The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Animus  (Read 22173 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Re: The Animus
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2010, 08:27:28 PM »
Felix's shift was finally over, and he came in during the middle of his speech, and began grumbling.

"Enjoy the time you have here" he mimicked, using an annoying high pitched tone to himself, so no one could hear.
"Feh... easy for you to say, you got the Presidential Suite, and you make everyone else's life miserable" he uttered under his breath, inaudible to anyone.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2010, 10:50:32 PM »
Veronica glared at White when he spoke to her rather rudely and practically sneered when he grinned at her, then had responded to Kitt's "morning" with one of her own. She listened to Shinzuu's speech without looking up, rolling her eyes at the squeals of joy from the women of the group when he mentioned getting new clothes. "And I don't even know what group I'm in... She thought to herself.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Too bad I couldn't get it in color *sniffle*
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: white fur, black hair, emrald eyes
  • Height: 5'2''
  • Weight: 117lbs
  • Build: vuluptious (curvy)
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2010, 01:26:04 AM »
Finally calming down, Tori sulked back into the Hilton, completely missing the speech. She looked across the buffet table, and how little was left. Hunger rose into her throat, and was difficult to swallow down, but she managed.
There was a chatter about new clothes that found it's way to her ears, which twitched at the idea. I hope they don't plan to throw away what they already have. Extra clothes could come in handy for treating wounds, amongst other things. Tori thought to speak up again, but found her voice caught in her throat. With a frustrated sigh, the wolf leaned against the nearest wall in defeat.

Pets name: Yanos
Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2010, 03:33:30 AM »
After 30 minutes, the roll-call began, and people filed into their groups. Felix was paired with Rocher to take a group of civilians. Tori ended up in Kitt's group alongside with White. Shinzuu led his group with Veronica which also included Gavin. All the other groups headed out first right after they were finished. Shinzuu led his group out last, "Alright, folks, where do you want for us to go first?"

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2010, 04:50:35 AM »
Gavin looked up at the group leader for a lingering second before quickly looking down at his feet. The one named Veronica probably knew ten times better where to go than he...for Gavin could never comprehend much of anything outside his emotional, secluded little head. He sucked on his lower lip and waited...he would go wherever they wanted. No need to voice an opinion.
x

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2010, 09:23:10 AM »
Kitt loaded his Ak-47 and looked over the group he had been assigned to.... White could be a problem, and the wolf.... well he didnt even know her name, but hopefully she would be smart enough to not get them in trouble...
"Right.... Food.... we cant survive without it... we need to find it... lets get goin'..."
With that he led the group out of the Hilton into the deserted and war torn streets.... he kept his weapon ready, drawn up to one shoulder.... turning slightly he looked over at the wolfess....
"You.... firstly, i dont know your name.... secondly, try and keep an eye out for a supermarket, anything where there could be packaged food..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2010, 02:40:44 PM »
*White moved into the group without really saying much of anything because he was still too tired to really argue at this point and noticed Kitt eying him in a mistrusting manner* "Don't worry about me kitty, I'll be a good wolgon alrighty? Just find me some food and I won't cause you any trouble, also don't miss with your piece there." *The wolgon pointed at the AK-47 attached to Kitt* "So are we going to go today or are we going to stand around here all day staring at each other and worrying about the next meal?"
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2010, 04:06:26 PM »
Veronica remained silent as she moved into her group. Of course she had to get grouped with someone who she didn't really feel comfortable around right now. Though he didn't seem faltered by the incident. She didn't plan on giving her opinion on where they should go first but when no one spoke she let out an annoyed sigh. "I don't really think it matters what we do first. We have several things to get done but as long as we get them all done, it shouldn't be a problem." She said, looking off in a random direction.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2010, 08:00:36 PM »
Tori nodded to Kitt, understanding her duty. She didn't entirely care about being called by her name, as long as she was acknowledged. She glanced at the Wolgon, disapproving of his words. "Look, I know you two don't exactly get along, but could you hold the harsh words for after we finish our job?" She bit her lip for letting her thoughts out, but pushed it to the back of her mind, "And I don't think a supermarket would be the best place to look. That's where everyone heads first, so it's more than likely empty by now. We stand a better chance looking in houses and abandoned semi-trucks." Tori scratched the back of her ear, slightly nervous that these two hot heads may take her suggestion as a command.

Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2010, 08:33:27 PM »
Kitt smirked, watching the Wolgon...
"The kitty dont mind what you do... so long as you dont get us in trouble..."
Turning back to Tori he raised an eyebrow in surprise, and then nodded...
"I like your thinking... lets get to it ladies and wolgons...."
With that he pulled his Kalshnikov to his shoulder, and lead the way out into the streets, keeping an eye on the other two, and the other on all the alleyways....

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2010, 08:50:58 PM »
Tori smiled inwardly at Kitt's positive reaction. Glancing at the Wolgon for only a second, she followed the wildcat, keeping her hand on the pistol at her side. She'd never used it, in fact she'd never used any gun before, but it couldn't have been much different than a power drill. Just point and pull the trigger. Tori silently prayed that it wouldn't come to that, thinking it be best to conserve her ammo.

Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2010, 09:01:58 PM »
Kitt walked softly, managing to make almost no sound, even with his heavy combat pack, helmet and weaponry... he looked over one shoulder at the wolfess, and then back to the streets as they continued to walk...
"I still didnt catch your name comrade.... though if you dont want me to use it... i'm fine with that..."
Listening for an answer he pulled himself into the back of an abandoned truck, rifling through the contents he found nothing but engine parts... jumping back down onto the road he moved onwards, keeping an eye on the other members of his group.... and the surroundings...

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2010, 09:17:13 PM »
Shinzuu had lead his group through an abandoned Macy's and kept watch on his group occasionally as he searched through the racks for a set of clothes that's similar to his ideal outfit he used to have. After a long search with his peripherals, he found a short-sleeved, zip-up, black leather shirt, a long, black leather coat, black leather jeans, and new boots that were better than his current ones. Shinzuu checked his watch and yelled out to everyone, "Alright, everyone! We're heading out in 30 minutes! Get dressed and we'll be out looking for personal food items. This will be emergency rations for you personally. The meals will be provided and rationed by my men. We don't know how long we're going until we reach the next city, so this emergency food will be in case we run out." Shinzuu made his way towards the exit to check the surroundings. On his way, he found some black leather gloves and a rack of shades. "Oooh. Come to papa..."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2010, 10:49:47 PM »
Veronica had looked around the woman's department for clothes to suit her style. She found a pair of dark blue skinny jeans with rips down the front of the legs and a plain black tank top with suitable undergarments. Then she searched the shoe department and found a pair of black knee-high boots (no heels). She went to a changing room when Shinzuu had yelled his 30-minute warning and switched outfits, putting her old outfit and boots in her bag. Her hair had been tied up in a bun this whole time since she was not allowed to have hair down loosely in the military setting. Now she took the hair tie out, putting it on her wrist, and let it hang down freely. She ran her fingers through it to make sure there were no knots then put on the black leather fingerless gloves she had found. She left the changing room and headed for the exit.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2010, 01:14:50 AM »
Gavin, being a cynical little monkey, couldn't care less whether he looked like a drunk cowboy than if he looked like he just walked out of the Ritz. So, since this was the case, he solemnly gathered the essentials: underwear, t-shirts, one or two pairs of jeans, and stuffed them into the available space in his pack. Then he went to find something to wear right then. Everything there had been so expensive back when it was in operation. So expensive, in fact, that Gavin almost felt guilty as he took the cheapest yet most functional set of clothes he could find: work jeans and a red checkered shirt over a white tank. A pair of bargain cowboy boots completed this terrible (Yet functional!) ensemble. Once changed, Gavin quickly darted down the immobile escalators and then barreled through the front doors, hoping he hadn't been left behind...again. Gavin wasn't known for his ability to keep up.
x