The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Animus  (Read 22183 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Animus
« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2010, 11:43:15 AM »
Shinzuu snapped out of his trans as Veronica spoke and chuckled a little as his mind caught up with what she said. "Just remembering my days back in the military. I made every superior officer's life a living hell. Kind of like you did to me when you first showed up for military school. I guess there has to be at LEAST one other person there like me. I really hated your guts when you first came into my unit, but I guess in the last couple years, you've really grown on me. It's hard to believe that the little sassy witch has now grown into a battle-hearty (censored)."

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Too bad I couldn't get it in color *sniffle*
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: white fur, black hair, emrald eyes
  • Height: 5'2''
  • Weight: 117lbs
  • Build: vuluptious (curvy)
« Reply #256 on: April 19, 2010, 03:13:43 PM »
"A really creepy drawing?" Tori suggested, having no clue what the creation may be. Her best bet was that it was a view into the Acolyte's imagination, or dreams. Maybe it was even some sort of pedestal god. Another question that plagued her mind was how Nero found out what the despicable thing was. Maybe he was spying on them, over heard them speaking of it, and stole the thing. Maybe that's why he was being chased.

Pets name: Yanos
Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #257 on: April 19, 2010, 03:16:56 PM »
Kitt shrugged.... he lit up one of the last remaining cigarettes he had, and squinted at the drawing as he blew out a stream of smoke....
"Art never was my strongest subject..... something to do with where the... things... came from?"
He shrugged again, looking around the group as he took another drag on the cigarette....
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #258 on: April 19, 2010, 03:19:55 PM »
Veronica couldn't help but grin the entire time that he was talking. It didn't offend her at all that he said that he kind of didn't like her at first. She was used to it. None of the other high-ups really liked her that much, even after her being there for a while. Shinzuu was the only one who ended up liking how she was. "Well, someone's got to be able to match-up to you at your own game, if not beat you. And, come on, you worked with me. You should have known I'd be this way since I already had the attitude and the temper to fuel me." She chuckled. She looked back at the group and saw Nero holding up some piece of paper while everyone was ignoring Felix yelling to be freed. Shrugging, she looked back at Shinzuu.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 03:21:35 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #259 on: April 19, 2010, 05:40:36 PM »
"According to the Acolyte I stole it from, these runes give directions to a temple where an Acolyte artifact is stored."  Nero pointed at the pyramid in the figure's chest.  "That is the artifact.  It's supposed to be the Acolyte's greatest weapon but it's also their Achilles heel.  I was planning on stealing it, before I got caught swiping the paper."  Nero face turned to one of grief as he explained further.  "Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I can get it myself anymore.  I've deciphered some of the runes and everything they say isn't good.  I know it's a lot to ask of you all, especially after I got most of you killed, but if you could help me this may change the outcome of this whole apocalpyse."

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2010, 05:47:02 PM »
Gavin streched widely, subconsciously excited by this new development. It was all fascinating to him, especially the drawing, the way it made his gaze so fixed, the rather beautiful (in his opinion) way all the lines were drawn....and he didn't really care about just how much the boy was asking of him by this. He had nothing better to do, not to mention he owed a bit of debt to the world for his attitude, and he owed an even bigger debt to Trisha. Smiling at the boy, then at Tori, he let his tail go limp once his muscles finally relaxed themselves. "Count me in. I'm up for whatever is asked of me."
x

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #261 on: April 19, 2010, 05:49:38 PM »
Shinzuu chuckled lightly, "Maybe so... maybe so." He turned his attention to the struggling Felix and his complaining mouth. Shinzuu sighed in humor as he watched the clone struggle in the makeshift stretcher. He stood up and placed a hand on her shoulder, "I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I'm proud of you and all you've done up to now. Continue to do your best. Your survival is proof of your prowess. Don't ever trade your honor for anything." Shinzuu slowly turned, deciding whether or not to head for the group and leave Veronica to do guard duty for a while.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #262 on: April 19, 2010, 11:56:17 PM »
"Forget that paper for a second now and just unstrap Felix, for God's sake!" Veronica yelled in between the two different parts of what Shinzuu was saying so as not to interrupt him, getting tired of hearing him have to yell and tired of the fact that he was being ignored by the ones right next to him. She looked back at Shinzuu as he was standing up. When he placed his hand on her shoulder, she looked at it as he spoke to her, smiling slightly at what he was saying. When he started to turn to leave, she quickly but gently grabbed his wrist. "Could you stay?" She asked, not looking up at him. "I kind of don't want to be alone right now." She looked towards the mass-grave.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #263 on: April 20, 2010, 12:25:58 AM »
Felix sighed as no one seemed to listen. It was odd, the people sent to moniter him were concerned about a paper, yet everyone away from him seemed to care that he wanted to be allowed to stand up.

