The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame (Finished)  (Read 35841 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Everflame
« Reply #300 on: March 28, 2010, 01:46:20 PM »
Kate lead her marines down the gangway, she slid one paw down the back of her khaki trousers, the reassuring touch of the small pistol brought a feeling of safety to her... even if it was only for a few seconds....

"Sir? Whats going on sir?"

Kate looked back over her shoulder to see Kitt walking behind her, his voice was wavering slightly... she had always known he was a good fighter... but he was too young.... sighing she gave a halfhearted smile before looking back ahead..
"Whatever happens marine... we'l pull through... we marines always pull through... remember that.."
Kitt nodded as a soldier shoved them forwards again...
"Hoorah to that sir..."
Kate growled to herself, looking up at the soldiers and officer.... she had never enjoyed lying...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 03:03:49 PM by Kitt (Santa Claws) »
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #301 on: March 28, 2010, 04:04:54 PM »
Howl grabbed Asia's punch, then went to hit Asia's gut with is free hand.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #302 on: March 29, 2010, 06:45:13 PM »
The soldiers led them onwards to a small entrance to the large metallic hangar. It opened with a squeel, revealing a dead steel corridor, grey and grim, leading downwards. THe prisoners were led through, and as a door passed, one of them was pulled away and dragged inside.

Asia caught Howl's punch, and yanked both hands down, pulling the wolf with it. He used the pull to leap up with a high and powerful nee, rocketing to Howls lowered head.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #303 on: March 29, 2010, 07:54:05 PM »
Asia's knee was coming right towards Howl, and once again, he couldn't do a single thing about it. His knee hit him right in the nose, and from the impact of it he let go of Asia's hand and fell to the ground. An overwhelming feeling of pain ran through his head, Howl's nose was bleeding by that point, yet he got back up without saying a word and readied for another attack.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 07:55:55 PM by HowlTheGrayWolf »
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #304 on: March 29, 2010, 08:33:05 PM »
Korius chuckled at the spectacle. It was truly enjoyable and he clapped. However, all was cut short as the alarms of Vee went crazy. He quickly ran into the bridge, his hands, again, flying the controls. They then left the jump into sub-space and it was an asteroid field, but according to the charts, there shouldn't be any. Korius ran the scanners over and over again, finally, a visual told everything. They were in a grave of ships. All of them still sparked, meaning they were here in whole pieces only moments prior.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #305 on: March 29, 2010, 08:46:10 PM »
The prisoners continued to walk down the corridor, forced to look dead ahead no-one noticed the last in line being dragged off silently.... a soldier shoved the next in line to get him or her walking faster as the prisoners footsteps echoed down the corridor....

Kate walked at the head of the group, followed by Kitt... Behind him walked Annie, a young vixen the same age as Kitt, and behind her the Wolf private who had recently been added to the marine squad...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #306 on: March 29, 2010, 08:58:06 PM »
Howl looked to Asia and raised and frowned, "This could only mean something bad." He followed Korius and looked at the Korius, covering his bleeding nose. "What is it?!"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #307 on: March 29, 2010, 11:00:15 PM »
Asia and Tabby walked along behind the wolves, and stood agape at the sight.
"What the hell," said Tabby. "That's insane. I ain't never seen anythin' like that." She stood beside Korius and stared at the screen. Asia frowned, and looked back to his room, then to Howl, seeing his bleeding nose.
"Are you alright?" he said.

