The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame (Finished)  (Read 35829 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Everflame
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2010, 02:50:55 PM »
Seeker climbed to her feet, and ran to the Gathen, pulling it away from Tabby to check its wounds. The girl falls to the ground, covered in blood. The woman turns to Howl.
"You are my ally, but these people are not. They will steal from the dead, I cannot allow this!"
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #151 on: January 31, 2010, 02:56:11 PM »
He ran to Tabby, kneeling next to her with worry on his face. "Wait! What do you mean, steal from the dead? Are you saying if we take the codes from Leon, then....."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2010, 03:00:41 PM »
Korius stood over her and placed his blade at her neck, M500 pointed at her head. "Woman, watch who you talk about. You know bloody well who I am, and my reputation. Being one of such upbringing, I would have expected better of you. I know about you. If anyone be making accusations, it would be the ones who were attacked first in this little bump-in. So don't get cheeky. I don't care about Howl very much, and even less for you. So unless you care to listen, say goodnight....... for good."

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: January 31, 2010, 03:08:49 PM »
Seeker stared up at Korius, whispering a growl. "You know nothing of me, or I of you, assassin. I know only of myself, and of the spirits. What I know is you will steal from the dead. You must not."
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: January 31, 2010, 03:47:37 PM »
Korius sneered at her. "Whatever we do, if it's necessary for the mission, I will do it. Should this whole thing be a waste and for naught, I'll see to its disposal."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2010, 03:56:06 PM »
Kate jumped to the side, dodging the falling vomit...

~KZZCH~ "eugh! open fire marines! shoot to stun!" ~KZZCH~

The marines pulled carbines to their shoulders and opened fire with rapid bursts of concusion rounds, Crow was buffeted as he climbed but despite the blood dripping from one nostril he seemed unpreterbed by the shots.... A few marines switched to shock rounds, in an attempt to stun him....
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: January 31, 2010, 04:00:56 PM »
Asia walked up by Korius,
"Yeah, we need Leon's info. It's mission critical," he said before turning to howl, seeing Tabby bleeding onto the cave floor. "Howl, how is she?" Seeker growled louder, looking from the rabbit to the wolf.
"Your mission is not my conern. I must keep safe the dignity of the dead." He body began to flare with colour, as her feelers, stroked the Gathen's fur.

On Serra Draconis, Crow continued to climb, high up near the peak of the tower. Every shot that hit, he brushed off like dust.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #157 on: January 31, 2010, 11:24:34 PM »
"She is the conveyor of messages, from spirits to mortals. I would guess she is giving us a message from the spirits to stop." He turned to the seeker, "But why would you stop us from taking something we need from Leon? He was going to give it to Asia himself but died in the process."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2010, 11:30:07 PM »
Kate swore loudly into her helmet comms...

~kzzch~ "this aint doin' frack guys!"~Kzzch~

a few other marines continued to fire, but it seemed the Colonel really was somthing else... Kate angrily pushed her way through to the buggy, getting into the drivers seat she sighed heavily... no one wanted to look stupid...

~kzzzch~ "get back in the buggys boys and girls.... we failed.." ~kzzch~

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2010, 11:56:36 PM »
Asia looked to Howl and grabbed his shoulder,
"Hey! I said how is Tabby?! For goodness sake man, I'm no doctor and you know wounds, help her!" he said, pointing to the injured girl, slumped against the wall. Seeker stared back at Howl, disdain flickering over her.
"The spirits do not deal with flesh bodies, but my people know that when person die, their selves and their possessions must not be disturbed," she said, turning back to Korius to add, "He will not have peace, if I let you pass.

On Serra Draconis, Crow coughed and spluttered, continuing his climb until finally reaching the peak. He looked to the sky, opened his mouth wide and let out the devilish call of the Triffid. It crushed his normal voice, squeezing it until he could not speak. Something was filling his throat as his mouth grew wider and wider. His eyes bulged, his nose cracked as a green shoot pushed out from his head. His face splaying out like a blooming flower. The shoot grew out from him, up higher and higher, reaching up into the air like a green beacon stained with blood. At its top, a large sphere grew, changing colour from green to yellow as spores popped upon its surface. The shoot stretched and creeked to as high as it could muster.

Then it exploded.

It burst into a cloud of spores, falling across the planet's surface. And from each one that hit the ground, soon young Triffids would grow.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2010, 12:03:08 AM »
The two buggys rocked and bounced across the planets surface, kicking up bright yellow plumes of newly dropped spores... at the wheel of the lead Buggy Kate frantically steered around a deep creavase...

~"The Colonel's dead miss!"~
~Yes you moron! and that puts me in charge! follow my lead and dont you dare die you idiots!"
~"yessir... seargent Veldrat out"~
~"We need to get back to the tower and carrier! frack! and i thought we'd just got away from these infernal dandeloins!"~

Wheels spinning the buggys headed back for the bay, while warning the guys back at the base seemed pointless, for who could have missed the event that had just happaned, they needed somewhere to defend. If they where caught in the open like this... well... Kate could only cringe and push the thought away...

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2010, 12:52:54 AM »
Korius withdrew and sheathed his blade, but kept the M500 pointed at her head. "Say the word, Asia. I'll kill her here and now." He knelt down by Tabby and inspected her, keeping an eye on the seeker as well as his gun. "She'll be fine. Just minor bruises, nothing else. She's got a small concussion, though. She's going to act and sound like she's drugged/drunk for quite a while. Otherwise, completely fine."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2010, 01:44:57 AM »
Howl frowned, "Sorry about that Asia." Then he turned to the Seeker, walking in front of Gathen. "If we don't get those codes, Leon would have died in VAIN! His objective was to get the codes to Asia, and that's what he wants US to do. Let us pass, Seeker, for if it is your duty to keep the peace in Leon's soul, then you will let us go!"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2010, 02:32:23 AM »
Korius got up and picked up Tabby, carrying her on his back. He kept his gun on the seeker, "I'll just kill her, then. That way, she has no say."

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2010, 09:41:12 AM »
The meerkat captain on Serra Draconis called out to Kate through the buggy comms.
"What is going on? What happened?"

In Raven's Nest, Asia breathed a sigh of relief at Tabby's condition, before his grew stern.
"Look... Seeker is it? Look we're getting the codes today and you know you can not stop us." The woman turn to him, her body grow brighter and brighter, burning with colour. She smiled, before she shone out a blinding light. At the same time, the Gathen turned to Korius lunging for him with its massive body.