The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Animus  (Read 22184 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Animus
« Reply #270 on: April 20, 2010, 03:05:45 AM »
Shinzuu took Veronica's arm and pulled her aside. "Come, we don't need to put up with those ungrateful maggots. Let them survive on their own. It appears that we are no longer needed for them." He led her down to the east and clutched his weapons tight as they left. Whether it be the government or people. They will never know what life is."

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Too bad I couldn't get it in color *sniffle*
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: white fur, black hair, emrald eyes
  • Height: 5'2''
  • Weight: 117lbs
  • Build: vuluptious (curvy)
« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2010, 04:38:25 AM »
Tori sighed and bit her tongue, knowing she'd spoken too much as it was. Tempers were flaring and fights were starting, there was no need to press anyone further.
"We should probably find some form of shelter. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's tired," the wolf scratched the back of her neck awkwardly as she glanced up at those who surrounded her. Today had taken a toll on the team, and it was best to rest.

Pets name: Yanos
Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #272 on: April 20, 2010, 10:36:26 AM »
Felix glared at Shinzuu and spat in his direction.
"Taking someone else down because your angsty Commander?  If you want to die, don't drag someone else into it!" he yelled.
The commander was taking stupid risks again, this time intentionally, and kinda literally dragging someone else into it. He knew he couldn't stop the pair of them in his condition, but (censored) he would try to at least talk some sense into them. He dragged himself up and began limping after the pair, telling Veronica not to go on his suicide mission.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #273 on: April 20, 2010, 02:30:15 PM »
Veronica stopped, turning herself towards Felix. "Stop. Don't waste what strength you have and make your wounds worse." She said, looking him up and down. "I accept your apology and give you one of my own. I'm sorry, but I'm going with Shinzuu. Good luck in your mission." She gave him a nod and turned away. She caught up with Shinzuu and took hold of her P-90 as they headed east.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #274 on: April 20, 2010, 03:43:27 PM »
Kitt scratched his head and pushed his helmet up out of his eyes with two fingers... taking one last drag on his cigarette he dropped it and ground it into the dust with the heel of his boot...
"Ooookay.... so i dont pay attention for a minute or so..... and it seems everyones fighting...."

He pulled his Kalashnikov into a guard position and pulled back the bolt with a loud ~kerchick~.... "I shouldnt have bothered coming along with you guys, you just argue, and make problems out of nothing.... theres a reason why im even alive, and its because i fight for one person, me....."

He growled under his breath "Ugh... but if i leave i dont stand a chance....."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #275 on: April 20, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »
"Sorry. I hope them leaving wasn't my fault," Tori pulled at one of her ears nervously, "But I suppose what's done is done."
The wolf looked around for a few seconds for the box that contained the Corn Pops. Spotting it, she lugged it up to her chest.
"Let's go," Tori muttered, heading off in the direction the were originally heading.

Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #276 on: April 20, 2010, 04:31:28 PM »
Kitt stood, unsure of what to do for a few seconds... he was a soldier born and bred, and now a soldier without orders.... deciding on the most logical thing he ran after Tori, catching up with her as she picked up the box.... Slowing back down to her pace he walked alongside her....
"Dont you go wandering too far... we dont wanna lose any more people than we already have...."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #277 on: April 20, 2010, 05:27:29 PM »
Gavin's appearance turned from relaxed to on edge, his expression from gleeful serendipity and joy-of-randomosity to shock, as he watched the two leave off on their own.....Why? Why would they do something like that? Perhaps they had had the same feeling Gavin experienced, the off-handed glance of fate that told them to just go with their instincts. Whatever the reason, it saddened him greatly, but not so much so as to ruin the monkey's outlook. He turned and joined Tori and Kitt, smiling at the both of them, though this time 'round the smile was a bit more broken. "Why'd they do that?" Gavin asked Kitt, again thinking of Kitt as being one of more leaderly stature than himself.....he knew very well how it had turned out last time he'd asked Kitt a question, but it didn't scare him. He wasn't really scared of anything anymore.

Knowing the Acolyte and their kind, he probably should have been scared.....waaay more scared.....But acting with normal emotion just wasn't Gavin's style.
x

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #278 on: April 20, 2010, 06:31:29 PM »
Kitt turned to look at Gavin as they walked... staring straight ahead again he replied "I dunno why they gone.... all i know is we're gonna have it even harder without them two at our side...." He turned and looked back to Gavin again, attempting a half smile, it was however masked by a haunted and sullen look in his normally bright, amber eyes...
"We just keep going.... its my job ta  make sure you guys okay, thats what im gonna do..."

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #279 on: April 20, 2010, 06:58:53 PM »
"Then defensive position goes to you. You should be in charge of keeping people safe," Tori suggested to Kitt, taking a decisive tone, "If Felix heals right, he should help with that too," the wolf glanced back at the Clone, "Nero, if you could figure out how to get to that symbol or whatever it is, that would be helpful," Tori indicated her head toward the paper in the hyena's hands, "Gavin, I think it would be helpful if you were to help with hunting and gathering for food," She looked up at the monkey at her side, "And I'll try to work with whatever machines we can find to craft them into weapons or vehicles." Tori stopped, knowing the others still needed to catch up with them.
"There are only five of us left, so we need to push ourselves to survive."

Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #280 on: April 20, 2010, 07:04:55 PM »
Kitt stopped, slightly surprised at Tori's confident tone.... he didnt mind that she was taking control, it felt better be being given orders, it almost seemed to be reassuring to be given a direct order by someone.... He gave a mock salute, keeping one paw tight on the grip of his gun...
"Aye aye..."
With that he stopped to wait for the others to catch up, he kept his gun steady, scanning the horizon....

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #281 on: April 21, 2010, 01:55:51 AM »
"Will do." Gavin mock-saluted as well, his pathetic effort making it come off more of an accidental heil-Hitler than anything. He would do as he was told from now on, so long as his 'newfound karma' agreed with it. "You know..." he reccomended, also stopping alongside Kitt to wait upon the others, ever so ready to grab up his bat in a happy fury if anything went wrong..."...I'm pretty good at swinging from trees. I don't know how that'll help, but, hey, never know." He smiled dorkishly.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 02:13:44 AM by therebeunicorns »
x

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #282 on: April 21, 2010, 02:05:48 AM »
"Actually..."  Nero ran up and caught up to the group. "I've already discerned enough of these runes to know where this temple is!  It's actually fairly close, about 100 miles to the southeast.  I heard the Acolytes already dug it up but they haven't been able to get at the shrine inside."

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #283 on: April 21, 2010, 02:14:12 AM »
Felix gave the pair a curt nod, before turning around and.. being thrust back into new orders.
Orders he had control over. He smiled and gave a crisp salute to Tori.
"Things were certainly starting to perk up, besides the whole legs in pain thing" he said quietly to himself.

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #284 on: April 21, 2010, 09:51:46 PM »
Tori nodded to Kitt and smiled at Gavin, "If you can find a way to use your abilities to your advantage, go ahead and do it. And if you want to help with fighting, feel free."
Turning to Nero, the wolf's eyes lit up, "100 miles? We could make that in just a few days!" in a sudden realization, the color drained from her face, "But Southeast? There'll be more Acolytes, and I don't know if we can handle another onslaught," Tori's ears drooped, fearing all hope was lost, "We don't have much of a choice though."

Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings