The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66892 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2010, 03:05:33 AM »
Ember noticed that others had stopped walking and once she got to the point they were at, she saw why. A moving sea of black. She didn't need any light to know what was causing the blackness to move; people setting up camp for the night was a clear indication that there was danger ahead and judging by how big the movement was, she knew it was monsters. "Well, the good day I predicted has come to a close..." She said out loud to herself, not intending for others to hear but not caring if they did as she pulled her bag off her back, removing her sleeping mat from its place on top of her bag and rolling it out. Lying down on top of the mat, she stared up at the sky. She wasn't cold at the moment which is why she hadn't laid inside the mat, knowing full well that even if she fell asleep outside of it she would instinctively move inside it in her sleep if she got cold. "But it was a good day. I'm not dead yet, after all." She said as she continued to stare up at the night sky.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2010, 05:28:57 PM »
*Nitrous finally caught up to the white tiger and quickly found out why he had stopped seeing the massive pit of monsters below* "Crap and a half, no wonder we're not moving. Hey tiger boy! I guess we're going to have a truce for now until we can start moving again, I won't attack you as long as you don't attack me." *Nitrous walked away and laid down under a tree leaning against the bark* "Friggin monsters and their crappy blockades screwing up my oh so wonderful days..." *He continued grumbling to himself for a long period of time*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2010, 06:53:31 PM »
Chrono turned around and suddenly raised a sword towards the now sitting mage. "What is wrong with you... you freaking annihilated the town!!" Chrono just grunted and walked away, followed by the now well-fed wolves who didn't even seem hostile as they padded along.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2010, 09:04:11 PM »
Lazaryos remained seated and pretty much ignored Nitrous' words. He went into deep meditation, speeding up his Majicka recovery and to put a little peace in his heart. Lazaryos' senses opened up as he continued to meditate. He heard every movement around him and felt every little gust of wind. He sighed in sadness, however, knowing that the town with the best beef-kabobs has been overrun by all surrounding habituating monsters.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2010, 09:47:25 PM »
Ember stretched her arms up straight into the air above her body, causing her wings to stretch out. She then brought her hands down and rested them on her stomach. The glistening stars in the sky were losing her attention as she grew bored staring at them. Sighing, she sat up and looked around. She didn't know why she was so restless. Picking up her staff, she looked at the ruby in it and rubbed it with part of her top, being sure not to lift it up too much since she didn't want to reveal herself to anyone who might be looking and her top wasn't a lot of fabric anyway. When she was satisfied, she set her staff in her lap and began adjusting her armlets & bracelets.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2010, 05:15:31 AM »
*Nitrous grumbled to himself until he finally fell asleep contemplating his travels and wondering what was next until he was dreaming about children* "Ugh I hate these kids, they never stop bothering me. Why can't all of you stay dead?" *The kids poked him in his dreams while he sat in front of a desk trying to write up a draft and this caused him to retaliate by smacking them for coming too close to him* "Yeah that ought to teach ya brats!" *He snored in his sleep*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2010, 01:45:25 AM »
Chrono had reached whatever was left of the town, and sat down by the front entrance. He looked around for anything easy to kill, and noticed a lone feral bear that walked out of the woods to see what caused that massive amount of light and noise. Chrono turned to the wolves and shook his head before taking out his sword and charging the bear. It wasn't until he came within striking distance did he notice that the bear had friends, two earth mages to be exact. "Keep your sword away from the brown fluffy creature man!!" Chrono was so disgusted at their appearance, he almost vomited in his armor. Freaking hippies, magical hippies at that... he steeled himself and swung at the bear, able to make at least a gash before several rocks the size of his own head came into contact and smacked him away. "Man, whats with the hate, my fluffy didn't do anything to you....!"

Chrono had enough of their talking before they could even finish their rambling. "Silence you tree huggers!!" he yelled, leaping over the bear and beheading the earth mage that had hit him with the rocks. He was about to swing at the other 'hippie' mage when vines pulled his sword out of his hand, and out of his reach. "Now you can't hurt the fluffies anym-" Chrono lunged at him and didn't even pause to breathe as he tore the mage a new metaphorical orfice in seven ways to sunday. As soon as he regained control over himself, there was nothing left of the body to describe as humanoid, and the sword had long since fallen to the ground. He picked it up, and went back to the bear, who had only limped far enough to spare him two minutes of Chrono walking, cutting his head off, and dragging the body back to the gate and setting up a small camp to cook the remains.

