The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Animus  (Read 22169 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: The Animus
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2010, 03:04:19 PM »
Kitt got back to his feet, wiping a thin film of blood from his muzzle from Felix decking him... Spitting a glob of blood and saliva into the snow he straightened back up...
"I get my job done... Though you are right, I lost my whole team, all my comrades.... I shouldn't take it out on damned civies..."
With that he walked ahead of the group, avoiding any eye contact... AK at the ready he gripped the weapon tightly, paws shaking slightly....

Once at the Hilton Kitt sat with his back against the wall, hip flask in one paw he took another deep swig he pulled his helmet down further over his eyes, looking down at the ground he stripped his AK-47, and rebuilt it, over and over...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2010, 03:40:07 PM »
Veronica couldn't help but chuckle when she walked into the cafe of the Hilton and saw Shinzuu getting stitches. She knew that look. "Still hate getting medical treatment, huh Shinzuu?" She questioned though she already knew the answer. She found a jar of whole pickles in the fridge and grabbed one from it. "Ah, I missed these things..." She sighed before taking a very crunchy bite out of the pickle.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2010, 03:47:15 PM »
*White sat down at a table in the lobby and just sat there quietly, somewhat ignoring what Felix had said to him and irritable once again* "I have plenty reason to not be happy with anyone here, just like everybody in Alaska is not so happy with the rest of the world." *He passed the time by opening his butterfly knife and flipping it around* "I'm not your ordinary civilian, but I'm definitely no hero."[/]
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2010, 04:28:48 PM »
Shinzuu scoffed at Veronica's comment, "Tch! If it puts people's minds at ease, I'll do it. I still say there's still no replacement for good, old-fashioned quick healing of a well trained body to save on supplies. We can't afford to just use up our supplies for every little scratch." The medic finished up and snipped the thread after tying it off. Shinzuu rolled his sleeve down and sighed as he got up. He walked over and took Veronica's jar of pickles and took one out, eating it. Shinzuu put the bottle onto the table and walked on towards the entrance. "Heh, even with preservatives, those pickles still expire. That's why we have these." Shinzuu reached behind the bar and pulled out a box of Twinkies. He took out 3, bit off the tops of their wrappers and downed them in one bite. "Now that's good eatin'." Shinzuu made his way outside and placed a hand on Felix's shoulder. "I'll take watch. I expect you back here in  2 hours." Shinzuu downed two more Twinkies before putting the box down and grabbing his booze from his pocket.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2010, 04:32:44 PM »
*White sniffed the familiar scent of junk food in the air and hovered around the twinkies box as Shinzuu left* "Oh my god, I must have one. I never thought I'd see such delicious artery clogging goodness here." *He looked around sneakily and then made his way to the box and tried to take one while no one was looking* "Mine, mine, mine, mine!" *He dug his paw inside and tried to grab the delicious treats that awaited him*

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2010, 04:47:59 PM »
Kitt walked through into the cafe, it was where a large number of civilians had seemingly congregated... leaning against the cafe counter he unzipped his winter jacket, it was too warm inside, he was used to the cold.... Pulling out a pack of his own rations he was about to set about eating the mediocre meal when he though to himself...
"I'm in a cafe... why the heck am i eating rations, when i'm in a cafe?"
Smirking to himself he opened a cupboard and pulled out a pack of smoked ham, tearing open the packet he ambled over to where White was apparently trying to get some kind of snack without anyone noticing...

