The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66885 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2010, 09:44:04 PM »
Chrono got enough sleep to be easily shaken awake by someone standing over him, and immedeatly recognized her. He suddenly unsheated and swung his blade before being met with a light giggle from the figure above. "Silly little brother, you honestly think I'd let you get a free hit that early... I just came to say that we've found you, and will be awaiting you on the second continent. Although, I would perfer if you turned yourself in to our family, can't start a war without the Tri'Malis household not all together, now can we?" Chrono rolled out from under the airy projection, and readied both swords. "After everything they put me through, the slurs, the attitude, killing Uncle, you seriously think I would just give in on the advice of you, wheres Big Sister, why is it only you that vexes me?!" He swung both blades and knew it was to no avail, but hoped slashing her illusion would bring her pain on the other end, or just make her vanish.

Neither happened...

"I'll tell you why when you get to the pier, until then... toodles!!" the image 'exploded' into a small tornado before dissipating. Chrono stood there for a brief moment before sheating his swords and heading out. Some kids get thrown into orphanage by careless parents, I get a family that wants me dead and can torment me half a continent away...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2010, 11:06:17 PM »
Lazaryos kept his eyes north as he found quite the group ahead of him. He was none too surprised to find the dragon in black armour not too far ahead of him, either. Lazaryos could have sworn that he saw a figure explode in front of the dragon, but shrugged it off as another happening of the journey. Also, to no real surprise, the Normals and Mages were actually getting along some, at least in the respect of traveling together and not killing each other. Perhaps it was a good thing that those monsters attacked.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2010, 11:32:13 PM »
Ember just continued to walk on her way. She looked around at all the others as she walked, seeing Mages and Normals alike walking and talking together, getting along just fine. This walk was already boring to her and she hadn't even been on it long. With no one to talk to and nothing to do but walk, she knew this day would drag on forever.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2010, 03:26:02 AM »
*With a look of anger at the tiger having ignored his attack completely he jumped down from the tree and followed behind* "I'm not done with you yet!" *He trudged along raging his fists in the air as he walked furiously at his plan having failed* "Damn... why couldn't I just kill you when I was in the room last night. It would have been so easy but... too easy."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2010, 03:12:31 PM »
Chrono felt something odd still going on under his helmet, so he took it off and looked into the reflection, seeing his middle eye spark with the electricity still being converted into dormant mana. That must've been alot of magic that mage put into me, its been about ten hours since I got shocked and its still processing!! He felt a sudden surge of pain go through his head, as well as seeing a blue flash that blinded him after it reflected off his helmet. "I'm blind!!" he yelled as he hit the dirt, cupped his eyes, and rolled about frantically.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2010, 05:35:12 PM »
Lazaryos was surprised to see the lone dragon's forehead flash and temporarily blind its owner. He walked up to the loner as others did the same. Lazaryos and many others crowded around Chrono, and he was surprised to see lightning bursting from the dragon's equally surprising third eye. He scoffed with rage and walked up, grabbing the disdained dragon by the throat. "If you think this is painful. You haven't felt anything thing yet. You cursed Tri'Malis will pay for all of your crimes." Lightning was bursting from Lazaryos' eyes as he began to charge his Majicka. Some of the surrounding Mages and Normals began to walk in to help the dragon, but Lazaryos roared aloud at their advances with a minor storm emitting from his eyes. "You dare to protect this minion of Tri'Malis!? If you have the (censored) to do so, I'll kill you first!"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2010, 11:35:22 PM »
Ember had turned around to see what all the commotion was about. She wasn't surprised by who she saw since she recognized the voice. Slowly, she walked back to the gathering around Lazaryos and the Normal. She kept her distance from the group though. There was no telling how the situation was going to turn out and she had no interest in being struck my lightning or a badly aimed weapon or fist. So she kept her distance and waited to see what would happen next.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2010, 12:18:49 AM »
*Nitrous just ignored the tiger as he passed by still enraged by his ignorance at his attempts for killing* "I'll show that little feline who's boss later, but now that he is side-tracked, it's the best time to go for the docks ahead of the rest of these losers." *He grinned as he passed by Ember silently and kept going* "Good luck with your mage." *He jested as he walked further ahead cackling a bit* "Somebody better be watching his back." *He cracked his knuckles*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2010, 12:35:08 AM »
Chrono tried to pry his hands off while explaining his eye. "What -ack- kind of use would a normal be to a bunch of mages, if you want to see the scars they put -ack- on me, I'll show you!!" He tried to pry off the mage, but his eye was a consant throb of annoyance as it started to slowly drain the electricity out of the mage's eyes through close-proximity as it was completely haywire from inexperienced use.

