The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame (Finished)  (Read 35836 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Everflame
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2010, 09:13:32 PM »
Korius frowned as they went on. "For your information, I doubt they're going to use petroleum tankers for a field HQ. Best to sneak around. That c4's going to attract more unnecessary attention, especially from orbit. Let's just stick with the original plan and get around them."

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #196 on: February 10, 2010, 03:54:16 AM »
Asia eyed the c4 close, "Stealth looks like the best approach right now. We just need to get out of here, we're not fighting this battle." Jogging through the snow, he pulled up a visor from his armour, magnifying through the snow, spotting a mine field two hundred metres to their left. Pulling the visor back down, he looked over to Korius and Tabby. "Five kilometres is a long way, is she gonna be ok?" he asked, gesturing to the young vixen.

On Serra Draconis, the meerkat barked down the comms.
"Kate, get whoever's around you up to the ship. We're ready to leave. We're not sticking around to get torn apart. Most of the scientists are on-board, so GET MOVING!" Max, the pilot chuckled, while down in the cargo bay, scientists were herded in by Tina and the Lynx.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: February 10, 2010, 04:02:19 AM »
Korius nodded to Asia. "She'll survive. I'd say we have a good hour before she slips into hypothermia. We'd best not waste anymore time and get this done quickly. I hope that visor of yours has a map of this place, because I only have proximity readings, not a topographical map."

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: February 10, 2010, 04:10:37 AM »
"Not a map on my visor, but," Asia reached into his pocket, pulling out Leon's datapad. He searched through and found a map of the complex and the surrounding area. He showed it to Korius. "Your ship is there, right?" he said, pointing on the map to create a destination marker on the pad. "Follow me," he said, pointing out into the white mass of snow and wind, jogging onwards.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #199 on: February 10, 2010, 03:16:52 PM »
Howl followed close behind Asia, as he was, he turned to Korius. "When will Tabby wake up? It's been quite some time since her injury took place and I'm starting to worry that her head got hit a bit too hard...."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2010, 04:18:54 PM »
"Right! security personel first, marines, cover their backs!"

The serra draconis security teams ran to the elevator, the marines turned to the face the implacable advance of the triffids... Once all the security personel where in the elevator the marines turned as well, armour clanking and hissing. The doors to the elevator closed with a hiss even as the first clangs reverberated through the bay, roots and vines pressing hungrily against the window of the airlock...

"captain, this is Kate, we got my twenty marines, and around ten draconis security personel here, coming to the top as fast as we can!"
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2010, 06:02:09 PM »
Korius shook his head, "I gave Tabby a sedative. She'll be out for at least another 2 hours. I couldn't risk her waking up and messing things up. She's still very young and inexperienced in these types of situations. He then turned to Asia, "Asia! We're going to have to find another path! My proximity sensors show that they're on this side of my ship! We need to go around without being spotted!"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2010, 10:57:58 PM »
"Roger that, Kate," said the Captain. He looked over the sensor readings, scanning around them. The Triffid signatures looked like Indian streets in Diwali. Max peered through the cockpit window, looking down the side of the building. Triffid vines were climbing.

Asia looked around through his visor. "We can't go around, there's minefields that way. Navigating round would take half a day atleast!"

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2010, 11:24:26 PM »
"Well, then what do you suggest we do? Run right into them? There has to be another way around them...anyone have some sort of idea? Because I'm fresh out."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2010, 12:28:11 AM »
Korius growled, "Ah, bloody hell! Fine! Load  up boys! We're going to plow through them! Don't stop no matter what! I'll key weapons as soon as we're in range!"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2010, 02:42:26 AM »
"Oh this isn't gonna be good," said Asia as he checked his weapon, hunched down and sped up his run through the snow

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2010, 03:10:33 AM »
Korius took out the M500 with his left and managed to flick it open and emptied it. He dug out some bullets and put them in a line in his mouth and he loaded it and then snapped it into place. 3 KM till engagement.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: February 11, 2010, 03:02:36 PM »
Howl changed the core in his assault rifle and checked his side-arm, everything was ready. Overlooking his armor, he found a couple of shots that had embedded themselves inside it, but not doing any damage. "I'm ready."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2010, 04:32:10 PM »
Reching the very top Kate and the marines left the elevator at a run, piling in through the ramp of the carrier...

"Captain, everyones aboard! now get the hell out of here!"
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: February 11, 2010, 05:31:08 PM »
Asia's visor began lighting up with readings of enemy combatants, far in the distance, masked in the blizzard. "Contact coming up," he said.

"Roger," the captain replied, "Max, take us out." The bear was already pulling away from the docking station, crawling out into the open air. There was a tug on the left wing. Looking at the sensors, Triffids had grabbed hold. The meerkat yelled down the comms, "Tina shoot that thing off our boat!" The cat ran up out of the cargo bay, over to her room and reformed the gunnery station. They only had one gun left. She aimed at the Triffids and ripped into them.