The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame (Finished)  (Read 35849 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Everflame
« Reply #360 on: April 24, 2010, 07:26:36 PM »
Korius keyed into the console after re-activating it. "Alright, let's get out of this jump first." Vee rocked violently as they got out of the jump, the armada now on visual. "Oh, (censored). Prepping the rail-gun just in case." The power generator starting humming louder than life once more like before. Korius' hands flew through all the controls, the missile and rocket pods opening in preparation and gun ports opened. "I personally don't really care too much about you, but you're on my ship and I'm leaving if we can't push past this."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #361 on: April 24, 2010, 08:00:22 PM »
Kate stared down the barrel of the avians rifle... subconsciously she had stepped between the gun and the other marines who, in turn, had stepped subconsciously slightly behind her... as if she where the voice and representative of the whole group....
"Uh.... I'm guessing that thing isn't supposed to come off right?"
She kept staring straight down the barrel of the rifle, almost going cross-eyed doing so.... Kitt, who had stepped behind Kate like all the others, had also, maybe not quite so subconsciously, stepped in front of Annie... Annie flicked her tail in annoyance, trying to look past Kitt... She elbowed him in the ribs and stepped up beside him so she could see more clearly... leaving Kitt wincing and rubbing his side gingerly...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #362 on: April 24, 2010, 09:50:01 PM »
Asia shot a glare at Korius.
"All you need to do is get me down there, by any means possible. You don't need to take on the whole fleet, just get me to the facility, and then you can leave me there if you have to, please." Howl looked between the rabbit and the wolf.
"Well we've come all this way," he said. "I mean, this is important, right?"

Over on the GA Demolition, Afgha Kali, the lapine commodore, leapt from his seat. His lieutenant turned to him.
"Sir, what's wrong?" said the cat. Afgha began to smile.
"Finally! He's here, bring the ship about, hail him, get him now!"
"Who, sir? The target, Asia Kali?" the lieutenant asked.
"Yes, who do you think?!" The Commodore stomped about the bridge, gripping his paws into fists again and again.
"Sir, there's nothing on sensors."
"Oh get out of the way," said Afgha as he ran to the lieutenant's console, pushing him aside and activating an in-depth sweep in Vee's general direction.
"There, you see?" He pointed at the sensor screen, showing a faint flicker of activity.
"Sir, that could be anything." Afgha grabbed the lieutenant and pulled him back into his chair.
"Send a signal in that general direction, hail them and tell them to surrender." The commodore ran to the back of the bridge, darting through the door. The lieutenant turned around,
"Sir where are you going?" There was no reply, leaving the cat lost in instructions. He sent the signal.

On Vee, the signal was recieved.
"Unidentified craft, you are under suspiscion of hiding a fugitive. By order of the Galactic Authorities you are obligated to power down and await boarding."

Back on the GA Demolition, in the holding cell, the large guard tapped his helmet, accessing the comms.
"A prisoner has escaped, I repeat a prisoner has escaped. Female, young, feline. Brown fur, purple hair, wearing mostly blue denim. Use lethal force if necessary." The bird stared at the prisoners, accusing with her eyes as well as her voice.
"Where is she? Tell me now or I'll shoot it out of you."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 09:52:15 PM by AsiaBunny »
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #363 on: April 24, 2010, 10:07:04 PM »
Kate shrugged, still staring down the barrel pointed at her...
"I dunno... she just pulled that cover off and wriggled into the vent, by the time I'd got over there she'd already pulled the cover back on behind her... I dont know where she could've gone... don't you know where that vent leads or something?"
The marines shifted uneasily, a few taking hesitant steps back from the guard, she looked like she meant business...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #364 on: April 25, 2010, 12:07:39 AM »
Korius grit his teeth and punched in the full throttle. "Get your (censored) into those seats, this is going to be a bumpy ride. Asia, get into the Nav seat, I'll hand over controls to you after we finish entering the atmosphere. Howl, get ready to fire everything we got, wait for my signal. They won't see us on their scanners, but visuals can see us just fine." Korius steered Vee into a path for the center of the commotion on the ground. The console gave the signal that the rail-gun was fully charged. As Vee evened out, Korius slammed on the controls and the rail-gun fired right through two of the carriers directly in their path, and all the fighters even near the energy beam. "Fire! Keep all the others off of us! I'll take care of the debris in front of us!"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:16:28 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #365 on: April 25, 2010, 02:52:26 PM »
"Where did she go?" asked the large guard, grabbing his gun and standing by the bird, who's face contorted, fierce with anger.
"They're lying!" she said. "There's no way that weak little kitten could possibly pull the wall apa--" She was interrupted by red lights flashing through the ship, and a voice through the comms.
"All hands to battle stations. All hands to battle stations."
"What the heck is going on in this stupid ship?!" The bird ranted and squaked before running off to her post, leaving the large guard behind.
"Where did she go?"

