The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66807 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #1020 on: March 28, 2011, 03:48:30 PM »
Ember rolled her eyes at what Dante said, considering him extremely naive like she usually thought. As she listened to Vosur explain about the psycho necromancer, she continued tearing chunks away from the piece of meat and eating them. When Vosur said his last couple of sentences, she had just bitten into the meat and the last thing he said caused her to grin with her teeth still sunk into the meat. She tore the meat away and listened to Lazaryos' response to Chrono as she chewed it then ate the last part of the piece of meat.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1021 on: March 30, 2011, 12:01:29 AM »
Chrono couldn't help but cackle, as the humor was not enough for true laughter. "All those books and no bestiary on the Dragon? Are these legends all that anyone bothers to go by, or was your library censoring books on animals?" He readied his blade with another flourish and started crossing the bridge, only to stop when he was about five feet from the closest member to him. "After this I probably should put a book together, maybe you could help if your greed doesn't get you killed. How 'bout it Lightning mage??"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1022 on: March 30, 2011, 04:29:20 AM »
Dante grew a sudden disgusted face at the explanation of the "psycho" (He was just misunderstood.). "How can people take the life of another so easily? It sickens me...The thought of taking something so precious without remorse. It's just so strange...The world we live in. Killing one another for what someone has, just because they want it. The amount of greed in this world, malice and hatred..." he forced himself to stop, figuring he was rambling.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #1023 on: March 30, 2011, 06:46:27 AM »
Vosur started to edge Dante away from Ember, hopefully to give him the idea to keep his distance from her. "It was much less than remorse and more towards he seemed to enjoy it from what I could see." he muttered. "I'm no saint either, Padre... I have my own scarlet-letter to bear. Revenge is my sin that I'll be approaching the river of Purgatory with, if I even manage to get that good of an afterlife." He managed to back Dante a few steps away before he gets away from him and Ember, going on his way towards their destination. He pulls his sword and sheath set from off of his belt with Chrono, catching sight of the end of the bridge. "Ready?" he speaks to the others.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1024 on: March 30, 2011, 11:43:39 PM »
Lazaryos sighed as he got up, "With your brain power, hatchling, I'm sure you'll manage to write two words by year's end. Yes, pup, it's about time. Let's go." He turned around and started walking down the bridge slowly. As soon as Lazaryos set foot on the bridge, and it creaked, the dragons' attention snapped to, raising their heads, and peered at the bridge, tails twitching for action and an expecting dinner.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1025 on: March 31, 2011, 02:21:36 AM »
Ember just listened to the others as she chew that last bit of the meat slower than she had with the rest of it. When Lazaryos got up, she got up as well and waited for him to get to where she was before she turned to face the dragons on the other end. She glared into one of the dragon's eyes as she recognized their eagerness. "I'll be the only one doing the cooking..." She muttered in a low tone like she was just talking to the dragon as if it was right face-to-face with her.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1026 on: April 01, 2011, 11:11:33 PM »
Dante barely noticed Vosur getting him away from Ember, being so concerned with the world and how it was wrong. When they time came for them to move he looked at the dragons looking at them with dismay. He was still confused at how he was going to fight such a foe. Even swinging his cross would do little to nothing, but it would probably be better then trying to put it in a choke hold. He was not looking forward to this fight, should he even survive he would still have to deal with the others. And his planned idea with Vosur was probably not going to happen.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1027 on: April 02, 2011, 02:47:41 PM »
Pausing for a moment while looking at the dragons, Vosur then put his sword-and-sheath back on his belt as he looked to them. "With armor that thick and that well-covered, swordplay is nearly out of the question. If we fight them, we're going to have to fight them intelligently. Everything in this world has a weakness, even these behemoths as well." he muttered, mostly to himself as he pulled out his normal cards, shuffling them about in his hands as in an idle manner while walking. "But not much is said about dragons other than just immense power and size. The only soft portions of their bodies I can see right now are the eyes, inside of the mouth, and the nostrils... but even getting close enough to hit them is risky if some of the dragon-lore I've heard is true. Breathing fire, control over the elements... but most those are just stories, no first-hand accounts written."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1028 on: April 03, 2011, 12:32:35 AM »
