The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shadow of Chernobyl  (Read 12121 times)

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Gray and White
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 176 Pounds
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Insane
Shadow of Chernobyl
« on: February 07, 2010, 12:44:33 AM »
Welcome to The Zone! This RP is based on the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and is designed to be played through the average STALKER's viewpoint. So have fun, stay away from anomalies, and watch out for mutants!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Arrant walked down the street, whistling tunelessly until he came across a small camp. He put his handgun away and walked down the trail into the camp, and walked through, the loners watching him suspiciously as he passes. He gets to the end of the camp and sees a small bunker coming from the ground, and walks toward it. As he takes steps down, he accidently turns into a confused looking STALKER, and steps back, watching him pass. He continues down and up to a small desk with a fat man leaning against it.
"Marked One," the man said, turning around, "I just sent you out a couple of seconds ago. Hurry up before... What is this? A new STALKER...?" The short person eyed him up and down, judging the wolf.
Arrant leaned against the wall. "I need someone to tell me something about this place. Maybe get a job, too."
The man dismissed Arrant. "I've already given someone a mission. If you really want to learn about this place, go talk to one of the locals. They should tell you all you need to know."
Arrant walked out, back out near the camp. He followed the trail back to the street, looking down it for other STALKERs.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
Re: Shadow of Chernobyl
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 02:58:55 PM »
On the lonely road leading to the small camp, a car went down it at a slow speed, carrying Howl and a couple other people. When they got to the camp, all the men jumped out except for the driver. He looked to Howl and said, "Good luck, mate. I hope your research will amount to something out here." Howl nodded, "Don't worry, Jonathan; I'll be fine. Take care." Jonathan smiled, turned around then drove back the road. With the other men already in the camp, Howl walked in, looking around. "Well, first I'm going to need some supplies before I conduct research in this god-forsaken place..." He stood in the center of the camp, trying to find a place to go to first. Some people walked by him, giving Howl a bad look and kept going.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 03:01:24 PM by HowlTheGrayWolf »
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 04:37:55 PM »
Arrant saw the car coming and got down off the road, standing next to the trail as the car went through. Arrant walked back into camp as the car was driving, and saw an exceptional STALKER standing in the middle of the camp. "Hello there, STALKER. I am Arrant, new to this place. I'm not sure about the people here, but as long as you keep your gun holstered nobody complains."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 04:57:12 PM »
On the outskirts of another camp, a naked, silver wolf struggled into the camp and collapsed. The look-outs noticed and quickly ran to his aid. The people of the camp began nursing him as best they could. 2 days later, he awoke and the 2 guards watched him carefully. He tried to get up, but found himself strapped to the cot. One of the guards left and came back with an officer. Korius looked up at the officer, his eyes a sparkling yellow. The officer merely scoffed and sat by Korius on the chair and began to talk, "You are wondering why we have strapped you down, aren't you? Can you speak? Do you understand what I say?" Korius growled a little, feeling uneasy and irritated by the situation. "Is this how you treat all your guests?" The officer chuckled to himself, "Most interesting. You see, when our medical team was treating you, we noticed that you are a mutant. However, you are the first that we came across that could speak or understand speech. You are coherent, you dream, and it appears you even still know love of someone special. We have decided to experiment on you and see what makes you so different."

An anger welled up instantly inside Korius and he growled at the officer and snapped his jaws at him. The officer laughed and walked towards the tent's door. "Hahahaha! You should be happy. Your sacrifice will possibly mean stronger soldiers to protect the Zone, and even possibly cure it of this disease of an accident." Korius's anger grew as he growled more. His consciousness slowly left him, his sight blacking out. All heard before completely went under, was the tearing of his flesh, the screaming of guards and people, and gunfire...

