The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Animus  (Read 22181 times)

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Too bad I couldn't get it in color *sniffle*
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: white fur, black hair, emrald eyes
  • Height: 5'2''
  • Weight: 117lbs
  • Build: vuluptious (curvy)
Re: The Animus
« Reply #225 on: April 13, 2010, 09:23:23 PM »
Tori nodded to the shaky wildcat, a little racked up herself, "Just lucky I guess. Nero helped a lot." She smiled at the hyena, showing both acknowledgment and gratitude. It's got to be luck keeping me alive. I don't have the skills necessary to fight...Yet...here I am.
"You alright? Not wound'd are ya?" she asked, relaxing enough to let her grammar and diction slip to the tone she used when speaking to car. She was starting to get used to normal social behavior. The wolf was beginning to realize she wasn't going to be condemned if she talked like a hick.

Pets name: Yanos
Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #226 on: April 13, 2010, 09:25:40 PM »
Veronica gave a silent nod in response to Shinzuu's order as she released her P-90 to let it hang freely and held her left arm casually across her stomach. She grabbed a roll of gauze that was on the ground by part of the medical team. Raising her tank top to reveal her stomach as she walked, she started to wrap the gauze around herself and secured it when she was done. As she lowered her tank top to cover her stomach again, she started searching the fallen for ammo and supplies that would be useful to them.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #227 on: April 13, 2010, 09:34:54 PM »
Kitt shook his head, not daring to open his mouth... he felt sick.. really sick.... breathing heavily he swallowed...
"no... im not wounded....."
He pulled the pin back on his AK with a loud ~kerchick~ and slung it over his shoulder on its strap.... he reached into his breast pocket and pulled out a hip flask, taking several really deep swigs of the fiery liquor he had in it.... his paws stopped shaking quite so much and the feeling of wanting to throw up the entirety of his intestines went....
"Well ya did good.... wouldn' wanna see you dyin now would i?""
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #228 on: April 14, 2010, 05:41:12 PM »
Nero walked up to Shinzuu and put his hand on Shinzuu's shoulder.  "Thanks for saving me back there.  I would have been a goner if they caught me."  Nero smiled politely as he spoke.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #229 on: April 14, 2010, 06:00:47 PM »
Shinzuu didn't respond, just concentrating on find the supplies and getting blood off of them. His mind had broken alongside of his heart. It was indeed a bit of a hollow victory in his mind. The cost was too great. Inside of his head, Shinzuu began to run through reparations in his mind, trying to convince himself of his duties and that he had to push on. He got up and started looking for bags and sachels to place the items.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: April 14, 2010, 06:07:48 PM »
Gavin stuck himself closer to the group, awkwardly, as one would post a random post-it. He stretched and for....for a reason he didn't exactly understand, he grinned at Tori and the boy, then grinned at the hazy sky as he looked up at it, squinting. "You know....." he said. ".....You know, I'm sorry for always being at the back. For never acting like I mattered, or like any of you mattered. But now that we've been through this, I feel.....I feel different. And I like feeling different." Smiling stupidly, he lowered his gaze. "Again, I'm sorry."
x

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #231 on: April 15, 2010, 12:42:39 AM »
Veronica pretty much had her arms full of ammo and supplies. Looking at the ground around her, she found a bag. "Ah, here we are." She said quietly to herself as she knelt and set the ammo & supplies on the ground by the bag. As she started stuffing the things she had found into the bags, she started humming. "And I will always do my duty, no matter what the price. I've counted up the cost. I know the sacrifice. Oh and I don't want to die for you. But if dyin's askin' me, I'll bear that cross with honor, cause freedom don't come free. I'm an American soldier, an American. Beside my brothers and my sisters, I will proudly take a stand. When liberty's in jeopardy, I will always do what's right. I'm out here on the front line, sleep in peace tonight. American soldier, I'm an American soldier." She sang, because humming wasn't enough for her. It was most likely loud enough for everyone else to hear and normally that would bother her because she was self-conscious about her singing (even though she had been told she was a good singer plenty of times), but today she just had to get it out. It was the best kind of release for her.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: April 15, 2010, 12:46:05 AM »
Relating to Gavins words, Tori smiled back at him, "No problem, I understand completely," she put her hand on his shoulder, a bit of dried mud flaking off onto his arm, "I'm not so worried 'bout talking anymore either." The wolf grinned up at him, contemplating whether or not she should tell him about the "bit- o'-Acolyte" on his cheek. "Nice work with that bat by the way. Speaking of which, where's my monkey wrench?" With that she turned from him, scouring the ground for said item.

Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #233 on: April 15, 2010, 12:48:09 AM »
After Felix's leg wounds have been sealed, and he had been left sitting for some time.. he finally was coming too. At first all he could see was darkness... then eventually some blurry surfaces. His hearing at first was really terrible, but it started coming back.
He leaned upwards, but noticed he was restrained to a makeshift stretcher, and he couldn't incline his head far enough to see how bad his legs were.

He heard a woman sing, and inclined his head just enough to see her.

"Hey... mind telling me how bad my legs are... I wanna get back into the thick of it asap!" he called, hoping he would actually get a response.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #234 on: April 15, 2010, 01:24:12 AM »
Shinzuu walked up and pressed Felix down. "You'll be fine in a few days. You will not be going into action anytime soon. You're no good to us if you're banged up like this. Just be glad that Gavin and Tori put a stretcher together for you." He sighed and walked off, frustrated by the situation and plans for what they could do with just 8 people left. Shinzuu took a quiet walk around the carnage, closing the eyes of the deceased and doing his best to clean them with torn pieces of their clothing. He listened intently to the words Veronica sang. Indeed, we are all soldiers.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: April 15, 2010, 01:33:53 AM »
Veronica turned her head in the direction of Felix and was about to get up to go over to take a look to see how well she could answer his question when Shinzuu approached him and answered for her. She stood up and slung the bag of ammo/supplies over her left soldier, grabbing a piece of torn cloth off the ground. Drawing one of her twin sai, she wiped the blood off with the cloth then replaced the sai before drawing the other and doing the same before holstering that one too. She dropped the cloth back on the ground and searched for more ammo/supplies, only to learn that she had found all their was on the fallen. She sighed as she looked around at carnage.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #236 on: April 15, 2010, 03:57:22 PM »
Kitt listened to Veronica's singing as he cleaned and reloaded his AK, sighing he slung the weapon over one shoulder and walked up to Gavin and Tori... he coughed to get their attention...
"I've been told to keep and eye out for you two... it seems your the only civies that pulled through, so.. uh.... yeah.... its my duty to make sure youre okay i guess...."
He kicked his boot against the ground, looking down he pulled his AK off his shoulder, and held it at the ready, simply because it made him feel more at ease and in control of the situation..... He looked down at the pistol, now empty, on tori's belt....
"You want some more ammo for that?... i gotta spare clip and i could show ya how to fire it proper... though you did well enough on your own back there..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: April 15, 2010, 05:45:18 PM »
"I'm fine. Don't ask about me." Gavin smiled at Kitt. He truly did not want others to ask about how he was, because he didn't know anymore. He didn't care what he was feeling anymore. To Gavin, right now felt like the few seconds on a roller coaster, at the top of the biggest drop, before you fall....where you feel weightless, and as if anything could happen......."I need to help around here, don't I?" he muttered to himself, still smiling. Then he folded his arms behind his back. "What would you guys like me to do? I'm bad at being impulsive. I need some sort of direction."
x

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #238 on: April 15, 2010, 05:47:16 PM »
Suddenly, Nero let out a surprised yip as if in realization.  He quickly began patting himself down, in an attempt to find something that he feared he misplaced.  "Oh God...Please don't tell me I dropped it!!"  He seemed to check every nook and cranny on his body in his search, even taking off his shoes.  In his franticness, a piece of aged paper dislodged itself from it's hiding place on him and floated to the ground, unnoticed by Nero.

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: April 15, 2010, 06:07:47 PM »
Tori nodded to Kitt, "Yeah, actually, that would be nice. I was also hoping for maybe something more potent against those guys." she looked down at the pistol.
Hearing Gavin's comment, Tori scratched her ear, "I've been working on gathering food lately, maybe you could help me with that."
She began to search for her wrench again, remebering she was over by Nero at the time she threw it, she headed over there, just in time for an odd piece of paper to flutter past her nose. What's this?... Tori reached out and picked it up, scanning over the peculiar item.

Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings