The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66801 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #1215 on: June 24, 2011, 04:19:11 AM »
Vosur looked to the now-burning Mana plant and then back to Lazaryos, then gives off a somewhat quiet laughter as he looks tilts his head down. "When I joined this crusade and not long into it, I made mention of desiring to destroy it over keeping that power for myself. But it looks like that you did that for me. Other than that and now seeing that the Mana is secure... I don't have anything left for myself. As I am now, I cannot confront my father-in-law, and I no longer wish for his blood on my hands. Maybe I'll follow the Padre on his adventures? Or help Chrono with his objectives? I have no clue in which path to take now that no purpose lays before me."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1216 on: June 26, 2011, 03:48:47 PM »
Lazaryos sighed, "Well, if anything, Chrono, the title follow-up makes me NOT want to read it. But I supposed I can lend a hand or two. Also, I think this would be a time better than any other for this. I've waited long enough." He wrapped an arm around Ember and pulled her in for a kiss for several seconds before pulling away, "No one has ever made me feel the way you do, and I have to say that now I know what the big deal is about attraction to the opposite sex. And now that the Mana's gone, and the treasure I sought for so many years is useless, I think I'll have to rethink my life's priorities."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1217 on: June 27, 2011, 01:13:06 AM »
Ember rolled her eyes at Dante's response. "You sat on your ass for half of the fight, if not more. And you know that his majicka wouldn't have drained." She said even though he was walking away and she didn't care for him to respond. Ember raised an eyebrow when Chrono mentioned writing a book and that he wanted her and Lazaryos to help him with it. When Lazaryos spoke, she was only able to get out, "For wha-?", before Lazaryos' arm was around her and his lips were against hers. "What the hell?! What is he-- Oh, why not." She thought as her heart jumped and then she sank into the kiss for the sort amount of time after her thoughts were done and before Lazaryos pulled away. She looked up at Lazaryos as he spoke afterward and was surprised by what he said. "Thought I was just eye candy?" She said with a half-hearted chuckle. It was hard for her to think of what to say to him now that he was being so serious about a relationship. "I'm...glad to hear you say that though..." The words slipped out as if her mouth had a mind of its own. "Is this...Is this why I've been so worried about him lately? Do I actually care about him so much to be in love with him?"

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1218 on: June 27, 2011, 03:27:09 AM »
When Chrono bore witness to the kiss, he became mushy while also neglecting to watch his words. "Aw~, your kids are going to look so freakish... just imagine gargoyles with tiger stripes." It took him a few seconds to realize what he said, and he immedeatly started heading towards the nearest exit. "Well, we have a dragon to slay and possibly hundreds of combatants to fight, lets not waste any more time!"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1219 on: June 27, 2011, 04:16:53 AM »
"I'm a lover, not a fighter hot stuff!" Dante shouted as he was a good distance away. "I wonder how we're going to get passed the dragons? Well, either way I have wounded to heal. There is still a war going on for something that doesn't exist anymore...Maybe one of the dragons is wounded, needing healing. I could heal it and potentially get a pet!" he mulled over in his head. He half expected Ember or Lazaryos to send some form of attack at him from what he called Ember.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1220 on: June 27, 2011, 07:51:02 AM »
Catching a glance at Lazaryos kissing Ember, he chuckled a bit as he wandered for a little while. " Wow, you two are perfect for each other." he spoke out as he looked about, something on the ground catching his attention, his tinted glasses that were knocked off fairly early into the fighting.  He wandered over to them and picked them up before he brushed them off, seeing no damage to them. "Nice, not even a scratch after all of this. I dunno about all of you, but if they come here and see us still in here, I don't think we'll be too good off... I thought I did recognize the Rook Clan symbol among all of those war banners and lat I remember, I'm not exactly a welcome person among them."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1221 on: June 27, 2011, 02:36:36 PM »
Lazaryos smiled at Ember's last comment, but it turned to anger at Chrono's little snide comment and he fired off a barrage of lightning orbs right at him as he tried to leave the room. However, it wasn't long before the whole mountain started to shake violently. "Oh, shit! I guess the Mana plant was the only thing that was holding this whole mountain together!" He grabbed Ember's hand and ran for where they had come in. This time, there weren't any tunnels, since the Mana no longer manipulated the environment.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1222 on: June 27, 2011, 06:46:50 PM »
Ember pictured gargoyles with tiger stripes and didn't really mind what she saw so she was able to deal with Chrono's comment. She ignored Dante's comment for the moment and couldn't help but smile a little at Vosur's comment, and it wasn't one of her menacing smiles either. When the mountain began to shake after Lazaryos sent an attack at Chrono and Lazaryos took her hand before beginning to run, she ran with Lazaryos and looked back at Dante as they passed him. "I'll kick your ass one of these days and I'll make sure you feel it, one way or another." She said back at Dante. When they reached where they had first come in and she saw no tunnels she swore under her breath. "Now how the hell are we supposed to get out of here?"

