The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Animus  (Read 22176 times)

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
Re: The Animus
« Reply #165 on: April 05, 2010, 06:56:49 PM »
"Oh good heavenly Gods...." Gavin breathed in one short burst after seeing the...the monster. A shiver racked his furry body. After Veronica and Shinzuu looked like they were out, the monkey broke out in a run that could only be described as insane. He was quite the fast little thing, easily overtaking a few blocks and a long stretch of street in his blind panic. Feeling some meager sense of responsibility, he looked back over his shoulder, slowing down a little, to check and see if his two group mates were still coming...
x

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2010, 07:09:09 PM »
Kitt looked from White, and back to Tori.... "Stack the boxes onto one of the large wooden pallets, and then we drag it... i've got several lengths of rope meant for climbing ice.... White, you'l pull most of the weight, me and Tori will pull and try to keep the boxes on the pallet... lets go!"
With that he pulled one of the wooden pallets, which was around 5 metres by 5 metres and could easily carry a large number of boxes stacked... he dropped the pallet out of the back of the lorry onto the ground, and then jumped down after it and tied a length of climbing rope to one end...
"Right, stack 'em up... just try not too make it TOO heavy.... we got the rest of the day, so long as nothing goes wrong i reckon we could do all of this in only a few trips..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2010, 10:41:00 PM »
Shinzuu grunted as Veronica dragged him on out. Never before had anyone managed to really hurt him before, let alone break 2 of his ribs. As they left the building, he reached over Veronica's belt and pulled out the flare gun. He aimed it to the sky and pulled the trigger, alerting everyone back to the hotel entrance and possibly to be leaving the city. Shinzuu put the flare gun back onto Veronica's belt and chuckled a little to himself. "At least my new threads weren't torn."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2010, 10:45:42 PM »
Veronica was sort of grateful that the other civilians had taken the creature's attention off of her and Shinzuu. She did feel sorry about their demise though. There was no denying that. She ran through the door that Gavin held open and watched him sprint off after her and Shinzuu were out. She slowed down some once she was out of the building and away from all the creatures though. It was quite difficult trying to run while carrying the well-toned...muscular...wait, what was she thinking?! "Carrying his weight, girl, weight." She thought to herself, almost furious at herself for thinking about him in such a way. At any rate, the thought distracted her from Shinzuu's comment about his clothes.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2010, 10:53:22 PM »
Shinzuu's heart sank as the continuing screams of the civilians continued to resound through the doors. Dammit. I failed again. This time, I lost all but one civilian. If only I had brought my gun with me. If only.... Shinzuu's mind began to slowly drown into the "What ifs" episode and his face turned deathly grave. Was he really so powerless to help others? Has getting to the shelter impaired his ability to fight and protect? He himself had rescued and brought in half of the people in the refuge at the same time by himself. Now, he can't even handle less than that with fellow soldiers. Sorrow overtook him as they continued on back to the hotel's entrance.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2010, 11:03:16 PM »
When they got back to the hotel, she gently set Shinzuu down. Noticing the look on his face, her eyes narrowed as her face grew more serious. "Oh no you don't. Don't even start with whole 'I let them all down, I'm a failure' routine." She said in a stern tone. "People are going to die. It's inevitable. You even told me that once. So stop guilt-tripping yourself into thinking that this is all your fault. You know it's not." She just looked down at him after she was done speaking, letting her expression slowly soften up.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2010, 11:11:57 PM »
Felix and Rocher kept running, even when they saw the flare.
Some of the civvies under their command stopped and looked at the flare, and one was overtaken by the creatures. The man, a wolf, was being engulfed alive by a small group of them, their bodies wrapping around his, the man gave a couple screams, before a bang resounded from the other side of the street, and Felix was holding his smoking gun.
"THE HECK ARE YOU DOING? THAT WAS ONE OF OUR PEOPLE!" Rocher cried out, confused as to why Felix would shoot a civilian.

"Listen.. a shot to the head was a much quicker way to die then being suffocated from being under those things!" He yelled back as more civilians fell to the beasts.

The pair hauled (censored) all the way to the hotel, and to their horror, the doors would not open.
Rocher began frantically pounding on the doors, and yelling, as panic overcame him.
"OPEN UP! WE"RE STILL ALIVE OUT HERE!!!! ITS ME FELIX AND ROCHER!"