All it did to Chrono was prolong the pain of his eye converting the lightning to majick, then forcing it into his body. The only thing worse than having no majick, is having an excess that you can't use...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:38:00 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2010, 12:50:35 AM »
Lazaryos growled and threw Chrono onto his back. He took out his staff and pointed it at Chrono. "You better have a bloody good explanation or else I'll give you more than enough Majicka to burst your head open like a watermelon." Lazaryos' Majicka continued to build within his eyes and his hands, just waiting to burst out. Anger filled his heart and his face, the memories of his family's massacre flashing before his mind's eye.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2010, 01:10:14 AM »
Ember continued to watch, ignoring Nitrous' comment even though she heard it well enough and taking a couple steps closer to the group as Lazaryos threw the Normal away. Looking at Lazaryos' face, she detected the anger in it. Actually, it looked more like rage to her. At this point, she didn't think that he would let the Normal live even if he did have a good explanation. Deciding it was best to act now before it was too late, she pushed her way through the crowd and stood in front of the Normal, blocking Lazaryos' would-be shot. "I can tell you are too angry for good judgment so I doubt you'd let him live even if he had a good explanation..." She started to speak then glanced back at the Normal on the ground before looking at Lazaryos again. "So you can strike me down to get to him if you want to, but at least let him explain AND actually listen to what he says. He could be innocent...maybe..."

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2010, 01:30:51 AM »
*Nitrous whistled a tune and continued to imagine ways to kill the tiger boy* "I hate that guy without even barely knowing much about him, I'd smash his brains out through his ears and then eat them as a way to celebrate victory!" *He laughed in contemplation at such a sadistic idea and then thought towards Ember* "I wonder what her thoughts are on him and does she actually love him in return, or is it all just perhaps curiosity? I may have no life of my own to care for the thought of, but I love to gobble up the details of others and just pick at them like dry turkey... and talking to myself." *The wolf kicked a couple of rocks as he kept walking down the path*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2010, 02:25:37 PM »
Chrono tried to force his third eye shut, but the instant it got close, it would flash again and be forced open. "The only thing I will not deny, is that I am from Tri'Malis... this eye is the mark of our lineage, no minion would be allowed to have it. Beyond that, Killing me would be saving them the trouble of doing it themselves. My 'family', if such words hold any real meaning now, will be at the second continent if you wish to actually get your revenge..." Chrono didn't feel like explaining why his own kin would want him dead, he just explained why he wouldn't be a part of a clan that wants him dead. "So can I continue my journey without being zapped every day for essentially being born Normal?"

Probably the most surprising thing about this situation was how Chrono quickly calmed down, despite facing down a very angry mage with lightning.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 02:37:14 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2010, 02:41:24 PM »
Lazaryos snorted and grumbled to himself. Tch! So the Tri'Malis want their own kind dead too, huh? As much as I hate to, he might become useful eventually. Guess I have no choice. He knelt beside Chrono and placed his right hand over the third eye. Quickly, Lazaryos could feel the Majicka being drained through his hand. "This is going to only hurt momentarily. After all, it is MY Majicka in your system." Lazaryos pointed his staff towards the sky and concentrated as hard as he could on the Topaz and a high-level spell. Majicka from within the third eye began reversing its flow back through Lazaryos into the giant Topaz. Lazaryos let go of Chrono's head as soon as he felt the Majicka emitting from his own body begin to drain into the spell. With a large and loud flash, a gigantic dragon made of lightning burst from the staff, shattering the Topaz and seeming to split the very sky. (Actually, it turned the semi-cloudy morning into a clear one.)

Lazaryos roared more ferociously than he ever had before, possibly being heard for a mile, as he flopped onto the floor, writhing in pain. His body wailed in agony after casting one of his highest spells. Now Lazaryos knew that Chrono was indeed telling the truth. That spell would normally take up almost half of his Majicka. Lazaryos cringed as he watched the yellow dust of his precious Topaz showered the ground before him. This bloody better be worth it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 02:45:42 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2010, 03:02:27 PM »
Ember was relieved when Lazaryos didn't strike her down. It was more surprising to her than if he had actually done it. She turned and watched him perform the spell and the after effects, cringing away when his Topaz shattered. When she looked towards the two again, she saw Lazaryos writhing in pain. She wanted to help him but she knew she couldn't take away that pain. "Are you going to be okay?" She asked, looking at Lazaryos. She felt like it was an extremely stupid question but it was the only thing she could think of to do or say.