The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Animus  (Read 22166 times)

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Too bad I couldn't get it in color *sniffle*
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: white fur, black hair, emrald eyes
  • Height: 5'2''
  • Weight: 117lbs
  • Build: vuluptious (curvy)
Re: The Animus
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2010, 01:45:33 AM »
As Tori was checking the back of the group for stragglers, the exchange between the monkey and the wildcat caught her eye. There was no need to be so blunt, he was just asking a question. She thought of going over and offering an explanation of the events, but she herself barely knew. It took her nearly the whole encounter to climb out of that ditch thanks to the mud. Luckily she didn't care much about cleanliness.
Tori jogged to reach the monkey, "Hey, sorry about him, I dont know what his deal is," she offered her hand, covered in a now brown work glove, "Name's Tori."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 01:47:29 AM by Dtannings »

Pets name: Yanos
Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2010, 01:58:14 AM »
Felix had been listening to the Soviet and White Wolf's conversation this whole trip, and each passing second of it made him sick to his stomach. He had enough of their crap.
Felix ran up the the Soviet Cat giving some civilians a hard time, and he decked him in the face.
"Oh lay off, we're supposed to be protecting these people.. and you're just mimicking your people's own government... I had a feeling having a Communist on-board with our party was a bad idea... guess I was right. All your doing is causing problems with civilians, who have their own problems!"

Then Felix turned to that really annoying White Wolf guy who gave everyone problems, and just wouldn't shut his mouth.
"And your no better yourself, for crying out loud you WERE a civilian, you just got lucky and found a pair of Mac10s and started posing like an action movie hero. For all your complaining, you have done absolutely nothing useful to us in ANY way... now unless you are ready to actually start carrying your weight around here, I expect you drop the attitude before I make you drop it... you get me?"
He stared into the eyes of White... he understood completely now why people didn't like him.
A few of the civilians gave Felix a curious gaze, wondering if he'll be another jerky soldier, or one who honestly cares.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2010, 02:12:47 AM »
Tired of listening to Felix's complaints, Shinzuu stopped in his tracks, turned and pulled out his M500 and pointed it at him. "That's enough, Felix! As much as I don't really approve of Kitt's methods, he gets the job done! We might have to be rough on the civilians if we're going to keep them moving and alive! We can't slack down for anything! And in case you didn't notice, Sergeant, we're all in the same boat! Now shut your yap and help with moving the rest of the group out! You're on first shift for guard duty."  Shinzuu retracted the hand cannon and holstered it, continuing to move forward, ushering all the remaining people forward. He grumbled to himself about insubordination and annoying little soldiers with a holier-than-thou complex.

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2010, 02:26:08 AM »
Tori tensed and turned, shocked at the sudden outburst from the clone and the apparent leader. She hadn't even moved her hand from the 'shaking-position'. Her jaw nearly dropped. She agreed that their actions were, well, on the jerky side, but being so brutal about it wasn't the best move in her opinion. She didn't want any fights to start, they just got out of a battle for god's sake. Tori turned away from the scene and back to the monkey, just prying nothing serious would happen.

Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2010, 02:28:15 AM »
Felix started mumbling about incompetent youngsters who somehow got to be his boss every big world-changing event.
Wait he's only 30 years old... Shinzuu isn't that far behind... oh thats right Felix was a couple generations cloned... right.....
"I gotta start remembering that more often so I don't feel like a senior citizen..." he thought to himself.

Well Felix attempted to serve his insubordination punishment to at least keep people alive and to not just yell at the Commander, hand cannon or not...

Speaking of which... Shinzuu insulted the Sargent in their first meeting, and he wonders why he's angry and complaining a lot.
To get back on the task at hand, Felix started to move ahead of the group and began scanning the area for hostiles.
No visuals... and about 5 more hours of just watching the same area over and over. He glanced back at the nervous looking Tori.

"Excuse me... Tori is it?" he asked, checking his corners one more time, before turning to face her.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2010, 02:33:56 AM »
Veronica just shook her head at the whole ordeal. Everybody was yelling at each other, and for what? To show that they were better than the other in some way? It was just plain stupid, even if one of the guys yelling was Shinzuu. As they "resolved" their issues, she kept urging the people forward. Every now and then she would have to pick a person up off the ground and get them moving again. "Boys and their egos..." She muttered and rolled her eyes.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2010, 03:04:47 AM »
"Ah...yes", Tori did her best to look sincere. She was happy that no guns went off, but this was surely a bad start to civil relations. "Can i help you with something?" she asked. Officers never typically payed any attention to her unless they wanted their equipment modified, so her nerves sky-rocketed. She began to picked the dried mud from her glove, grinning akwardly.

Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2010, 03:08:06 AM »
"I just wanted to know anything about that guy who calls himself White... nasty fellow he seems... and well I need someone to talk to to kill time, to be perfectly honest"

Felix said, exhaling and watching the steam that came from his gasmask when he did so.

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2010, 03:13:34 AM »
"Oh well, your guess is as good as mine, I rarely talk to people," she scratched her neck, "And I've never seen too much of him, or anyone really. I've been called a Wire-Noser before." Tori stared wide-eyed at her feet while she talked, unaccustomed to the social interaction. Not to mention, she'd never talked to a clone before. It didn't seem too different actually.

Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2010, 03:31:20 AM »
"'Tis Gavin." He smiled off-handedly, utterly shocked by the exchanges going on here. "Nice to meet you, Tori...though...why'd you come up to me like that? Most people don't even notice me." Gavin looked over her, then the clone in the gasmask, his smile dropping and quickly being replaced by his usual blank expression.
x

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2010, 03:45:12 AM »
Tori glanced at Gavin, then back at the Clone. She turned ever so slightly to the monkey,  "I just didn't like how that soldier treated you, and I thought you might need an ally in this group." Tori rubbed her shoulder and grinned at him, even more unfomfortable than before.

Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2010, 03:56:21 AM »
Gavin noticed her uncomfortableness and shook his head. "Just that......just that...nevermind. You sure you want to be my friend? I haven't had one in a long time, warning you right now." He stuck his hands in his pockets and frowned. The monkey had been wary of any kind of relationship ever since Trisha....
x

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2010, 04:09:38 AM »
The Grease-Wolf laughed nervously, "We're in the same boat then, I haven't had a friend since I discovered wrenches," Tori couldn't help but pat her tool belt. It was the only thing she had left from her old home, and it was a comfort to her. The wrench comment was true. After finding her passion, she didn't make time for friendships, and lost those she'd already had.

Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2010, 04:18:07 AM »
Gavin chuckled, but it was the dry sort of laugh that came from not being happy for a very long time. He nodded eagerly at Tori, truly glad that he had a friend but unsure how to go about the friendship process. "Well then, guess we should walk alongside the group here then. I think they pretty much know what they're doing."
x

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2010, 04:49:39 AM »
Shinzuu sat restlessly at the cafe of the Hilton as one of the medics stitched up his arm. He didn't like it, not one bit. If he had his choice, Shinzuu would just wrap it tighter and go back into the fight, but he knew his responsibilities and priorities came over his personal preferences. He had to continue to make decisions that would benefit the whole group's survival.