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 06:24:23 PM »
Howl turned to Arrant in surprise when he greeted him; his guard was completely down. "Oh, hello. I'm Howl, and yes, I'm also new to this place. Don't worry about these guns, I'm just here to conduct research on common mutants, in hopes of finding some cures. Also, I am an expert in astronomy, but I doubt it'll come in handy here..."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 06:36:55 PM »
As Korius regained his consciousness, he found himself breathing heavily, holding the officer by the throat, already dead. He threw down the officer's body and looked around him. Dead bodies were strewn everywhere, small fires starting in some of the tents and a pool of blood soaking slowly into the soil. He thought to himself, "Did I do this? What is this feeling?" He grunted as his head hurt. Visions of the slaughter ran through his mind's eye. He saw and heard the camp people getting cut up, torn up, and gutted. A person in peculiar clothing was there, it was a STALKER. The stalker had shot at him, but the bullets moved almost in slow motion and time had seemed to slow down. He was able to dodge them.

Korius snapped back to reality. He remembered hearing his flesh tearing. He checked his body, nothing. What was going on? He walked around, looking for any survivors. As he came across the main medical tent, he couldn't help but walk in. He found one of the dead doctors and noticed he was clutching onto a video disc. Out of curiosity, Korius picked it up and put it in a nearby working laptop. The video depicted doctors after they had rescued him, apparently they record all medical things. He watched as they checked him and cut him open. When they discovered his mutation, they began digging more and more, treating him like some stupid science class lab. In anger, Korius growled and punched his fist right through the laptop, into the table. To his surprise, it didn't hurt. And even more surprising, a blade stuck out of his forearm. He started playing with it, running it along the tent, then tables and some metal objects. Amazing.

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 07:19:13 PM »
"Heh, have fun finding a cure. I've read some of the books of the Zone, and some of these mutants are pretty deadly... Some of these things affect your mind, some of them super fast running hunters that have tentacles and claws, and the things that aren't bad mostly run in packs. And when I passed the military barricade, I heard rumor of a new mutant. I haven't seen any of these in person, but from what I've read this place is evil. What I have seen, though, is a dog getting sucked up into the air out of nowhere and blowing up. I doubt this is really a place for research." Arrant looked around nervously. "By the looks of it, I'd better hope those books were wrong..."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 07:24:36 PM »
"Well, I've still got to try. If it's unsuccessful, I can always become a part of the soldiers faction and defend this little encampment." Howl thought for a moment, "Wait, what do you mean an new mutant is running around? Where did you hear that?"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 07:55:47 PM »
Korius experimented for a good hour, and now he can control the blades. He found he could even shape them. He explored the camp in search of clothes and weapons. He came across a large number of weapons, but all of them unusable, either mangled  or cut up. He found an old chest in a tent near the edge of town. Apparently some people had pillaged some of the deserted towns nearby. He found some black leathers and boots that seemed to strike his fancy and wore them. As he left the town, he heard a small click. He turned just in time to see a guard that was still alive shoot at him. He panicked and waited for the worst, but when the  bullet fired, he noticed that it sounded odd. He opened his eyes and realized that time seemed to slow down, like in his vision of the massacre. His body  burned and excitement flooded his head. "Yes, this is it. This is the feeling I need to control this." He stepped to the side and the bullet zipped right past. The guard couldn't believe what he saw and shot again, and watched in horror as the figure he shot would instantly displace elsewhere, leaving a shadow where he had shot. He screamed as he was picked up by the neck and was instantly silenced as he neck was snapped. Korius pulled the gun from the man's hand and pocketed it, a beretta 98. Right before he threw the man down, he noticed in his reflection in the man's shades that his eyes glowed, and  crimson red at that. "Nice shades. I'm sure you won't be needing them anymore." Korius plucked the glasses from the man's face and threw him away like trash.