After he got down to the ribs and arms, he saw the wolves eyeing the bear carcace hungrily. Regretably and with a hearfelt sigh, Chrono dragged the rest of the bear over to the wolves, who quickly surrounded the body while Chrono went back to eat the rest of his dinner. Geeze, if this keeps up, I'll have a pack of wolves as pets... which means I'll have to kill more creatures and people to feed them. Meh, I'll just get more training and exercise out of it. he thought as he went to sleep, both of his swords in their respective sheaths.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 03:10:47 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2010, 10:06:32 PM »
Justeph woke up yawning and oddly hungry. Whenever he and Sindri switched places, whenever they went to sleep the 'ownership of the body' went back to normal, with Justeph in control. Reaching into his pack, he grabbed a bite to eat, a not so appealing looking hunk of meat.

"Delicious!" he said, Sindri was still 'asleep' inside his mind, and truth be told Justeph preferred it that way. His constant nagging and maiming people had really gotten tiring in the past few days. Taking down his tent, and putting it in his pack, Justeph looked upon the field. The land had fallen upon a dark night. It was strangely beautiful in a way. Lots of little lights dotted the landscape

"People camping I guess.." He thought, grinning to himself evilly as he could get a head start. How mistaken was he when he wondered why some people were stopped at a tree, and then heard a couple roars in the distance and immediately understood why they weren't taking advantage of the night travel.

Since he got a lot of sleep, he decided to just silently sit down at the tree, unnoticed and unheard, at least until morning came. He took another bite out of that chunk of meat and started finishing it, when he couldn't eat any more, then he just threw the rest in some random direction.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2010, 11:29:46 PM »
Lazaryos awoke the next morning just as the sun was rising, still sitting in his meditation position and got up, looking down on the town. Blood stains were still all over the floor, but the town was completely void of the sea of beasts from the night prior. He walked down the hill and through the town. On the way down, Lazaryos noticed the armoured warrior from the day before laying and snoring next to a small fire pit that was out with a prop of what looked like the remains of a bear. He shrugged and went through the town, searching for what might be useful on his way. It was a bit eerie, however, with so much blood everywhere, but not a single body, hair or bone anywhere in sight. Lazaryos cruised down the streets that he remembered from memory and found the place he was looking for.  With a strike from the butt of his staff, he broke down the cover from a small stand and there, still on a very small fire that must've been big to begin with to still be running now, not to mention the size of the pot, was his prize. There are many things in this world that is luscious to everyone in this world, but for Lazaryos, there was only one thing he ever liked, Praxville's special beef-kabobs made and sold specifically by Chief Praxton's son, Eli. And there, only 2 feet away, was the last pot of them that will ever be made. Lazaryos looked around the other stands and found a large icing box about the same size as the 4-foot tub in Eli's stand. With all his strength, he poured all the beef, including the sauce, into the icing box and grabbed a handful to eat before covering it up and running the straps over his arms. On his way out, Lazaryos grabbed a handful of kabob sticks from the stand and continued on north. It would he was happy for two reasons. 1) He got the last of Praxville's famous dish. 2) He wouldn't see anyone until nightfall, since he headed out so much earlier.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2010, 12:11:39 AM »
Ember awoke and stretched, having fallen asleep quickly after she had adjusted her bracelets and armlets. She moved and knelt by her sleeping mat, rolling it up and re-attaching it to her bag. As she put the bag back on her back and stood up with her staff in hand, she saw someone sitting against a tree out of the corner of her eye. Looking over at the stranger, she recognized him as the one who ended up tossing a body in her direction. Her look turned into a glare at him before she looked forward again and started on her way. Not caring about wasting time looking for anything in the town, she ran through it, having no interest in blood-sight-seeing.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2010, 02:31:37 AM »
*Nitrous grumbled as he got up from his uncomfortable tree sleep* "I swear these trees purposefully make it so you can't sleep peacefully by moving roots to mess with your head!" *He bumbled about till he was standing up and noticed the gargoyle-bat already moving* "Oh you're not going to get ahead of me too quickly, I'll be right behind you and tiger-boy, wherever he is." *Nitrous followed her through the town grinning at the sights of blood scattered about almost everywhere from what was left of the people* "Ha ha, sucks to be them. Probably the work of some mischievous creatures, I wonder how tiger boy took it." *He eventually got out of the town and just kept moving along steadily*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2010, 03:40:07 AM »
Chrono heard a bark and he slowly woke up to a wolf sitting right in front of him. "Yes... what is it?" he said like the wolf would actually understand what he said. The wolf pushed him up and then nudged him towards the town, and he only grunted as he stretched while walking through whatever that mage left of the town. Dang, this is almost on par with my father's skill... but at least he constrained himself... he thought as he 'lead' the wolves through the town and out the opposite way, having already ate and had no need to drink. The wolves had grown attached to him, going from ten meters away to five meters and almost happily following him. As he reached the end of the village, he noticed there were creatures not that far from here, with dried blood on thier mouths. He assumed they just got their early breakfast, and if there wasn't too many, they would be a good breakfast for the following he has. Although, it was odd when he walked over to the creatures, his wolves started to bend around him and towards the monsters. Chrono took a guess by what they were getting ready for, and drew his sword, sending an unconsious signal that their meal was right before them.

