The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66796 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #1155 on: May 26, 2011, 03:26:43 AM »
The feline smirked, "Nope." She swung the scythe and the straight blade, sending blades of light towards Lazaryos, while the others sent a fierce dragon of fire and a serpent of ice, coming from all directions. Lazaryos brought up the large lightning barrier, which were only up long enough to delay the attacks, and he dropped it, weaving between the attacks and letting them hit each other, causing an explosion, and fired off another volley of lightning streams. "Now get your asses to your weapons, and recover your energy! We can suppress him, but we're going to need whatever you all can contribute just to stop him!"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1156 on: May 26, 2011, 03:35:53 AM »
Dante didn't expect to be impeded by the people that showed up. "How come they get weapons..." he thought to himself. When they told them to get their weapons he casually walked back to where he had left his cross. "What ever. I'm a medic." he said to himself. "Don't kill him while I'm gone! I don't believe in killing!" he said to the members of "The Order" almost as if it were a joke. He was mildly careless as he walked back to his cross. "How do they expect us to get in here with our weapons? Is that barrier down or something?"

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #1157 on: May 26, 2011, 03:45:45 AM »
"I may not like his guts for wanting to abuse this power, but he's the only 'relative' I've got that has ties to my beloved... Ruby of the Rook Clan. My own father-in-law disowned and tried to have me killed with his daughter. If it weren't for this 'quest for power', we might have even been like how relatives should be: able to meet on common ground and share a feast." he growled under his breath. He didn't like the idea he was presented with, but considering that they had opened a trail to their gear and he was fighting with a stick in hand, the odds were not good for himself. He strained to call out to the others, hating what he was having to say as he saw Dante already heading towards their gear. "Ember, Chrono! We don't stand much of a chance without some way to defend ourselves. If we don't stop him, our own quests we have will be for naught and this power will only consume him. Do you wish for him to go through his life to kill everything he held dear?" He quickly turned about and went through the trail that was left open, albeit his arms ripped up in the process as he ran through as quickly as he could to retrieve his equipment.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1158 on: May 26, 2011, 03:19:03 PM »
"No you don't!" Lazaryos pointed his hand towards Vosur and Dante as they ran for it, and fired another volley of lightning orbs. The feline's comrades then rushed Lazaryos, while she herself did her best to block the attacks, but some got away, "Shit!"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1159 on: May 26, 2011, 06:07:48 PM »
Dante continued his casual stroll towards his cross when a few lightning orbs came his way. He heard them coming his way just in time to duck under the first. Once that passed he began to run to avoid the others, now taking this a little more seriously. "Stupid lightning. I just want to get my cross, relax...Gain some sort of magicka and relax more..." he thought as he ran to his cross.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1160 on: May 26, 2011, 08:59:37 PM »
Vosur jumped out of the vine-brush just in time before the barrage widened the trail that he just exited from. He scrambled to put the knife and cards back into their place while putting his sword on his belt, he then put a strip of the dried meat he had left into his mouth as he also picked up Ember's staff and sword along with Chrono's swords before he started running back in towards the others. "Yeesh. Well, can't talk him out of the fight, but hopefully I have enough scorpion-venom cards left to disable him." he growled under his breath.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1161 on: May 27, 2011, 12:20:55 AM »
Chrono managed to get off the floor, only to get struck down by more lightning. He got up once again, more groggy than before, and was slow enough to avoid a bolt that soared over his head. He gripped the front of his head as he staggered towards Lazaryos, only to see the cat and her 'assistants' from earlier. He heard her say to get their weapons, to which he made a rather exaggerated nod and went towards his two swords at an increasing pace as his accumulating resistance to electricity shrugged off the remainder of the current.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1162 on: May 27, 2011, 01:31:59 AM »
Lazaryos made an uppercut that raised a large, lightning fist from the ground and launched them into the air. The feline rushed in with both the scythe and the sword, the blades glowing as they flowed with her majicka. Lazaryos held up his hands, similar to how he did often when he used to preserve his majicka, and created lightning blades not only extended from his arms, but also out of the ground and all over his body. The magical blades clashed, leaving a brilliant light show, but it was very apparent the feline was at a disadvantage.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1163 on: May 27, 2011, 02:04:23 AM »
