The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Animus  (Read 22170 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Animus
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2010, 11:26:30 PM »
Shinzuu walked up to Kitt after 6 hours and kicked him awake. "Wake up, Cadet. Your shift. I'm going to go give Felix a piece of my mind for disappearing on me." As he began to head for the lobby, he noticed Veronica still sitting on the chair and couldn't help but notice her attire. "Private! Fix your uniform, now! Pick whatever clothes you want tomorrow, but until we go out, you will dress properly. Now zip it up and then hit the deck and give me 50 before I come back from mangling that damned lazy Felix."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2010, 11:35:34 PM »
Veronica smirked at those who had been her onlookers after Shinzuu spoke. "Told you the military did this to a person. Didn't say how though." She chuckled as she put her jacket back on and zipped it up. Setting her box of Triscuits on the counter, she got up from her seat. Getting down on the floor, she did as she was told and started her 50 push-ups. "Just because I'm not looking doesn't mean you are allowed to look at butt either." She retorted, sensing eyes on her.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2010, 11:43:07 PM »
Shinzuu found Felix lying behind the couches in the main lounge and walked up to him, kicking the bottom of his feet. "Get up, you maggot! Sergeant, you are 4 hours late for your shift, having to have other people take it for you. Now hit the deck! Give me 300 and then you can recover yourself. Afterward, you're relieving the Russian Cadet on watch, you'll be taking the rest of the watch shifts. It is now 0200 hours, I expect your keister up there no later than 0230 hours. Knock 'em out quick, or else you're doing watch while we're out until we get back tomorrow night." Shinzuu walked off, his face red (though not visible) with anger at the lack of discipline from this clone who claims to be "All-superior".

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2010, 12:09:35 AM »
*White dozed off on a table in the lobby rather uneventfully, just snoring and drooling on the table; occasionally muttering some inner desires for more food, and his tail wagged with a smile. Refugees bumbled about and the soldiers would occasionally walk by and scoff at his laziness in the moment of paranoia and fear of further oncoming attacks, but the wolgon was not concerned in the slightest as he slumbered*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2010, 01:24:07 AM »
Shinzuu found Felix lying behind the couches in the main lounge and walked up to him, kicking the bottom of his feet. "Get up, you maggot! Sergeant, you are 4 hours late for your shift, having to have other people take it for you. Now hit the deck! Give me 300 and then you can recover yourself. Afterward, you're relieving the Russian Cadet on watch, you'll be taking the rest of the watch shifts. It is now 0200 hours, I expect your keister up there no later than 0230 hours. Knock 'em out quick, or else you're doing watch while we're out until we get back tomorrow night." Shinzuu walked off, his face red (though not visible) with anger at the lack of discipline from this clone who claims to be "All-superior".
(i don't appreciate you warping my character into doing stuff, I'd much rather do things of my own volition sure your CO-GM, but that doesnt mean I'd like to be shoved into situations)
"Aye aye.... sir...." Felix groaned
this new general sure was a really big jerk. Just like that last youngster who bossed him around.
He began doing his pushups.
And the whole sequence went just as monotonous like that. His muscles ached and burned, he was perspiring heavily, and he felt as if he couldn't breathe.
"Good Work out...." he breathed.
For about 10 minutes he got to rest, and then he grabbed his rifle and tapped the Soviet guy's shoulder and told him he could go inside and sleep.
"Why do i get the arsehole superiors... just Once Fate, I would like one that doesn't have a stick shoved so far up his arse that he takes it out me"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2010, 01:29:45 AM »
Shinzuu walked up to Rocher and asked him for a report on the injured they brought in. To his dismay, only one survived, the others died after hours of makeshift surgery. Shinzuu made rounds through all the first floor rooms that people had been limited to and found one for himself near the front desk. As he closed the door, he slammed his fist right through the wall. "Dammit!" Shinzuu removed his fist and fell to his knees, looking at his opened palms. I failed to protect them. I've stained my honor. I couldn't save them.....

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2010, 02:21:09 AM »
Veronica had finished her push-ups rather quickly, more quickly than everyone watching her expected for sure. She had stood up with a sigh. "Now time for a shower." She had said, grabbing her box of Triscuits so no one else would eat them. When she was heading for a room, she heard Shinzuu yell along with a loud thud and what sounded like the breaking of drywall. She cautiously approached the door and knocked on it. "Shinzuu?" She spoke in a soft tone which would seem unlike her. "You okay in there?" She stared at the floor as she spoke, feeling a little awkward checking up on a commanding officer and not talking military-like when she did it.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Too bad I couldn't get it in color *sniffle*
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: white fur, black hair, emrald eyes
  • Height: 5'2''
  • Weight: 117lbs
  • Build: vuluptious (curvy)
« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2010, 02:45:32 AM »
After the conversation went stale with Gavin, Tori too joined at the Hilton, finding a nice corner to curl up in. Waking with a nice welcoming knot in her back, she sauntered into the kitchen to find something to tinker on. She'd crushed her radio when she fell in the ditch. She listened to what she was making out to be the self-proclaimed boss barking out orders. She didn't see the point of making them do push-ups other than him trying to assert dominance. Seems like a waste of valuable energy. What good are push-ups gonna do us now? We already do all the exercise we need traveling, they're just burning much needed calories. Tori looked up at her companions as she pulled her nose from a cupboard, I'd tell him, but he's a little too trigger happy for my tastes.
A squeal erupted from behind some counters as Tori jumped up. "I found a Stereo!" The elated wolf pranced into the middle of the room, tearing off the battery cover, "And it's got batteries!" Many of the civilians began to whisper in hope. Pressing the "on" button, Tori's ears perked up as the familiar buzzing noise came from the dusty silver box, only for her head to pull into her shoulders as the sound stuttered and died. A few groans came from the survivors as they went back to moping. The wolf sighed as she sat down hard, her sudden joy deflated. It was finally starting to settle in on her that they were all going to die out here.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:00:42 AM by Dtannings »