On Vee, Howl nodded at the orders and moved to his own seat. Asia darted to his new position at the Nav.
"Thanks Korius!" he said. Fire filled the viewscreen as ships exploded everywhere. As soon as the order was given, Howl started targeting every ship he could, shooting down fighters left and right. Above them, three carriers crawled into position. The largest ship, the GA Demolition, looming in the distance, a behemoth lit up red by the nearby sun, charged its weapons.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #366 on: April 25, 2010, 04:59:49 PM »
Kate watched as the avian ran back into the corridor, her boots clanking across the walkway loudly... she turned to the guard who was left and shrugged...
"I dunno where she went... she just gone through that there vent and thats the last i see of her.... seriously, dont you know where the vent leads?"
The other marines took another hesitant step back, keeping themselves well out of the way of the guards weapon...

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #367 on: April 26, 2010, 06:51:52 PM »
The GA Demolition launched a wave of weapons fire at Vee, filling the sky with light.

While inside the ship, the large guard stood with his gun at the prisoners.
"This isn't the first time someone has escaped," he said, watching the movements of soldiers. "Vents seem to be popular, and they can lead you anywhere in the ship. What we found was that it's a lot easier to track someone down, when their friends tell us where they were intending to go." He loosened his shoulders slightly. "Now if the friends don't want to tell us, then we shoot them until they do. It's harsh but then this isn't some light-weight petty thief we're talking about here. You will be shot. All of you. One by one. Now tell me where she went, and how long she's been gone."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #368 on: April 26, 2010, 08:37:25 PM »
Kate looked behind her, at her assembled team.... her assembled, family.... she sighed, loosing her usually straight backed posture, visibly shrinking...
"She said she where gonna get out, and that anyone else who wanted to escape should come with her.... she's been gone maybe, ten minutes..."
The other marines stared at the back of Kate's head, some in a mix of shock and surprise.... The usually strong figurehead of the team had visibly, given in.... to the marines, the worst had happened.... Annie attempted to step up beside Kate, only to be held back by Kitt who had taken her by the wrist...

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #369 on: April 26, 2010, 10:23:41 PM »
Korius' hand flew through the controls while his other steered the ship. "Howl! Stop shooting!" Vee dipped and dodged shots, weaving through wreckages, rolling at lightning speeds, and only firing to destroy unavoidable obstructions. Weapons fire aimed at them ended up hitting debris and pursuing fighters who were able to dodge the floating wreckages. Korius keyed in several buttons on the console to engage the heat panels, protecting the stealth streamer from burning up in the atmosphere. The pursuing fighters lit up as they were destroyed by the planet, and Korius retracted the plates. He quickly switched controls to Asia as he manned the forward and lower guns. "Howl! Cover our (censored) and overhead!"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #370 on: April 27, 2010, 01:16:03 PM »
The large guard relaxed, though his expression was hidden behind his helmet. he kept his gun pointed at the prisoners.
"Thanks, but that's not giving any specifics. Any locations, any names she mentioned. Perhaps she's gone to free her friends. What else did she say to you?"

