The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shadow of Chernobyl  (Read 12129 times)

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Gray and White
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 176 Pounds
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Insane
Re: Shadow of Chernobyl
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2010, 02:40:05 AM »
"Well I saw one die from a whirlgig anomaly, so I'm sure they're not all that tough. Though that doesn't mean I'd like to meet one, they're pretty big."

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2010, 02:43:24 AM »
Whistling as he walked to the other side of the camp, he spotted a pseudodog, rummaging around through the trash.
Smiling under his helmet he pointed his flamethrower at the critter and let loose a jet of flame, the dog started scampering too and fro, being burned alive as he kept his aim on it.

As it was burning he began to hum to himself, inaudible over the creature's whining and shrieking, and the hum of his weapon.

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2010, 02:59:33 AM »
Arrant stopped as he heard a dog in pain in the distance. "It's about time we get inside, the houses should protect us decently." He walked past the nearby campfire, the Russian music coming from a STALKERs guitar slightly perking him up as he walked down the short tunnel to an underground room, where he found a nice spot on a couch in very poor condition and flopped down on it, holding his SMG out, letting it rest on his stomach, holding on to it firmly so nobody takes it in his sleep.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2010, 03:03:07 AM »
After immolating the hound, Dimitri opened the door to a house and settled in.
A 3 room per floor house, not too shabby. But the bedrooms and couches were already taken by some other STALKERS. Rather then make an issue about it, he decided to sleep on the washing machine in the Laundry room. Not very comfortable, but then you didn't need to be in a wasteland.
Opening up his backpack he took out his flute. He had fond memories of this instrument as well, it being a gift from his father.
Inscribed on it was "To Dimitri with Love, Daddy"

He took off his mask, and began to play a little bit.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2010, 03:05:23 AM »
Korius sat at the edge of the couch that Arrant laid on and closed his eyes. The memories of his slaughter of the outpost ran across his mind's eye and made him smile as he drifted off to sleep, keeping his right hand in his coat, on his 98 Beretta that's in a shoulder holster.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2010, 03:28:08 PM »
After cleaning his ak47 for a while, Howl took out a mat and laid underneath the stars, on the top of a vacant guard tower. Pointing out all the constellations of stars to himself. Every once and a while, he'd look down and make sure nothing was coming towards the outpost. "If only I had some type of telescope to look at these stars properly...oh well. I'm here for the mutants, not cosmology." Howl said to himself. "I'll need to get some real research equipment if I want to make any progress, and the wastelands aren't exactly inviting, so it'll be hard to find what I need."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2010, 01:42:18 AM »
Having waited long enough listening to static and sporadic comm traffic, the STALKER wandered through the street of the shanty town looking for a building with a fire escape or something that he could climb. Finding nothing, he moves to the most stable-looking building he could find, which was no doubt serving as the area STALKER HQ. Passing all manner of fellow wastelanders, he finds himself a corner and curls up for some much-needed sleep.

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2010, 01:53:35 AM »
Arrant stirred slightly, opening a single eye to see a Loner shaking him awake. When his concious cleared, he heard the STALKER was yelling "Mercs!" and shot up in the couch, jumping off and out into the cold morning, running up to Wolf. Pulling out his SMG, he asked what was going on. "Mercenaries... Yesterday before you arrived we've been threatened to move out before they force us out. They want our little camp. A rookie STALKER just ran into camp, screaming out a warning that would put Revere to shame." Arrant immediatly climbed the ladder right to the right of Wolf, getting a good sniping position. Looking down he noticed a backpack. Looking inside he found a small Gravi artifact. A stash? I heard of these... Well, it's cheap but it's profit... He suddenly snapped back to attention as he heard Wolf yell. "Alright, everyone hide, only attack when I say so. We want to get them by full suprise, so stay low so they think we've left!"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 02:07:04 AM by Arrant »

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2010, 01:59:55 AM »
Hearing all the commotion about Mercs, Dimitri decided his current location in the laundry room was tucked well enough away.
Shaking his head to get rid of the haze of sleep, he checked his flamethrower, and it had ample gas.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2010, 03:08:35 AM »
Korius had already smelt the intruders and snuck away as everyone began gathering elsewhere for their surprise attack. He went over to one of the missing windows and slid down the fire-escape without being noticed. He opened the back door and carefully placed his coat underneath a pile of rubble. He ran straight over to and over the wall, and running out into the darkness, towards the source of the scent of the mercenaries. Apparently, they divided into two groups. Bloody hell. Can't get the forward group without getting seen by the settlement. Might as well get the second group and hope they all kill each other. Hope these mercs can at least lighten my work a bit. He circled around and walked slowly up behind the second group. "Evening, gentlemen. Good night to die, isn't it?" The men were surprised and quickly whipped around. Korius quickly rushed the closest one and held his hand in front of him like a chop but thrusted the hand straight through the merc's chest and out his back. Korius backed off as they fired, using the dead body as a shield, not wanting to waste energy in using his super-speed. At least not yet.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 01:17:53 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2010, 03:19:38 AM »
(Aren't the Mercs of STALKER highly trained and well equipped PMCs?)

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2010, 03:23:10 AM »
Arrant saw firing in the distance, and sprinted toward it, using bush and rock to avoid detection from all as he snuck up on the fight.

((Mercs are sometimes highly trained. Although they aren't really all experts, though many are, and at the area the camp is at there are very few and cheap anomalies, as it is far from the center of the zone. As such, very many STALKERs near the camp are rookies. Although, STALKERs like the guy in the bunker and the veteran Wolf hand around to point rookies in the right direction.))

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2010, 04:07:47 AM »
The cries of battle were enough to stir the sleeping dog, who promptly rose and sought a half-decent vantage point to hit them from. He settled on the hill from earlier, sacrificing some protection for the view. His rifles supressor rendered his first shot all but silent, at least until it shattered the skull and helmet of the lead mercenary of the first wave. Though not a great accomplishment on it's own, the sniper thought psychogical damage could be as fatal as any wound. Of course, he only had another nine shots...

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2010, 05:03:17 AM »
Korius threw the dead body at the others as they reloaded and extended blades from his arms again, weaving them through the fabric and coming together to form a larger blade. He weaved through the crowd, slicing and double slicing the unsuspecting soldiers. One of them yelled, "It's a mu...!" Korius quickly beheaded the noisy rat. However, as he turned around, he found a gun pointed at him. Oh, bloody hell. I guess I have no choice now. Maybe I can limit it to just short bursts to just dodge the bullets. And that was exactly what he did. Every time he heard or saw a shot, he would heat up his body and he would be the shadow that couldn't be shot. The men screamed as Korius ran rampant, cutting up the opposition. He breathed heavily over their dead bodies, holding the two halves of his final victim in his hands.

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2010, 03:15:52 PM »
Seeing as how many mercs were coming into the camp and other STALKERs were already on the scene, Howl decided it was best to give supporting fire. Aiming down the sights of his ak-47, he managed to pick off some men in the first wave. Immediately after they saw him, bullets flew over Howls head, so he ducked down from all the gunfire.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.