The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66797 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #1185 on: June 04, 2011, 10:25:51 PM »
Ember kept blocking the lightning tentacles with a fire shield every time one came near her. She saw Dante coming toward her, not understanding why he would and not wanting him to. Finally, she stopped walking and turned to face Lazaryos, having gone full circle and ended up back on his left side. "Alright, Lazaryos. How about you fight me for a change?" She said as she stood there looking at him. "You know you want to." Her tone at that point was a sort of teasing one as she tried to egg him on to get him to fight her.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1186 on: June 05, 2011, 03:13:10 PM »
Lazaryos' head turned to Ember at her provocation and he raised an arm pointing at her, and shot out even more lightning tentacles, all pointing straight for her to run her through. However, his subconscious was still very much there, NO! Not her! On the outside, no one could see anything, save for a small wince in his eyes and the tentacles passed Ember, barely nicking the edges of her body, as Lazaryos' subconscious was barely able to deter the attack to her.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1187 on: June 05, 2011, 04:55:22 PM »
Ember had been ready to block the attack but she saw the small wince in his eyes before the tentacles passed by her. She didn't flinch but she had felt that the tentacles had nicked her sides and her arms when they had passed. A small smirk appeared on her face at this and she started slowly walking toward Lazaryos. "That's right... You're still in there, aren't you?" She said with the smirk still on her face as she scanned Lazaryos' face. "And I'm sure you don't want her and her band of idiots actually killing you." It was obvious that she was talking about the feline and her voice was laced with disgust when she spoke of her and her comrades. "So...how about you get your head out of your ass and MAKE yourself obey you, Lazaryos!" She knew that what she was demanding of him wasn't an easy task and might not even be possible, but she figured it was worth a shot to try to get through to the real Lazaryos who was still in there somewhere.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1188 on: June 05, 2011, 05:52:50 PM »
When Dante saw the holes in his cross he quickly got out of range of them. "Damn it..." he said looking at the couple holes in his cross. "I can't replace this thing...It was a one of a kind! I can't use it if it gets damaged any further..." he thought, a bit angry at the fact his cross was damaged. Dante noticed a hole in his arm and stuck  his cross into the ground. He sat down and started to heal his injury.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #1189 on: June 06, 2011, 03:14:31 AM »
Vosur had pulled out another pair of cards, ready to let them fly when he saw the attack towards Ember. He hesitated when he saw that the attacks never left more than mild cuts and seemed to only "surround" her rather than try to leave any lethal strikes. Holding his position and at-ready stance when things started to calm down, he caught a glance at Dante getting away from the battle to heal himself. "Go on ahead Padre... keep far enough away from the fight." he spoke rather quietly to himself, giving a slight grin. When his eyes glanced forward, back to Lazaryos's direction, he slowly and calmly moved to position himself out of Lazaryos's current view since he was focused on Ember. "Don't make me do this, 'bro'." he thought towards Lazaryos as he also kept his vision on the Cursed Weapon Bearer feline, trying to make sure she didn't do anything fool-hardy as well.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1190 on: June 08, 2011, 12:40:53 AM »
The feline and her remaining comrade watched the fight while fighting off the tentacles after them, and got an idea. To test their theory, they did their best to dodge and block tentacles as they made their way over to where Ember was. However, on the way, the feline stumbled and many tentacles went straight for her. Her remaining comrade jumped in the way, shielding her as she got up, "Jason!" Her comrade looked back over to her, a large smirk on his face as blood oozed from the corners of his mouth, "Just do it, Helena. You were destined to wield the Mana, not this weak-minded fool. Now g-" His body evaporated as the black lightning intensified. Helena ran straight and dove behind Ember. Sure enough, the tentacles deviated as Lazaryos' sub-conscious screamed out inside (non-audible).

