The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66802 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #1095 on: May 09, 2011, 03:28:55 AM »
Vosur had followed the path for a long way until he started to see light ahead of himself, forcing him to put his tinted glasses back on. He came out of the tunnel rather casually, seeing the others had gotten there before he did, making him almost laugh as he just calmly walked into the room. "Strange that I'd be the last one, and here I thought I'd have been ahead of everyone else." he joked as he got closer to the others. "So what sort of 'monsters' did everyone else get? Mine was the 'breathing against the neck' type..."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1096 on: May 09, 2011, 01:18:51 PM »
Lazaryos didn't say much, but thought he'd indulge Vosur's question, "Mine was a 'horde' of beasts that multiplied as I went on." He looked into the center of the high beam of light, and realized where they were. "Well slap me twice and call me Sally... this is it." Lazaryos began to walk for it, when he was rebounded back a few feet later, hitting the wall to his back. An ominous low voice echoed throughout the chamber, "Only one may claim this source of unlimited power. If you wish to make this power your own, you must relinquish your source as payment." Lazaryos growled as he ran for the light again, pushing what majicka he had left into his hand, Goddammit, so it wants us to use up all our majicka, which means that son of a bitch pup would be the only one coming through if I don't work fast enough.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1097 on: May 09, 2011, 02:50:46 PM »
Ember raised an eyebrow and laughed outright at Dante as she saw him run out of his tunnel. "Not sure exactly how my 'monsters' would be described. Guess they were just casual followers who would eventually annoy a person enough to make them flip out." She watched Lazaryos walk towards the beam of light and then get repelled back after a few feet. She looked up when she heard the voice then back towards the light. "You've got to be kidding me..." She said in an irritated tone. "I wouldn't have to waste time expelling my majicka if I had been allowed to fry the healer when I wanted to. I would have barely any left at this point." She let out a frustrated sigh then shot a stream of fire toward the beam of light, hoping that would be a good enough way of expelling her majicka.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1098 on: May 10, 2011, 01:53:04 AM »
Chrono watched Lazaryos get rejected, and then smiled at the request. "I guess Normals have it easier since our magicka reserves are already low..." he muttered to himself, closing his eyes and recalling to the days of his childhood where they were all introduced on how to use one's own magicka. Sadly, none of it stuck to his memory except for how magicka is sometimes channeled when the user experiences strong negative emotions. Luckily for him, he just had to remember the day when everyone turned on him, then play it over and over until his entire body was giving off the whispy aura of magicka. Thankfully for those around him, he had an inanimate beam of light he could take his frustration out on.

Being the slow dragon that he is, it still has not come to his attention that he is using the one thing that his clan had banished him for not being able to use.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1099 on: May 10, 2011, 02:05:01 AM »
Dante remained quizzical about the weird voice. He got somewhat of an idea when Lazaryos had tried to attack it. "I resent that." Dante said flatly to what Ember had said. He gathered he would need to use all his magika, the theory was solidified when Ember let loose a stream of flame. "Hmm...I suppose draining my magic wouldn't exactly be a great deal of trouble. None of my magic is offensive so it won't aid me as much as my hand to hand skills. But even so...Chrono and Vosur will best us mages...An interesting predicament." he thought to himself.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1100 on: May 10, 2011, 02:35:59 AM »
"'Relinquish your source as payment'... I don't use Majicka for my 'power'." Vosur repeated as he went towards the light barrier, kneeling down at it as he started to take items from off of his body, starting with his sword by unbelting it and sitting it at the barrier, taking off the knife he took from the cavalryman and sitting it at the barrier as well, then pulling the pouches of his cards from off of his belt and sitting them with the weapons as well. He patted himself down to make sure he did not have any other weapons, then went to take out the food he had remaining in his pockets to sit them at the barrier as well before he got up and took a couple of steps back. He took a split-second to think and then started in a shoulder-bashing run towards the barrier. "The only thing I have left is myself..." he said as he gave it his all to try to hit the barrier dead-on with his shoulder.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 03:35:47 AM by Vosur »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1101 on: May 10, 2011, 01:01:58 PM »
