The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66887 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2010, 01:04:15 AM »
Ember shook her head in disappointment as she witnessed the Normal climbing on Lazaryos to get to the shiny object. She then watched Lazaryos send a spell at the Normal as he tried to scramble towards the object. All of this over some random shiny thing when they don't even know what it is? "Might as well try to end this before they kill each other..." She thought to herself, taking a couple steps forward while still shielding her mouth and nose. "Of course, they could try to kill me..." She remembered, but shrugged a few seconds after and took a deep, nasty smelling breath, holding it in. Taking step after step, each one faster than the last, she finally jumped in the air with her arms out. She flapped them once...twice...three times to get herself high enough then let herself glide towards where the object was, only having to flap once more to make sure she stayed high enough. Landing on top of the latrine, she grabbed the object and looked at it for a few seconds. "It's a stone. I don't see what's so special about it..." She thought as she slipped it into her bag. She jumped and glided back in the direction of where she had started from but a little ways away because she didn't know how the others would react knowing that she had the object they were trying to retrieve. When she landed she pulled the stone from her bag and looked at the others, exhaling. She had just spent probably all of her flight time for the day on a stone since her wings didn't work for extended periods of flight.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2010, 01:20:18 AM »
*Nitrous walked slowly behind the gargoyle bat girl quietly sneaking from tree to tree, until he could clearly see the latrine ahead* "Ugh, that's what this is all about? Just some crapper..." *He noticed something reflect off of the sunlight in that same general direction* "Oh... you sly tiger boy, that's what this all about... wait who's that?" *The wolf noticed a dragon trying to continue forward to get to the shining object* "I wonder if all this trouble is even worth it. To actually make it difficult for the tiger to get to his goals though always sounds appealing."

*He grinned as he focused dark energy into his paws with a direct aim at the back of the tiger's head* "Take this!" *He yelled as he shot the dark energy like a speeding missile upon the feline*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2010, 01:25:30 AM »
Chrono struggled with the electricity coursing though his system, the magic resistance making the pain a bit more bearable as he dragged himself towards the shiny object with the eyes of a true animal. Of course, if the mage had any ideas about trying to flaunt his victory over Chrono, he would quickly grab his leg and return the favor by sending whatever electricity his armor was still holding back into the mage that threw it at him.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2010, 11:41:59 AM »
Lararyos almost yelped at getting hit by the dark spell. In a rage, he pulled Chrono back with his staff still hooked onto him and released a paralyzing electrical wave dome from his staff's topaz that spread past Nirtous, taking down many Normals and Mages that had stopped to point and laugh at the group. Lazaryos roared as he joints ached from the high-level spell.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2010, 04:53:15 PM »
Ember watched the boys continue dueling, Nitrous having joined in. They were obviously completely oblivious to the fact that she had already grabbed the stone and came back. "Helloooo...booooys..." She said, waving the hand that was holding the stone in the air. "BOYS!" She yelled, pulling her hand down frustratedly from the air to her side. Then she started to turn towards the north. "Alright...guess I'll just...go...and take this thing with me..." She turned her head towards the direction her body was already facing and began walking away a little slower than her usual pace, remaining alert in case they decided to throw spells her way.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 04:55:49 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2010, 05:20:22 PM »
*Nitrous noticed Ember holding the stone as soon as she started making lots of noise, but unfortunately for him he was already on the ground writhing from an electric shock* "Zzzzttt-At---zzzt least I---zzzz stopped tiger boy." *His head fell over and the wolf was forced to rest for a couple of minutes* "Gargoyle bat girl can't get too far, because she's not going to leave tiger boy behind too much probably.." *He grinned*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2010, 09:37:59 PM »
Chrono wanted to get the shiny that he saw in the gargoyles hand, and forced his body to get up, and then felt the numbness and pain go straight to the center of his head. This is a pretty crippling experience if you're not used to being on the recieving end of spells, the equivalent to having a sledgehammer repeatedly bashing against your head, but no death or unconsiousness to take it away.

