The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66877 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #210 on: May 07, 2010, 12:52:43 AM »
Chrono tried to pull his blades out, but that only made the tentacle thrash from the pain. I can't swim with all of this armor, and the only mages that could help me are probably behind this attack... he tried to slide his blades out instead of pulling, but it led to the same result. Unless someone actually took the time to help him, he was stuck up there as his blades were the only things that kept the tentacle from flinging him into the water.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #211 on: May 07, 2010, 05:30:00 AM »
Alistair continued to stand back with his hand extended controlling his minions, the archer continuing to volley arrows at the tenticles. By this time the warrior had latched onto a tenticle chopping at it wildly. The mage stood idle by, gleaming at Chrono not obey Alistair completely. He didn't care though, he wouldn't have made the mage go on the offensive anyway and just used him as a form of backup on the sidelines. Alistair just stood back surveying the battle with his wide eyed and emotionless facial expression.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #212 on: May 07, 2010, 11:53:27 AM »
Lazaryos was surprised to see the boat turn to ashes. He turned to find Ember had saved his (censored). That bulging feeling of want for her surfaced again, but he did his best to keep himself in check. The first squid was now being distracted by the zombies picking at its flesh. With a careful aim, Lazaryos charged and released a large strike of lightning. He grunted a bit, but he's starting to get used to using spells of this caliber now. The squid made a squelching sound as it was shocked to death, though not really fried. Hopefully, some of these guys will live so I can get some Moolah from this.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #213 on: May 07, 2010, 04:23:46 PM »
Ember slowly sat down on the ground as Lazaryos sent the lightning strike and killed one of the squids. Saving him with those spells had taken a lot out of her. At this point the spells she could cast would be of very little help to the ongoing fight. She decided that she was going to just sit and watch in case her little spells could help with somebody else's larger spell. While watching she was glad that there was an inn that she could retreat to afterward.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2010, 12:49:23 AM »
He felt the tentacle give beneath him, and he started to panic, until he was flung off and almost into Ember, but the sand stopped any further movement towards her. He still held onto the blades, so a geyser of blood was seen spraying out of the tentacle as it decended with the rest of the squid. "Ow.... I think I broke a rib or three, and sand is leaking into my armor" He tried to get up, but it took a mastery of body control to move his legs, let alone his entire body.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2010, 03:22:25 AM »
Alistair watched as Chrono was thrown through the air, not giving him much attention. "Weaklings..." His mage sauntered over to Chrono, but this time Alistair sent him on the attack to join the warrior. Just then two living warriors came up behind him. "Hey, we saw what you did to our friends. Your gonna pay for that!" Following his words was a swing from one of two katanas the man was wielding which was blocked instantly with his scythe. Alistair jumped back, focusing his archer's fire onto the two assailants. One of the two was struck in the leg and shoulder while the other one paniced and got a sythe in his chest. Alistair glared at the living man for a moment, he began to beg for his life but was cut short, he was now an additional minion like his friends. He sent the two new warriors at the tenticles and made the archer go back to firing at it.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2010, 11:23:39 AM »
Lazaryos watched the events with Alister unfold. Hmmm... Interesting. So he's a dark element in necromancy. The Scythe of Nimuria. I've only read books about it, but I never thought that its properties could change with its user. This is a REAL cursed weapon. I must be careful around this one, then. Lazaryos turned to ready for another fight, but it seemed that the rest of the fleet finally had things under control. He was impressed at how powerful the Mages and Normals were, that made up the fleet. It was truly a wonder why they are not out there fighting for the Mana.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2010, 04:16:48 PM »
Ember slowly stood up as she saw that the men on the ships had gotten things under control and brushed herself of since sand was sticking to her wet skirt. Turning around, she sluggishly walked towards the inn she had seen before. She noticed men staring at her since she was still somewhat wet. "Unless you want your eyes burned out of your sockets, you better direct your attention elsewhere." She snapped at one group of men watching her. Heading into the inn, she got some food and paid for it and a room. She then slowly made her way up the stairs.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2010, 08:51:11 PM »
Chrono had a few moments to rest, and it gave him enough strength to feel light enough to get up and drag himself over to the closest in he just saw Ember go inside. Alas, he only made it past the door before hitting the ground again, waiting a few moments before getting back up and paying with the coin he had left from his theft long ago. The innmaster had a waitress help him up the stairs and lead him to the only room with an extra bed since he would need someone to get him to the bed, which she was not paid to do.

She opened the door and didn't bother to see who was in the room before letting Chrono hit the floor once again.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: May 11, 2010, 12:07:27 AM »
As the battle looked to be underhand Alistair caught Lazaryos looking at him but paid it no mind. He waved a hand, sending all his minions to rushed the tenticles while he turned and walked off. He headed to the inn, got a room and went in it. Once in he looked around, showing no emotion. Alistair walked over to the window and looked into the sky for awhile. He eventually took out his book and began to read through it.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: May 11, 2010, 01:27:17 AM »
Lazaryos turned to the emporium and looked for the scholars' quarters. He wrapped on a few doors until he found the one he was looking for. The old man came out and greeted Lazaryos in a business manner. Like everyone else that knows his name, the scholar didn't like Lazaryos at all, but saw the benefits of being with him. The two of them went into the library and rifled through books and scrolls, digging up as much information as possible about the Cursed Items, as Lazaryos brought up his recent findings about the Scythe of Nimuria.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: May 11, 2010, 04:35:31 PM »
Ember ate her food in her room, having not felt like sitting down in the inn's more public small lobby. When she was done, she walked over to the bed. Leaning her staff against the bedside table, she crawled under the covers on the bed. She fell asleep extremely fast since she was so tired from all of her majicka usage. Her sleep was peaceful and she had no dreams. She woke up early the next morning and went down to the lobby, getting some food and eating before she headed out.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: May 11, 2010, 09:23:05 PM »
Chrono hadn't moved from where he fell until next morning, when his strength returned and he could finally lift himself off the floor. He felt like his sight and mind were enshrouded in a massive blanket of gray, with only a few things in his immediate sight. He managed to walk down the stairs without falling, then went outside while his cramped hands had frozen their grip on the swords. Where the heck am I, and why am I not at the bottom of the ocean? he thought, having no recollection of his arrival at the inn, or even surviving the fall off the squid's arm.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2010, 11:14:25 PM »
Alistair had closed his put and put it back into his satchel under his cloak. He continued staring out of the window for a short ehile, after which he decided to head out. He saw Chono stumbling around but just passed him bye, though it took him a bit to finally get out of the way. Alistair had considered killing him for moving so slowly but decided against it and just went on his way. He took his scythe from his back and carried it in his right hand as he began to head out of the town.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: May 11, 2010, 11:36:18 PM »
Lazaryos woke up in the library alongside the scholar. He groaned as he got up, and grabbed a stack of parchments that they had jotted notes and overviews from the night before. As he walked out, Lazaryos dropped off a full bag of coins for the scholar and left. He groaned as he stretched, walking further out of the town. Ugh... so 2 day's walk to the Arena to stock on supplies before utter nothingness for a whole month. I guess I better make the best of this. Just gotta remember the prize at the end of the tunnel. Lazaryos groaned and dragged his feet but then saw Ember ahead of him. But then again..........
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:24:16 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »