The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66806 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #1035 on: April 07, 2011, 05:42:10 AM »
Vosur stopped as well with the group, reaching his hand out to stop Dante from going in further. "My sentiments exactly, I'd rather have them fighting each other somehow than fighting us while we carry on." With the hand that he had his cards in, he put them away to grab out a smaller piece of smoked meat to eat on it. "Maybe if we had bait... that might get them to quarrel over it? They have got to be very hungry, but well-trained indeed, creatures to wait this long for prey. They haven't made a move towards us yet."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1036 on: April 07, 2011, 02:13:29 PM »
Lazaryos sighed, "That ain't happening, but if you want some bait..." He turned and grabbed hold of Dante's robe, "I think the anti-killing fanatic would be happy to protect us by sacrificing his body." Lazaryos was hoping that Ember paid attention, since he wanted to make her at least chuckle with the idea, or make her happy by actually doing it, though Vosur would probably have something to say about it.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1037 on: April 07, 2011, 04:02:15 PM »
Ember listened to Chrono and then Vosur as she kept her eyes on the dragons. When Lazaryos spoke, she turned her head to watch him as she listened to him. At his grabbing of Dante and suggesting him as bait, she did actually laugh. "Well, what are you waiting for?" She asked, crossing her arms with a smirk on her face. "Give him a nice shove past this point of no return that we're standing behind." She didn't actually expect Lazaryos to do it, but she wouldn't have minded if he did.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1038 on: April 10, 2011, 11:53:11 PM »
Dante got free from Lazaryos' grip after they had their laughs. "I would cast my vote for grumpy as it stands...But as it is I would rather not die for your pleasure. Though with my current skills I would probably be more beneficial as a distraction..." He pictured himself running back and forth from the dragons as they breathed fire at him. The others just walked by going on their merry ways as he fought for survival.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1039 on: April 11, 2011, 12:55:46 AM »
Vosur finished the food he bit into then stepped back. He looked to the others as he took up a sprinter's starting-stance while looking to the others. "Sorry everyone... I was able to out-run all of you. If anyone's going to be a distraction, it has to be someone fast enough to out-run a dragon or agile enough to evade their attacks, even 'Miss Firebrand' over here doesn't quite fit the bill, though she'd fare better than you, Padre. On top of that, I probably smell like food anyways since I've got all of these pockets filled with smoked meat. If the old-man of this motley crew has enough Majicka for a flash-ball, then I might be able to stand a chance against running from two dragons. Any arguments on this plan?" he spoke to the others as he looked ahead to plot a route, looking for any points of shelter to hide out in along the way.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1040 on: April 11, 2011, 03:09:20 PM »
Lazaryos sighed, "I guess it's better than anything I can think of. But know that unlike us, any kind of large flash of light won't be enough to do any more than just a couple seconds, particularly against the big one over there. Remember, it's the only dragon that's been guarding the Mana entrance for thousands of years, and possibly even since the beginning of time. When I throw the flares, move." He closed his fists and lightning streamed from his eyes as more gathered around his hands. "These flares take too long to make, so this will be your only flash cover." After the lightning settled, Lazaryos threw both light balls right at the dragons, signalling for Vosur to go. The dragons lept off their perches as Vosur ran, and Lazaryos ignited the flares. The larger dragon roared as it was temporarily blinded, but the other one continued on as it was unfazed by the flare. Oh shit! It must be... Lazaryos ran as hard as he could after Vosur as the smaller dragon opened its mouth and shot out lightning. His eyes streamed with lightning again as he charged his body with negatively charged lightning and diverted the stream from hitting Vosur at the last second. The lightning struck Lazaryos' outstretched hand, and he roared himself, the pain of the lightning coursing through his body. Lazaryos fell to his knees and grunted as he mixed his own Majicka with the lightning and roared once more, expelling it all from his own mouth.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 03:14:25 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1041 on: April 11, 2011, 08:45:50 PM »
Ember bolted after Lazaryos when he took off when the other dragon wasn't fazed by the flares. When he was hit by the lightning she was worried for him, but just kept running toward him. She didn't dare to touch him until he expelled it from his mouth which was just before she had gotten to him. Once she was by him, she grabbed a hold of him and pulled him to his feet as quickly as she could. "Come on, we need to move!" She urged him as she started to run again.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1042 on: April 11, 2011, 10:36:23 PM »