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1191 on: June 08, 2011, 02:18:51 AM »
Ember snarled when the feline dove behind her to use her as a shield. Lifting one foot off the ground, she kicked back hard at the feline in hopes that she was close enough to actually make contact with some part of her body. "I am NOT your *** shield!" She snapped, looking back at the feline as the flames in her eyes intensified. She looked forward again and swiftly side-stepped before continuing to move toward Lazaryos. "Come on, Lazaryos! You know you don't want her to kill you! I know that you wouldn't want to fall to someone like her but a REAL fighter if that's what it came to!" She said as she moved toward him. "Get control back! We may all want the Mana for ourselves, but we all can agree that we definitely don't want her to have it, and if she kills you, she will have it!" "Am I even making a good argument right now? I don't even know."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1192 on: June 09, 2011, 09:13:33 PM »
Chrono sat down shortly after the tentacles focused on the other attackers, occasionally tilting his head to minimize the building headache that comes from his false third eye. He listened to Ember's arguements, and watched the sacrifices the cursed weapons group made to get their feline leader closer to Lazaryos. You know, this stuff is supposed to only happen in the fairy tales. Yet, it doesn't look like he can do any more than just adjust the angle of the attack. I'll just keep my eye on the cat until Ember brings him 'back' or dies trying. I can probably take her down when my power returns.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1193 on: June 10, 2011, 07:28:25 PM »
Dante finished healing himself but remained sitting down. He watched as another of the Order was killed looking down. "Damn it...Hopefully Ember can get to him  before anyone else dies. I think it's up to her now...I can't do anything further in the fight, or after the fight whatever the results are. I suppose I'll just wait then." he thought, leaning against hi cross looking a his hands. He then looked back up at the thinks happening, watching the events unfold.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1194 on: June 11, 2011, 06:20:28 AM »
Vosur saw that Helena, the name that was called towards the Cursed Weapon Bearer, try to get behind Ember to use her as a shield. He growled rather deeply at seeing this, readying his chance as he took aim at Helena, waiting until Ember sidestepped away before he flung a card between Ember and Helena to separate the two. "I may not like the idea of him going nuts, but I cherish the thought of you using allies as 'shields' less." he called out towards Helena.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1195 on: June 13, 2011, 01:10:46 AM »
Helena merely scoffed, jumping back to dodge the card, "Allies are only as good as they are useful." She raised the scythe, charging it, and threw it straight at Lazaryos, who recalled all the tentacles already. A lightning wall raised from the ground, stopping the scythe. Because of the power of the cursed weapon, it penetrated, but stuck into the wall as if it was a real one. Right after the impact, Helena appeared behind Lazaryos and thrust her glowing, white sword towards his back, but when it ran through, Lazaryos' figure dissipated into a cluster of black lightning and he appeared behind her, lightning surging from his open hand, "Foolish child. With the amount of majick from the Mana, this body can easily slow down time and become as fast as lightning." With a maniacal smirk, eyes almost bulging, Lazaryos ran his hand right into Helena's back and out her chest. He stood there, Helena's body sitting lifeless on his forearm, laughing out maniacally.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 02:02:23 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1196 on: June 13, 2011, 02:29:46 AM »
Ember paid Vosur's card no mind since she knew he wasn't attacking her with it and she was glad he was on her side about the whole 'using-someone-else-as-a-shield' thing. She then watched as the events between Helena and Lazaryos unfolded, easily grinning when she saw Lazaryos kill Helena which showed her creepy sharp teeth. "Can't say I'm not happy about that. She deserved to die." She thought to herself. "Hey! I'm still over here, you know! Come on out, Lazaryos! The real you would have killed her too so you can tell me that that was all Mana that had a hand in that." She put her hands on her hips as she stared him down.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1197 on: June 17, 2011, 10:43:13 PM »
Lazaryos' body shook a little as the Mana maintained its grip on his body and mind and roared as it shot a large barrage of black lightning orbs right into Vosur's direction.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1198 on: June 17, 2011, 11:38:33 PM »
Ember dropped her hands from her hips as Lazaryos sent the barrage of lightning orbs at Vosur. Swiftly, she sent out a large wall of flame between Lazaryos and Vosur, blocking all but a few of the orbs which were ahead of the rest. After that, she began walked toward Lazaryos again. She was pretty close to him now, probably about six feet away. "I wonder what he would do if I got really close to him..." She thought as she stopped there.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1199 on: June 19, 2011, 10:01:47 PM »
Vosur had to do a jumping side-roll to avoid the first part of the barrage, catching notice that Ember threw up a barrier to block the remaining portion of the lightning orbs. Almost standing still due to surprise from seeing Ember block the attacks, he had to shake off the feeling to retain focus on the battle. "Alright, maybe this might be a noble sacrifice, maybe it might work... but it looks like she is the key to getting him to come to his senses. Maybe if she can get close enough to him..." he growled to himself, taking off in a dead-sprint to try to divert Lazaryos's attention away from Ember.