The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66795 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #1170 on: May 28, 2011, 10:34:11 PM »
Ember's majicka had built up some again by that point so when she saw the lightning fist coming at her she deflected it with a shield of fire. The force was still enough to make her stumble back a couple feet but otherwise she was unscathed. After regaining her footing, she continued to walk in her wide circle around Lazaryos while her tail kept swaying behind her. She kept her eyes on Lazaryos as she walked. Her expression seemed like it was meant to taunt him in more ways than one.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1171 on: May 29, 2011, 02:31:40 AM »
Chrono stared dumbly at the swords as Vosur tossed him towards his feet. Normally he would have just picked them up and attacked his enemies, but in Lazaryos, Chrono could see both the past and present versions of his own father. In the span of the time between Vosur dropping the swords and when Ember was attacked, all of the hatred and frustration he had bottled up over the year, exploded along with his aura of majicka. His limbs were a blur as he picked up his swords and charged forehead first towards the lightning mage.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1172 on: May 29, 2011, 02:51:39 AM »
Lazaryos saw the rushing dragon and raised a thick lightning wall that slowed Chrono down, and then stepped forward, releasing a giant lightning palm, sending him flying back. He quickly ran his hands into the ground to block the oncoming threat of the feline's comrades, raising many large blades, most being blocked, but one punching through the dog's arm. Lazaryos quickly turned his attention to Ember, feeling the shockwave of heat, and caught the motion of her tail first, and shot over a large lightning blade in her direction, but it missed its mark, pupils slowly and barely showing within the dark, blazing eyes. Ember........

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1173 on: May 29, 2011, 03:04:22 AM »
Ember watched everything that was going on as she watched but mainly kept her eyes focused on Lazaryos. She noticed when she got his attention again and watched as he sent the lightning blade at her. The angle that it came at her made know that it wasn't going to hit her so she didn't dodge in anyway. Her eyes narrowed. "He missed... Why in the world would he miss, especially now?" She thought to herself as she kept her eyes on him and continued to walk. "Is it working?"

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1174 on: May 29, 2011, 04:46:35 PM »
Dante watched the battle from afar, resting against his cross. "Can't do much but help people that get hurt at this point...Though I think my cross could easily be used as a shield against his lightning. It is wood...Stiiiill, I think trying to knock him out would be the hard part." he thought, continuing to just idly watch the fight. "Ugh...Still...I suppose they can use all the help they can get..." he groaned as he hefted his cross onto his shoulder. He started walking to the fight casually, not really wanting to fight. His walk turned into a full on charge shortly as he ran at Lazaryos. "Dodge the big attacks, block the little ones and then smack the hell out of him."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 12:26:57 AM by Srgntcuddles »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1175 on: May 30, 2011, 01:03:54 AM »
Lazaryos was angered by missing Ember, and turned in time to see Dante charging at him. He quickly raised a lightning shield, barely blocking the attack, which sent him a couple feet back, and, the rebound of the shield sent Dante back as well. The Feline's comrades took the opportunity and rushed from behind Lazaryos, releasing large flames and ice. The attacks hit Lazaryos and caused an explosion. The feline herself, raised the two weapons she wielded and added her own attack, which added to the explosion. However, to their dismay, Lazaryos was untouched, a giant lightning fist wrapped around his body.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1176 on: May 30, 2011, 01:15:28 AM »
Chrono flew through the air, then recovered before hitting the floor by readjusting his center of gravity to his legs. The moment he hit the ground, he only slid back a few inches before he was able to charge again. However, he only advanced enough to where he was within earshot of everyone. "I'm pretty sure I can get through that barrier, but someone has to keep him from knocking me aside, anyone willing to aggravate him?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #1177 on: May 30, 2011, 01:37:08 AM »
Vosur pulled out two more venom-coated cards, glancing back to the Cursed Weapon Bearer feline as he shook off the feeling of the electricity paralysis. "If you want this to work, you're going to have to keep him from making that shield." he reared his hand back and let one card fly first, intentionally missing him by a fair amount as he threw it intentionally to 'boomerang' towards Lazaryos's back while he let loose of the second one to fly towards him in a slight arch from the other side to avoid hitting the others in the process. "I can't keep that up forever, I don't have enough cards to do much good once these venom-coated ones run out."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1178 on: May 30, 2011, 02:09:04 AM »
Ember watched as Lazaryos became angry about his attack missing her then got distracted by Dante. She watched as he just managed to block Dante's charge then watched as the feline's comrades attacked along with the feline as well. She smirked at the explosion and wasn't at all surprised that Lazaryos appeared to be unharmed when he came back into view. She continued her walk while watching all of this. The others were probably irritated because they most likely would believe that she was just being lazy and deciding not to fight, but that wasn't the case at all.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1179 on: June 01, 2011, 11:45:04 PM »
Dante was blown back from being blocked by Lazaryos. He held his cross in front of him to block the following explosion caused by the cursed weapon holders. He looked at the resulting dust cloud, upon settling seeing Lazaryos unscathed. "Figures...He's gotta run out of majicka some day right?" Dante grumbled to himself. He took a few deep breathes before running at him again hopefully before he could recover from the previous attack.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1180 on: June 02, 2011, 12:19:26 AM »
Lazaryos, now infuriated, roared as the giant fist disappeared. Without warning, the black lightning shot out of every portion of his body, weaving together as long, tentacle-like needles and spread all over the place, chasing all the people around him, and deflecting Vosur's cards. The feline and her comrades' weapons glowed as they swatted away the lightning tentacles that were trying to stab them. "Are you stupid?! He consumed the Mana. He has unlimited majicka!"
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 03:08:47 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1181 on: June 02, 2011, 01:56:29 AM »
Once again, Ember shielded herself with fire as lightning tentacles tried to stab her. As she continued to walk, she wondered how this whole thing was going to work out in the end. She wondered if there was any way that Lazaryos might be able to be left alive somehow. Spinning her staff with her fingers, she continued to think as she watched what was going on. She started to think about what she might be able to do to help in this battle instead of just walking around, though she didn't have any interest in helping the Cursed weapon users, especially the feline.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1182 on: June 03, 2011, 01:20:37 AM »
Chrono slammed his forehead into an oncoming tentacle, the amount of electricity dissipated now literally becoming a major headache for him. His aura dissipated, leaving him quite tired at the same time reducing him to normal levels of strength. Interestingly, the aura vanished slightly before he 'attacked' the lightning tentacle with his forehead, unconsiously using the 'last' of his majicka to save himself from Lazaryos' attack.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1183 on: June 03, 2011, 06:21:19 PM »
"Yeah yeah...Not like you guys are making any head way." Dante grumbled to himself. When the lightning tentacles shot out he used his cross to block them and bat them away. "I can't do anything else but try attack him head on or not fight and heal anyone who gets hurt...Hmm..." he thought. His eyes eventually looked at Ember, giving him an idea. "Hmm...I could block for her. Help her conserve her majicka, or at the very least annoy her. She's our only long ranged team mate so she would be a good asset..." he continued before making his way towards her.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1184 on: June 04, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »
Lazaryos' lightning continued to barrage the whole group around him. The feline's comrades were already feeling fatigue and were struggling to keep up. Finally, one of them was run through by one, in the chest, and many more followed, skewering his body beyond recognition of a body. Before falling to the ground, the shock from the lightning turned him into dust. Meanwhile, the other two remained vigilant in dodging, and the lightning tentacles were already piercing holes through Dante's cross.