Felix, through the panic, kept on firing at the masses of tar advancing on them, hoping to at least slow them down with the weight of lead.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:18:10 PM by Gabag »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2010, 11:27:45 PM »
Shinzuu growled, with Rocher's voice ringing in his ears. "Private, shut up and just break the damned door. It's only glass." Shinzuu watched as all other groups began running back. Most of them, only 2 or 3 survived. The only group that made it back with a full roster was the medical team and Alpha and Bravo. The medical team came to Shinzuu and began inspecting him. "That hurts you maynards! I have 2 broken ribs, end of story. Now wrap me up so I can get up already. Bravo Team! My gun and ammunition!" One of the men came over with the M500, a metal ammunition box, and a backpack. "Sir, we found the ammunition you requested, but we only got 100 rounds. We did find materials for the bullets, so you'll have to make the rest on your own time. Only you, Sergeant Felix and Veronica know how to make bullets. The rest of us only have basic knowledge, more than half of us didn't even finish basic training." Shinzuu waved him off and inspected his gun, reloading the 3 missing shots fired the other day. One of the medics handed him an aspirin and he swallowed it and got up. "Alright people! We're moving out in 2 minutes! Bravo team is now handing out ammunition and guns if you need them. Rocher! Take 3 men with you and grab whatever you can from inside. Felix, help me get everyone in order and educate the civies on usage of the weapons they choose to have." Shinzuu surveyed the carnage around them. ]Dammit, only 22 of us left?

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2010, 12:00:36 AM »
At the the first sign of the flare Kitt had stopped, his grip tightened on his Ak-47 and he turned to the other two....
"We gotta go... now... leave the food, we can come back...."
With that he grabbed Tori by the scruff of her neck, and turned her round to face the way back to the hotel... he gave her a rough shove...
"Go, quick!"
He started to run, either the other two ran with, or where left whatever it was that had got the first group.. the roughness of the shove hopefully conveyed just how worried he was....

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2010, 12:52:20 AM »
Veronica sighed as she wasn't even acknowledged. Walking off, she opened the doors for Rocher and Felix and whoever else needed to get in. There was no point in destroying them when someone could easily walk over and make the doors open. Hearing her name mentioned, she turned her head. "Oh, the bullet-making junk..." She thought to herself as she walked back over and started to sit down, only to realize that there was no sense in doing it so she straightened back up and stood there waiting to leave.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2010, 02:29:05 AM »
The creatures, seeing that their quarry had hid in the hotel, gave up chase.  They didn't care if they had EVERY survivor...just as long as they got a lot of them.

And today they had...good God, they had.

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Too bad I couldn't get it in color *sniffle*
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: white fur, black hair, emrald eyes
  • Height: 5'2''
  • Weight: 117lbs
  • Build: vuluptious (curvy)
« Reply #176 on: April 06, 2010, 02:53:12 AM »
Tori hesitated, wishing not to abandon all the food they'd found. On the other hand, that flare surely ment those creatures were back. She wanted to believe they could come back for the food later, but something was telling her they wouldn't have time. Forcing herself to move, she grabbed the closest box to her (a case of Corn Pops) and followed Kitt. She was a little behind, and couldn't run as fast, especially with a box in her arms, but the Hilton wasn't far, so she wasn't worried about falling behind.

Pets name: Yanos
Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #177 on: April 06, 2010, 03:58:02 AM »
*White smirked at Kitt* "There is no way in Hell in that I'm leaving all of this here." *White picked up two crates worth in his arms and ran as fast as his legs could carry him for a heavy set man a little ways behind Tori* "I'm surprised you can run at all with that box. Good to see that you can hold your own." *White turned his head to check on Kitt* "Remember soldier man, we need you alive too. Don't want you getting too far behind." *He grinned with a competitive glance*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: April 06, 2010, 08:46:33 AM »
Kitt ran alongside the other two, weapon brought up to his shoulder he kept aiming it left and right, traversing the street... there where so many places for someone to hide, behind the rows of cars, all the doorways.... "Just keep going, we're almost there.." He ignored the comment from White, though couldnt help smirking back... the hilton came into view as the group ran between the long rows of burnt out or abandoned cars, Kitt jumped and rolled over a low sports car, aiming down the iron sights of his weapon he kept the other two covered....

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: April 06, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »
Shinzuu checked his watch as Rocher and the men were leaving the hotel with sacks of supplies on their backs. "30 seconds and we're moving out! Bravo team! Say hello to your new squad leader, Staff Sergeant Veronica, newly promoted. You all will be permanently responsible for weapons and ammunition. Medical Team! You'll be under Sergeant Felix, or should I say Sergeant First Class? You all will be in charge of our last 4 civilians and our medical supplies. Alpha Team! Newly promoted Corporal Rocher will be leading your squad. You will all be in charge of food and rationing. Make it count! Scout Team, you'll be under our new "Comrade", Corporal Vladimir. You will be the extra eyes and ears of our small group. If anything gets through, I'll personally send you to Hell myself!"