The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66879 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2010, 12:37:40 PM »
Lazaryos awoke a couple hours later on the deck. The breeze was nice and the air was fresh. He got up after sitting for a few more minutes. Lazaryos found a crew member and asked how long it's been. "Not too long, sir. The fight's been over for about 5 hours now, and we just set sail about 2 hours ago. We'll be arriving at our destination by sunset tomorrow." Lazaryos thanked the man and walked over to the side of the boat and watched the stars for a while before turning to see the other four boats. He was on one of the smaller boats, but it was fine. It's truly rare to actually enjoy nature. I never really thought about it before. It really is beautiful. Lazaryos sighed and enjoyed the view when he noticed a peculiar character next to him. There was a large, glowing scythe strapped on him and the feeling of darkness and emptiness surrounded him. Hmmm....

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2010, 02:58:18 PM »
Ember awoke to a moonlit sky. As she stared up at the night sky from where she laid, she thought to herself, "Guess that fight took more out of me than I thought it did..." She watched the stars and searched for constellations for about ten minutes before she slowly sat up. No lightheaded feeling. That was good. She got to her feet and walked towards the front of the boat. Leaning on the edge, she stared out in front of her at the water and let the breeze play with her hair. Even as a fire magic-user, she still appreciated the other elements, never feeling that one was better than another. So she "drank" in all the ones around her. The light of the moon, the darkness of the night sky, the water lapping against the boat, and the breeze against her. Maybe this was why she always liked the night more than the day...she had never felt so calm in her life.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2010, 03:24:50 AM »
Chrono had long ditched his helmet after the fight had dented it to the point where it had no use as protection. He stood by the side railing, not wavering his gaze until the gargoyle he followed had apparently woken up and joined him at the front of the boat. "Nice to know you didn't get too much blood or cuts on you during the fight, some of the survivors are missing an arm or leg." the only indication of his head moving in thought would be the crimson mane around his head, which was easily blown around by the ocean winds. "Wait, I never did get your name; would you kindly inform me, or should I call you by 'Gargoyle of the Flame'?" the last part he added was just from what he saw, meaning no insult or aggressiveness towards her.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:27:32 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2010, 05:16:34 AM »
Alistair stood near the railing of the boat reading his book of spells. His black cloak was flapping in the wind with his Scythe seemily strapped to his back, but only he knew it was stuck to him. He then mumbled somthing on the wind, "Animo-Quam..." From affar it seemed he was mumbling like a crazy person. Alistair looked up and gazed into the starry night, his hood falling down revealing the blackend rings around his widely opened eyes. After a moment he turned his head to see Lazaryos practically gawking at him. He slammed closed his book, whipped back his cloak and tucked the book into a satchel hung over his shoulder that was hidden on his side under the cloak. Alistair then spoke in a deep and raspy voice, sounding like he was exhaling while he spoke, "Do you have a staring problem*He paused and looked him over* Tiger...I don't want to have to kill you but I take offense to people with staring problems..."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2010, 09:16:32 AM »
Lazaryos chuckled at the man's statement. "Heh, if you can, I invite it. However, I am merely examining your scythe. From the look of it and the small glow of Majicka on it, I'd say it's one of the Cursed Weapons of Muria. How about did you come across such a novel item? I, of course, don't wish to take it, though I am well aware of the property of ANY Cursed Items. I'm just somewhat fascinated by it."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2010, 10:19:17 PM »
Ember hadn't even noticed Chrono when she had walked up to the front of the boat. Listening to him and chuckling at his last comment, she glanced over at him. "My name's Ember. You?" She said and looked back out at the water. She was actually surprised that Chrono was even talking to her. She figured that her saving him would be the beginning and the end of it since he was a Normal and she thought he would want nothing to do with her kind.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: May 01, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »
"I perfer Chrono... but any name shorter or easier to remember could work for you" He was probably naive in thinking this way, but since she actually bothered to stop the mage from killing him, he figured she wasn't the usual type of mage he had experienced, there were alot of the tiger's kind he had met. Fortunately for those who despised such mages, they usually die from the consenquences of their actions, only a few he had the chance to end himself. "Um, did you by any chance hold a grudge against my family before the ambush?" He tilted his head to the right as he awaited her answer, but part of him hoped she didn't.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2010, 01:16:36 AM »
