The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66862 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #330 on: June 13, 2010, 04:58:39 PM »
Chrono was really thrown off by the rain, since he constantly had his head looking up for any openings in the sky. How is that in an arid desert climate, we end up getting a rainstorm that blocks out the entire sky?! He licked up any drops that hit his face, but still contnued to look up as the rain boggled his mind in ways it would for those not well-versed in magic and anomalies.  "Am I the only one who notices how out-of-place this rainstorm is?!" he yelled when he noticed that Lazaryos was drinking water like it was beer, and Ember looking even gloomier than before.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #331 on: June 13, 2010, 05:14:27 PM »
Alistair was quite shocked that it was raining, he took down his hood and looked straight up. He flashed back again. The clouds blanketed the sky, dark evil looking clouds. It was raining heavily while Alistair and Vivian were practicing. He was going to use a spell he had never used before, Vivian advised against it but the rain often clouded his judgement. Needless to say, he used the spell; it went horribly wrong. It backfired and struck Vivian killing her almost instantly, leaving Alistair comatose for two days to only wake up do his true love dead before him. "Vivian?!" He crawled towards her weakly and lifter her up in his arms. "Vivian! No! NO! Vivian! NOOOOOO!!!!" While looking up in the rain he said something without realizing it. "I'm sorry..."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #332 on: June 13, 2010, 05:21:40 PM »
Lazaryos sighed as he finished his large gulp and looked over at Alistair as he spoke. Bloody idiot. He wiped his mouth and gripped his staff after Chrono's question. "Just enjoy it while it lasts. Rain like this will only last for about 2 hours. After it ends, the clouds will clear almost instantly and the sun will make our lives a living hell while we hike on. You're truly going to broil into a well done dragon steak by the end of the day."
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 05:47:33 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #333 on: June 13, 2010, 06:01:38 PM »
Ember heard Alistair speak but completely ignored it. She didn't care what it was about or what he was thinking of to make him say it. She grabbed her canteen and took a drink. It was nearly empty now. She looked over at Lazaryos and sighed. She was going to have to ask him if she could use the helmet so she could refill the canteen and she hated asking for any kind of help. Slowly she walked over to him. "Could I use that for a moment?" She asked, pointing at the helmet. "I need a refill." She held up her canteen to show what she meant like she actually had to even though she didn't.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #334 on: June 13, 2010, 10:10:52 PM »
Chrono laughed at the idea of being roasted while slightly opening up his breast-plate, followed by a sudden rush of water that cascaded down the armor and onto the sand. "While it would be annoying to carry all this water, you're under the assumption that I actually have wounds that would invite the heat to roast me. I'm still of draconian heritage mage, and that includes the innate resistance to heat"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #335 on: June 14, 2010, 12:39:29 AM »
Alistair looked back down and pulled his hood back up. There was some water in it it so it trickled down his body under his cloak. He just dismissed it, it was refreshing at the very least. He watched Lazaryos take a drink from the helmet which prompted him to whip his scythe off his back and hold it into the air with the blade sideways. It looked as if he was ready to attack as he held it there for a moment. But after a bit he slowly moved the blade to his mouth, he then licked the blade from end to end with only the bottom portion of his face visible under his hood.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #336 on: June 14, 2010, 02:19:13 PM »
Lazaryos handed Ember the helmet without looking at her as his feelings started to "rise" to the occasion. He looked around, when his hairs stood up on end jumped back, just in time to see a black sword come down and strike the ground, lightning striking with it. The figure holding the sword stood up straight and was dressed similar to him, but was a chameleon and looked as sickly ill as Alistair did. "Watch out! It's the Cursed Weapon user that's been killing of the others!"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #337 on: June 14, 2010, 03:35:01 PM »
Ember thanked Lazaryos as she took the helmet. When she saw the sword coming she jumped back as well, helmet still in hand. She took a few more steps back and shoved the helmet into the ground with the opening towards the sky. That way, she could still get the water to refill her canteen while they fought the Cursed Weapon user. She switched her staff to her right hand and readied herself for a fight.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #338 on: June 14, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »