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1223 on: June 28, 2011, 02:47:35 AM »
Chrono dodged the first few orbs as he heard and felt their approach, but got nailed in the right leg then the left arm as he slowly recovers from the first hit. He doesn't fall down, but is plainly having problems turning around or even taking another step. Luckily, he had regained movement as the mountain started to shake, but was not able to get any farther away as the tunnels had vanished. Chrono slowly made his way back as he listened to Ember's possibly rhetorical question. He gave off his whispy aura for a few seconds to see if he had recovered enough of his already tiny supply of magicka, then looked up at the opening in the sky. "Hey, I think your little crazy episode gave us an opening. Now we just have to get up there..."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:49:06 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1224 on: June 28, 2011, 05:33:39 AM »
Dante felt the shaking and turned only to see Ember and Lazaryos behind him and going passed him. He smirked at Ember's comment and followed her with his head as she ran. "I can't wait!" he said to her. He was casual about the whole collapsing mountain, though he was a little irked when he saw the way in couldn't be used as a way out anymore. "Well this is dandy. The last thing I want to do is die with those jerks."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1225 on: June 28, 2011, 07:36:55 AM »
Vosur tried to shake off the vertigo, the quaking of the mountain seemed to only make his movement a little less unstable before he took off in a rather fast sprint for a wall. Unsheathing the knife and using both the knife and the sheath, he jumped towards the wall and started to scale the wall by using them as climbing picks. "Use the holes I'll dig for you to help you get out! Once we get to that opening, let's hope there won't be an army waiting for us at the bottom!" he called out to the others, immediately trying to make hand-hold grips for everyone to use as he scaled upwards towards a visible exit.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1226 on: June 28, 2011, 03:27:04 PM »
Lazaryos didn't bother to follow and concentrated his majicka and blasted through the wall. "Climb over if you want, but I'm not catching you on the drop." He ran through as he blasted each wall in front of him until he finally broke right through the last wall, and face-pawed as he looked to his right and saw the entrance that they entered only one meter away. The top half of the mountain crumbled inwardly, and stopped about 2 meters above the entrance. Out in the distance, the fighting had already stopped, and the entire crowd was standing just past the bridge, all bowed down, including the Tri-Malis were bowed down before the bridge.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1227 on: June 29, 2011, 12:20:00 AM »
Ember watched as Vosur started climbing the wall and she really hoped that she wouldn't have to follow him. When Lazaryos blasted through the wall with his lightning, she was relieved and she followed Lazaryos through the mountain as he blasted through wall after wall. After exiting the mountain and seeing that the original entrance was only a meter away after Lazaryos had facepawed after looking to his right, she couldn't help but laugh a little. She then looked out from where they stood and saw all of the remaining people bowing down. Looking sideways at Lazaryos, she smirked slightly. "Looks like you've earned a lot of respect." She said to him and looked back out at the people, believing that the bowing was all for him.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1228 on: June 29, 2011, 12:42:22 AM »
Chrono reflected on whether he should take Vosur's path of climbing, or simply follow Lazaryos on his path of destruction. He didn't feel all that energetic, so he stayed behind Ember as she followed the lightning mage outside. He didn't notice Lazaryos hitting himself, because he was amazed at seeing his clan in the bowing position. "I wonder how they'll take it when we tell them the plant was obliterated..."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1229 on: June 29, 2011, 03:26:58 AM »
Dante, too chose the path of least resistance and followed Ember who was following Lazaryos. "Sorry buddy!" he called to Vosur. He stood next to Ember when they were finally out and looked at the army ahead of them bowing. "I wonder if the dragons are still around." he said aloud. He began to look around to see if he could spot them but couldn't, hopefully for the best. He also looked for Vosur who was equally as transparent.