The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame (Finished)  (Read 35830 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Everflame
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2010, 07:56:25 PM »
"shut the hell up" Kate shouted at the buggy in general before jumping in with Kitt and six other soldiers, eight others jumped into the second buggy... four men where staying behind, this meant they would have both back-up, and more room when in the buggies....

"right... pressurise your suits, we each have two hours of oxygen so if we need to jump out just put visors down and activate your air supply....."
With that she slid down her own visor, took hold of the wheel and punched the accelerator... the buggies wheels span with a squeel as it shot out of the tower into the thin atmoshpere, the second buggy close behind...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2010, 08:11:54 PM »
Crow looked back and opened his mouth to yell, but instead came a muffled moan, scraping out from his throat. He coughed again before continuing his climb, higher and higher up the tower.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2010, 08:27:42 PM »
The buggys bounced and jostled over the rugged terrain of the planet, a thick layer of ash-like debris lay thick across the ground and it whipped up like a dark grey snowfall about eh buggys...

"Right, we get to the base of the tower and then unload... try too talk him into coming down, if that dont work...."
The other soldiers looked at the back of her helmet as she spun the wheel, dodging a deep crevasse, hanging on her every word...
"if that dont work.... shoot to stun... Kitt... relay that to the guys in the other buggy..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2010, 08:40:28 PM »
Howl sighed then looked at Tabby. "Hey, if Korius wants you on my back, then it's for the best. Personally, I don't want you on my back, but if he says so, then he obviously knows what he is doing." He reloaded his gun then scanned across the area, trying to see if anyone was taking aim at everyone in the group.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2010, 09:59:08 PM »
Korius took out the hookup from his PDA and connected it to his shades and ran the scanner, but limited to his left eye so he could move around without those flashing lights being to much.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2010, 10:41:49 PM »
"I idolise Korius," said Tabby, as she headed the way into the cave, "But he ain't my dad, y'know."
The rumble of battle echoed through the cave, mixing with the sounds emanating from the walls.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2010, 10:06:29 PM »
The two buggys rolled to a stop at the base of the main tower, the doors swung open and the soldiers jumped out, the thumps of power armour muffled in the thin atmosphere. Soldiers looked from one to the other, breaths loud in their enclosed helmets... Kate stepped out after them, turning to see Kitt raising a carbine to his shoulder...

~KZZCH~ "hold your fire marines! ~KZZCH~

Kitt turned to look at her, before nodding, carbine falling back to a relaxed position. Though his grip still remained tight on the weapons grip as he watched the still climbing Colonell. Kate depressed a small comms button on her helmet, switching on her helmet amplifiers....

"CROW! listen to me Crow! stop what you are doing and get down here now or we open fire to stun!"

She watched to see what his reaction would be, the fifteen other marines where all lining up into fire positions, carbine flicking through from inciendary rounds, to shock core rounds that administer a usually incapacitating blast of air used for crowd suppression. A few of the more gung-ho marines had pulled out dual pistols or other bizzare or unusual combinations of weapons... Kitt walked up beside Kate, also watching Crow...

~KZZCH~"suppose he dont respond?"~KZZCH~

Kate turned to face him, pistons and power armour clanking and hissing...
~KZZCH~"then we shoot..."~KZZCH~

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2010, 03:02:01 AM »
He thought for a moment, then nodded. "I understand that. Do what you want, Tabby, I'm not going to stop you. I only wish to do what's best for everyone here and follow my orders." Then he turned to Asia, "Hey, I know this isn't the perfect time, but how do you think that your plan to use the ever-flame will work? I'm not doubting you, it just seems like an interesting scenario, considering that if it doesn't work then we made the completely wrong decision."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2010, 03:28:38 AM »
Korius put a hand on Howl's shoulder. "Well, then we'll be putting this on faith, now. Won't we? Worst case scenario, he's wrong, I kill you all, and I bring the Everflame back to the Sphere." He pulled out his gun and held onto it with his left and readied himself and looked over to Asia. "We follow your command, now."

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2010, 12:35:03 PM »
Halfway up the tower on Serra Draconis, Crow continued to climb. He heard the voices calling to him, and turned to look down. His arms and legs continued to climb as he tried his best to speak. Instead of words came vomit, spewing out of him as he moved higher and higher.

Asia looked to Howl, then to Korius, and gave a slight nod.
"Thanks for the vote of confidence. If it doesn't work, then do what you want, it wouldn't matter anymore." His face grew cold, before he shook his head, clearing it. Around them, the rumbling grew louder, closer. "But for right now, we need the info Leon ha-" His voice was drowned in a massive crash as Seeker, riding her Gathen, burst through the wall, filling the cave with light as they smashed into Tabby, slamming her against the stone wall. The young vixen yelped in pain before she pulled out a pistol, furiously blasting away at the Gathen's tiger-esque head.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: January 31, 2010, 02:09:26 PM »
Howls eyes widened and he raised his rifle. "Seeker?! What in the hell are you doing here?!"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2010, 02:23:23 PM »
Korius tackled seeker off the Gathen and held his sword to Seeker's throat, stopping just short when he heard Howl. "Do you know this one?"

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2010, 02:27:08 PM »
"Yes! Now get off of her! If I have to choose who I'm going to kill, it's certainly not going to be the one with a giant tiger for a pet!"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: January 31, 2010, 02:35:39 PM »
Korius slowly let seeker go and pointed to the giant, bleeding gathen as he stood up. "You mean that thing that Tabby just put about 40 holes in its face?"

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2010, 02:40:49 PM »
Howl nodded. "Yes, and I met the Seeker on my way to the tram station where I met Salvus." He then turned to the Seeker. "What is it that you want? Because I don't it as a very good entrance to just pounce on one of our allies."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.