The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66873 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #240 on: May 15, 2010, 01:11:55 AM »
The dragon swung its head around, attempting to swat the toe-nail sized version of itself like a fly. Lazaryos growled as it turned its attention onto him after it did. Dammit. Looks like now or never. The dragon roared and spewed fire at Lazaryos while keeping its jaws opened and came in to eat him. Lazaryos' lightning barrier wore down to nothingness very fast from the fire. With all that he could muster, Lazaryos pointed the staff upwards towards the dragon's mouth and shot another lightning dragon like before and overloaded all 13 topazes on the staff. The lightning attack did no damage, however, just sort of pushing its head in the opposite direction. "Why am I not surprised? Those damned scales are nearly impenetrable. Lazaryos just barely had enough time to reach into the scale and grab the large, shining stone. However, it was stuck. Lazaryos gripped and pulled as much as he could, but it would barely inch out. The dragon roared and swung its head over, sending Lazaryos flying through the air and into the stands in front of Ember. Lazaryos groaned as he slowly got up, and examined the stone that he had grabbed. It's a pure one! Now we'll see who's the dominator.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #241 on: May 15, 2010, 08:33:48 PM »
Ember watched Lazaryos fly into the stands out of the corner of her eye. She couldn't spare her full attention because she needed to focus on the beasts she was fighting. "This gets really old really fast." She grumbled to herself as a comment about fighting the beasts. When there were no more beasts around her, she sent a fireball flying at the dragon's head and also sent a large, "sharp" boomerang of fire at the dragon's neck.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #242 on: May 16, 2010, 01:06:36 AM »
Chrono had reached the neck when he saw the boomerang of fire coming at his general direction, which he promptly jumped away from. The flames didn't even scuff the scales, and he looked at Ember with annoyance. "really, fire against a giant dragon, why not just throw pillows while you're at it?!" he yelled as he went back the neck, jamming one blade into the flesh, and started hacking away at the scales with the other blade, noticing his blade only scuffing the scales. He needed some kind of enchantment to break through the scales, and getting off the dragon would be suicide considering how much he aggravated it.

He only hoped Ember wouldn't think to throw more fire while he was up there hoping for anything but a fire enchantment.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 01:53:15 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #243 on: May 16, 2010, 01:53:32 AM »
Alistair sent his new found minions to assist in the fight, not because helping the competition was wise, but he had regained a substantial amount of energy. He made one of them stand back while while the other got onto the dragon's back. He looked around at the corpses of the beasts before pointing his hand at one. The corpse began to shred, the bones comming out of the body and forming into a jagged and rather frightening looking spear. He hurled it at the dragon but it barely knicked it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 03:25:49 AM by Srgntcuddles »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: May 16, 2010, 02:09:36 AM »
Lazaryos made quick work of attaching his new-found treasure. Finally. A pure topaz. So the rumor of dragons' treasuries might be true after all. Snapping out of his little greedy head, Lazaryos noticed the struggling swordsman at the dragon's neck. "3 eyed boy! Hold out your swords!" Lazaryos ran in fast to close the gap between the two of them. The topaz glowed with majesty as Lazaryos charged it, and, with a well-placed shot, fired a concentrated lightning right at the swords. Lazaryos got thrown on his rump, not expecting that kind of output. The traveling lightning formed into runes and placed themselves onto the blades. "Make sure you don't get too far from me and watch my (censored)! If I die, you're more screwed than a prostitute that walked into a bar in Brisbain!"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #245 on: May 16, 2010, 03:59:21 PM »
Ember growled furiously. "I'm a FIRE mage! What the (censored) do you expect me to do, you imbecile!" She yelled back at Chrono. Turning on her heel, she started to climb up the stands as Lazaryos started enchanting Chrono's weapons. "I never should have saved his sorry hide..." She grumbled to herself as she climbed to the top of the stands. She thought it was pretty ironic that she was the one who saved his life against Lazaryos and now she was the one who, in this moment, would rather have him die and Lazaryos was the one helping him. As she sat down on the stands, she watched the two of them with mild interest. She knew she had just agreed to an alliance with the two of them but it wasn't like she was any help in this situation. Chrono had made that quite clear and she was one who could hold a grudge.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: May 16, 2010, 11:39:54 PM »
