The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame (Finished)  (Read 35831 times)

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
Re: Everflame
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2010, 01:24:41 AM »
Howl reached out and grabbed Salvus, pulling him out of the tram, and with a struggle, he got up. "Jesus, what just happened?"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2010, 01:39:20 AM »
Max walked over to the remaining soldiers.
"We arrive at Dracky in a little while so you boys'll probably have to sleep here in the bay. We ain't got no spare rooms so sorry about that, but you're probably used to a little hard livin'. Just one thing, dont let yer boy out. Just a safety precaution since we ain't got a clue what that thing did to 'im." While he talked Tina walked back to her room and began pulling away and sorting out all the clutter that had gathered from the conversion of her room into a gunnery post. Alain sat beside the bay toilet, standing guard. Max continued to speak, "You can go talk to him if you like, keep him company an' all that. It should calm 'im down some."

Over at Raven's Nest, Salvus pulled Howl along, "The enemy are chasing us! NOW RUN!" he yelled as they pelted through the frozen landscape, alongside the tram tubes toward the main outpost. Rockets pummelled the building as shrapnel and rubble fell around them, and screams rang out all around. Mortars zipped through sky, landing dangerously close.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 01:41:28 AM by AsiaBunny »
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2010, 01:57:19 AM »
Korius gunned the engines, doing his best to not to be seen on visuals. They entered the atmosphere at the southern pole and made their way up. Korius navigated through devastated lands, cities and mountains. He pushed full throttle to their destination. While they were still a couple miles out, people started shooting from the surface, turrets, troykas, and pulse cannons. "Hold on!" Korius gripped the steering column more tightly and rolled, flipped and weaved past the streams of firepower, pushing full throttle and occasionally firing of a few shots from his guns to clear a path and ease up some of the pressure. He screamed out loud as he finally made it past the siege wall around their target location and scanned his controls. "Ok guys, we're going to have to crash land this one. If I try to brake, we'll over-shoot and end up back in that siege wall. So brace yourselves. Asia, key all shield energy to the front!" Korius aimed for the base of the tallest tower in the broken city. A large plume of dust rose over the city as they crash landed into the second base level.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2010, 02:09:44 AM »
With another mortar round landing dangerously close, Howl's ears began to ring. Bullets flying, the air filled with the stench of destruction. The farther they went down the tunnel, the more dead bodies started to show up. Men from all ages littered the ground, blood splatters painted the walls and the most unlucky ones were blown in half with their organs hanging out. Such awful ways to pass, all because of a corrupt government that clings on desperately to their one motive: Power. 

Some Delta Soldiers tried to chase Howl and Salvus, but Howl was more then prepared for them, and he ejected the rest of his core, killing off the troopers. Considering the situation, it was hard to reload his rifle, it was almost as difficult as writing your signature with a bad case of Parkingson's disease, yet he still managed to reload the gun properly. "How much farther?!"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2010, 04:45:30 PM »
One of the Triffid enforcers turned to Max, sliding up her visor she fixed him a stare
"i do believe the term is 'boys n' girls'... you wouldnt want to get on the wrong side o' me now would ya?"
Several other Triffid enforcers laughed, watching the two as they pulled off helmets and backpacks, all of them where more than fine with the accomodation. To them, this was the first night in a long time that they could sleep without the fear of Triffids.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2010, 12:12:49 AM »
Asia and Tabby braced themselves, Tabby wooping wildly as the plummeted through the skies, as the smashed head first into the building, their entry masked by all the other explosions detonating around them. As the dust cleared, the only sound left was Tabby's high pitched cackle. Asia looked around where they had landed. It was an empty room, with a desk that had tumbled against the wall. Datapads were strewn about the place.
"It looks like we're in the right place." Opening the Streamer's hatch, Asia walked out into the office space. He peered out into the corridor, examining signs. "We need to go down one level, it should be just by the tram access which isn't too far at all." Asia turned back to the ship, only to burst out laughing as Tabby brought her arms around Korius' seat and kissed his cheek.
"That was amazing, Mr Lambent," she whispered.

"We're almost there," said Salvus, as they trudged through the snow. In the blinding conditions, faint shadows could be seen up ahead. "See? The door's right there, lets go!" He began to jog through the slush as the cold beat against him. Reaching the end of the tramline, he pulled at a side maintenance hatch. "They keep these things heated to avoid freezing over," he said, as the door pulled away with a hiss as steam poured from its cracks.

