dodging the bolt. Ferdande spun with one spear left and chucked it at the crossbowman; it nailed him in the chest as Ferdande landed on the ground wrapping up his cable. He finished and stood straight up with his hands togather infront of his face and his eyes closed. As the remaining seven men surrounded him, one crossbowman left aiming right for Ferdande one shouted. "Look, he's praying!" The men began to laugh wildly.

Ferdande's eyes opened quickly, his eyes glowing a fiery blue and hands glowing blue as he reached for his cable. The men charged him as he whipped his cable out; the cable began to glow a bright blue as he whirrled it around in the air at high speeds. He spun a short amount of it around, it cut off one of the men's arms; before he could even scream he was decapitated. Ferdande then extended the length of it and whirrled it around low to the ground severing both legs of two men. He then jumped into the air spinning; the cable twirling around as he neared the last crossbowman. The cable cut him diagonally across his torso; seconds later the man split in two and fell to the ground. Ferdande regained his footing and looked over at the remaining three men; still spinning his cable over his head. The men quickly ran away; towards Feldoran as he approached. Ferdande walked towards Feldoran, decapitating the legless men as he did. He then positioned himself between Feldoran and the carriage, spinning his cable as he glared at him with his fiery blue eyes. "For an ambush, I'd say you were a bit late, and I sensed more of you, you should tell them to come out so I can kill you all and be on my way."