"I'll try, but this dragon isn't really the type to stand still while I kill it!!" he yelled before swinging, finally seeing the scales shatter under the added lightning runes. The moment he cut into the flesh, he was nearly thrown off the dragon as it spun 360 degrees to find whoever managed to actually wound it. Chrono could only stab and cut deeper, hoping Lazyros doesn't get whacked from its rampage.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: May 17, 2010, 12:08:49 AM »
The minion on the back of the dragon clawed furiosly at a single spot repeatedly. If she was knocked off she just simply jumped back on top. Alistair made another freakishly looking spear with another corpse, but instead of hurling it right away he want to wait for a clear shot at it's weaker underbelly. He had hoped the others would be able to get him this shot, it would be his only hope considering his minion on the back wasn't being very effective. To the dragon it was probably just scratching an itch.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 03:29:59 AM by Srgntcuddles »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: May 17, 2010, 01:14:05 AM »
Lazaryos ducked down at the dragon's low, double tails. With another charge into the topaz, Lazaryos fired as large of a net as he could at the dragon's feet, but, like before, the power output was more than he was used to/ready for. He ended up flying backwards into the first row of stands, cutting off the enchantment on Chrono's sword. "Oh, (censored). RUN!"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: May 17, 2010, 01:38:41 PM »
Chrono couldn't run even if he wanted to, the safest area in the entire arena would be where the dragon couldn't reach, which is exactly where he was standing. He realized the enchantment had failed when he couldn't pull his primary blade out of the draconian neck. I could finish it off from here, but that would require both swords; and I'm not trusting this thing to stay put for even half a second...

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: May 17, 2010, 04:37:56 PM »
Alistair saw the panther out of the corner of his eye get to his feet. He saw his friends dead and shouted explitives at Alistair before running off. Alistair didn't even glance at him, still waiting for the right time to toss his grizly spear into the dragon's underbelly. The minion on the dragon's back was doing little to nothing so Alistair sent her up the dragon's neck to Chrono. She latched onto his leg and climbed up his back, grabbing onto Chrono's sword to help him pull it out.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: May 17, 2010, 07:10:45 PM »
The dragon roared in anger and threw the two on its neck off. Lazaryos rushed over and barely "caught" Chrono on his back, grunting under the weight of the dragon and his armour. "You know, you can afford to lose some weight." The dragon roared again as the other beasts closed in on it, smelling the scent of blood. The dragon crushed many under its feet and sprayed long streams of fire around it to kill its surroundings. Lazryos quickly raised a lightning barrier to protect him and the heavy Chrono on top of him, from the flames. The dragon roared as the Arena burned and flew out into the night. Lazaryos groaned as he pushed Chrono off of him. "This might not be the time for it, but I think that dragon just stole your sword."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2010, 11:34:31 PM »
Ember was unaffected by the dragon's action and the fact that the Arena was burning. She casually got up from her seat like she was just at a nice dinner and walked down the stands while others running for their lives. To her it was just another spell and she knew there was easy way to block herself from the flames if they became too close for comfort which, for her, would be extremely close. She walked past Lazaryos and Chrono as she headed for the exit at a leisurely pace. "If you two would prefer to live, I'd stay close to me if I were you." She spoke as she passed them, not even looking at them. "But if you'd like to burn to death, be my guest." She continued toward the exit. It wasn't like she was walking too fast for them to catch up to her anyway and she just didn't feel like stopping for them. "I could save that Normal's life in this kind of situation. Bet he never thought about that." She thought as a smirk appeared on her face.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: May 18, 2010, 12:07:19 AM »
Chrono had finally enough strength to move, but he didn't follow her, he looked up at Lazaryos with a fleck of anger in his eyes. "What are you waiting for, my sword is metal, just fry the neck and I'll get my sword out when its cooked clean..." He left the barrier and caught up with Ember, and tapped her on the shoulder. "Care to explain how you think the dragon won't chase us after everyone else is dead?"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: May 18, 2010, 04:38:10 AM »
Alistair recalled his minions to his side as he walked in the direction of the woman leaving the arena, as it was the closest exit not in flames. He stood behind them because they were blocking the door and weren't moving quickly. He didn't waste his breath on them, he might have killed them if his minions weren't going to expire soon. But he just stood back, scythe in his right hand, hood up and his two minions hunched obidiently behind him, waiting for a command.