Pets name: Yanos
Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2010, 02:56:44 AM »
Shinzuu heard the knock and sighed. Softly, he spoke back. "Just take care of your rounds and gets some rest. You'll need it for tomorrow. Make sure you remember to wake up early for the meeting. Shinzuu slowly got up and went into the bathroom and turned on a hot shower. He disrobed and walked into, at least it still worked. Shinzuu just stood and basked in the hot water, the events of the evening flashing through his mind's eye and the grief that struck through his heart as he recollected his failings in his mission to protect the people.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2010, 03:54:06 AM »
Veronica silently moved away from the door. When she found an empty room, she entered it and closed & locked the door behind her.  She went into the bathroom and turned on the water, letting it warm up as she prepared for it. Stepping in the shower, she washed herself up. She didn't stay in very long as she just wanted to get clean and get out. When she was done, she turned off the water and got out, drying herself off. She redressed without her jacket and went back out into the main part of the room, carrying the jacket with her and hanging it over a chair. Lying down on the bed, she closed her eyes and let her thoughts envelope her as she waited for sleep to come.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2010, 04:08:21 AM »
Not wanting to risk running across anyone, Gavin took an unconventional route to find a place to sleep---- he took the stairs down into a basement level, where nothing more bothersome than the stench of must could be found. He went into what looked like a conference room and plopped down on one of the red leather couches. It barely complained under his megar weight. Gavin took his metal baseball bat--- it had been attached to his pack like a freak sort of walking stick ---and wrapped his fingers around its cool surface gingerly, anticipating, thinking...of any number of things. He couldn't risk falling asleep without having it close to him. Closing his eyes, letting his tail droop....he almost felt...at peace with himself.....but that was a far-off wish indeed.
x

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2010, 03:19:04 PM »
Kitt sat on one of the kitchen sideboards, repetitively stripping and cleaning his AK-47, and then reassembling it... over and over he repeated the task, thinking to himself....
He watched as.. Tori?... Pulled out a radio, he shook his head dismissively... his own radio hadnt picked up a signal for weeks now... he sighed, pulling the stock away from the body of the weapon.... unscrew the barrel, clean, rescrew barrel, unbolt stock, clean rebolt stock... he continued in this fashion, helmet tilted down over his eyes so he didnt have to meet eye contact with anyone...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Too bad I couldn't get it in color *sniffle*
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: white fur, black hair, emrald eyes
  • Height: 5'2''
  • Weight: 117lbs
  • Build: vuluptious (curvy)
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2010, 03:41:02 AM »
Dejectedly, Tori drug her feet to an empty seat. She did her best to force herself back into a positive mindset, but her sudden realization had drained her. They were all doomed. If not from those creatures, than from starvation. Her stomach growled in agreement. The civilians around her ate freely, with no fear of later lack of rations, and it didn't help her growing hunger. Tori swallowed her spit to quench herself. There was no need to chow down when so many already were. I can go for another day or two. Somebody needs to put an effort into rationing; especially to make up for everyone else's gluttony.

Pets name: Yanos
Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2010, 03:44:26 AM »
Felix yawned deeply, all that was supplied to him was an uncomfortable rock of a chair. He looked outward into the deserted city, and nothing. Not even a rat trying to find scraps of food or anything.
"And here's a toast to a 'General' who's racist to clones! The night is still young and we still live on, to Shinzuu! For making my life miserable and making everyone else's life easier" He said, raising his flask and taking a swig of it.

It wasn't any of the good stuff. Shinzuu would probably freak if he had alcohol, so it was just water... plain... dirty... water.

"A new toast to Earthen kind, surviving another day in the End of Time. A toast of peace love, tranquility, and everything that will never happen again" he said to himself as he took another swig of water.

"Yep... gonna be a LOOOONG night..."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:46:57 AM by Gabag »

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2010, 04:40:50 AM »
While he slept, the eyes of Gavin's mind took a drastic change for the worse as they decided to warp his dreams...Visions of Trisha. Again. And again. In some she was dancing, raven hair caught luminously in the glow of that old diner they used to go to so often. In others she was crying...looking over her shoulder a last time before climbing aboard that truck, headed to who knew where. Needless to say, the monkey tossed and turned. His fur bristled, and on his brow one could see tense sweat dripping slowly. Indeed, it was going to be a long night.
x