The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame (Finished)  (Read 35833 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Everflame
« Reply #165 on: February 01, 2010, 12:19:19 PM »
Korius scoffed and drew the vibro-blade, while holstering the M500 and cut the beast in two. "Tch, my foster father was more dangerous than that."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2010, 08:53:23 PM »
Kate shouted back to the Captain, literally punching the reply button on the buggy console... "the colonels dead.... some kinda Triffid spore thing... i dunno.. but i dont like the look of it, these spores are everywhere! i reckon whatever it is it cant be good... we'l be back in less than five minutes... out..."

The buggys continued to speed back to the base, great swirls of bright yellow spores billowing around them...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #167 on: February 02, 2010, 04:36:13 PM »
Seeker's eyes widened, and in an instant, small barbs protruded from her pupils and shot out at the wolf.

The meerkat captain worked through the comms, contact all he could.
"This is unlike normal Triffid behaviour," said the timid red panda. "Traditional reproduction is quelled through any average scan and disinfectant, and are never so... explosive." He slowly quietened, almost murmuring to himself. "The potential of the Triffids is unimaginable."

Out on the planet floor, gas begins shooting out from the ground in great plumes and clouds begin to form.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2010, 05:18:10 PM »
The two buggys screeched to a halt inside the compound, yellow spores billowing in with them. Kate and the rest of the team jumped out with a cacoughany of thumps and hisses as the power armour absorbed the impact, releasing spent pneumatic gas...

Kate shouted through her helmet comms, spit flecking the inside of her visor...
"Captain! you still reading me? we need to set up defensive positions at the very least, i reckon we dont have much time before this whole planet becomes Triff'ied and we need to reduce losses as much as possible... get that Panda on the line!... Team.. spread out!"

The other Marines spread out around her, steps clanking as they walked heavily, accomanied by the occasional hiss of pneumatic gas....

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2010, 06:13:23 PM »
Korius deflected the barbs like they were nothing and held the tip of the blade not even an inch from her eye. "Sorry, but you're not the only seeker I've come across. Nor will you be the first one I kill."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2010, 07:15:58 PM »
With Korius just about to kill the seeker, Howl got up. "WAIT! Don't kill her yet! I still have some questions for her, and if I don't get the answers now, then I'll never know for sure!"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: February 02, 2010, 08:10:35 PM »
Korius kept both his eyes on the seeker, ready to strike, his eyes now turned a blood red, ready to kill. "5 minutes..."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #172 on: February 02, 2010, 10:00:50 PM »
He walked up to the Seeker. "Why do you have disbelieve in the fact that my name is Howl?! Why is it so special?!"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2010, 07:41:31 PM »
The security personnel of the Serra Draconis facility, marched down the corridors to ground level, joining the Kate and her team to build defences.

Over on Raven's nest, Seeker stood firm at Korius' blade.
"Your name is Howl," she said to the soldier. "There was much confusion, you are Howl now and you will be Howl that I know, but Howl that I know is not you, but will be," she said.
"Well that makes perfect sense," Asia muttered.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: February 03, 2010, 08:05:05 PM »
Getting impatient, Korius stared at his watch. "Listen, there are about a few hundred men behind us. Either let us through, or die. We don't have the time to play your games!"

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2010, 12:14:39 AM »
Howl thought for a moment. "So, I will change in the future, a certain event shall make me different...well, I guess I'll have to see for myself to truly understand. Thank you, Seeker, I think I understand." He then looked at Korius. "I am done, in the future, all my other questions should reveal their answers to me. Do what you wish, as if I could stop you."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: February 04, 2010, 12:20:54 AM »
Korius looked the Seeker one more time. "Last chance. Will you let us through?"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2010, 04:26:48 PM »
Kate strode amongst the assembled soldiers and security personel, heavy power armour hissing and clanking...

"Three Draconis personel to every marine! we need to hold them off here in the bay while ships are readied!"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: February 07, 2010, 12:48:03 AM »
"My place is between you and the dead. When you force me into their arms, I ask that you respect my body. Do not desecrate as you do to Leon." Seeker looked over a Howl, "I will see you, ambassador." She closed her eyes and spread her arms out, presenting herself for execution."
Asia turned to Tabby, checking her over, and trying to bring her out of unconsciousness.

On serra Draconis, the sky became thick with cloud, and wind whipped up over the rapidly growing plants. They creaked with their speed. Around them, native plants burst from the ground, dusty brown shoots with spindly tendrils streaking off them. They spread between the roots of the Triffids. From the clouds, rain began to fall.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: February 07, 2010, 02:44:54 AM »
Korius sighed, "Truly, all the lot of you have no more sense in your minds. Very well, join your fellow seekers. You all make me sick." Without another word, brought back his blade and ran it across the seeker's neck and relieved her of her head for a quick and painless death. He looked up at Asia and Howl as he cleaned the blood. "Let's get moving, those platoons are getting closer as we speak." He sheathed his sword and walked over and picked up Tabby and began to go for Leon's location with the others.