The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66880 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2010, 09:22:27 PM »
Alistair didn't stop looking at Lazaryos, while his eys looked off to the side at a sailor staring at the two, hand on a sheathed sowrd at his side. He looked back at Lazaryos and switched his sycthe back to his right hand, lowering it to his side. "Very well then..." He said nothing more as he turned and headed to the bow of the ship. He held his scythe infront f him and just looked at it for a short while before returning his attention to the starry night above him.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2010, 10:19:41 PM »
Lazaryos smirked and turned to get some rest when he noticed Ember on the other end of the ship. He felt that level of attraction rise to the occasion and quickly just went to the stern of the boat, laying against the stairs. Lazaryos did his best to fall asleep under the "circumstances" and eventually fell asleep. He woke up late the next morning, nearing high noon.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2010, 11:02:36 PM »
"I wasn't trying to brush off your situation...you just sounded kind of over-dramatic in how you said it." Ember said, glancing over at him then back out at the black water. "But anyways, I guess this conversation has reached an end and I'm still tired, so yeah." She laid down on the stretcher she had been on before and closed her eyes, still holding her staff. Forcing herself to sleep, she woke up three hours before noon but just stared up at the sky for the next three hours, having nothing else to do.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2010, 11:11:50 PM »
Chrono never slept on the ship, just lost consiousness as his attempt at vigilance wore his body out and forced itself to shut-down on him. He couldn't stop thinking about how his family barged into Uncle's house while he was still visiting, pushed him away, and quickly performed a mock-trial before executing him for 'betraying his family'. He started to recall Big Sister, trying to get him out of the house so he wouldn't see what his own parents did. She failed when Uncle's blood had hit him right on that cursed third eye, dooming him to hate his parents with nothing but murderous rage.

When he regained consiousness, he was having a mental break-down of rage and frustration.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: May 04, 2010, 12:43:50 AM »
Alistair didn't exactly sleep, he stood at the bow of the ship like a statue just staring off into the distance. His hood was up again, his cloak flapping in the wind under his scythe that was returned to it's place on his back. He just stood there, thinking about that tiger and ofcourse about getting the Mana droplet. Vivian...I will bring you back...Or die trying and join you where you are... He watched the sunrise up until it was high in the sky.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2010, 01:08:20 AM »
Lazaryos was among the first on the ship to get off that ship as they landed around sunset. He didn't enjoy the new environment at all. The second continent was all desert as far as the eye can see. Luckily, the port itself had a small town with a large inn. Lazaryos began to take a step towards the inn as everyone disembarked, when there came a loud sound of one of the ships being torn into pieces. He turned around and found the ship that he was on slowly being crushed by large tentacles. Holy (censored). Lazaryos began to make his way towards the ships when he noticed something odd. There were 30 tentacles... "(Censored)!"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2010, 01:48:47 AM »
Ember was getting off of the boat when the boat started to get crushed. She quickly ran halfway down the ramp before it started to fall into the water. Jumping towards the dock, she realized too little too late that her jump wouldn't be enough to carry to the shore and somehow she forgot she had wings to help her. She fell into the water with a splash and quickly swam to the shore, climbing out of the water. She was thankful that the monster was too preoccupied with the boat. Now she was soaked from head to toe as she turned and looked back at the boat from the shore. Looking down at herself, she shook her head. "Well that's just perfect..."

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: May 04, 2010, 03:05:57 PM »
Chrono's anger was replaced with a tinge of panic as he tried to keep up with Ember, but couldn't make it to the gangplank before it gave and fell. He climbed on top of the ship and drew his two swords, expecting to either fight, or get those tentacles to help him hit land."Of all five ships to be attacked... it has to be my family that picks the one I'm on." he mused, assuming that 30 tentacles would attribute to a large beast, which would point to his family's buisness of making monsters.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: May 04, 2010, 06:43:05 PM »
Alistair was already ahead of the others towards the town when he turned to see the commotion. He saw the tentacles ripping the ships apart. His wide eyed and emotionless face was unchanged by this as he looked at all the people that were gawking at this sight before him. He honestly didn't care for the well beings of any of them, particularly that tiger considering the knowledge he's gained. Alistair looked around him in his immediate vicinity, spotting a few people, strangely enough there was a mage, an archer and a guy with a claymore to his right. He approached them, though he didn't care about this monster he had a reason to kill. "What say you about this thing?" He asked them. The mage was nearest him and turn his head to Alistair. "Glad I got off the boats when I did." Just then the archer strung up an arrow and let it loose towards one of the tentacles, hitting it with amazing accuracy. Alistair looked to the archer, examining him curiously. "You are quite skilled with that bow..." "Dang right I am, I'm the best!" By this time the warrior had noticed the scythe on Alistair's back. "That's a nice weapon you got there, mister, mind if I...Take a look?" His head cocked eerily at the warrior. "Allow...Me to show you..." He unsheathed it and brought it up the warriors chest killing him. The mage and archer watched with utterly stunned faces. "Y-You-" Before the mage could finish Alistair brought his scythe down slicing his throat open. The archer strung up an arrow but the warrior suddenly sprang to life and tackled him. The archer screamed wildly as the warrior sunk his teeth into the archer. Alistair, not wanting to sqwaunder this, stabbed his scythe into the archers chest stealing the kill for his own.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: May 04, 2010, 11:44:29 PM »
Lazaryos ran towards the edge, itching to kill the monsters. Thirty tentacles, three giant squids. Three times the pain in the (censored). Dammit. As he ran, he charged a strong lightning spell, but as he got closer, he watched Ember come up out of the water all soaked and drenched and his fatal attraction to her made him miss a step and he tripped on his own feet, face planting and the lightning spell flying wildly, hitting one of the tentacles on the boat he was on.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: May 05, 2010, 01:29:26 AM »
Ember saw Lazaryos trip and fall as she was wringing out her hair. One of her eyebrows raised as she wondered how he managed such a misstep but then she just shrugged. Turning her attention towards the tentacles, she readied herself even though there was no actual need for her to fight. She was just thinking about casting a couple things but then she would be done. She sent a big boomerang of fire at the tentacles to at least cut through some of them.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: May 05, 2010, 07:03:47 PM »
Chrono slowly turned around, keeping a mental note on all of the positions of each tentacle while feeling for any that might take a swing at him. He felt a brush of wind come from the right, and swung his primary blade in that direction; the contact felt and sounded as if he hit the tree trunk of a really big and still-living tree. He held onto the blade and was pulled off his feet by the flailing tentacle, but he regained his balance by swinging his secondary blade right next to the primary, and planting his feet on the side. "How old are these creatures?!" he yelled, trying to see if anyone that just felt like standing around could actually answer that question.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: May 05, 2010, 08:09:41 PM »
Alistair waved his hand towards the tentacles, signaling his newly enlisted minions to charge at them. The mage had replaced it's staff with a small sword which was on the warrior's person while the warrior continued using it's claymore. Alistair continued to hold out his hands, wriggling his fingers like he was controling the minions. The archer stayed back and shot a few arrows at the flailing tentacles while the two others charged blindly at the beast. Though the mage kind of dawdled near Chrono when he shouted out his question. The mage answered him with a bone chilling shriek.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: May 06, 2010, 02:10:00 AM »
Lazaryos got up and ran closer to the edge. It was impossible to get any closer since the closest tentacle was still a ways out. He paused momentarily as he watched Chrono stand against one of the flailing tentacles and a couple zombies swim over and attempt to swing their weapons at them. Now that's not something you see everyday. Lazaryos closed his eyes and pointed his staff towards the tentacles that were now almost completely crushed the first boat. The various topazes began to glow very brightly and he finally fired a narrowed storm of fair size towards the epicenter of that cluster of tentacles. Much of the storm hit the first squid below, the tentacles flailing more violently and the main body actually rising from the waters and the tentacles threw the boat at Lazaryos.

"HOLY (uber censored)!!!!!!!" Lazaryos turned to try to run off, though he doubted he could. He couldn't cast a spell in time, since it took too much concentration for this many topazes. Spells fried from a neighboring boat, but all of them missed as that one was beginning to get crushed as well.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: May 06, 2010, 02:24:46 AM »
Ember soon spotted her opportunity to actually be of some use in the situation as the boat was thrown at Lazaryos after he hit a squid with a lightning storm. Nothing anyone was doing was stopping it and she could tell he didn't have the time to help himself. "Here goes nothing." She muttered as the ruby in her staff glowed. A fireball was sent at the boat and, because of the angle it was shot from, it interrupted the boat's flight, causing it to turn slightly in the air. She immediately cast her flamethrower spell after the fireball and burned the boat to ash as it passed her. All that hit Lazaryos when she was done with the boat was ash.