"Yes sir!" barked Howl like the soldier he used to be. Vee swerved and dived into the atmosphere.
"I got it," said Asia as he took control over the ship, flying down towards the science facility. Below them, a forest was swaying by the tall spires of the buildings. Asis headed to the largest building of the complex. "Alright there's our destination, we'll land at the mid-level dock, the main chamber is just below that. Once I'm in, you guys watch my back and I'll deal with the everflame." As they moved closer, he could see the trees move. "What the hell? Are those triffids?"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #371 on: April 27, 2010, 03:12:05 PM »
Kate looked back up at the guard, shrugging mopily... "She just said she where gonna escape... somthing about one of the smaller ships in the hangar? I dunno, she didnt really say anything else...."
The marines stood close behind her, in a mock military parade. Kate had lost her usual strong stature, and so too it seemed had the rest of the marines. They stood unsure and fidgeting, tails flicking and boots scuffing the floor...
"She just asked if anyone else wanted t'r come with her... and when we didnt answer she just pulled the cover back on and dissapeared.... like i said she where gone maybe ten minutes or so...."

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #372 on: April 28, 2010, 09:25:41 PM »
The large guard watched the movements of the other prisoners, before lowering his gun.
"Thankyou, you made the right choice. You certainly helped me out. Shooting you would have been paperwork hell, but I'll make sure that I put your comments into the report. That also means that if we find that you're lying, then you'd have just put yourself in far worse trouble." He turned to the open doorway, to leave, hitching his gun up to his side.
"Thanks again."

On the bridge of the GA Demolition, the lone feline lieutenant was now accompanied by a team of officers.
"They've gone down to the surface, they're docking with the central tower," said a uniformed mink.
"Right, send down planetary assault teams, equipped for close range firefights." said the lieutenant before accessing the comms to the Commodore's communicator. "Sir, they've reached the planet. I've sent down some teams, but we need you in command here, sir."

Afgha Kali ran through the corridors, dodging and swerving passed other personnel.
"This is it," he said. "Now's my chance, I've got to stop everything. Can't fail, it's not right." His voice spurted through the comms to the Lieutenant.
"Sir, what are you talking about?"
"It's not right! Get away from it! It's not yours!" The rabbit bounded through the hallways before reaching the armory door, slamming his palm against the access pad. Recognising him, it swished open and he burst through, dodging past the soldiers suiting up to god down to the planet. Tearing through that room, he got to another door. He then took off his Commodore's uniform, stripping naked before typing in a code on a keypad beside the door. It opened to little more than a grey cupboard, filled with sandy carapace suits that had dusky fabric with a honeycomb mesh connecting the solid sections together. They were folded and compressed in the small room. He stepped inside and the door closed behind him. A light flicked on and robotic arms stretched out, curling around the rabbit, grabbing his arms and legs and splaying him out, presented to the suits. More arms crawled from the walls and searched through the suits, finding one and stretched it out to match Afgha's size.  They then began pulling it apart, opening it up and pushing it upon the rabbit's body, closing it around him, holding it tight against his skin. It hugged his biceps, his calves, all over his body; and wrapped tight onto his fingers and toes. A mask pressed against his face and wrapped itself around his head and his long ears. He Felt small claws in the fabric, dig into him, reaching to access his muscles. He gritted his teeth as the suit found its shape and tensed hard to calibrate to his body. Once complete, a green light flicked on, on the back of his hand. The door behind him opened, and when he walked out, the soldiers had already gone.

Down on the planet, Vee docked with the tower, and as they looked out of the viewer, they could see a triffid crawling along the docking area.
"The chamber we need to get to is one floor below us, and I don't think that's the only triffid in this building."

High above them, a drop-ship full of troops was falling from space.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #373 on: April 28, 2010, 10:57:33 PM »
Kate's grip lessened on the small pistol down the back of her fatigues... sighing in relief she still stood, diminished and alone... it was several moments before Annie approached her silently... she walked right beside Kate, and whispered to her... "Thats not what Tina told us...... you lied about the escape...."

Kate stiffened slightly, before losing her composure again as she turned to face the rest of the marines. She whispered back to Annie out of the corner of her mouth... "I was thinking on my feet.... best i could do...."

She caught the eyes of the rest of her team members, and finally she set her back straight and her shoulders high....

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #374 on: April 28, 2010, 11:53:34 PM »
Korius keyed the doors open and rushed everyone out, while unstrapping the young cat from the bed. "Everyone exit from any of the hatches! MOVE!" Korius grabbed a few small fast-reloads for his M500 and pocketed them and grabbed his katana vibro-blade as he jumped out the side hatch. With his PDA, Vee switched back to optical camoflague and flew off. It won't get far, but at least it'll be far enough for anyone to even find it.