for some reason the prospect of fresh food, the chance of survival, and maybe that decking from the clone, Kitt was feeling in high spirits, and his outlook on all of this was a lot better than before... for the first time in ages he had to supress himself from laughing, the huge wolgon sneaking up on a pack of twinkies was aprantly very amusing to Kitt...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2010, 04:50:48 PM »
Shinzuu heard the rustling and chuckled. "Too late, you trigger-happy pig. I already ate the last one. They expired 3 months ago, but they were GOOOD." He continued to watch the premises as he spoke with White. "You know. Years ago, I signed my life over to the battlefield. It really doesn't suit you, in my opinion. They say that a part of your soul gets torn every time that you kill someone. I swore years ago that I would take the burden from civilians like yourself. Why must you insist on fighting?"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2010, 05:10:18 PM »
Kitt walked up beside White and Shinzuu, kalashnikov over one shoulder he chewed on another slice of ham... He mumbled past the ham obviously pleased at finally getting somthing other than rations... "Its true, though i didnt exactly have a choice, my country signed me over to the battlefield... cant be helped..."
Taking another bite of smoked ham he threw the now empty packaging away...
"So Shinzuu... we got here, now what?"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2010, 05:16:02 PM »
Shinzuu sighed and kept eying the surroundings carefully. "We're going to rest for one day before we head out again. Tomorrow, we fully restock on supplies and get a new change of clothes. Even though I'm fond of these, my BDU's and camouflage just don't cut it for me. Plus, this military coat is quite a bother. I'm probably going to find something similar to my old civies that were left in the base back down south. Green's just not my color, you know? We'll stay one more night, and then we'll be off early the next morning. It should be ample time before we get attacked again. That Acolyte was far different from any others I've ever encountered. If he's as smart as I make him out to be, he won't be back for another week. He might send others, but he'll be out for a while. Now, why don't you get some rest for now? Come back in 6 hours and take over for Felix then."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2010, 05:31:55 PM »
"Sounds like a plan sir, see ya in six hours or so...
With that Kitt saluted, the traditional soviet scout salute, before turning and walking off to find somewhere to sleep... he gave up and simply dropping his combat pack to the floor and lay down leaning against the cafe wall with his pack as a pillow, and because he had been ordered to by a superior officer, slept...

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2010, 06:14:27 PM »
*White looked at the inside of the box after Shinzuu told him it was already a futile effort* "Damn! So close to such delicious treats of heaven... wait what? Fighting? Me? No you must be confusing me with someone else, why on Earth would I want to fight for my own life in the post-apocalypse? I mean it's not like my life depends on my own actions now or anything, not like as if the entire world's government system has crumbled under a wave of sludge creatures that we know almost NOTHING about. You're suggesting I not fight at all in this dire moment? I think I'd rather die trying than on my knees anytime." *The wolgon sighed* "There's no point in arguing with you." *He walked away quietly*

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2010, 07:27:19 PM »
Veronica eyed her pickle then shrugged. "Tastes fine to me." She said before finishing off the pickle. Rummaging through a cupboard, she found an unopened box of Triscuits. She set the box on the bar and unzipped her jacket, which exposed the fact that her top only covered as much as a sports bra. Many of the guys that had a view of her stared and women whispered to each other as they gave her dirty looks. "Don't give me those looks." She said, rolling her eyes after she had looked around and seen the reactions. "Military training does this to a person's body, it's not my fault that these guys are staring because of my clothing choice. I have no interest in having any of them and I have no interest in what you girls think of me." The guys faces dropped as they resumed what they were doing and the girls decided to attempt to chat-up the guys. She finished taking off her jacket and hung it over her arm as she opened the box of Triscuits, starting to eat them.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2010, 08:15:54 PM »
Kitt rolled over from his pack, the noise of Vee and other people had woken him up... he pushed his helmet out of his eyes and stared groggily at Vee...
"Couldya keep't down a lil'... some people'r tryin... sleepmshsffrhhhsshhh......."
The rest of his sentence was lost as he rolled back over onto his backpack, snoring within seconds....

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2010, 04:48:44 AM »
Gavin eventually came to the Hilton.......to be thrown off his feet by all the blood, all the suffering and anguish within the walls there. His kindly encounter with Tori had given the monkey a false sense of reason, a false sense of place in the world...maybe even a false sense of pride in his abilities to socialize. Once he gathered his bearings, Gavin slipped off his pack, slumped his shoulders, curled his bandaged tail and went to look for a secluded place to sleep where no-one would see, bother or even care about him.
x

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2010, 08:13:39 PM »
With a mumbled grunt Kitt shoved himself up from his pack, rubbing his eyes he yawned widely... He got to his feet and hoisted his combat pack back onto his shoulders, ensured his Ak-47 was strapped securely across his back and set off towards the front of the Hilton to find Felix and relieve him of the watch... on the way he passed the monkey who he had met earlier...

Walking past him Kitt looked the other way, he felt embarrassed about the way he had acted earlier, it was only the way he had been trained... he knew no better.... but then again, what did he care? That monkey was just another civillian, another burden... Kitt shook his head lightly, trying to sort out of the conflicting ideology.... better he just found Felix and got onto watch duty, though he had a feeling Felix may not exactly take it well that he was being relieved for a 'commie', as he had so bluntly put it...