The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66805 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #1050 on: April 20, 2011, 03:00:48 PM »
Lazaryos noticed that the Grand Dragon's attention was mainly on Vosur since he was right near the entrance into the mountain, probably thinking he was taunting it by not going inside. The lightning dragon, however, turned its attention on the group still trying to make their way to the end of the bridge, and swooped in for an attack. The dragon fired off another stream of lightning, parallel to the bridge. Lazaryos quickly concentrated his majicka to form the strongest frontal shield he could in such a short time, and it managed to deflect the lightning, though the rebound pushed him back a couple feet onto his rump. He got up again and ran with the group as they neared the end, the lightning dragon flying around for another pass and the Grand Dragon now noticing them coming up. The group would be caught in a pincer as the two dragons prepared to fire another stream from their gaping maws.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1051 on: April 20, 2011, 04:11:27 PM »
Ember continued to run with the others. She didn't like that the lightning dragon was the one coming after them because she knew that she would fare better going against the Grand Dragon since it was easier to block fire, with fire. When the lightning dragon shot at them, she watched Lazaryos shield go up and watched him get knocked back. She kept an eye on him to make sure that he got up and when he did she looked forward again. She then saw that the Grand Dragon noticed them after that and that both of the dragons were coming toward them. "That's not what I wanted!" She yelled in her head as she narrowed her eyes.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1052 on: April 21, 2011, 09:51:12 PM »
Chrono reached into his lower armor, searching around for any possible kunai he had not yet thrown during their travel. He nicked his hand as it accidentally ran along the bladed half of the weapon, but never twinged as he took it out and turned towards the lightning dragon. The aura returned, and some of it went into the kunai as he pulled back and aimed right for the head of the dragon before throwing it and hoping that at least the gleam of the projectile would catch the dragon's attention. For once, I really want that dragon stereotype to be true...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #1053 on: April 23, 2011, 02:25:07 AM »
Vosur caught a glance of what Chrono was doing, giving a slight smile as he quickly tried to undo his pouch. "Oi, what I wouldn't give for a gold-coin right now. That'd be a lot shinier than what I'm going to have to throw. But beggars aren't choosers." Vosur breathed out as he pulled a normal card from out of his pouch, doing a jump-and-spin type of throw to fling the card upward in the dragon's general direction. The fire dragon caught notice of the card, stopping with the fire breathing for a moment as the card distracted him. Taking the opportunity, he double-backed and tried to run lower to the ground while the red dragon was turning about to follow after him. "That brute does have some good ideas once in a while!" he called out to the group, laughing a bit as he kept running.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1054 on: April 23, 2011, 05:21:43 PM »
The lightning dragon turned back towards them, firing off another stream. Lazaryos spent whatever majicka he could spare and created a curved barrier, redirecting the lightning over towards the distracted Grand Dragon. The lightning hit it in the side, knocking the sword out of its scales and against the wall of the mountain's entrance. The Grand Dragon roared and fired off another stream, but at the lightning dragon. "RUN!"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1055 on: April 24, 2011, 02:16:55 AM »
Ember was relieved when the Grand Dragon was distracted but still kept her attention on both of the dragons. She didn't need anything more than Lazaryos' command for her feet to start moving faster toward the mountain's entrance when the Grand Dragon attacked the lightning dragon. "Good. Didn't expect them to turn on each other, but that worked out well." She said aloud but was really only talking to herself as she continued to run toward the mountain's entrance.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1056 on: April 25, 2011, 11:19:14 AM »
Chrono was a bit annoyed that Vosur's distraction worked better than his own, but quickly got over it as he saw his sword hit the side of the entrance. He kept pace with Ember, but then veered off towards his 'long lost' sword at an even faster speed than Ember. My luck better not change now, that would be so annoying!!
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1057 on: April 25, 2011, 03:05:04 PM »
Cross in hand, Dante continued to run still being ahead of the others from going to get his cross. He was surprised he wasn't eaten at this point, giving himself a quick once over to see if he was on fire; he wasn't. He noticed the dragon's attentions were now on each other which was another breath of fresh air. Hopefully they would make it passed now without him having to confront them. The chances were looking good, at least from his point of view.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1058 on: April 25, 2011, 05:31:13 PM »
"You don't have to tell me twice." he tried to say back, but his voice not really reacting due to his exertion. Vosur double-backed one more time to catch up to the others, his breathing getting really heavy due to having been the distraction for one of the dragons the entire time. He anticipated nasty glares from the others for having led one of the dragons right to the group, so he tried to maintain his eye-contact away from the rest for until they were safely away from the dragons.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1059 on: April 26, 2011, 01:55:36 AM »
The dragons fought fiercely as the party ran under them and towards the entrance. Lazaryos dove for the entrance as they neared it. As he did, the Grand Dragon took a large bite out of the thunder dragon's neck and it shot a weak stream of lightning, trying to free itself. However, because of its neck being chewed up in powerful jaws, that weak stream went straight down and struck Chrono just as he hand wrapped around his beloved sword.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1060 on: April 26, 2011, 02:49:58 AM »
Ember had eyes only for the mountain entrance as she ran towards it. When she was safely inside the entrance, she looked back to see a freshly lightning-struck Chrono with his hand around the hilt of the sword. "There's just no end to him and lightning incidents." She thought to herself as she looked toward Chrono. "Maybe his armor should be made of rubber..." She said aloud, though it was actually supposed to just be a thought.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1061 on: April 27, 2011, 01:40:49 AM »
Chrono would have cursed under his breath as the lightning passed out of him, but he just kept grinning as the joy of regaining his sword overrode the brunt of the pain. He could hear music in his head as he raised it into the air triumphantly, then he sprinted back to the group before the Grand Dragon decides to attack its distant cousin. I think I've built a resistance to electricity with all the abuse from that mage, or the buzz was just that good.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1062 on: April 27, 2011, 01:58:26 AM »
Standing a few feet from Ember in the entrance of the mountain Dante watched Chrono get electrocuted. "Are you alright?" he asked as he approached them. "Is everyone alright for that matter? No one hurt? Or in need of my services?" he questioned again, though this time looking over the group. He wasn't noticing any visible injuries, which was a bit surprising to him as he thought the dragons would have put up more of a challenge.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1063 on: April 27, 2011, 04:20:53 AM »
Vosur came to a stop with the group, taking a moment to calm down his breathing as he tried to speak. "That... red dragon... nearly had my... goose cooked." he managed to breathe out as almost dropped to one knee in exhaustion, grabbing hold of a nearby small-boulder to prop himself up. It took him a couple of moments for his breathing to calm down before he sniffed the air. "Um, anyone smell something burning?" he asked, a bit of smoke coming up from the tip of his tail, which he glanced back in the general direction of the smell to see it coming from him. "Sonova! That dragon's aim was a bit better than I thought!" he almost yelled as he jolted around to quickly try to pat out his tail-fire.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1064 on: April 27, 2011, 12:11:25 PM »
Lazaryos slowly got up, since the dive knocked the wind out of him. He coughed as Vosur started running around, "This is why I don't go into taverns. I can't stand people who smoke." Lazaryos grabbed Vosur's shoulder as he came around another pass, and caused Vosur to fall on his back. It wasn't his intent to get him down that way, but he guessed it worked. He rolled Vosur on his side and stomped on the wolf-boy's tail to put the fire out.