Chrono made a run for it just the instant before the flare went off, and covered his eyes as it did. He knew Vosur was supposed to distract, but his sword took top priority as he was less effective in a one-sword style. Vosur may be fast, but his distractions won't mean anything when that dragon feels me climb up its back. Might as well get this out of the way...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1043 on: April 12, 2011, 03:15:11 AM »
Dante was the last person to dart off, he saw Lazaryos fall down as he was running down the bridge. "I could probably carry him. Just not with my cross...Should I try? EEEEEEEEEEEEH......Not like I have much else I can contribute. Ember will probably try to light me on fire, but meh." he thought as he neared them. He took his cross from his back and cocked it back in his arm readying to hurl it like a javelin. He slid as he was a few feet from Ember and Lazaryos before launching his cross through the air. It went a considerable distance, sticking into the ground in between the where the two dragons had perched. After which he scooped up Lazaryos, placing him on his back. "C'mon, time for a ride!" he said as he began to run off. "If he doesn't kill me, Ember will."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1044 on: April 12, 2011, 07:30:46 AM »
Vosur had a decent head-start in front of the dragons, the lightning-dragon leading. He caught a glimpse at what Lazaryos did, distracted to the point where he turned his head back in front just in time to react to prevent smacking into a dead-tree, the two dragons flying overhead as Vosur took a sharp right-turn after the tree. The dragons followed after him, as he anticipated, so he started to lure them towards the arena, constantly changing direction to prevent them from catching him with their claws or their breath-attacks. "My boy, this is the most reckless and ironic thing you've ever done." he muttered to himself as he was breathing heavily. "If you make it out of this alive, no one will ever believe you that you played Tag with dragons."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1045 on: April 13, 2011, 03:22:11 PM »
Lazaryos felt a bit flustered when Ember took his hand, but it quickly went away at being hefted by Dante. He quickly got out of the healer's hold and shoved him ahead, "Get your goddamn hands off me, you hypocritical crack!" The grand dragon came by as they made it across the bridge, letting loose a river of fire against the group. Lazaryos did his best to shield it with lightning, but the fire was stronger and breached right through it, hurling towards the group.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1046 on: April 13, 2011, 11:58:00 PM »
Ember was surprised by Dante picking up Lazaryos, especially since she knew that he didn't need to be carried, but she wasn't surprised by Lazaryos' reaction to being picked up. She would have laughed but at the moment she was all business so she didn't make a sound as she continued running. When she saw the river of fire coming at them, she was ready for it. She got ahead of Lazaryos and shot her own fire at the oncoming fire from the dragon, redirecting it so it went around them instead of hitting them.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1047 on: April 15, 2011, 12:43:56 AM »
Chrono dove near the railing as the fire came forth, making sure the flames would only harm his backside as he knew he couldn't take a frontal hit of dragon-flame. He waited for the fire to pass, then got right back up and tried to take advantage of Vosur's distraction by getting within close proximity to the dragon. He had to wait for it to come down since he couldn't jump up to it, which made him feel rather useless at that time.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:29:31 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1048 on: April 15, 2011, 01:32:11 AM »
Dante stumbled forward after being shoved, still running and barely able to avoid falling over. "Fine, see if I ever help you again old man!" he shouted back. When the dragon flew at them he slid to a stop, that's when Ember deflected it with an attack of her own which he thought was pretty cool. After the threat was gone he made a dash for his cross and continued to run once having it. He knew he couldn't fight the dragons so he tried to make it passed them.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1049 on: April 20, 2011, 04:38:05 AM »
Vosur tried to be more erratic in his evasion of the dragons, still trying to keep them lured away from the group though he had to run by them to avoid getting a tail-fire from the Grand Fire Dragon. He kept running into very little vegetation to use as cover, even the upcoming rock formations were not large enough to hide himself in. "The further I run, the less cover I get, I gotta think of something fast or else I'm toast!" he managed to breathe out, glancing towards the group to see their progress, muttering under his breath towards them as he tried to keep the distraction going. "You better hurry up or you're going to get a couple of unwanted guests."