The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Animus  (Read 22177 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: The Animus
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2010, 09:17:08 AM »
Kitt walked out of the Hilton in the cooler air outside... he noticed Felix sitting alone on a large rock just to the left of the hotel's entrance.... Walking over to him Kitt slung his AK over one shoulder and dropped his combat pack to the ground, before sitting down himself, and leaning his back against another nearby rock...

Pulling out a cigarette he lit up, and took a long drag before exhaling and looking out across the city... he looked over to Felix and took another drag...
"S'gonna be a long night, eh?"
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2010, 10:59:41 AM »
Shinzuu had finally gotten out of the shower and just dried himself, and flopped onto the bed with nothing but a towel. He sighed as the night dragged on, the sight of his failure running through his mind continuously. After an hour or so, Shinzuu finally fell asleep. He woke up at around a quarter to eight the next morning and groaned as he got up. At least we had no scuffles. To wake himself up and to keep his discipline up, Shinzuu jumped out of bed (As well as his towel, not on purpose) and hit the floor, doing 100 push-ups and then moved onto sit-ups.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2010, 03:48:49 PM »
For Veronica, sleep came rather quickly. It was a dreamless night for her. She was up early the next morning, yawning and stretching. Getting up off the bed, she left the room. She went around knocking on doors and waking all the others up if they weren't up already. Finally, she got to Shinzuu's room and heard movement inside so she knew he was up. She knocked lightly and turned the handle, slowly opening the door. "Shinzuu, I --" She started to report that she had woken everybody up, but abruptly stopped when she saw that he was naked and covered her mouth. "Oh I'm sorry." She said rather quickly, running her words together, and closed the door fast. She walked at a rushed pace to the lobby, her cheeks beat red under her fur.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2010, 08:59:58 PM »
Kitt had fallen asleep against the rock and snored lightly, his helmet had tipped down over his eyes... the first morning rays worked their way up until they finally shone into his previously shaded eyes... groaning the soviet feline rolled to his left, only to end up jabbing himself painfully in his side with his ice-pick...

giving a mumble of pain he pushed himself up, stretching and groaning.... His cigarette had burnt out to a tiny butt, and even now still smouldered slightly... giving one last drag on the wretched thing he got to his feet and yawned, hefting his AK-47 onto one shoulder...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2010, 09:02:34 PM »
Kitt walked out of the Hilton in the cooler air outside... he noticed Felix sitting alone on a large rock just to the left of the hotel's entrance.... Walking over to him Kitt slung his AK over one shoulder and dropped his combat pack to the ground, before sitting down himself, and leaning his back against another nearby rock...

Pulling out a cigarette he lit up, and took a long drag before exhaling and looking out across the city... he looked over to Felix and took another drag...
"S'gonna be a long night, eh?"
"Yep.." He began to say, but then saw the Soviet Cadet quickly fall asleep.
"Lucky he gets to sleep... only 6 more hours of guard duty" He thought, yawning.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2010, 09:08:07 PM »
Next Morning!

((for those of you who aren't there yet))

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2010, 09:15:19 PM »
Kitt looked over at Felix as he checked and loaded his Kalashnikov...
"if Shinzuu gives you guard duties again, I'l happily take 'em for you comrad..."
With a loud ~kashnik~ he let the bolt on his weapon slide home and secured the strap across one shoulder... pulling his combat pack up from the rock he pulled it onto his back and yawned again...
"I dont mind doin' it... I never seem to wake up feeling any better than the night before.."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2010, 09:32:21 PM »
Shinzuu stopped his sit-ups at the top as Veronica walked in on him naked. "What is..?" He stopped as Veronica cut him short to say sorry and left. What's her problem? Am I getting pudgy or something? I keep fit everyday... Finally, he shrugged and finished up before jumping up and then getting into his worn and torn uniform. Ugh... finally, I'll be able to get back into better clothes. These things are useless and smell worse than a pile of (Censored) baking in the sun. Shinzuu walked out of his room and saluted the others while returning hellos. He went straight for the cafe and started going through the makeshift buffet that Rocher had made for everyone. Shinzuu chuckled as he saw the young fox in an apron over his uniform. "Hey Rocher, you might make someone a good wife someday."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2010, 10:40:51 PM »
Veronica had grabbed her food from the buffet in silence, only speaking to tell Rocher that he did a good job. She had sat down at a table by herself and had already been eating for a few minutes when Shinzuu walked in. Not wanting to look at him since she was still feeling embarrassed, she stared at the table as she ate her food. Taking a drink of her orange juice, she quickly spit it back out. "Ugh! That's disgusting!" She shouted, not concerned with looks she was probably getting from others. She put the glass in the middle of the table, knowing she wouldn't touch it again.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2010, 01:48:15 AM »
*White grumbled as he rolled off the table and his chair onto the ground into a morning sunbeam shining through the window* "Wow it's a friggin miracle, I'm still alive." *White brushed himself off and got up, the ears on his head almost turning into pancakes from folding down to lessen the amount of sound coming from the girl pissed off at her expired orange juice* "Hey you lady could you quiet down? The Sun's coming out so some of us aren't exactly awake yet, can I have that orange juice drink if you're not gonna drink it?" *Before waiting for a reply, he walked over to the table and grabbed it and shot it down like as if it were hard liquor*