How ironic that one who perfers no company, get a battalion that is completely willing to fight with him. "Just to clear things up, I'm not responsible for your life if you decide to break off..." he said as he lead the attack on their breakfast.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2010, 02:51:01 PM »
Lazaryos continued his journey north with the possibly the happiest day of his life. However, when the day ended, he had finished all the beef and he sat in mediation, going through the saddest night of his life. But he didn't have long to lament as he heard growling and walking all around him. Lazaryos opened his eyes and looked around, a sea of black surrounded him. He saw the glowing eyes of many beasts swarming around him, and he heard the sound of their hungry mouths. The same group of monsters that kill off an entire town, this might be a problem.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2010, 03:44:29 PM »
Ember continued her journey at a normal pace after she had gotten through the town. She had pulled food out of her bag and ate while she walked, not seeing a point in stopping to eat. "If you really think I'm so stupid as to not notice you following me, you've got another thing coming." She finally said loud enough for Nitrous to hear. She had never turned her head to see who was following her so she didn't know it was the one who had tried to make her and the white tiger fight, but she knew somebody was following ever since she got up. Not too far away now, she saw a group of glowing eyes surrounding somebody. Knowing that they would attack her once they noticed her, she wasn't going to take any chances. As she walked, she raised her staff, shooting a fireball at the monsters.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2010, 06:31:49 PM »
*As Nitrous continued to follow the girl for what seemed like hours, hoping she was going in the right direction because long ago he lost his sense of direction due to the previous chaos of the destroyed town. He barely seemed to notice that the Sun had had long ago disappeared on the horizon and nightfall had set in; the girl in front of him quickly acknowledged the wolf with some irritation in her voice* "I ain't going to attack ya girly if that's what you're worried about, I'm just going in the same direction." *He retorted as kept walking behind her where suddenly the wolf stopped short as soon as she stopped he then quickly noticed the glowing eyes of creatures in the dark and he squinted further but couldn't make out as to why they were converged on that location* "Oh lookie there, more crap to block my journey. I guess I had this coming to me anyways after attacking tiger boy earlier, oh well." *He sighed to himself and then looked back up quickly to not let  off his guard to the presence of the unwelcome guests* "I guess I'll have to put these wretches out of their misery, but only because I don't have the time to deal with this crap any other way."

*The gargoyle-bat shot fire upon the creatures at which point the wolf decided to aid without much consent* "Haha girly, nice little show you put on there. I'll show you what this dark mage can do!" *Nitrous focused a great amount of cosmic energy into his paws and looked upon the sky as he cast a meteor attack; he watched it come down and break up, raining upon the monsters surrounding the white tiger, smashing a few and causing some to tremble from the quake of the collision with the ground* "Take that ya stupid pests, get the Hell out of here!" *The wolf had damaged some and killed a few, but hardly made more than a dent in the group* "Crap, looks like more than I could probably handle alone. Damn it, I hate asking for help." *He looked over at the gargoyle-bat to see what she was going to do next*
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 07:30:41 PM by White Wolf Guardian »