The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame (Finished)  (Read 35838 times)

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
Re: Everflame
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2010, 02:45:59 AM »
"You heard Korius, let's get going, we can't leave him waiting. I'd rather not be on the receiving end of those ships."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2010, 03:58:40 AM »
"Stop talking, start RUNNING!" shouted Asia as he darted out of the vehicle and bounded through the snow. Thankfully the wind was at his back. He looked through the snow flowing past and found Tabby's heat signature. "We weren't gone long, she should be ok." He trudged through the snow, reaching her. The blizzard had piled up on her suit. A white coat pouring off her as her limp form was lifted off the ground. Asia looked at her face, seeing her shiver. She was getting far too cold.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 04:03:34 AM by AsiaBunny »
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #227 on: February 20, 2010, 12:29:31 PM »
Korius opened the side hatch as he steered over them and got as low as he could without having to land. "Okay, ladies. Sometime before we are removed from this dimension would be nice!

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #228 on: February 20, 2010, 10:08:23 PM »
Howl took off after Asia, not falling behind. After reaching Tabby and seeing the condition she was in, he frowned. "My god..." But his thoughts were interrupted by Korius's urgent voice. He grabbed Tabby and placed her on the ship first, seeing how her condition wasn't exactly prime. Then Howl climbed up himself. "C'mon Asia, let's get the hell out of this place!"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: February 21, 2010, 02:27:29 AM »
Asia ran, leapt and scrambled onto the ship.
"Get going! Go to Serra Draconis, NOW!" He yelled to Korius as the door closed behind him. He pulled off his helmet, then started taking off Tabby's suit, her body was cold. "Korius, where's the heaters on this ship? Tabby's cold."
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: February 22, 2010, 09:28:18 PM »
Korius gunned the engines to full and prepared to jump while they were still in  the atmosphere, very dangerous due to possiblities of being thrown off course because of the gravity ring and the planet's rotation. "Throw her into the seat first and fasten up! We'll deal with her after the jump!" Korius made quick evasive maneuvers as he turned on the cloak and dodged fire and drop pods. Come on! Give me an opening! There! He gunned the ship to jump and they set off, on a 3-day jump to Serra Draconis.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2010, 10:04:13 PM »
"Commodore, we're about to arrive above the planet's surface," said a voice through the comm. Afgha Kali, the lapine Commodore, groaned, his head in his paws, gripping and releasing his skull. The sounds, the noise inside ricocheting, blurring and scratching. It was unstable, switching through time and unreality. Voices that dont exist, people long dead, or not yet born. It didnt connect, didnt equate to reality, didn't make sense. He stroked his ears. Calmed himself down. The voices were distilled, and one thing was clear, the everflame had to be retrieved, kept safe and hidden, away from any species, except for those who speak to him. The rabbit stood up from the chair in his office.
"Understood, power up weapons just in case. I'll be there shortly."

On the Admiration, the meerkat turned with a smile, "Thankyou Kate," he said, exhaling the excitement of escape. "Be sure to thank the crew as well, they're a rare breed. Every time I lose one, it's near impossible to find a replacement." The captain's smile faltered just slightly, before he turned and look up to the sky, seeing the shimmer of stars as they rose up through the clouds. There was a beep on the sensor, followed by another, followed by twenty, thirty, fifty more. Max, the bear at the helm, darted his gaze from instruments to space above.
"Cappy, there's something out there. A fleet!" Sure as anything, the emptiness above was snapped; as the Galactic Authorities filled the sky. The left console chimed. "They're hailing us," said Max. His voice had lost its spice, his eyes were cold.
"Go ahead," said the meerkat, with a flick of his head. Max flicked a switch on that left console, and out came the voice of the Commodore.
"This is the flagship of the GA fleet. This planet is now locked down, we believe you have a fugitive in the area," The meerkat looked to Max. His face began to drain.
"An entire fleet for one fugitive, that's quite excessive, isnt it?" said the Admiration captain.
"It's excessive for most," replied the Commodore. "But this particular fugitive is the cause of riots and mass murder. It is no bad thing to hand over this individual or any information on where he is. Any attempt to hide him or resist our efforts will result in you being shot down. Tell us what you know."

Meanwhile, Tabby slept in shivers in her seat. Space flew past as they darted through to their destination. Asia stood by her side, beckoning Korius over.
"I think she'll be ok, she just needs to warm up faster. I dont know your ship, you should take  her to the hottest place on the ship. Don't leave her there too long ofcourse," said the rabbit. "I'll make sure nothing happens while you're gone," he said with a smile.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2010, 10:49:39 PM »
Korius smirked as he picked up the little cat, "You obviously forget who you're talking to." Korius carried Tabb out of the bridge and down the corridor and another on his left into his quarters. He kicked over boxes of used up guns and other crap loitering around. He cleared off all the bullet casings on his bed and tucked her snugly into it. He then powered on the bed and started the heater. At least I finally found a use for this. Always slept in my chair at the bridge.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2010, 11:57:41 PM »
"I'm going to get changed." He walked into the bathroom and looked inside his backpack; everything was there. After taking off his winter equipment, Howl slipped on a pair on jeans, put on a light set of body armor and covered it up with a black T shirt and leather jacket. He threw on some sneakers and walked back to where Asia was. Remembering the hell-hole they'd just crawled out off, he admired Asia's skills in combat, he was obviously someone who has trained a great deal. "Your quite the fighter, what did you serve as before taking the Everflame? Sorry if I seem so daft to your whole past, but we've only just met when you think about it."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: February 24, 2010, 12:43:09 AM »
Asia leaned back in the pilot's chair, before looking over to Howl. he examined the wolf, searching his face. The rabbit was rich with thought. He smiled.
"I was just a regular policeman on the Capital Sphere," he saidbefore looking forward, watching the stars pass by. "I'm guessing you were a soldier, what with being on G7."