"Damn you were right, that is some strong stuff, but I think I can hold it down." *He grinned at the girl and walked away going back to his table domain by turning the chair right side up again and sitting down to hang his head over the back of the chair* "I'm sooooo bored."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2010, 03:32:35 AM »
Solitude. One measly little word was all it took to sum up the monkey's existance, his reason for being, and as if to prove this point...Gavin woke up alone the next morning. He half expected to turn over, open his eyes, and see Trisha there. But that was a broken hope. Sighing, the monkey unslung his pack and started to rifle through it for breakfast, letting the bleak thrumming noises of the desolate basement level keep him company.
x

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2010, 12:07:22 PM »
Kitt walked into the cafe; surprised, and very glad, to see that a makeshift buffet had been set up... getting his breakfast from a fox who had so far not talked to he turned back to the tables, almost all of which where full of civilians or groups of soldiers... almost every table, except the one Vee had sat at... recognising her as the cadet Shinzuu had ordered him to train alongside, he walked over and sat down on the opposite side of the table...

He mumbled a friendly "Morning..." In between yawning widely... he dropped his combat pack and AK to the ground at his feet with a heavy thunk and a clatter.. before turning his attention to some very tasty looking scrambled eggs and bacon...

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Too bad I couldn't get it in color *sniffle*
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: white fur, black hair, emrald eyes
  • Height: 5'2''
  • Weight: 117lbs
  • Build: vuluptious (curvy)
« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »
Not finding sleep for the rest of the night, Tori stared with bloodshot, black rimmed eyes at the buffet. Are these people crazy?! We should be packing, preserving, and rationing whatever food we find, not chowing down! She looked across at the civilians and officers eating as much as they please, and spitting things out if it wasn't perfect. We'll be scavenging for roots and hunting mice before the week is out at this rate! The wolf couldn't stand the look of the food any longer. With her aching hunger and need to conserve food, she fled outside.
In the cold morning air, she contemplated ways to stand up to their leaders. Someone needed to tell these people that a normal diet wouldn't suffice in the world they'd been thrown into. If I confront the General, or any other officers for that matter, I'm afraid I might get shot. With those tempers, I doubt they'd put up with a civilian making suggestions.
Tori rubbed her shoulders in fear of inevitable starvation.

Pets name: Yanos
Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2010, 06:35:34 PM »
Shinzuu finished up his breakfast and then jumped up onto the couch at the edge of the lounge, adjacent to the cafe. "Okay folks! Here's the news you've been waiting for! I know you are all really enjoying your spoiled breakfast, but you might want to listen up, lest you prefer to stay in the hotel all day. Now, today, we will all be going out, in a group, to grab new needed clothes. Before you get all crazy, know that you may NOT go anywhere by yourself, always stay with your assigned groups. Tomorrow, we're going to be leaving here, so enjoy your time as much as you can. Private Rocher will call out your names and your assigned groups. Each group will be led by 2 soldiers. Men, make sure you bring your groups back in time for supper at 7pm sharp. If there is an emergency, be sure to shoot your flares and head straight back. Medic team, you will bring 4 with your group to gain our traveling medical supplies. Remaining Scout Team, split into two groups. Alpha Team will be getting preserved foods throughout the city for our travels. Bravo Team will search the city for any and all weapons and ammunition. Alright, let's make sure we finish up and be out of here in an hour. Role call will be in 45 minutes."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2010, 07:10:21 PM »
Kitt listened to Shinzuu, but most of his attention was directed to the bacon and eggs... he swallowed the still piping hot breakfast with ferocity, and ecstatic pleasure...
"Oh god... you have no... idea.... how nice that tastes... after a year of living off'a soviet issue rations..."
He looked up, realising that the only person who could have heard that was Vee, who was eating her own breakfast... he shrugged, swallowing another mouthfull...
"And now im going crazy... talking... to myself...