Lazaryos maintained eye contact with the dragons, but began to speak, "Not necessarily. Apparently, the main one over there is the only fire breather. I've seen ancient tomes that described many different dragons that were smaller than the one that breathed fire, but most of the time, most of the writings were torn, worn, or burnt off. I've seen different portions of words that seem to be used for other elements, but that was never fully confirmed. Finding about the fire breather was hard enough to decipher, but the consistencies found over 200 tomes confirmed one fire breathing dragon, most of the time labeled the 'grand fire dragon'. I think the reason we weren't able to fight the fire breather was because it's the only one that's been guarding every single Mana expedition in history. That's all I've been able to-" He stopped short as the dragons began growling and spread their wings, though not leaving their spots, they seemed ready.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1029 on: April 03, 2011, 01:24:18 AM »
Ember listened to Vosur and then to Lazaryos as they both spoke while her eyes stayed on the dragon, which happened to be the fire-breathing one that they fought before. Her eyes switched to the other dragon when both of them readied themselves for the fight they knew was coming to them. But she only looked at that dragon for a few seconds before switching her attention back to the fire-breather. The fact that it would be a bigger challenge for her to fight one that used her own element enticed her. "Bring it!" She said in her mind like her and the dragon were somehow linked, which they obviously weren't.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1030 on: April 03, 2011, 03:55:32 AM »
Chrono listened to Lazaryos with rapt attention, then turned when he heard the growling. "Well, I believe we have to eliminate both of them, so I guess we'll be the first to kill this 'grand fire dragon'." He was making his way closer to the dragons, but couldn't keep his legs from shaking under him. Of course, I don't get cold feet from the Blue Crimson, but a 'distant relative' is making fight or flight kick in automatically.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1031 on: April 03, 2011, 10:08:19 PM »
"So, old man, what's the plan on fighting these guys?" Vosur spoke as he looked to both of the dragons. "Try to lure one of them out so we can take it down or are we going to fight both of them at once?" He seemed to slow down as he was looking at the dragons, taking their immense size into account and playing few a through battle scenarios in his mind. One of them almost made him snicker if he didn't seem so out of it, the idea of him playing around with the dragon as he did with the large cavalryman was a funny sight to him before he snapped out of it to catch up with the others.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1032 on: April 04, 2011, 12:47:37 AM »
Lazaryos stopped halfway down the bridge, as the dragons both stood, eying the group, "You'd have to be a complete idiot to tangle with the grand dragon that we've been messing with since the Arena. That son of a bitch has been around since the first Mana expedition, I'm not gonna risk my life and [censored] with that one. Our best plan is to deter him long enough to kill the other one, or to rush in without being killed. There is no record that survived the ages that ever told of how to fight them. Every single record for the last thousand years that has been recovered either leaves the fights with the dragons omitted or they were lost either by fire or had been torn out and never found." He sweat as he watched the dragons, "And it seems that if we pass the halfway mark on the bridge, they will begin their attack. It'll be a long run, and it seems that there's another 400 meters (1/4 of a mile) after the bridge ends, and it's too open ended to make an easy break, and the passage seems only big enough for one person at a time. I'm sorry, but even I can't do anything in this condition. It's going to just try to deter them and try for a quick break, but it'll be hardest after we get off the bridge."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1033 on: April 04, 2011, 01:58:47 AM »
Ember paused next to Lazaryos with one foot lifted in mid-step as he mentioned that the dragons would attack when they crossed the halfway point in the bridge, hesitated, and then pulled her foot back to set it beside the other one. As she stood there looking at both of the dragons, her mind lingered on the fact that this was going to be the hardest part of the journey so far. She remembered that she could very well die here and not even make it to the Mana. Shaking her head, she tried to push those thoughts away and just focus on the task at hand.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1034 on: April 05, 2011, 10:07:24 PM »
Chrono shrugged after Lazaryos finished banishing his delusions of grandeur, and stood just to the right of Lazaryos. "You know we've been fighting battles where, defeat followed by death, always seemed imminent. The only way this will seem harder, is if one of us bites the dust before we get off the bridge. Personally, I don't want to rely on yet another miracle occuring to save our collective hides; is it possible to have the dragons accidentally attack each other?"