The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66793 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #1140 on: May 24, 2011, 02:51:52 AM »
Ember kept shaking Lazaryos' body even after Chrono spoke to her. Her eyes widened once again when the lightning began emanating from Lazaryos' body, partly because she got zapped before she quickly pulled her hands away but it was mostly because she was just surprised that he was alive. She didn't smile at the sight though and actually slowly rose to her feet and began backing away while he was shooting lightning at the ceiling, grabbing Chrono's arm and tugging a little to get him to move away. "He's not in control..." She said, her voice barely a whisper. When she saw that he noticed them and he raised one of his palms in her and Chrono's direction with that smirk, she quickly dove out of the way of the stream of black lightning that was sent towards them. "This is why only one comes out! The person who gains the Mana loses control and kills them all!" She yelled to the others as she got to her feet again and prepared herself to evade another attack. "It's the Mana, not him!"

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1141 on: May 24, 2011, 11:18:57 PM »
Chrono looked at Ember when he heard her whisper something, somehow ignorant of Lazaryos rising up and blasting out the ceiling. "What was that you just said?" He then turned to face the now living Lazaryos, and his jaw went agape. "How did- he- not dead- alive?!" Chrono continued to get more and more confused, until the lightning came at him. He jumped out of most of it, but a stray bolt hit his leg and went all the way up to his head, and cleared his head as he hit the floor. Okay, he is alive, mad with power, and currently trying to kill everyone in the room. Now I just need to work on how to stop and/or get away from him.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1142 on: May 25, 2011, 12:47:53 AM »
"So that's the game...Hmm...I can just sit up here and watch." Dante thought, sitting down on the edge of the flower looking down at the others. "Knowing my luck I will be attacked, fall down, potentially kill myself and be dragged into the fight. Maybe I should just hide...? Damn it...WELP. I hope someone else has exceptionally well hand to hand combat skills and a high tolerance to pain. I really don't want to get into this fight. UGH...I'd be lying if I say I wouldn't feel guilty..." he sighed, stood up and made his way down the flower.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #1143 on: May 25, 2011, 07:27:43 PM »
Vosur heard the yells, turning around to see Dante climbing back down the plant and black lightning streaming upward from where Lazaryos's direction. He gave a double-take look from the remaining drops of water, not knowing if Lazaryos had taken the real Mana or if this was another trap to protect the real Mana droplet or not. "The real thing could still be here and it might be able to counter this... dark Mana, even if it can be called that." he muttered under his breath as he turned away from the other droplets to look down the edge of the plant. "Can they really hold off someone gone mad with power like this... even the possibility of this being the real droplet and this being the side-effect of it exists. What's even worse is that if this is the real droplet, how did the only Normal in existence who got the Mana managed to break free from this type of effect to teach blacksmiths around the world on how to make Magicka-resistant armor? There has to be a way..." he thought to himself as he looked about for a route to drop down from the plant and starting in jumping down from plateau to plateau before landing nearby some vines. Some of the ones nearby himself were dead and broken-off from the plant, thick enough to be held like a training sword. "Not exactly my favorite weapon... but I can work with this." he grinned as he grabbed it and assumed a ready stance in case if Lazaryos went after himself.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1144 on: May 25, 2011, 08:01:58 PM »
Lazaryos didn't say much, but fired more lightning streams in the direction of all the party members. Unlike how they were used to, Lazaryos was using some of his most powerful spells, and it wasn't affecting him in the least. It was truly a tell-tale sign that he had consumed the real Mana droplet. Ember had guessed right on the spot what had happened, and what had been occurring for the last several thousand years.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1145 on: May 25, 2011, 08:16:41 PM »
A stream of lightning nearly hit Dante on his climb, only dodging it by falling off the plant a few feet. "Hah! I knew that was coming!" he said triumphantly. "Welp, I came down to fight...So I suppose I should get to it." he thought before running at Lazaryos. "I'm probably gonna get zapped...But hey, at least this cursed disease is going to come in handy. I won't kill him, just beat the crap outta him!" he continued to think. Save from snapping his neck there wasn't really much of a way to kill him.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1146 on: May 25, 2011, 08:18:14 PM »
Before Dante could reach Lazaryos, he smacked right into a lightning barrier, which stopped him in his tracks and flung him back against the plant's base.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1147 on: May 25, 2011, 08:23:27 PM »
Dante smacked the plant hard, getting the wind knocked out of him. "Damn, I knew I should've stayed out of this fight. Why didn't I remember him and his shield?" he grumbled as he staggered to his feet. Residual lightning was coursing through out his body, even flickering off him visibly. He shook himself to get his mobility back being a little paralyzed from the electricity. Once finished he charged again.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1148 on: May 26, 2011, 01:50:31 AM »
Lazaryos ran a fist into the ground, and the lightning barrier spread and hit Dante and Ember. He then turned his attention to Vosur and held out an open palm, shooting a barrage of lightning balls.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1149 on: May 26, 2011, 02:07:30 AM »
Vosur kicked up some debris towards Lazaryos as he dashed off to the side, taking a defensive stance as he came to a halt with a bit of of an angle-distance separating himself from the others. "Old Man! You remember why you wanted to get to this destination in the first place, correct? Wasn't it to save someone dear to you instead of killing everything in existance?"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1150 on: May 26, 2011, 02:14:25 AM »
Ember dodged again when lightning was sent at her a second time. She had barely had time to get up before she was hit by the lightning barrier and knocked back quite a ways, landing on her back. It was as if the blow had knocked her normal attitude back into her and as she got back to her feet she had a look of fiery determination and malice on her face. "That's it, old man! Now I'm gonna kick your ass!" She yelled as she quickly ran at Lazaryos while his attention was on Vosur.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1151 on: May 26, 2011, 02:43:52 AM »
Dante got to his feet again after being knocked away. He saw Ember running a him and Vosur getting attacked now. "Seems useless to try to reason with him..." he thought. Again he charged, a little after Ember. "Not like he would listen!" he continued to think.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1152 on: May 26, 2011, 03:09:57 AM »
Lazaryos ignored Vosur's words, only muttering silent words as he continued his rampage, and raised a lightning wall from behind him, preventing Ember from getting too close, and knocking her back. He then turned his two palms to Vosur and Dante, firing off large streams of lightning. However, from where they had all come from, three figures jumped in and blocked the attacks. One of them was very familiar to Lazaryos, the cat who had taken the scythe and carried other Cursed Weapons, the Order. "We can't have you guys dying on us too soon. We'll need your help with this bastard. He may have consumed the Mana, but as long as we kill him and extract it before it's fully part of his body, we can still harvest it for ourselves."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1153 on: May 26, 2011, 03:21:24 AM »
Vosur went into a blocking stance in anticipation of getting hit by the lightning this time, but looked up to see the Order Member from before. He relaxed his stance, holding his makeshift weapon in both hands as if to welcome an attack from Lazaryos again. "Is there any way to get it out of him without killing him?" he spoke as he only shifted his eyes towards the feline.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1154 on: May 26, 2011, 03:21:45 AM »
Ember grunted as she was knocked back by the barrier but remained on her feet. She wasn't actually surprised by the barrier and had actually expected it from him. What she was surprised by was the others who showed up. She snarled at the cat since she didn't like her in the slightest, not like she liked many people anyway. "Who in the hell said anything about me helping you!" She snapped at the cat. Now she was torn between protecting Lazaryos from them and fighting him to try to bring him back to his senses. Suddenly, she switched from a battle-ready stance to just standing normally with her hands at her sides. From there she proceeded to start walking, planning on circling all the way around Lazaryos. She would, of course, dodge any attacks he sent at her but she wanted to try something out. As she walked, her tail swayed from side to side behind her at the same slow pace that she was walking. Any of the others probably thought she was trying to act as a distraction and maybe that was all that her walking around him would amount to, but that wasn't what she had in mind.