Alistair went back to looking at the stars for a few moments. He spoke again in his deep and raspy voice. "I purchased my scythe a few years ago, the mechant I bought it from told me it would granted me extrordinary power. I was blinded by my desire to bring her b-...My scythe has the ability to animate people I...Kill...But it also has an ill effect, it can never leave my body..." Alistair quickly whipped his scythe out from behind his back and flung it over the side of the boat. The scythe just reached out as far as it could go but one end was stuck to his palm like a magnet.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2010, 12:22:23 PM »
Lazaryos nodded as he watched and listened. "Indeed. Cursed items never leave their users after they have been used even once. Weapons are more tedious than armour. With a weapon, you need only hold it bare handed for it to stick to you. Armour, you actually have to wear it first. However, it seems that you were originally a Mage, and not a Normal. I assume there's also another side-effect of this cursed scythe of yours, then?" Lazaryos continued to examine the scythe and its user.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2010, 01:05:38 AM »
Ember just nodded in response to hearing his name. Listening to his question, she felt a bit stupid thinking about what she knew her answer would be. "I've never encountered your family actually..." She responded. To her it seemed like everybody had encountered that clan but she had never even seen them before. She felt like she lived in a bubble just because of that but she knew the ones who had encountered them would wish they were in her bubble. A thought quickly rushed to the front of her mind out of nowhere. "Where's my staff?!" She said as she began looking around frantically. It only took a few seconds for her to see it next to the stretcher she had been lying on. She rushed over to it and picked it up, examining it. Of course it was fine since pretty much everyone on the boat was asleep. She let out a sigh of relief.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2010, 01:16:19 AM »
Chrono held back a chuckle at her sudden loss of mental cool. "Its stuff like that makes me glad I'm not a mage... but then again, our clan realized our eye acts as an all-element amplifier, the only drawback is that we pretty much condemn our existance to just being mages..." he absently-minded scratched at the slit keeping his eye free of dirt, when his gauntlet came into contact with the eye, it sounded like metal grinding against a granite block. He looked at now dulled gauntlet finger and gave a heartfelt sigh. He then looked up at Ember who had just jumped where she was standing, and stared at Chrono. "Did I forget to mention I can't gouge out the eye with any form of attack or spell and live!?"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2010, 04:09:59 AM »
Alistair moved his scythe into his left hand and turned all the way towards Lazaryos, staring at him with his widened unblinking eyes. "You are...Too smart for your own good...I try to keep that side effect a secret...It is an unfortunate weakness...One I have adapted to over the two years I have had this weapon...As the intelligent man you appear to be you should understand my position at this time...I am going to have to kill you now." Alistair extended his hand to Lozaryos, his eye fixed on his. "But I give you one chance at friendship...There is...No other choice." "Hmm...I would think he should choose this path...It would seem I am at the advantage, being more skilled with my weapon than he..."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2010, 02:34:20 PM »
Lazaryos chuckled very darkly, "Omoshiro. (Interesting.) That is quite the offer, but I might have to pass for the moment. Though the prospect of fighting you sounds very fun, I'll have to decline. Because before the two of us would even have started to fight, the two of us would be dead. Fighting during sea travel on the Pilgrimage is forbidden. They may not be a part of it, but these sailors are far stronger than they appear. They're businessman, and have no interest in obtaining the Mana, but that doesn't mean they are weak. Perhaps another time." Lazaryos brushed the cursed scythe from his face with his staff. Omoshiroi sayou... (Interesting indeed)

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2010, 03:12:30 PM »
Ember raised an eyebrow at Chrono from where she stood by where she had been lying before. "And you have to be that dramatic about it?" She said and chuckled softly. Turning sideways, she looked back out at the water to the side of the boat. "Though it is interesting. I'm just not one for the dramatic." She took a hold of the diamond hanging from her neck and lifted it to look at it, admiring it even with its flaws.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2010, 09:05:55 PM »
Chrono still rubbed his finger against the 'eye' while she was speaking. "I've been trying to get rid of this thing ever since I had gotten abuse for it, even my siblings tried to help out of pity, but any attempt short of cracking open my skull and killing me couldn't dislodge the eye... so please excuse me for sounding frustrated, or as you say, 'dramatic'." he looked away from her with an absent-minded face, then he felt the scales on his neck start to shake, and he got a good distance away from the rails. He had a look of panic before putting his index and thumb talon on his brows and calming down. Its just paranoia... they're too far for such panic to be called for. he thought to himself, not wanting to think of such a possibile encounter.