The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame (Finished)  (Read 35832 times)

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
Re: Everflame
« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2010, 03:03:08 AM »
Before Howl went with the others, he looked at the seeker's body. "You will see me soon, eh? I hope that isn't true...and Ambassador?" Then he got up and ran after Korius, Asia and Tabby, wondering what the Seeker meant by all of that.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2010, 03:20:43 AM »
Through the caves, they found Leon's body, laid neatly beside the bodies of military personnel. In total, about 40 corpses littered the ground, leading out to the blizzard outside. Asia kneeled by Leon, ad rifled through the pockets of his armour; finding a datapad. Accessing it found the co-ordinates, and the codes were encryted in the pad, ready to activate once connected to the Everflame Expansion Transmitter (EET.)
"Right, we have what we came for," Asia said as shouts ehoed down the cave behind them, backed by footsteps and the clunk of equipment. "Now we need a way out."
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #182 on: February 07, 2010, 03:29:28 AM »
Korius turned around and drew the M500. He shot all 8 bullets at strategic points on the ceiling, causing it to cave in, blocking the path they came from and reholstered the weapon.. "Not that way, I can tell you that much. And we're too far away from Vee for me to activate my homing key. You're going to have to find us a way out of here."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #183 on: February 07, 2010, 02:50:24 PM »
Howl looked outside, where the horrible blizzard was still active. "We could go through the snow plains, the troops wouldn't follow us that far."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: February 07, 2010, 11:17:17 PM »
Korius looked over his shoulder at the unconscious Tabby. "Howl, help me pick her up, first. I need to cover her with my jacket. I'm not sure how much of the cold I can keep her from, but if we're going through that, I'm going to need whatever I can to cover her."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2010, 12:01:15 AM »
"Right. I've got an extra jacket for her, but even then it's still dangerous to go outside...." Howl opened his backpack and tossed a winter jacket to Korius then closed up his backpack. Then he walked to Tabby, lifting her up and sighing. "I hope Tabby will be alright."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2010, 12:40:30 AM »
Korius quickly took his jacket off and dressed Tabby with both coats and put her back on his shoulders. "Well, then. We better bloody well make a good run for it, or we're bloody screwed." He heard shooting on the other side of the rock wall. "Hurry, they're shooting through.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: February 08, 2010, 01:15:01 PM »
"Well then let's go! We haven't much time anyway," said Asia. The group set off running into the blank whitness, surrounding in wind, snow and the crack of gunfire.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: February 08, 2010, 01:38:59 PM »
Korius sighed as he reached into his pocket. He had hoped to not waste it, but he doesn't plan on dying because of a stupid cold. He took out an auto-needle of adrenaline and injected himself with it. Ah, his body's going to be burning for quite a while. He dashed full speed alongside Asia, keeping a tight grip on Tabby.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #189 on: February 08, 2010, 04:05:43 PM »
"humidity in the air is up by 230% and still rising! whatever's goin' on out there its big.... Captain, how we doing on getting the shuttle ready?"
Kate strode back and forth along the rows of nervous marines and Serra draconis security members, power armour hissing and clanking as she read out diagnositcs from her suits scanners....

"Kate, Mam! we just lost contact with the research facility five miles from here... their last message was a call for help... "
Kate turned to the Draconis security member who still had a radio clutched in one paw, the young wolf looked frightened...

"theyre growing fast... it might not be long before they get out to this facility... Captain! we need that shuttle ready to fly!"
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: February 08, 2010, 10:25:24 PM »
Howl was running next to Asia and would look over his shoulder now and then to make sure nothing was following them. The white plains have proven to be very dangerous to some, but the group has yet to even spot a wild create out there. He wondered what they would look like, either being small, but agile creatures or monstrous behemoths that touch the sky and crush all living things in it's path.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2010, 02:50:47 PM »
"We need to get back to your ship!" shouted Asia, through the blizzard to Korius. "How close do we need to get?" he asked as they turned towards the heart of the battlefield, trying to get to the central station.

The stormed whipped up around the Admiration as the crew frantically sealed up repairs and set themselves to lead. The Meerkat spoke through the facility via the comms.
"We need to get out of here, and my ship can carry fifty people to the nearest planet. Get here ASAP." He turned to his pilot. "How long before we can get going?"
"Not two minutes sir," the bear replied.

Outside, Triffids were growing to full size, soaking in the rain beside the root-like tendrils of native plants, spreading like mutants across the surface. The Triffids moved towards through most of the towers, tearing open doors and walls, whipping out tendrils. A small group crawled towards the right most tower. Kate and her team stood at its base with the Admiration docked high above.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2010, 05:17:23 PM »
Korius switched the view of his PDA to both lenses and his eyes ran through the proximity indicator. "We have to move due east for another 5 KM! But there's a problem! There is a massive battalion near it! They don't know it's there, but they coincidentally set up a field HQ about a couple meters from it! If I set off the key for remote flight, they'll shoot it down before it gets over here! Our best chance is to sneak into it and shoot them down a bit before we leave!"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2010, 05:21:51 PM »
Kate watched as the Triffids crawled towards the foot of their tower, the suits helmet zooming in and focusing digitally on her targets...

"we got 'em coming! Captain we need that ship ready ASAP!..."

The marines around her shifted positions, armour clanking and hissing, behemoths compared to the lightly armoured security personel...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2010, 08:35:22 PM »
"Maybe if Korius sets charges on some type of oil tanker near the base then the men will get distracted long enough for us to slip past them." Howl took out some c4 and smiled. "There's no telling on if this plan will draw the attention of most of the guards, but I think it's the best chance we've got."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.