The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Ask the Kat  (Read 3410 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Ask the Kat
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2010, 04:24:22 PM »
just a more polite way of saying, I don't want to imagine what would classify as a rave out here.

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2010, 04:27:38 PM »
I see. Ok then.
What if you got a free year supply of doughnuts for going to a rave? Would you go then?
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2010, 04:28:54 PM »
No, I probably wouldn't. I usually only go to pick up women, and I already have Vee. Furthermore, I'd be afraid to go, cuz this is Maine... country-folks who have raves should be questioned and interrogated.

that's weird, I thought the East was party central (although Rave would probably translate to all nighter party with techno music, New York has a couple of 'em)

Any styles of Martial Arts you want to learn in particular, or generally intrest you? (besides the ones you practice)

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2010, 04:47:41 PM »
No. As much as I love doughnuts, I wouldn't want them everyday.

No, I probably wouldn't. I usually only go to pick up women, and I already have Vee. Furthermore, I'd be afraid to go, cuz this is Maine... country-folks who have raves should be questioned and interrogated.

that's weird, I thought the East was party central (although Rave would probably translate to all nighter party with techno music, New York has a couple of 'em)

Any styles of Martial Arts you want to learn in particular, or generally intrest you? (besides the ones you practice)

Actually, there is one in particular, and I've already taken a semester's worth of lessons. Aikido. The only element of martial arts that I have never practiced and is the polar opposite of every other martial arts.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2010, 08:26:50 AM »
Long time no ask questions, hur hur. Anyway. Like yours and Vee's new avis, there cool. Though I like Vee's more cause of the protruding fangs, I find that appealing on furries. :3

Have you ever been hurt by someone or hurt someone(Seriously) during your martial arts practicing?

Do you have any belts? Black belt, brown belt, etc.

Can you do a back flip with out any assistance with elevation?

Have you read my story in progress? I'd really love to hear your input, I just finished and added chapter two of it. http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=11203.msg466119#new

You packin' any heat?

When are you going to accept my friend request on steam? I added you a couple days ago. Atleast I think it's you...Do you like in Maine?  :S It has to be you...I saw your group "Weapons of Fate". My logic is undeniable!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:40:05 AM by Srgntcuddles »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2010, 12:49:26 PM »
During practice? Let's see. I've been hurt once by my master during a lesson on Japanese sword techniques in Hokken. What would've probably broken the average person's entire rib cage, broke 2 of my ribs (only time in my life I've ever had a full fracture). That was about 1 1/2 years ago. The only other time was in 3rd grade during TC lessons when I was getting my first bow staff lesson. Short version, I ended up chipping my bottom rib on the right side. It wasn't a full fracture, but yea. In tournies every year, I pretty much get my arms dislocated every time I ever fought 9th and 10th degree Black Belts in TKD (It's amazing, the difference between 7th degree- to 8th degree+). It's nothing new, but it still hurts.
Hurting others seriously? Umm.... well, back when I was 18, during my second year as Head Sempai and Master's Assistant, they rewrote the waiver for lessons because I lost my cool with my students (always get the arrogant rich brats who think they're unbeatable after watching 1 kungfu movie). My 22 students left early, 2 were bed-ridden for 1 week and 1 was actually in the hospital for 2 days. Of course, I wasn't sued because the original waiver states we're not responsible for "injury". However, the new one even covers "Possible incapacitation and/or death" (rewritten after that incident). I was severely reprimanded by my master (She was my master since I was 3) and let's just say I lost my position as Head Sempai for like a month, wasn't hard to get it back.

I am a disciple, so I'm not under the belt system, even though the people who pay for the lessons do. As a disciple you go through training with the belts, but you go further than they do and learn more. But my position is Head Sempai/Master's Assistant (literal translation is Master's Hand). Similar to a 10th degree, I guess you can say. Now as for the paying students, they are people who really either don't have the potential and/or the heart to take it all the way, so those people are the "commercial" students, not disciples. It's similar with my Hokken master, but there are no "commercial" students there. He's very well off, so he actually only takes disciples. The test is ridiculous. Again, for Hokken, I am also Head Sempai, and this one, we don't have a belt system.

Backflip? I used to. But after the military, I've been very top-heavy, and my muscle structure changed drastically, so not anymore (Now 32 waist and 42 chest).

I've been reading from time to time, but I'm juggling quite a few things, but after a few more, I'll start writing some comments via PM.

No, I do not own any personal guns. Money that could have been spent on that was spent on SCUBA gear, a SureFire flashlight, computer games, extra uniforms, starch, food, and my DS +accessories/games.

Weapons of Fate has long since disbanded. My new clan is here: godslastarmycss.webs.com
I'll accept your friend request when I sign into Steam next, when I'm done BETA testing DBO.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2010, 06:40:51 PM »
Got any pointy objects then?

Do you sleep with pajamas? Or...Nothing? :o

What is your favorite food?

Top 3 characters in your RPs? (Yeah, I'm waiting for my honorable mention, rawr. :P)

When joining RPs, do you take names from your books? Or other stories you've written?

Do you swear on a regular basis?

When do you go to bed usually?

What color is you hair!?

What size shoe do you wear?!?!

If you couldn't tell my the last two, I am running out of questions. I also asked your shoe size because recently I was talking to someone and everything I told him, he passed on to someone else. I then asked him "You gonna tell him your shoe size too?!". I felt it would be funny and ironic.  o.O

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2010, 07:13:20 PM »
A pencil, lol. No, I know you mean weapons. I have a collection 3 special hand-crafted butterfly knives: One from Germany, One from Brazil and One from Italy.
I have a katana and a sakabatou (reverse-blade katana).
I also have 2 Chinese straight blades: one is normal, with a highly decorated, blue handle and sheath. The other is a custom extended blade that's 3 inches longer than standard and has a wooden scabbard and handle. Both have a golden hilt and gold linings 16kt.
I have 2 combat knives that I personally dismantled and molded my own handle for the blade, so that it's both CQC ready as well as throwable if necessary.
Finally, I have 2 switch-blades that I have dismantled and customized with tighter screws and a stronger spring.
(All my knives are specially sharpened with a special kit I have for that)

Before this last Christmas, no, but I got PJ pants the depict tigers and dragons, so I wear those at night, now. Naked? Used to sleep in the nude all the time, up until this last October.

Food? Oh, that's a tough one. But generically speaking, Chicken. Anything that has chicken, I love it.

Hmmm... in out of all my RP's. 1) Kiana 2) White (Kin Chronicles) 3) Railu

No, I use the names from Characters I've created over the years. There's Shinzuu, Korius (Shinzuu's half-brother), Lorazys (Shinzuu's half-sister. Original was named Hitomi), Soria (RPG Female Sorceress name), Valius (RPG Warrior Name), Valia (Same as Valius, but female), Lazaryos (RPG and DnD Warlock/Sorcerer).

If I lose my cool or under stress, yes.

Depends on when my insomnia decides to give up.

Black.

10 1/2 Wide or 11 Wide. Depends on the brand.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2010, 11:03:04 PM »
Yay, you picked one of mine! :D

Why Railu?

Make it out okay after Vee saw the post?

Do you have any scars?

Ever hospitalized?

Injured on the battlefield?

EVER CUT A MAN'S ARM OFF?!

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2010, 11:15:44 PM »
Because of how he looks and his chain.

Yea, she loved it.

I only have 2 that are still visible. I used to have had more than 30 different scars on my body from training, but those were removed by my ex-dermatologist while they were still within 2 weeks old.

Once, in 8th grade. It was on the infamous 8th grade camping trip that took place 3 months after the 8th grade DC trip. I got bitten by a mosquito at around 830am CST, and it grew to the point of my skin tearing by 9am CST. The teachers freaked so badly, they rushed me to the ER with a girl who broke her leg on the ropes course. The two of us were forced to stay there the whole day until supper. They actually hooked an IV to me because even though they gave me a strong, hospital-only benedryl (250 grams), the infection had bloated my hand even more, and I was losing fluids like crazy.

Only time I've ever been on the battlefield was to deliver soldiers, weapons and supplies. The only "injury" I ever got was diarrhea from eating lunch there, and not my freeze-dried rations.

No.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2010, 06:25:17 AM »
Guess you didn't need to barricade your door after all.

Do you have a TV?

What's your favorite show?

Do you shower before you go to bed? Or when you get up?

...I'd put more...But I juts got amigrane, I can barely see straight. Gonna turn in early. -.-

Offline Ruffie Tealet

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Gingertom84 is King.
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis Familiaris Borealis - The Canadian Esquimaux Husky
  • Coloring: Snow white fur with a blend of Teal & Violet markings.
  • Height: 180cm / 5 ft 11"
  • Weight: 63kg
  • Build: Toned Lean
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2010, 01:49:26 PM »
Umm you mentioned you are asian. But you didnt mention which ethnicity you are, you ruled out Japanese. So im guessing either chinese,korean or taiwanese?

^ Click and turn off volume :( (its bad)

Aims to keep Super Happy Horror!- Super Happy!

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2010, 02:39:12 PM »
No, I do not, though there is a usable one in front of my room, it has no AV jacks.

I would have to say Gundam 00. But if anime doesn't count as shows, I would have to say Two and a Half Men.

Used to be both, but now it's just when I get up.

Umm you mentioned you are asian. But you didnt mention which ethnicity you are, you ruled out Japanese. So im guessing either chinese,korean or taiwanese?
I am Chinese. Specifically from Hong Kong. My family tree has been traced back all the way to a little over 300 years ago. Though my mother's side has quite a bit of Royal Guards, all my ancestors originated from the GuanZhou Province. So I guess you can say I'm almost a Hong Kong Pure Bred.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2010, 08:45:01 PM »
Hmm.......

Would you mind if I asked you very personal questions? That reguarding your sex life.
Have you ever lost a limb? Toe, arm, finger, etc.
Ever fear for your life?
Have you ever had a near death experience? If so, explain?
If you asked me one question, what would it be?
Would you be wierded out if I said I love you?
What kind of hair style do you have?
Any pets?
What kind of furry are you?
What digimon did you pick? And what tamer?
How many pillows do you sleep with?
What kind of bed do you sleep on?
Where were you on the 15th of December 1997!?
What are your favorite 3 quotes?
Why is all the rum gone!?

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2010, 11:15:01 PM »
No, I don't mind.
No.
Once. It was the first time I flew an F-18 Hornet.
No. The closest I ever came to "Near Death" was during a bunker dive in Miami. My tank stopped pumping air, and the nearest person was pretty far off, but staying calm and swimming strongly works fine. I've had others, but nothing that makes my life flash before my eyes. Oh, the closest, I think, was in 3rd grade, during an ice show I was performing in. Girl in front of me lost her balance a bit and almost nailed me in the face with her skate. I didn't know it, but the crowd was scared and my mom got it on video.
"Where is your brain half the time you're posting on the Forum?"
Right now? Growing out the "L" look for PortCon.
Used to have 2 cockatiels and 2 parakeets, but I no longer live with my folks, so no.
A very avid one.
I chose them all. I'm doing the mega event, so I have all 4 different tamers and all 3 different digimon.
I prefer 2, but sometimes a third one for my back is great.
It's a fold-out one like the ones in hotels, but not as thick. (Lotsa springs in my back)
I was getting my first exposure to REAL Martial Arts Tournaments. (Not the ballet-like crap you see on ESPN)
Hmmmm.... let's see. "Love is life. If you miss out on love, you miss out of life." -Shinzuu Katame, "At least I have chicken." -Clingon proverb, "There are many things men think worth fighting for. How you use your arts will define your abilities and your worthiness." -Yiu Kwan & Yamamoto Shindo (Both my masters)
Because I drank it all!!