On the GA Demolition, each prisoner was soon pulled off. Tina barely made a noise as she was herded into a unlit room, the door closed behind her. Max soon followed into the next door. The young wolf private after that, then Annie, then finally Kitt. There were only a few soldiers with Kate left in the corridor. They carried on walking, and at the end was thick black door. It groaned as a soldier pulled it open, and the Marine was grabbed from behind, pushing her forward into the darkened room. They pushed her in, making her stumble forward, hitting a table with her thighs. The door closed behind her, and a light in the ceiling slowly began to glow before flicking fully on. It was a harsh light, and showed the small box of a room. The table was small, sharp and unadorned. There were three chairs, all on one side.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: March 30, 2010, 03:39:29 PM »
Kate listened as each marine behind her was pulled off into separate rooms... she didn't turn around until she was pushed roughly into the final room... looking around the small room she straightened up after knocking into the table, keeping her cool she slid her arms behind her back in the typical 'at attention' position....

only a single bead of sweat and the occasional flick of her long feline tail gave away her true nervousness... a nervousness that even the grip weight of a gun wouldn't have removed...

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #309 on: March 30, 2010, 04:35:22 PM »
Korius ran his hands through the controls, switching the monitor to several different scanners. "It looks like quite a large number of downed cruisers. They were destroyed recently, but they're so many of them and so mangled, I can't tell what class they are. I can't even find any identifying insignias or emblems. Asia! Mind helping me out here!? Tell me what we're seeing because I've never seen anything this big. I do espionage, not war."

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #310 on: March 31, 2010, 12:34:56 AM »
The officer stepped into the room, backed by two of the soldiers, armed to the teeth. The closed behind them and sat on the three chairs.
"So, what got a soldier like you to hide a mass murderer?"

Amidst the wreckage of the cruisers, Asia searched over the readouts.
"There's nothing here... no traces of laser fire, so it could have been a ridiculous collision. It doesn't make sense but you nevvv..." Asia froze, staring ahead, his eyes glazing over, his body quivering, tensing as he gripped the consoles.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #311 on: March 31, 2010, 03:33:22 PM »
Kate stood to attention, straight back and with her paws behind her back.... she down at the officer sat behind the table and, with the tiniest of movements, cocked her head to one side slightly, flicking her fringe out of her eyes in the process...
"I am afraid i do not know what you mean... sir.... me and my marines where simply taking transit on-board that ship, after being rescued..."
She looked the officer straight in his steely eyes....

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #312 on: April 04, 2010, 01:23:57 AM »
"Don't worry, my nose is fine, I've been shot before, anyhow." He looked for something to stop the bleeding, and found some tissues lying around, so he grabbed two and stuffed one in each nostril. Running back up to Korius and Asia, he raised an eyebrow when they both went silent. He turned to Tabby, then back to Asia and Korius. Howl got frustrated, and it was apparent in his voice, "Ok, what the hell is going on?!"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #313 on: April 06, 2010, 03:40:12 PM »
The officer aboard the Demolition stared up at Kate, then coughed into his hand. "The planet you were stationed on was under quarantine. The effort and skill required to get to the surface to rescue you would far outweigh the needs of a bunch of strangers who may be dead. Either that ship is full of saints, or you were protecting something important, for example that psychopath in your care." He covered his smile with a cough. "Tell me why you are protecting him. Tell me all your contacts. Tell me everything."

Over on Vee, Asia crumpled to the floor.
"No no no," he said. "No no no. This isn't right." Tabby yelped and ran to his side. The rabbit began to crawl, back through the cockpit.
"Asia, what the hell are you doing?" Tabby asked. Asia continued to crawl, moving through to the corridor that ran through the ship, as tears sat upon his fur. He looked up, seeing his room, right at the end.
"I've got to get to it," he said. "I need it, NOW!"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #314 on: April 06, 2010, 03:52:41 PM »
"Tabby take him and contain him, now! He's going for the Everflame!" Korius' hands flew through the controls as they got closer into the grave and fired his thruster rockets two at a time to clear a path or at least blast one. He gunned the engines burst through the wreckage. When they were finally clear, he turned Vee around and they floated there, motionless. Korius began to run his scanners of all kinds to try to uncover the mystery of the wreckage. "Howl, please help Tabby hold down that bloody rabbit. he needs to be restrained. Use force if you have to. He's been using that flame on himself. Just make sure you clean up anything you make a mess on."