"I call dibs on that sword!!" Chrono yelled before drawing his sword and trying to circle his way towards the chameleon, knowing a frontal attack with someone that can cut armor is really close to suicide. However, he did not see how Alister's scythe worked, and was un-prepared for the chameleon to have the sword sticking out right where he was running towards. He had to turn his blade where it would only push himself away from the oncoming edge, but Chrono's vision went white as he grazzed the blade and he was on his back with his own sword somehow not broken. It took Chrono a few moments to realize his sword arm was numb and on the verge of seizing up. He kept his sights on the cursed weapon while making his way back to Lazaryos. "Well, this one definatly went to the trouble of enchanting his own sword..."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 07:20:58 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #339 on: June 14, 2010, 06:41:46 PM »
Alistair looked at the new arrival with intrest, even more so when he noticed the weapon was indeed cursed. He spun his scythe in his hands and rested it over his shoulder in his right hand with the blade pointing up. He still kept his expressionless face while he watched the chameleon engage Chrono for a short moment. He didn't plan on fighting unless he had to, he wanted to watch this guy kill the others, the only time he would step in then was when Ember would be the only one left. He really wanted to kill her. He just remained silent as he stood back from the others just watching.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #340 on: June 16, 2010, 10:18:10 PM »
Lazaryos brought up a lightning shield and the sword clashed hard against it. The shield burst into a shockwave and sent the two flying in two opposite directions. "That's not an enchanted weapon! It's a cursed one! The user is apparently a lightning Mage like me! Try your best not to make contact with his sword directly! Every swing is as strong as a medium-level spell! It's no wonder all those armor pieces were cut cleanly through! Wind affinity is the sharpest when it comes to cutting, no matter what sub magic you use! Dodge him! Don't fight him head-on, or else he'll cut right through you!"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #341 on: June 16, 2010, 11:35:23 PM »
Ember's ruby charged up as Lazaryos shielded himself and then him & the Cursed Weapon user were sent flying. She could feel her enthusiasm for fighting dwindling which was a bad thing because then she would have no interest in fighting and probably wouldn't be able to even think of what she should do in a fight. If her enthusiasm for fights died, she would die soon after. She shook her head to free her from her own thoughts then sent a medium-sized fireball at the Cursed Weapon user.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #342 on: June 16, 2010, 11:45:39 PM »
Chrono didn't need enthusiasm for the fighting foes better than him. In fact, it was that enthusiasm that usually got him in the worst of situations. He had to gague the total length that the weapon could be swung, and he found out the hard way as the cursed mage made his weapon travel down his now extended tail, and he swung the tail to catch Chrono as he tried to attack from an angle of 90 degrees or greater. The blade cut a piece of his face-guard off, as well as nicking his right cheek. Chrono then put a hand in his primary sheathe, waiting for the Cursed Weapon user to be distracted long enough for him to throw a kunai at it...

A blade that cuts all, and a concealed way to extend the range tenfold, if he starts shooting lightning out that blade....

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #343 on: June 17, 2010, 12:40:47 AM »
Alistair just stood idley by watching the fight unfold. The chameleon broke through a shield from Lazaryos and almost decapitated Chrono. He was a little annoyed that he wasn't. "His weapon is sharp...I wonder if a cursed weapon such as his can cut through another...? Hmm...I'm sure the Tiger knows...This fight will be...Interesting..." Alistair continued waiting and watching, hoping someone would die already. "I should probably step in before one dies...These...People...Are a free ride to The Mana droplet...I can't let them...All die...At least not the Tiger..." he groaned thinking.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 01:38:43 AM by Srgntcuddles »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #344 on: June 18, 2010, 12:27:08 PM »
The chameleon swung his sword, lightning in tow, and knocked the fireball aside like it was a slow moving fly. He then ran over to Chrono, leaping and coming down with a powerful swing. Lazaryos quickly charged a quick lightning bullet and fired at the chameleon's back its back took the hit in mid-air and fizzled out. Damn those armours. He quickly charged another bullet as the chameleon was leaping through the air and shot it at Chrono's chest, knocking him back far enough to avoid being his by the crack of the sword and its lightning.