Lazaryos, to get through the barrier, shot his last stream of lightning straight up at the ceiling above Vosur, causing part of it to crumble and large chunks falling down, trying to make a dead spring over to the little Mana plant. However, the more he ran, the further it seemed to be. Lazaryos took a small glance behind him. The wall was still getting further away, but the Mana still seemed like a world away. Of course. Light and dark elemental magic. The light acts like a coverage for the Mana and the black magic, which is a spacial distortion magic, making the object seem a lot closer than it actually is.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1102 on: May 10, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »
"Good." Ember responded to Dante saying he resented what she said with a grin on her face, once again showing her sharp and pointy teeth. She looked over at Vosur getting rid of all of his weapons when she finished dispensing her majicka and glanced down at the sword strapped to her hips. Looking back toward the beam of light, she ran at it while simultaneously untying the cloth belt that she had made to hold the sword, making it the sword fall to the ground before she entered the light. Once in the light, she ignored the fact that the plant seemed a lot further away than she thought and just ran as fast as she could after Lazaryos.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1103 on: May 11, 2011, 01:22:42 AM »
When Chrono felt his arm pass through the barrier, he immediately stopped swinging his arms and ran rather fast for someone wearing plate metal on their legs and feet. He was catching up to Lazaryos, but that was also the time his legs started to give out. Trying to avoid as much lost time in transition as possible, the dragon lept forward, landing into a four-limbed sprint as the strain on his legs was fading away...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1104 on: May 11, 2011, 02:14:41 AM »
Dante was beginning to regret not wasting his magicka to see easier in the dark. He plopped down and began to use his area healing spell since it used to the most magicka and sat there. This would hinder his progress towards the Mana droplet but he couldn't do anything about it so he didn't worry too much. His only regret was that he wasn't healing anyone else doing this and it was a complete waste. But at least he would be in top health by the time he was done.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1105 on: May 11, 2011, 05:18:01 AM »
Vosur stumbled from not hitting into anything physical at the approximate location of where the barrier was supposed to be, but had to take a dive-roll to avoid being struck by falling debris, glaring back to Lazaryos with his red-irised eyes, which seeing him look behind himself made him double-take his looks to the Mana plant and the entrance. "Sonova... is this the final illusion?" he spoke to himself as he quickly got up to take off towards the plant again, not taking any chances if it wasn't a Majicka-wrought mirage. Even though he was covering a fair amount of distance, he didn't seem to get any closer to the plant in the process. His legs were still sore from having to rush through a battle-field and having to evade dragons, but he was no longer burdened by the extra weight of his equipment as his pace was much faster than before. "I dunno if you can hear me in the afterlife, Ruby... but was this the goal you wanted me to achieve?" he breathed out in-tempo with his run.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1106 on: May 11, 2011, 02:28:11 PM »
After a minute or two, the light around them started flickering. Lazaryos couldn't help but look around as he ran. When he turned to look at the others, he noticed that a lot of the light started swirling and going towards Chrono's 3rd eye. That's right. That hatchling's from the Tri' Malis. The eye absorbs all magic that is close enough to touch him, so the light elemental illusion is being diffused by his eye. Goodness, do I not envy the headache that bastard's going to get from this.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1107 on: May 12, 2011, 01:14:47 AM »
Ember continued to run as the light around everyone began to flicker. Just like Lazaryos, she also began to look around to see what exactly was going on. She noticed that all of the light was headed for Chrono and his third eye. "That doesn't look like it could be too pleasant..." She thought to herself as she looked forward again. "Somehow, even if I die, I'll be relieved when this whole thing is over and done with..."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1108 on: May 13, 2011, 01:02:53 AM »
Chrono was too busy keeping up with Lazaryos to notice the light going into his third eye, but when everyone started looking at him, he finally took notice and apparently gave the eye the signal to start the painful procedure of converting the light illusion into magical energy. The pain hit fast, hard, and also caused him to lose his footing as he tumbled for a few seconds before being sprawled on his back. "Stupid rock-eye..." he mumbled, the throb never growing or weakening.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1109 on: May 13, 2011, 01:42:31 AM »
After a few minutes Dante tried to stand back up but was weighed down by his cross. "Damn...Too heavy with that thing." he groaned as he took it off his back. He stood back up and proceeded through the barrier without any problem. After that he began to run quickly to try and catch up to the others. Without his cross he would make good time since he would be much lighter now. He almost tripped, being so unused to running without the cross on his back.