The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shadow of Chernobyl  (Read 12130 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Re: Shadow of Chernobyl
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2010, 02:43:59 AM »
"Who's the other guy now?" Asked Dimitri, clearly confused at the mention of Howl, whom he had never seen before.

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Gray and White
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 176 Pounds
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Insane
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2010, 02:46:23 AM »
"Well we can't go south, I was told by a outpost down there that as soon as I came in I wasn't going back. And by the heavy fence they have, I think they mean it. Wherever it is, our best bet is to go to The 900 Rads Bar. I hear they also have a good merchant there. I could *really* use some new gear. These dog tails I picked up might be worth something. And Howl's the guy hovering over the dog corpse over there." He pointed over west, further into the camp.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2010, 02:52:01 AM »
As the four figures converse below, a lone gunman on a nearby hill lines up a shot on the most heavily armed of the troupe through the scope of his rifle. "Hmm... Interesting lot... I wonder what they're up to..." On the off-chance they decide to send out some kind of transmission, he flips the radio on his shoulder to a passive scan mode.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2010, 02:53:58 AM »
As he listened to Arrant speak, he thought to himself. Well not if I have a say in it. We're heading south to that facility if I have to kill the outpost a little earlier. I need to get rid of all the facilities first, before I can move forward. He looked over to Arrant, "Well, in any case, that's where I heard that mobile facility has moved onto. It won't be leaving there for another month, and that's the only facility within the Zone for the time-being. The next two coming in next week are all going to be on the other side of the zone, more than 20KM to the northeast."

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2010, 02:59:40 AM »
"Other two...?" he looked questionally at the mutant. How much does this STALKER exactly know? "Well I'm not one to aggrovate the military..."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 03:01:42 AM by Arrant »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2010, 03:37:50 AM »
Korius sighed, "The military decided after the construction of my facility, that mobile facilities were better suited for the Zone. So, aside from running the perm facility, we constantly rotate in mobile facilities with fresh supplies and equipment. We usually keep it so that we have 3 in The Zone at a time. Because of the proximity of the main facility, this side of The Zone gets 1 mobile, while we launch the other two on the other side."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2010, 08:55:48 PM »
Getting up, Howl smiled at the new STALKER. "Ah...so you've offered your assistance, have you...mister Detov? I overheard you guys talking and decided to present myself. I am Howl, biological and cosmic scientist, at your service." He held out his hand. "Sorry for not joining in earlier, but I was intrigued by the bone and skin structure of the canine-like mutants." He paused for a moment. "Also, I'd like to agree with Arrant, we could use some better gear, this light vest won't serve me too well in future encounters." 
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2010, 09:10:32 PM »
Korius did not like the idea at all. Bugger!! He kept his composure and simply smiled. "Well then, I guess that settles it. Now, what say we get some early shut-eye and be out of here by 8am, eh?"[/i] Korius stretched and yawned, looking for a guest-specified tent to sleep in.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2010, 10:37:07 PM »
Seeing one of the Pseudodogs still stir, Dimitri walked over to it and made a shushing sound. "Relax little doggie, It'll be over soon, and then you'll be in Doggie Heaven... that sounds nice don't it?" He said walking up to the dog

The whimpering hound quieted it's moans, it offered no resistance, finding solace in his words. Scratching the dog behind it's ears, he cried a tear as he snapped the dog's neck to put it out of it's misery, for his flamethrower would've taken longer for the dog to pass on. He didn't let on that he cried a little.
"Pleased to meet you Mister Howl, a scientist huh... tell me what causes these dogs to attack humans, the ol' saying is 'A dog is a man's best friend' Well these things aren't very friendly to humans, I mean look at this place"
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:57:36 PM by Gabag »

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2010, 01:02:53 AM »
Arrant stepped up beside Gabag. "They're mutants. The only friendly mutants around here are Fleshs, mutated pigs, and even they sometimes attack. The worst I've ever virtually met are boars. They're like normal boards but as big and with as much muscle as an ox." He drank some more of his vodka, noticing his supply was starting to run low. "I noticed you're one of the few people who doesn't raise his rifle and yell when someone different walks up. I'm sure we'll get along just fine on the trail." He looked around the environment, chuckling slightly, "Well, on maybe more of a radioactive wasteland, but nevertheless you're company is welcomed by me."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2010, 01:15:56 AM »
"I don't truly know the reason for their aggression. It could be from un-domestication since their separation from an owner, or the mutations in the brain could make them misinterpret friend from foe. I'd have to have a live specimen and do tests on it to find out more." He looked at the dog and sighed. "I love dogs and other canines with all my heart, it is a shame to see them in their current state...that's why I want to find a cure for this horrid affliction...anyway: I would love to have you in our group, it's good to see an optimistic man such as yourself walk these lands and still keep in happiness." 
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2010, 01:53:27 AM »
Korius folded his arms. For one who's been in The Zone for as long as you, you sure are stupid and clueless. He smiled, "Indeed. having 3 STALKERs around would definitely be more secure and safer to travel the Zone with. *yawn* Well, in any case, Arrant. I can't find a place to stay. All the tents seem to be taken. Can I stay with you?"

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2010, 01:56:59 AM »
Dimitri may be stupid, but he has a big heart, and a love of KILLING THINGS WITH FIRE!!!

"Well I'm glad you guys allowed me to join! But now I must leave camp to go strolling!" he said matter o factly

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2010, 02:07:53 AM »
"Don't worry, there are a few buildings around here, and they're so ruined I would be suprised anyone would care if you sat on a torn up mattress and slept." He looked at all the mutants on the ground. "Most of the creatures here are normal Blind Dogs, and a little gunfire form the guards will scare a small group off. Well, so I've read, I noticed a few Boars and Fleshs on the road to here. In any case, if trouble sparks up the guards' shooting will wake us up and either they'll kill enemies or give us enough time to gear up and either run or get ready for another fight. Then again, veteran and expert STALKERs are another story..."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2010, 02:18:07 AM »
Korius faked a shiver at the thought of the mutated boars when Arrant mentioned them. "Brrrr... you know, normal boars are already hard enough to kill. Back in the old days, father and I would catch these boars in traps and then kill them. We would empty 40 9mm shells and 8 buck shots into their heads and they still would be very wild and active. I'd hate to get caught with my pants down by a mutant one."