Tabby's shivers slowly started to calm. It would still take an hour or so before she was conscious.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: February 24, 2010, 12:51:51 AM »
A few flashbacks of war ran through Howl's mind, giving him a cool shiver. Too many dead to make it a just cause, too many lost in the name of a corrupt government. This happened all too often after the Everflame's theft, the aura of comfort and happiness was drained from his body all too quickly. But he cleared his head and looked to Asia. "Yes, you are correct. But ever since the Everflame was used in such a powerful way, I've lost some of my soldiers' appeal, as you might have seen. I wish to apologize if I got too emotional, it's just that I've been drowned in the feeling of euphoria for so long...anyway: I don't think one with such fighting skills, much like yourself, would have a regular position in the Capital Sphere, their academy's training doesn't go to the extent of elite." Howl sat down in front of Asia. "Were you guarding something valuable...the Everflame, perhaps? That would be one reason for why you were actually able to steal it."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: February 24, 2010, 02:28:05 AM »
Korius turned off the lights of his quarters and headed back. As he neared the bridge, he heard their conversation and walked in just as Howl finished. "THAT should have been obvious, Howl. Like me, he's trained for more years than military personnel. His combat goes beyond that of any normal soldier. Though I will say, for the record, he's not that good a shot." He gestured for Asia to get up. "I agreed with you looking after the ship, but nothing about you siting in my chair. Up." Korius walked over and sat back in his seat. It's going to be a 3-day flight. We can't use the small mess hall, more like mess room, but it's too loitered right now, so we'll be eating in this room. Keep all liquids outside of the room. If you're thirsty, step outside. That goes double if you have to relieve some gas."[/color] Korius checked the instruments and their course to make sure they were still in the right. Sure enough, he had made the jump at the right time. He turned in the seat and sighed as he got up. "Asia, Howl. Meet me in the cargo hold in 1 hour. Let's do some sparring..." With that, he left the bridge. He keyed the comm on the side of the door before returning to his quarters. "And stay out of my chair." Korius entered his quarters and quickly removed his armour, taking off his coat and weapons, leaving him with only his black zip-up leather shirt, black leather jeans, shades, boots and gloves. He left the quarters and headed out to the cargo hold, which pretty much looked like a weight gym.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: February 24, 2010, 05:20:48 AM »
Asia stood up as he was told, shaking his head with a smile as he moved.
"Howl, I'm surprised you even know of the thing." The rabbit rubbed his head, and sighed. A headache was forming. "I'll see you in the bay," he said. His voice was slightly deadened, and his smile faltered, but just barely. He turned and walked out the door, making his way to his quarters. Once out of sight, he moved faster, speeding up to a jog. Almost running into his room with a smile as he pulled open a draw in his desk. It revealed the energy dampening case the everflame was in. He opened it just a crack, put his finger inside, and lay back on his bed, still in his armour, enjoying the happiness flowing over him.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: February 24, 2010, 09:20:22 PM »
"Right, see you there." Howl walked to his quarters, in a daze of all that happened, so deep in thought. When he arrived, he laid down on the bed, then stared at the ceiling. He took out Leon's dog-tags that he had picked up off of his body and gazed into the words inscribed on it, all meaningless letters compiled together to give information about his lost comrade. Leon would never be remembered, nor would Howl if he were to die, nothing would come out of it. He gave a soliloquy, speaking to himself, with no one there to listen. "I wonder if Korius or Asia feel the sting of death from the death of an ally? Do they hold it up inside, break down in front of all to see? Or crack for a second, letting out little bits of feelings and leaving the rest to wallow with alone, as I do?" Howl then sat up, his eyes weighing with both sadness and post fatigue caused from the vast amounts of running he did today. "After this is all over, I shall break free from this cold and empty life, and live for something that has meaning." He rummaged through his back-pack and found a water bottle, then took a sip and sat back down.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #239 on: February 24, 2010, 09:40:50 PM »
Kate listened to the message from the commador, looking to max she raised on eyebrow inquisitively, and then with a great cacophany of clanks and hisses marched back out of the cockpit and back down to the main bay where  the marines where unsuiting, stretching and nursing wounds from fighting Triffids for so long... she sighed as Kitt walked up beside her, already unsuited and wearing combat fatigues...

"we did it... we lived..."

She turned to look at him, her frowned turned to a half hearted smile, watching him closely...

"yeah... we lived...though for how much longer can we keep saying that?"
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"