He snarled a little as he put on the shades. He went back into the camp and searched for ammunition and came across a black case in the armory tent. In curiosity, he opened up the box. Inside, he found another video disc. He searched the other tents for a laptop and eventually found one that still worked. He popped in the disc and sat back, loading cartridges into the clip of the Beretta. It showed the military medical teams evacuating various cities and towns. Finally, it came to his home town and he leaned forward and opened the volume higher. There, in the footage, was his wife. The van had passed by her as the roof of the old-folks home collapsed over her and trapped her inside. She reached out from the cracks screaming for help, her fur already drenched in a lot of her blood. One of the medical team opened the door, but the others dissuaded him from going out, saying she was far from saving her. He couldn't bare anymore and kicked the small stand with the laptop through the tent. "They let my wife die, and left me for dead. Then they tear me open and experimented on me. They will pay. They will all die." He walked out of the camp, angry and ready to kill. He's already killed 3 STALKERS that were in this camp, and now he can even dodge bullets.  He has nothing to lose.

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 09:31:08 PM »
"The new mutant? I told you, the outpost I passed on the way in was talking about it. You say that you are here for research...? Here, take this PDA. I found it on a dead bandit near the military outpost. There is a mobile research shelter somewhere around here. I believe it is some past a small town called "The Bar". Perhaps we can go their together, I've come here looking for artifacts from 'anomalies', they're worth quite a lot. Although...some of the anomalies are dangerous... Not to mention, mutants rampage everywhere. Some of them have paranormal powers, while some just come in packs. I saw the Bloodsucker in the book... that thing is just scary man..." He pulls out a sausage and takes a bite from it, opening up some Kossacks Vodka. "The food here is actually pretty good, and it's pretty good to pop open a vodka every now and then. They get rid of radiation, suprisingly."

((Btw, I forgot to add a faction in the OOC board, look for an update.))

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 10:08:51 PM »
Korius made his way through the rugged terrain alone. As he approached the next camp, where STALKERS pretty much flock, he noticed 2 limping figures heading towards the camp. The guards yelled an alert and began shooting the mutants, but the mutants got closer and closer. So as not to arouse suspicion on himself, Korius ran at normal speed and tackled the first one on his right, just narrowly missing getting shot. Then he quickly tripped the other one with a powerful kick from behind. He grunted as his boots clanked from the impact. It's bones were hard. Next thing he knew, he was getting thrown into the camp by the one he just tackled. He landed hard, making it seem he was normal, and got back up, emptying his clip to the face of the one with the hard bones, getting a couple shots into its eye sockets and killed it. The guards screamed as the other one mauled into one of the guards, ripping him open with its monstrously huge clawed hands.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 10:17:40 PM »
"That sounds like a good idea, I wouldn't mind having a friend to accompany me." When Arrant took out the vodka, Howl smiled. "Ah, mind if I have-" Suddenly, he heard gunshots and a scream as a mutant ripped open a guard. "My god...should we help them?"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 11:03:32 PM »
Arrant looked to saw a novice STALKER getting battered by a strange man. He got everyone to follow him down the trail, trunning into the small underground bunker, waiting for everyone to get in before closing it. "Get in! What is that thing?! I've never seen a mutant like that"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 11:14:20 PM »
Korius followed the people to the bunker, emptying another clip from his Beretta at the giant-armed mutant. The mutant blocked with its arms, Korius's .38's not getting through. He dove into the bunker with the rest of the people. "What the hell is that thing!?"

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 11:47:23 PM »
Arrant ran forward from the bunker, pulling out his sub machine gun and letting lose a clip of bullets. Wolf (the only veteran STALKER at the camp) goes up behind him with a knife and impales it in the back while it's distracted, knocking it to the floor. Arrant reloaded his sub-machine gun and walked out of the bunker. He looked around, and continued out when he heard dogs barking. "BLIND DOGS!" he yelled, running to the nearby house, climbing up the ladder into the attic, taking aim at the oncoming mutants. As the dogs neared, he noticed an especially dark, rugged wolf, which leaped on a STALKER and killed him immediatly. Arrant climbed out of one of the holes in the celiing and got up on the roof, taking aim and sniping as many dogs as he could.