The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66804 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #1065 on: April 29, 2011, 02:20:01 AM »
Dante couldn't help but to chuckle at the event before him. It was surprising to himself that he had suffered no fire-related injuries, considering he wasn't in the graces of their fire mage. Then again he remembered the close call he had earlier when Ember did try to roast him. The thought made him look to her then look away scratching his head. "I wonder if she's jealous...I mean...I don't think I'm THAT hate-able..."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #1066 on: April 29, 2011, 05:18:28 AM »
Vosur yelped involuntarily due to Lazaryos stomping on his tail, scrambling to get up and get out from underneath his foot. "Ya'know... next time I'll ask Miss Firebrand to put out my fire. She'd be more gentle." he said in a nearly-scathing tone, grabbing his own tail and checking the damage. "Man... that's going to leave permanent singe-marks." He sat down and started to check everything on himself: food, card count, water pouch on the back of his hips, his sword, and even the knife he swiped from the cavalryman. "Hrm, travelling light isn't what I like, but there's not much of a choice. I hope there'll be a good hunt after we get there."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1067 on: April 29, 2011, 12:26:40 PM »
Lazaryos snorted, "You're welcome, you ungrateful pup. And don't worry about food, we won't get anymore until AFTER we get out of here. This place is a desolate labyrinth. Even with our current remaining food, we might possibly be stuck in here and die of hunger long before we can even hope to find our way back out. From what I've researched, people have died just going mad in this place."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1068 on: April 29, 2011, 03:48:44 PM »
Ember caught Dante out of the corner of her eye when he looked at her and made a sneering face, then removed the sneer when she looked at Vosur after his tail fire was stomped out and he had said that she would have been more gently. "Couldn't promise anything." She said in response to Vosur's comment. "And apparently I'm already mad according to someone, so I guess I don't have much to worry about." She didn't look at Dante when she said "someone" but that was who she had meant, and she let out a sort of creepy chuckle on purpose when she finished speaking.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1069 on: April 29, 2011, 11:06:26 PM »
Chrono tried not to laugh at Vosur, but his antics just became more comical as Lazaryos joined in by stomping on his tail. "Considering the amount of times my head has been fried by electricity from just our resident lightning mage alone, I should be mad enough to not succumb to the mental deterioration that comes with hunger. Now, is the exit directly north, or is that also unknown?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1070 on: April 30, 2011, 06:18:54 AM »
Vosur wanted to growl a reply to Lazaryos, but he kept himself quiet as his tail was no longer smoking. "I've got enough for a couple of days worth for one person on myself. And even in the most desolate of places there are creatures... probably not the most likely of prey, but it might beat starving to death if I keep some situational-awareness for our next catch. But the tiger's right, groups go in... but one comes out in all of the legends. Even the last one barely survived making it out. Traps of lethal-cunning, labyrinths, guardian beasts... all of these being possible obstacles which we'll face. Hopefully we won't catch any of those, but with those two dragons out there, the chance of having a good safe trip there is rather slim."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1071 on: April 30, 2011, 01:05:12 PM »
Lazaryos sighed, frustrated with the group, "The only exit is the entrance. As for creatures, yes, there are monsters in different places around the labyrinth, but they're said to dissolve into nothing after killed. Also, there's said to be small puddles of water in random places, but it's near impossible to get to them without spending Majicka. Because this mountain houses the Mana flower, it's said the the flower's roots courses throughout the whole mountain, allowing it to self repair, never succumb to weather grinding, and be almost alive, along with giving life to those weird monsters that are recorded to roam this place. Now if you're all ready, I'd like to get in and out as fast as I can."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1072 on: April 30, 2011, 10:32:11 PM »
Ember suddenly became irritated when she noticed Lazaryos' frustration with the group. Her and Chrono were just trying to joke to make the best of a bad situation that they were about to go into. At the same time, though, she felt that she would have been just as frustrated if she hadn't been one of the ones making light of what was going to happen. "Well, since someone's being grumpy, I guess we should get a move on before we all have early deaths." She said and turned to face the inside of the mountain.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1073 on: May 01, 2011, 02:06:33 AM »
Chrono nodded to Ember as she turned away, and walked into the labyrinth with both swords drawn. He kept to Ember's right, hoping that Vosur would take left and Dante take the rear. He didn't state that idea however, as he needed to keep his focus on what might be coming to attack them. He gazed at the walls and noticed that others had left marks to indicate the 'right' path. But, so many others had done the same, that neither path looked just as promising as the former...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1074 on: May 01, 2011, 02:20:30 AM »
Dante walked to Vosur casually. "You gonna be okay or should I get a magical band-aid ready?" he asked with a smirk. He would have followed behind Ember but at this point he felt he should stick closer to his more positively aligned companions. His recent antics left him questioning of his alignment, but he was a better bet than any of the others. He wasn't exactly using him, but it was more of a symbiotic relationship. Vosur could kill things. Dante could play doctor.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1075 on: May 01, 2011, 03:32:02 AM »
Vosur got up after his self-check was through, almost huffing a bit in reply to Dante as he got up. "I'll be alright. Makes me think of the time I got my tail caught in the coals. I almost burned the entire smithy in the process and the master had to stomp my tail to put it out." He brushed himself off before he followed suit after the rest, looking about the area to make sure they didn't have any unexpected visitors as they were walking. His right-hand rested on the hilt of his sword, lightly gripping the handle, while his left hand settled idly on his card-pouch for a quick throw at a moment's notice.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1076 on: May 01, 2011, 11:08:15 PM »
Lazaryos just walked ahead, not waiting for anyone. The fact was that knowing what he did, and experiencing it for his own, he was deathly afraid, particularly since his Majicka was near its limit. He followed what seemed to be the only path that seemed to lay before him. However, when he entered, the wall closed behind him. The entrance to the cave closed up instantly, as well, and raised up everywhere, separating the whole group from each other.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1077 on: May 02, 2011, 02:51:57 PM »
Ember followed behind Lazaryos but was surprised when he disappeared from her sight. She attempted to look over at Chrono to check and see if he had seen what had happened too, only to find that he wasn't next to her anymore. "Shit..." She said under her breath as she looked around. "Guess there's nothing to do but start moving." Tightening her grip on her staff, she began walking down the path in front of her.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1078 on: May 02, 2011, 11:17:32 PM »
Chrono turned around as the wall closed, and was going to grab Ember as he thought they were going to be seperated. Alas, the separation was complete before he could even make the movement. "Oh come on!!" he yelled, kicking the wall in frustration. He huffed for a few seconds, letting his anger melt away while he started down the path that the labyrinth had now laid open to him. Stupid living maze...

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1079 on: May 03, 2011, 12:20:34 AM »
Dante let slip a silent swear when the maze might as well have eaten him. He looked around to see he was alone, which gave him an overwhelming feeling of uneasiness. "Okay...Not all bad. On my own...I hope I come across something I can beat..." he said to himself trying to sound reassuring. After that he walked on, feeling he might as well get this over with considering there was nothing he could do about it now.