With a grunt and a growl, he was back up and chasing after the gargoyle on all fours, the openings in his helmet glowing bright from the lightning his eye took in.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2010, 11:14:16 PM »
Lazaryos got on his feet right away, despite the pain and chased after Ember, using Chrono as a stepping stone. "Payback's a (censored), buddy!" He ran as fast as he could without tripping and pointed his staff at Ember, firing a lightning net ball similar to the ones he used on the beasts from the night before. The lightning spread open into a net above Ember and wrapped tight around her as it landed onto her.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2010, 01:11:01 AM »
Ember wasn't surprised by the net that appeared around her, not really. She slowly sat down on the ground Indian-style with her arms crossed, tightly gripping the stone in her hand and closing her eyes. Waiting for the removal of the net, she just breathed deeply. She was going to keep the stone within her possession until she was told what it was. Lazaryos was in for a surprise if he kept this kind of thing up. She could only contain herself so long.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2010, 03:46:30 AM »
*Nitrous recovered from his electric shock and got up, running in the direction of the tiger* "Come back here you fiend!" *The deranged wolf chased while continuing to breathe with the smell of fecal matter in the air* "Ugh... I'll never get used to that crapper, I need to get the hell out of here." *He moved faster and eventually got up behind the feline a few yards away hiding behind a tree*

*The wolf looked around the corner to notice Ember under a net* "Oh no, I can't believe he'd harm his forsaken love." *He cackled to himself in a low voice* "Oh this is good, I gotta watch and see how this tale turns out."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2010, 02:35:22 PM »
The last shock Chrono recieved had pulled his mind away from the obssession, and he felt a massive headache as he got up and walked away from the group and resuming on his walk. "Shock therapy... how convenient" he mused while somewhat ignorant of the glow his third eye was giving off, not knowing it was converting the spell's effect into mana that he would never use.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2010, 02:42:16 PM »
Lazaryos moved up to Ember and pointed a finger at the stone. Some lightning left his finger and hit the net. It began to break and weave into Ember's clenched fist into the stone. Without warning, the lightning was shot out of the stone uncontrollably and shocked the two of them. Lazaryos landed on his rump and grunted. He looked up and found the stone to be fully in its pure element without the rock covering most of it. Lazaryos sighed in disappointment, "And here I thought it would be a White Topaz. Just a stupid flawed diamond. Feel free to keep it if you want, it's completely useless to me." He continued on north, after the dragon. Dammit! I would've liked to have a pure Topaz. (censored)!!!!!!!

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2010, 02:59:53 PM »
Ember released the stone with a slight pained sound from the shock. She grabbed the diamond from the ground and stood up, starting to walk north after Lazaryos. "Well, I like it. When things are flawed, they can still be beautiful, even if they have no use." She said as she looked down at the diamond in her left hand. She held it up in the sunlight and watched it sparkle then lowered her hand to her side as she continued to walk, still holding the diamond tightly.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2010, 03:24:32 PM »
*He laughed to himself as he watched the feline storm off without the stone* "Whether or not that was what he wanted, he still didn't get the stone from Ember." *The wolf laughed to himself and continued onward thinking about how his current strategy is working out* "If I continue to play Mr. Opportunist, there is little room for error and I'll strike when it's going to hurt most." *He continued his walk, keeping distance behind Ember, whistling a small tune with a face full of glee*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2010, 02:20:26 PM »
As Chrono walked the path that he really couldn't see, he noticed an old sign that was standing in the middle of a dirt road, sitcking out of a pit in that road. Hm... 'Pier: 3-4 days by foot or one day by mount'... well, thats a small relief, feels like its been two weeks since I last saw a city. Chrono didn't bother to question the logic of a pit in the middle of a road, or how the sign was placed there; he just continued on his way, taking out the parchment, and tearing off the days he had spent walking on the road.