The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: need some help  (Read 577 times)

Offline randombacon

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf
  • Coloring: white and green
  • Height: 6'5
need some help
« on: March 16, 2010, 11:05:29 AM »
Ok 1 this girl ia picking on her name is rachel she makes fun of me my gf and my friends I'm ready to beat her what do you think I should do

2.  My parents don't know I'm a furry how should I tell them I'm scared of what thy will think
-spell caster
-random likes to have fun
-fun and cereal at the same time
-don't give me problems and you get to keep your fur

Offline Jad'Thor

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Jaddius F.X. Thor
    • Awards
  • Species: Tri-tailed Folf
  • Coloring: Blue, light blue,Black
  • Height: 1.88m
  • Weight: 67Kg
  • Build: athletic
Re: need some help
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 11:56:15 AM »
really, just tell them to get over themselves. and anyway weird makey fun people ussually get bored anyway if you have one good comeback to anything they say with people around >:3
dont click my pet!!!!

i was here FIRSTer...ish!,and will throw cookies at your face at will :3

i dunno how i got him....but i do, and ill always be grateful for him...

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 01:32:56 PM »
Off Topic: I remember seeing your avatar on Flash Flash Revolution. They used it as an example of people that deserve to die. But the people at FFR are mostly just anti-environmentalists who hate furries just for liking animals. ...Or at least that's the vibe I got from them.

1: What ever you do, don't beat her up. Violence solves nothing.

2: Probably not a good idea. My parents harass me all the time after telling them I am a furry.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline vancouversarah

• Boisterous Bear
  • We can't stop here. This is bat country.
    • Awards
  • Species: Siberian/Bengal Tiger Mix
  • Coloring: White with black stripes, blue eyes.
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 140 lbs
  • Build: Slim but not fit; comes from being a city tiger.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 06:38:07 PM »
1. Don't beat people up because of things they say to you. Violence is a crutch, and really should be beneath you at this point in your life.

2. Do your parents even know what a furry is? Telling them that you're a furry when they have no idea what that means is probably going to be upsetting for them. You're their kid, and understandably, they're a bit protective of you! I'm not saying don't be open about your personality and the things you are passionate about, just make sure they're getting the whole story.
Sarah
Cira Altacia

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 10:15:42 PM »
1) I dunno. Id take the violent course of action if she through a punch. Other wise, I would ether ignore or make fun of her back.

2) Telling you parents might start off bad but will be accepted after a while.
Who knows, maybe your parents are furries too!
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline Kodakk

• Boisterous Bear
  • OMG IT'S A BEAR!
    • Awards
  • Species: kodiak bear
  • Coloring: brown
  • Height: 6'2
  • Build: huggable
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 10:52:09 PM »

2. Do your parents even know what a furry is? Telling them that you're a furry when they have no idea what that means is probably going to be upsetting for them. You're their kid, and understandably, they're a bit protective of you! I'm not saying don't be open about your personality and the things you are passionate about, just make sure they're getting the whole story.

cant agree more. you have to be very carefull telling people close to you, make sure they know what a furry really is. unfortunately, not too many people know what a furry is, they normaly only hear of the extremes. for this reason, i want mtv's true life to do a segment on furries. i am trying to find a way to tell them...

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 03:37:38 AM »
1: you have to deal with those kind of people your whole life might as well start now just suck it up sorry but that's all you can do if its any help most people that do that are pathetic shallow people who grow up to die a pathetic worthless life

2. If they ask you don't deny it but I see no point in telling them
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Howlinger

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Oreo Werewolf
  • Coloring: Black and White
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 230 pounds
  • Build: Stocky, a bit husky.
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 09:25:37 AM »
I can't tell you how many times as a fur that i've seen this question come up. (How do I explain, or tell people I'm a fur?) Sadly i've seen it way to many times to count on different boards. My aswear to this question is simply say nothing unless you can handle judgment of many dagree's. Which may vary from person to person, but then again... if your of the age to do and think freely, you really shouldent care, or should ever have the need to explain your personal life to anyone. It's not for them to know, and if by the chance you do explain, or tell them what it is your into. Surly thay them selves have no room to speak. Everyone has a personal life that he or she doesnt want anyone to know about, right?

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 04:01:40 PM »
Ok. From experience...

1) No violence. It gets you in more trouble then the other person. Try telling someone in charge, or make up some comebacks. Or ignore them. Its kinda hard to do that though sometimes...

2) I don't see why you have to tell them, especially if you live with them. If you DO want to tell them, think

a) are they accepting (Maybe like do they accept homosexuality. If they're open-minded, then give it a shot.
b) Don't come out of the blue with it, it makes it look like you did something wrong. There's a thread on how to start the conversation. :)