The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66875 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #255 on: May 18, 2010, 04:59:55 PM »
Lazaryos growled at Chrono, "Well pardon me for saving your sorry (censored)! That armour of yours protects you against magic, not dragons' flames! If you would rather burn to death, that's your problem, but I'm more into living to fight another day." Lazaryos slammed the base of his staff onto the ground and cleared flames just around his barrier. He ran to catch up with Ember.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #256 on: May 19, 2010, 01:05:14 AM »
Ember just ignored Chrono's question, not feeling the need to give him her attention when he was being so absurd. She thought it was really ironic that she ended up being aggravated with Chrono AFTER the three of them had joined forced but just shrugged it off. She never had to make a move to push the fire away from her or whoever actually followed her out. As she exited the Arena, she immediately headed in the direction of the Mana. There was no reason to stop or even pause outside of the Arena.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #257 on: May 19, 2010, 01:22:42 AM »
Chrono looked around, everyone he knew was angry at him for something, or just ignored him. He tried to hide the resurfacing past emotions by adopting the same anger towards the others, and then going past Ember and Lazyros. At least my family told me to be quiet if I was acting ignorant... Frack, why am I thinking about those self-righteous mages again?! he brought his arms up and pulled on his mane, letting out a frustrated roar before running in direction of Mana. If that freaking lightning mage didn't get knocked away, I wouldn't have lost my Uncle's sword!! Of all the- He was practically oblivious to anything going on around him as he couldn't quiet the hurricane in his mind.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #258 on: May 19, 2010, 01:42:32 AM »
Alistair walked behind the three as they went on their way. It's not like they've even noticed him yet, he could probably kill them and they would be none the wiser. But he had no point to do it....Yet. He continued to follow them, hood up, scythe in hand, minions on his coat tails. A great distance from them the panther was following them along with a masked and cloaked figure. "He killed Dutchess and Reyna, boss...We can't allow him to live..."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: May 19, 2010, 05:28:37 PM »
After they had exited the burning Arena, Lazaryos growled and pointed his staff at the necromancer behind him, walking backwards to stay with the group. "State your business, dark one. I don't particularly trust a necromancer who walks behind people with the Cursed Scythe of Nimuria. Are you thinking of adding us to your little pack? If so, I'll kill you here, Cursed Weapon or not."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #260 on: May 19, 2010, 11:37:25 PM »
Ember glanced over at Lazaryos when he turned to walk backwards and spoke to the one walking behind them. "Good, I was getting creeped out by that guy." She thought to herself as she looked forward again. "I don't particularly like being followed and the followed carrying a scythe makes it even worse." She watched Chrono running ahead of them and just shook her head. She didn't see why he had any reason to be upset when he was the one who had been rude to her for no good reason. As she walked, it moved to the back of her mind though as she looked around her at the vast expanse of land.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: May 20, 2010, 11:27:14 AM »
Chrono started to hallucinate during his running, paritally because his armor was not in the least keeping him warm as the lack of clouds allowed the temperature to drop well below what he is used to; the other part was due to his emotions yet again running rampant when he had tried to dry them up with a lack of caring 'for others'. To his left he saw his Uncle's peasant-like house, going through months like seconds until it was burned to the ground by his Father. To his right, he was running from his siblings who had tried to track him down after he ran away from the family estate. What does it take to kill these horrid memories?! was his last thought before his graceless fall to the sand, followed by the eventual mental darkness of unconsiousness.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 03:15:20 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: May 20, 2010, 03:30:03 PM »
Alistair looked at Lazaryos with his expressionless face, it seems one of them was able pull their head out of their hind quarters. "If I had wanted to kill you, I would have done so when I had the chance..." His minions stood infront of him seemingly instinctivly. They were on the verge of expiring, but if a fight was to ensue he could use them for shields. The fact that the three were together meant that they were working with eachother. He would need all he could to take them, but he didn't want a fight. If he had to he could take them, considering their muscle was far ahead of them like the imbicile he seemed to be. "I have no quarrel with you or your...Comrades...But if you finally want to face me...The crew of the ship aren't here to protect you now..."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: May 21, 2010, 11:44:25 AM »
Lazaryos growled and finally sighed as he lowered his staff. "Perhaps tomorrow, if we don't have anymore scuffles. I'd truly like to see how one truly handles a Cursed Weapon, being a Mage." He turned  and followed Chrono and Ember. Somehow, his anger had subsided quite quickly, talking to the necromancer. I hope this feeling isn't the same ones I have for Ember...

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2010, 03:25:43 PM »
As Ember listened to the one with the scythe speak, she wanted to set his minions on fire and turn to punch him square in the face right then and there. Something about him just really irritated her to the core. One of the reasons she was irritated probably was because he made it seem like Lazaryos needed protection from others and that was obviously untrue from seeing him fight so many times. Of course, she also thought that necromancy was one of the most pathetic forms of magic since all they had to do was kill someone and then they'd do the fighting for them. She admired the other forms more because people fought for themselves when they used them. She took a deep breath as she continued to walk, trying to keep herself calm.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: May 22, 2010, 04:01:06 AM »
Chrono slowly regained consiousness, and noticed they had either caught up to; or were now passing Chrono as he was recovering from his 'panic attack'. He mumbled and grumbled a few curses as he got up and shook the sand out of his armor and went to a regular walking pace. Don't lose it until my family shows up... man thats getting harder to do with all of thats been going on. He mused while trying to keep remotely aware of his surroundings.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: May 22, 2010, 04:49:12 PM »
As Alistair's and Lazaryos' chat had come to an end, Alistair's minions did aswell. He continued to stalk behind them as they went on their way, with the two remaining dark mages following off in the distance. "We'll get him when he sleeps, alright boss? Sound good?" said the panther to the masked figure beside him. Alistair looked at his hand, since his minions had gone his remaining majicka would soon be gone aswell. He felt the scythe doing it's work, the draining sensation enveloped his body as he carried on. He was used to this numbing draining feeling, though it would soon have leeched it's fill leaving Alistair with a bare minimum, just enough to be conscious.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2010, 11:17:39 PM »
Lazaryos kept a sturdy eye at Alistair before turning and walking after Ember. He growled as they kept going that night, far from the Arena. After they had been far enough, they set up for the night. Lazaryos closed his eyes as he sat down and mediated before fading into a deep sleep. His sleep was disturbed a few hours later, well before twilight. A bit of shuffling in the sand was picked up immediately from his feline ears. Lazaryos' eyes adjusted quickly and saw two figures hurriedly scuffling towards the place where Alistair was sleeping. He didn't think much of it, when he noticed something peculiar about the scythe. Alistair was clearly in too deep a sleep to notice, but he noticed the scythe shifting a little. This should be funny.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: May 23, 2010, 12:19:09 AM »
Ember's fur had been standing on end before her eyes had even opened. She had heard the scuffling as well since she had only been half-asleep when the sound had started. Not needing to turn her head to tell what was going on (she is a bat after all), she decided she wasn't going to do anything to help the scythe wielder. Why should she anyway? She didn't like the guy in the least even though she barely knew him. She was just going to wait and listen in case she needed to defend herself.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: May 23, 2010, 03:39:48 AM »
Chrono was drawing pictures in the sand, instincts keeping him from venturing too far away from the 'truce' he made, but he still didn't realize where he truly was. All he could think of was brainstorming different time-lines if certain key events and facts didn't exist as they do now. He ended up making a giant tree of possible lives he could have lived, some intersecting, while others are parallel. He didn't even notice that a stalker of the group was going to get attacked, nor would he do anything about it if he did know.