"I dunno maybe i'm on the wrong side of the fence right now... or just really unlucky" He said to himself as he tried to reach for a cigarette.
He managed to wiggle an arm close to his jacket pocket, and when he grabbed the cancer sticks, they slipped out of his hand and plopped on the floor.

"Well at least it'll encourage me to quit for a couple seconds... or minutes"  he said to himself, sighing again. He couldn't feel too much in his legs, must be morphine.
He knew they weren't badly torn up that he couldn't walk, just lots and lots of blood.
Good lord he remembered the blood, and how pissed off he got at the Grunt.

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: April 20, 2010, 01:12:44 AM »
Losing her temper, Tori shouted back at her fellow wolf, "He's not dying! He can wait! This paper just might be the key to surviving this Hell! But of course you're too busy flirting away to notice that aren't you?!" Tori's nose scrunched up in regret for talking back. She was strong in all, carrying around engines and everything, but that girl had special training. She bet her face would be in the mud in seconds if it came to that. Still, she didn't cower or apologize, and leered at Veronica defiantly.

Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: April 20, 2010, 01:17:24 AM »
"Can I say one thing... how do i go to the bathroom stuck like this.... not to be pushy but I kinda want to do somethign besides sit here and eavesdrop." he shouted (kinda) squirming a bit to try and scratch his back.

Although quietly to the side to Tori he said

"Good job... 'General' Shinzuu has been sucking up to the rookie in a way frowned upon in the military... glad to know someone can see through the veil, She doesn't deserve special treatment for looking good"
He added with a spit on the floor, which was basically a not so subtle insult at his commander, whom he was not on good terms with.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 01:20:19 AM by Gabag »

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: April 20, 2010, 01:56:25 AM »
In response to Felix, Tori smiled and knelt down, releasing him from his bonds. She was glad she wasn't the only one annoyed. With a nod, she offered a hand to help the Clone to his feet.
Looking back at Nero without moving from her helpful position, Tori said, "If it helps our species get past extinction, I'm all for helping you."

Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: April 20, 2010, 02:15:04 AM »
Felix grapsed Tori's hand and helped himself up, but not before almost falling down.
"(Censored!!) .... that hurts... take it slow Felix" he said to himself just to keep his mind off the pain. Slowly but surely he helped himself up, but he had to lean on a wall to ease all the pain.

Fortunately as he was 'falling' he grabbed his smokes, and lit one.

"Thank you very much...." He said, while looking down at the bloody bandages on his legs. Cripes it hurt like a mother (Censored)

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: April 20, 2010, 02:24:45 AM »
Veronica's first response to the shouting was a hearty laugh. She stood up slowly and turned towards the group. "Well, how would you feel if you were strapped down to something and yelling to be freed and everyone around you was ignoring you? I bet it would drive you crazy! And flirting? Please. Just because you couldn't get a date to save your life because you're too busy lubing up a car doesn't mean that you need to take it out on me because I'm just talking to a guy that I've known for a long time. That's pathetic." She had noticed Felix make a quiet remark to Tori. "And that's the thanks I get for being nice to you and telling them to release you? Being talked about with the girl who didn't give a damn about you? Well then, next time you can yell and complain and struggle all you want because you won't be getting any help from me." She watched Tori finally release Felix and let out a chuckle. "Aw, isn't that cute? He applauded you so you decided he was useful enough to let go..." She rolled her eyes and turned halfway away from the group and now her back was to Shinzuu, crossing her arms and looking out for possible attackers even though there were none. They could go right on ahead and have a problem with her. That was something she had been used to her entire life. No one had ever liked her attitude or how she had no problem speaking her mind. She was perfectly fine with that fact and she actually grinned thinking about it. Lucky for them, she was relieving her temper through words and not actions. She knew she shouldn't injure them...or injure one of them more...because then they wouldn't be able to fight for their lives as well and she wasn't that cruel.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: April 20, 2010, 02:32:02 AM »
Felix took another drag on the cancer stick and sighed.
"Well there goes possibly the one friend I made here..." he mumbled to himself. He excused himself from the group and walked... stumbled more like it after Veronica. He had to lean on walls and random stuff to keep balance, and he was swearing up a storm the whole time.

When he finally managed to balance himself on a wall near Veronica, he contemplated what to say.

"Veronica..... I'm sorry for talking behind your back... my life went from bad to worse in the span of a couple days. From my comfortable home back on the base, to the possibility of never being able to use my legs without crutches or some form of help again. The past few days have been hard on all of us really... but I've been being stupid and bottling it up. I'm sorry for using you to vent my frustrations against the commander too..."
He paused to take another drag from his cigarette and then limped forward a little more.

"Hell... I'm just sorry for being a pain in the (censored) to everybody right now... I appreciated your motion to get me untied, and I understand if your mad at me. Just wanted to let you know that... I'm sorry" At that point, his legs were giving out, and he fell forward n pain once more.
"(CENSORED!)" he yelled. Not so much in pain, as in frustration.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 02:57:49 AM by Gabag »