Ember paused in her walk, not having gotten very far before the feline gave them a command to get their weapons and regain their power. She turned on her heel and headed back toward where they had left their things, going through after Lazaryos had already sent his attacks at Vosur and Dante while Lazaryos was preoccupied. "I'm still not helping you..." She grumbled which was directed at the feline but most likely wouldn't be heard by her. She saw Vosur running back in her direction with her things and Chrono's things in his hands. When he got to where she was, she swiftly reached out a grabbed her staff and sword from him in such a manner that it didn't make it so he had to slow down at all. As she moved back toward where the fighting was happening, she quickly tied the makeshift holster around her waist. Entering the area through the vines again, she started to walk to the right, ready to dodge if something was sent at her.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1164 on: May 27, 2011, 02:07:01 AM »
Dante made it to his cross and sat down Indian-style next to it. He waved to Vosur who came and went nonchalantly. "Later." he said. "I'm just gonna relax here. If anyone needs me, they can come over here." he continued, though now talking to himself. "Hmm...What if they get hurt on the field...? Damn it...I should probably be closer." he thought, groaning at it. He slowly got up and started walking back. "Hmm. Guess the barrier is gone...Was it something to do with the Mana?" he thought as he passed through where the barrier once was.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1165 on: May 27, 2011, 07:17:49 AM »
Vosur almost had a smile on his face when Ember accepted her equipment from out of his arms as he ran by her, making it a little easier to move since all that was left in his own arms were Chrono's swords. He got close enough to Chrono to drop the swords right in front of his feet and resumed his running to get back into the fight as he grabbed a normal card out from his pouch, preparing to give a fling towards Lazaryos if he were to resume the attack towards himself as he got near the feline Cursed Weapon Bearer. "Mana Bearers are still mortal and vulnerable, correct? What if we were to manage to incapacitate him with a disabling poision?"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1166 on: May 27, 2011, 02:01:33 PM »
The feline smirked, "It'll just make it easier to kill him! The only way to extract the Mana is to kill the host before it is fully assimilated into his system. Besides, if you didn't notice already, he had to die in order to use the Mana. In order to receive unlimited majicka, the user must first be void of their own majicka. It's not different for Normals, since you all have majicka in your bodies, just not to the amount that you won't die for using spells. Without majicka, life could not exist." With the quick distraction, Lazaryos slapped his palms together above himself and merged all the blades into one large one and sliced right down at the feline. She barely blocked it, but the power was slowly pushing her into the ground.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1167 on: May 27, 2011, 04:57:01 PM »
Vosur swapped out the normal card for a venom-coated one before he let it fly towards Lazaryos in a sideways arc to avoid hitting the feline. "Sorry 'bro'." he muttered under his breath, going for his own sword and sheath as he rushed the blades suppressing the Cursed Weapon Bearer. He managed to strike the blades dead-on from the side to knock them away from her, but due to them being a physical form of electricity, he ended up taking a nasty shock and being knocked away a decent distance in the process. Rising to his feet after the shock, a bit sluggish as he tried to regain his bearing. "Vosur, my boy... don't you ever do that again!" he chuckled to himself as he got to his feet again.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1168 on: May 28, 2011, 12:46:34 AM »
Ember rolled her eyes at the feline's words. "Can't I just kill her?" She thought to herself. "I seriously think that it'd be easier to tolerate Lazaryos like this than to tolerate her as she is." She began to walk in her circle around where Lazaryos was again. Her tail began to sway back and forth behind her at the same pace that she was walking again. She kept her eyes angled over in Lazaryos' direction to watch out for attacks, among other things.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1169 on: May 28, 2011, 05:13:27 PM »
With Vosur's contact, the lightning blade shattered, but it didn't stop him in the least. Lazaryos roared as he collected majicka within his hands and fired off a large dragon made of lightning, incinerating the cards and headed straight for Vosur and the Feline. He spotted Ember walking over and fired off a lightning fist.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:21:56 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »