The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66882 times)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2010, 01:36:46 AM »
*Nitrous's attention was instantly gathered as he noticed all of the sky change for an oddly placed lightning strike back from the location he had passed earlier* "Tiger boy." *Was all the wolf managed to say as he disgustedly turned back around, the sky slowly cleared* "Ugh, I wonder what crap he's been up to. I bet that little attack of his weakened him greatly, stupid feline." *He scoffed and spit on the ground to satisfy his bad luck superstitions* "Damn cats are always causing trouble."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2010, 03:15:46 PM »
The eye on his forehead slowly closed, keeping whatever majicka that it had already converted and stored, while reluctantly letting Lazaryos have whatever majicka was still left. Chrono groaned, being that light-headed did make it hard for him to move for a few seconds, but he managed to stand up and then got Lazaryos standing on his feet, and leaning on his staff.

He waited for a few moments to see if he fell, then went back on his trail, not wanting to say thanks to someone who was completely ready to fry him the second it seemed justified.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2010, 12:11:29 AM »
Lazaryos felt the same, receiving help from a Tri'Malis was a grave insult and angered him, but despite his background, that dragon was not his enemy. A couple Mages and Normals tried to say something to Chrono and Lazaryos, but kept their distance and thought better of it. The anger was apparent, and almost everyone knew Lazaryos' reputation of being the biggest (censored) when he was angry. It took a while, but Lazaryos was eventually able to hobble along, his body yelling at him in opposition due to the pain and stress it just went through. Indeed, this will be interesting.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2010, 01:08:44 AM »
"Screw you then." Ember said as Lazaryos ignored her completely. Turning on her heel, she walked off before he had even gotten up. "That's what I get for being nice and courteous for once..." She thought to herself as she walked. "I protect the Normal; I get no thanks. I ask if the tiger's okay; I get ignored. And people don't get why I'm tough and uncaring most of the time?" She scoffed to herself at the last part. "Should've just kept walking." She said quietly to herself as her tail moved behind her in an agitated fashion.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2010, 02:02:01 AM »
*Nitrous stopped for a moment and noticed Ember looking incredibly pissed off as she trudged onward, catching up with him walking at a snail pace* "Holy crap, what the hell happened back there... if you don't mind me asking?" *For once he actually sounded concerned* "I'm not concerned Mr. Conscience, I'm just interested in the pain... remember that!" *The aside to himself ended and he snapped back to reality as he tried to keep walking to avoid getting in her way and not to mention reach for a punch that could knock a man flying perhaps*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2010, 12:50:13 PM »
It wasn't until about an hour after the incident that Chrono realized he forgot to say something to the one person that stopped the mage from frying him. He immedeatly did a complete 180 and almost sprinted towards the gargoyle. He raised his arms in a meek defense while approaching her, not wanting to be knocked away by whatever she used before he could say anything. "Um... thanks; for earlier, with the lightning mage." He really couldn't understand himself why she seemed so scary, but he started to pace away when he didn't get any immedeat response.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2010, 02:56:14 PM »
Lazaryos finally got back to walking normally after about an hour and continued on towards the docks. He passed by Ember, who was stopped by Chrono. Lazaryos merely gave them a side glance as he passed by, not wanting concentrate or linger at Chrono's dark armour or Ember's sleek, curved figure, and her fiery, flaming eyes, and her sleek, long tail that covered her luscious, round..... No! Lazaryos shook his head and released a little bit of Majicka from his hands as he placed them on his face and shocked himself back to full consciousness, and sped ahead a little more.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2010, 03:12:04 PM »
Ember had been glaring ahead of her while she was walking and the look had remained as Chrono approached her but she did stop walking. As she listened to him speak, her look softened a little back to her normal expression. Before she knew it he was starting to move away from her, so she started walking again, glancing at Lazaryos as he passed. When she caught up to Chrono, she glanced over at him. "No problem. Now isn't the time for killing. Plus I felt that you should have been allowed to live if your excuse was good enough and I didn't think he'd let that happen." She spoke as she passed him and kept moving onward.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2010, 12:51:05 AM »
Chrono saw her pass, and suddenly felt competitive. He went on all fours and started dashing past her. "Wheee!" he said as he forgot about his competitive mood and started enjoying the wind against his body. He probably looked increadibly stupid running on all fours, but he enjoyed the simple feeling of running on all fours. It was one of the small things that actually took his mind off the pain he put up with for fifteen years, and did actually make a good endurance training exercise.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2010, 01:21:13 AM »
Lazaryos looked back as he heard the loud "Wheee!" behind him and saw the dragon in full armour running on all fours like an idiot. He shook his head and grumbled to himself as he walked on, "Maybe I should have killed him." Lazaryos continued on and shaded his eyes as he started to smell something salty in the air. I must be getting close. I can smell the docks. He hastened his steps, not wanting to wait any longer to reach his first way-point, the first blood-bath of the Pilgrimage. Only 1,000 people will make it into the boats. They'll only go across once and only have the capacity for that many. With over 400,000 people arriving there, it will truly be a sea of blood...

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2010, 01:39:56 AM »
Ember just shook her head as Chrono ran by her on all fours. Soon she smelled the water of the docks too. She became somewhat nervous because of what she knew that meant. The first big battle of the journey would be taking place in a day or two. She had never been a part of an actual big battle before so she had no idea how the upcoming one would turn out. She figured that she would probably get injured during it though but she hoped it wouldn't be too severe if it did happen. Her pace quickened slightly unconsciously as she was consumed with thoughts of what would unfold in the next couple of days.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2010, 02:07:28 AM »
Chrono was too busy feeling the wind against his face to realize he was only a few hours from the pier, though it was impossible to tell how much father away it was because nothing showed in the distance yet...

At the port, the three dragon siblings were at the Tri'malis boat, disguised as a merchant ship that delivered the Arena beasts. The three dragon siblings above Chrono were at the boat, knowing that leaving early will make them targets for mages and burning arrows. The two males were arguing over wether Chrono might try to find this ship and then the youngest of the three, the pink dragoness, knocked one off the ground with a burst of wind. "If he doesn't remember, hes of the family Tri'malis, hes not going to die against those pitiful mages and normals!!. Besides, being a filthy normal, he probably has the best chance to make it to the boats with his magic resistance..." last sentence was mumbled, as her first statement was enough for the eldest to stop worrying, and it gave her some much needed quiet. She will make sure Chrono gets on this boat, as its the safest choice beyond going into a bloodbath to reach the other ships.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2010, 02:21:09 AM »
Lazaryos was one of the first couple hundred to reach the docks. As expected, the ships hadn't arrived yet as they were loading supplies elsewhere along the coast. The Central Port was where they would be loading passengers. Lazaryos already began shuffling through the crowd, looking for other wind-type Mages that were lucky enough to get decent-sized topazes. If he was going to survive the upcoming bloodbath, he was going to need an amp.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2010, 02:51:55 AM »
Ember arrived at the docks only a few minutes after Lazaryos did. All she did was look around at all the others who had already arrived. She knew more were going to arrive. Once the boats arrived, it wouldn't be too long before the fighting broke out. She had nothing to do until that time though, so she just walked around in the crowd and waited for the moment to arrive where she would have to fight for a place on a boat and her life.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2010, 11:14:20 PM »
Chrono skidded to a stop as he arrived last at the dock, then got up on two legs and started looking around, not aware that the minions of Tri'Malis are also sifting through the crowd, waiting for the fight to begin so they could have justification in wiping all of the competition out. Chrono headed over to a blacksmith and brought both swords, along with their scabbards, to him and then placed a bag of coins on the table. "How much would it cost to get these blades replaced with a stronger material?"