"Well now, I do apologise, princess," the bear said with a smile. "I wasn't thinkin' proper." Behind them all, Colonel Crow ranted and raved.
"Let me out! I ain't done nothing! I kill you all! Let me out! This toilet's so small. I wanna see the sky, I need to feel the air. SHOW ME THE STARS!" Max looked back and sighed.
"You couldn't calm 'im down a might, could ya?" he asked

Over the skies of Skeeva, the engineering crew cheered.
"Sir, we've done it!" cried the chief engineer down the comm. Commodore Kali reclined in his chair with a grin,
"Right then, Lieutenant, set a course for Serra Draconis, jump as fast and as hard as possible. We'll sort this web of ignorance out." The lieutenant looked back at the Commodore's words, figuring them in his head. Eventualy he passed it off and began the jump along with the rest of the functioning armada.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2010, 12:26:00 AM »
Howl raised an eyebrow. "You want to go into that, even with all the steam? I think the heat would be far too immense to go through..."
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 12:33:09 AM by HowlTheGrayWolf »
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2010, 12:32:31 AM »
"Oh for GOD'S SAKE!" Salvus grabbed Howl's armour and hurled him into the complex, closing the door behind them. The room they were in was much warmer, allowing Salvus to pull off his heavy coat, leaving it on the floor behind him. With  hands on his knees he panted, grabbing all the air he could. "See, we made it. So where was it you wanted to go? I'll know every room in this place, I'll show you where to go."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2010, 12:36:21 AM »
"Well, I don't know information about the people, but I will know them when I see 'em. Let's stay on the first floor, they should meet us there." With that said, Howl raised his gun and scanned crept up to the door leading to the other rooms. "Do you think Delta forces are here?"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2010, 01:06:31 AM »
Korius did his best to brush Tabby off of him. He unbuckled himself after he finally got her off. He called in response to Asia, "Alright, but you're taking us." Korius tossed Asia his weapons while checking his own, and walked out with the dampening case. He handed it to Asia as they met up and the hatch closed behind them as they made their way down the crooked steps of the building. He connected his PDA to his shades and did a quick scan. Good. It's still stable enough to walk on. As they reached their destination, the door was jammed. Korius pushed the others back as he bent his knees a bit, about to draw his sword. "Okay, stand back, mates." He squeezed the two small pressure buttons under the hilt as he drew the blade and in a blazing speed, made two long cuts like a sideways V, squeezed the buttons again, and sheathed the sword again. The cuts had went through both wall and door, and the door fell to the ground in 3 pieces. "Lead the way."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2010, 08:56:44 AM »
The female Triffid enforcer pulled off her helmet with a sigh, throwing it down she walked over to the toilet cubicle and hammered on the door

"Crow! if you dont shut up this second, i swear i'l tell ever'one here the story of how ya really got that scar you old coot!"
With that Crow shut up that very second, it seemed the scar in mention was in a rather unfortunate place and a tender subject for the Colonel.

Turning away from the cubicle back to max the triffid enforcer winked, brushing her medium length brown hair from her eyes as she pulled off her carapace body plate. "th'names Kate, ya can thank me later... Princess..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »
Salvus walked over to a map posted on the wall for those on the tram.
"Well, nobody tends to meet here, your friends should be in the next room." He turned to the door at his left and pressed at the wall, opening it to Howl. Afterward, he walked over to the Tram systems control, sealing the area. The door that opened led to the room Asia and Korius stood. Tabby jogged up behind them, looked around to scope the place out. The rabbit moved forward and called out to Howl.
"Hey, do you know a guy named Leon?"

Max bowed to Kate with a smile. "Y'all should all get some rest now. We wont reach Dracky tonight, but it won't be long."
"I'll stick down here," said Alain as he side by the Crow's room. "Keep watch on him, you know?"
"Was just gonna suggest the same, alright night boys... and Kate," Max said with a smile as he climbed the stairs and left the room. The Lynx walked past him by the door and stood upon the catwalk, watching over the soldiers.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2010, 10:38:25 AM »
All the Triffid enforcers had fallen asleep within ten minutes, exhausted, they had taken the opportunity for the first real sleep in weeks and where all spread out across backpacks or each other as they slept... All except Kitt who sat with his back against the wall of the carrier, flicking through a datapad of photos.

He flicked through a miriad of group and single photos, all of Kitt and his team as greenhorn recruits, out at a nightclub.... wiping a tear from the corner of his eye he looked up at the sound of movement from the groups of soldiers... Kate was watching him closely through bleary eyes...
"hey, you alright Kid?"
Kitt nodded hurriedly, shoving the datapad back into his backpack. Kate fixed him with a steely eye..
"oh no... you show me what you got there, then we can get you back to sleep.. you been fightin' long, same as all of us... you... and me need sleep, and i aint sleepin' till you sleep Kid..."

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2010, 10:47:28 AM »
Colonel Crow sat back upon the toilet and stared upwards, looking at the ceiling. He stared and stared, squinting to look deeper, harder, to look beyond the ceiling, to look above.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2010, 04:52:53 PM »
Howl lowered his gun, a frown was displayed upon his face. "Yes, we were friends.....but those bloody Delta Enforcers killed him before I could save him. Now I'm here to take his place." He walked up to Asia. "I'm Howl, and this is Salvus..." He nodded towards him. "...could you introduce yourself and the rest of your group?"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.