The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame (Finished)  (Read 35845 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Everflame
« Reply #315 on: April 06, 2010, 05:57:13 PM »
Kate's normally complacent brow furrowed in a slight frown... but nothing else in her expression changed...
"Sir.... I understand the planet was under quarantine... me and my men where left, to die.... in all honesty... i couldnt give a frack how this looks to you... Sir... all i know, is my men and I, are damned lucky to still be alive.."
She stayed straight backed, and as calm as it was possible to be in a room with only one small weapon... when the other guys had two very large guns... She flicked her fringe out of her eyes, and stared straight back at the officer, noting his concealed smirk...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #316 on: April 06, 2010, 08:16:05 PM »
The officer's smile disappeared.
"Miss, I think you should know that if you do not tell us what we want to know, your luck will run out." The soldiers stood up, and moved to either side of Kate.

"This isn't right!" Asia yelled as Tabby moved to press down on him.
"Keep still, damn it," she said.
"We have to get out of here," he replied. "Can't you feel it? Life is being sucked out of the air!"
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: April 06, 2010, 08:31:23 PM »
Kate drew in a breath, looking between the two soldiers....
"Ah... I see that's how it is... but I am telling you sir, we had NO idea... we where just grateful for a rescue, why we where rescued? I do not know... I could easily be dead five days ago, as would be the rest of my men... surely you, a man of the military yourself, can understand that... "
Her tail flicked anxiously, as he paws clenched behind her back....

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #318 on: April 06, 2010, 09:35:35 PM »
Howl ran over to Asia and held him down, "Snap out of it you twat, don't you know what your doing to yourself?! YOU want to use the everflame for good, so don't throw away what we've all been fighting for!" Howl's flames of anger died out, and he turned his head slightly to Tabby. "I've got him, find something to bind his hands with, or maybe sleeping pills, use whatever you can find!"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #319 on: April 07, 2010, 12:02:12 AM »
The officer nodded to soldier on the left, who then grabbed Kate's arm.
"No idea? You have no idea?" the lupine officer said, moving his face close to the fox. "So you just happened to be rubbing shoulders with one of the most dangerous criminals in the galaxy?" He stood up, pressing his paw against her head. "Now, tell us the truth. That's all we want."

Tabby nodded and darted down the ship, looking into all the rooms. She darted into Korius' room, stumbling over ammo boxes before finding a cupboard with tranquilisers inside. In the corridor, Asia ground his teeth and thrashed on the floor.
"I'm fine!" he screamed. "It's this evil place. Can't you feel it? Something is dark here, pulling at me, I can feel it in my head. Get me out of here!" Tabby ran back to Howl.
"Will this do?" she said as she presented the drugs to both wolves.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #320 on: April 07, 2010, 12:06:25 AM »
"Settle down you bloody ape!" He looked to Tabby, then back to Korius, "I don't know, ask Korius, he'd know if they're made for people or elephants."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #321 on: April 07, 2010, 12:18:15 AM »
Korius keyed in the mic as he had watched the surveillance from the Nav monitor behind him, while still searching for something. "Go ahead, Tabby. Just inject half of it. The full vial normally CAN take down 5 elephants, enough to kill anyone under 400 pounds. Give him half, it'll put him to sleep for the rest of the trip. I'm just recording all the data I can get, and we're going to be jumping back onto course."

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: April 07, 2010, 12:37:37 AM »
Tabby crouched by the rabbit and stabbed the tranquiliser into his neck, injecting half, as instructed. The rabbit growled and yelled.
"Get us out! Please we have to go! We have to.... we have to go... w... we have.... we... go..." and then he slept. Tabby ran a hand through her hair, sighing.
"Damn, that was exciting. So what we gonna do with him?" she said as she examined the drug in her hand.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #323 on: April 07, 2010, 12:56:44 AM »
Korius keyed in the mic as he steered Vee back on course for another jump. "I've logged this place in the Nav computer and we can come back to it later. For now, take him to his quarters. All the beds here have straps in case I have more than 4 prisoners. The keypad on the side of his bed, the code to auto-strap him is 357. I suggest the rest of you hold onto something when we jump. You have 10 seconds."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: April 07, 2010, 01:04:49 AM »
"Damn it, Korius, I need more time!" Said Howl, while he was rushing the sleeping Asia to his bed. 8- He laid him on the bed. 5- He pressed the strap-in numbers. 3- He held onto the bed as tight as possible. "Whew, ready!"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #325 on: April 07, 2010, 01:23:56 AM »
Tabby ran back to Korius' room and stuff the tranquilizer back into the cupboard, pushing it shut. She then stood in the doorway, holding herself against it to brace for the jump.
"Ready, Korius!" she said, with a high and happy tone.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #326 on: April 07, 2010, 02:30:59 AM »
Vee made the jump and everything/everyone on board shuttered for a brief moment before they were fully in the jump. Korius double checked everything on the panels and then the nav logs. He unstrapped himself and keyed the mic. "Thank you for flying the ManHunter Airlines. If you feel any bit nauseated, please jump out of the emergency pod as I will not have any messes on my ship. For anyone who ran into my quarters, I hope that hurt."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: April 07, 2010, 03:38:14 PM »
Kate's breathing quickened as the officer grabbed her, she stared into his eyes with content, and disgust... through gritted teeth she growled...
"I... Know... Nothing..."
She stayed as straight backed as possible, staring back at the officer, she was an officer of the marine corps... she wouldnt frack with this idiot, not if her squad depended on it... no fracking way....

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #328 on: April 07, 2010, 06:40:51 PM »
Nothing could really have described going into a jump, only a second of unimaginable speed and confusion. Seeing as the ship went to a stop, Howl decided to go back to the quarters, upon arrival, he smiled at Korius, "Do you say that every time you go into a jump?"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #329 on: April 07, 2010, 11:34:23 PM »
Korius keyed in his mic after hearing Howl. "For starters, no one should be in my room and I expect everything to be taken care of especially since we are now really pressed for time. We're more than one day's jump away from our destination. We need to make the best of what time we had. The wreckage was too much even for the Stealth Streamer's scanners to take in fast enough."